Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Michael Muhney reportedly spotted at Y&R studios
Topic Started: May 30 2014, 10:30 PM (8,835 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

While keeping relatively silent since being let go from CBS’ “The Young and the Restless” in early December, actor Michael Muhney (ex-Adam Newman) was reportedly spotted on the CBS Television Studios based set of the daytime drama series recently, reports Soap Opera Digest in its June 9 issue.

“Insiders report that Michael Muhney could be back in the mix to reprise the role,” the magazine says in its reporting, after noting that the search to find a replacement has intensified. “The actor, whose controversial exit last December sent shockwaves through the soap community, was reportedly spotted at the ‘Y&R’ studios.”

When pressed for comment on the matter by the magazine, a show spokesperson said, “We don’t comment on rumors or contract status.”

Source: SON
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shark
Member Avatar

LOL thanks for the update !

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

shark
May 30 2014, 11:07 PM
LOL thanks for the update !
This way nobody here quoted SOD directly. ;)

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Looks like I'm going to get a lot of things done around home and outside.
If they let him come back, this house will be immaculate and the library will be sick of me.
I don't see CBS and TPTB taking that risk.

shark
Member Avatar

I'd like to see him return just because we're all so used to him and he had good chemistry with Chelsea. If it's true a truce will have to be worked out between him and Hunter King. If he's got any sense he'll keep hands to himself and go pay for it. I think behind the scenes a 'deal' might be getting worked out. Must not be any kind of legal action being discussed or it would have leaked out by now. Been months.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Wishful thinking for the MM fans. It's a way to keep the talk going. He was disliked by more cast members than he was liked. He isn't gold. They aren't going to risk other cast members walking to bring him back. The "hand" might not even BE Adam ...
MCE said a nice word, SC did a tribute for him and probably patted him on his pointed head. 2 people compared to 20? Odds aren't on his side.

shark
Member Avatar

He had such good chemistry with the baby and Chelsea main reason I'd like to see him back, plus, he could take on Victor and give as good as he got. I'm tired of all these cast changes. Ones, you want gone, never leave and the goodies don't last. Shame.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

MM isn't the only one that gets along with babies and Chelsea.
They can't just keep on the troublemakers for the sake of a few people. There are many others. MM ain't all it.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

shark
May 31 2014, 09:02 AM
He had such good chemistry with the baby and Chelsea main reason I'd like to see him back, plus, he could take on Victor and give as good as he got. I'm tired of all these cast changes. Ones, you want gone, never leave and the goodies don't last. Shame.
So what if he's good with Chelsea and the baby? He commits a crime and you don't care because he's good with a baby? WOW!
I don't believe he's coming back, the article says "reportedly" that's not exactly written in stone.
Maybe someone saw his replacement and he looks enough like MM to be mistaken for him.

shark
Member Avatar

If he don't come back hope they bring back the original. Hate all these recasts just not the same like wanting a snickers bar and eating celery. Don't get it. LOL :roflol:

Checkers
Member Avatar

Posted Image

nananana7

I read the SOD item that SON is quoting.
  • It doesn't say he's coming back.
  • It doesn't say he's in talks about coming back.
  • It says he was "reportedly spotted at the Y&R studio".

In my opinion:
  • The person who was "reportedly spotted" could just be someone who looks like MM.
  • The language "spotted" seems to imply seen once. It doesn't imply seen regularly.
  • Whether it was MM, a look-alike, or nobody at all, the so-called insiders who are generating the gossip to SOD -- are probably misinterpreting whatever somebody thought they saw.

NOTE:
The same is issue of SOD has on its cover
a photo of actress Jamie Luner as a possible Phyllis recast,
-- yet we know that Gina Tognoni got the part.

Jamey Giddens of Daytime Confidential tweeted a reply to a question:
Jamey_Giddens @Jamey_Giddens
.@SoaperForLife I've been told there won't be a decision on Adam for some time. #YR
https://twitter.com/Jamey_Giddens/status/472142163053006848

Michael Logan of TV Guide tweeted a reply to a question:
Michael Logan @TVGMLogan
Not a chance. "@LisaSimpson24: is it true that MM is returning to #YR?"
https://twitter.com/TVGMLogan/status/472551146490327040
Edited by nananana7, May 31 2014, 02:02 PM.

Soapwatcher

Oh please, I've quit watching haven't watched since April, but I do want to see what Phyllis does when she comes back to GC, will definitely stay away if MM comes back, like
Blissful Lily says, my house will be the cleanest its ever been and I too may take up residency at the library. Can't stand MM at all, and if they're that stupid, Leslie Mooves needs to have Julie Chin give him some Chinese torture big time.

shark
Member Avatar

probably does just by looking at him hahahhaha

Meow

shark
May 31 2014, 07:40 AM
I'd like to see him return just because we're all so used to him and he had good chemistry with Chelsea. If it's true a truce will have to be worked out between him and Hunter King. If he's got any sense he'll keep hands to himself and go pay for it. I think behind the scenes a 'deal' might be getting worked out. Must not be any kind of legal action being discussed or it would have leaked out by now. Been months.
IMO he and Chelsea's chemistry is off the charts and I really love them together. Plus I really like him and as long as he agrees to keep his nasty paws off poor Hunter King, I'm OK with him coming back. It's really pathetic that he did that to her, SMH!! They must have reached some agreement if he's been seen on the set.

Meow

BlissfulLily
May 31 2014, 09:25 AM
MM isn't the only one that gets along with babies and Chelsea.
They can't just keep on the troublemakers for the sake of a few people. There are many others. MM ain't all it.
Everybody has a right to their opinion.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Since everyone is just expressing their opinion, I'll share mine. I hope the creep isn't hired back. I know he has a lot of fans but I can't stand him.
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, May 31 2014, 08:07 PM.

shark
Member Avatar

I can't stand Dylan, Tyler, Billy, etc. at least David Tom got showed the door. Just wish MM had went looking for his grab titty off the set.Posted Image I liked him as Victor's son and he played a good trouble maker. I'm not a rabid fan because I know people come and go and everybody can be replaced, but, he hurt the show bad. Shame, he had to bring down so much doom and gloom.

Posted Image
Edited by shark, May 31 2014, 09:08 PM.

kelly777
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
May 31 2014, 07:31 AM
If they let him come back, this house will be immaculate and the library will be sick of me.
IF he comes back then the reason he left isn't for harassment. It just can't be. It's a Federal law that you cannot be harassed in your place of employment. Being as how it is so strong, I'm even surprised they let him finish out the three day wind down. There is just something that is just WAY off here. I even thought a couple of times since they let him finish out the three days maybe it wasn't harassment that caused him to lose his job. IDK. It's all a mystery to me.

shark
Member Avatar

kelly777
May 31 2014, 10:06 PM
BlissfulLily
May 31 2014, 07:31 AM
IF he comes back then the reason he left isn't for harassment. It just can't be. It's a Federal law that you cannot be harassed in your place of employment. Being as how it is so strong, I'm even surprised they let him finish out the three day wind down. There is just something that is just WAY off here. I even thought a couple of times since they let him finish out the three days maybe it wasn't harassment that caused him to lose his job. IDK. It's all a mystery to me.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply