Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, June 2nd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: May 31 2014, 02:33 AM (20,899 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AO-uzV098xQ

Discuss!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

WillFan
Member Avatar

You mean Monday, 2nd Daily Discussion lysie?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

OliveAnn

We're celebrating Mark Hapka's birthday? OK.

blueskies
Member Avatar

oy, that whiney b*stard.

Edit: I may need that ending gif'd though, so hilarious :lol:
Edited by blueskies, May 31 2014, 09:06 AM.

OliveAnn

blueskies
May 31 2014, 09:04 AM
oy, that whiney b*stard.

Edit: I may need that ending gif'd though, so hilarious :lol:
http://realdetective.tumblr.com/post/4125726056/finally-my-hard-work-has-come-to-fruition-in

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Lol.

lysie
Member Avatar

WillFan
May 31 2014, 02:48 AM
You mean Monday, 2nd Daily Discussion lysie?
I really need a calendar.

james0479
Member Avatar

Good Lord what an embarrassing little bitch!

james0479
Member Avatar

Wasn't there some rant on twitter around the time Hapka was leaving the show? For whatever reason I seem to remember him going on a tirade and I found it hilarious but now I can't recall it.

lysie
Member Avatar

james0479
May 31 2014, 11:46 AM
Wasn't there some rant on twitter around the time Hapka was leaving the show? For whatever reason I seem to remember him going on a tirade and I found it hilarious but now I can't recall it.
He did a chat, and then he started a rumor that he was one of the actors returning during the reset.

lysie
Member Avatar

We're going to try something new with the Monday discussion threads. I'm going to try and start them on Friday and start them with a classic clip like we used to do when we had only weekly discussion threads. However, it's going to be a bit more interactive so that it's not just me picking the clip every week. I'm not 100% sure how this will work, but for this week, whoever is the 7th person to post in Wednesday's discussion thread will get to choose the next clip. I'll still post it, but they'll pm me a selection. The only restriction is that the clip needs to be from any regime prior to the current one. So anything prior to August of 2012.

am103
Member Avatar

lysie
May 31 2014, 12:34 PM
We're going to try something new with the Monday discussion threads. I'm going to try and start them on Friday and start them with a classic clip like we used to do when we had only weekly discussion threads. However, it's going to be a bit more interactive so that it's not just me picking the clip every week. I'm not 100% sure how this will work, but for this week, whoever is the 7th person to post in Wednesday's discussion thread will get to choose the next clip. I'll still post it, but they'll pm me a selection. The only restriction is that the clip needs to be from any regime prior to the current one. So anything prior to August of 2012.
Cool idea!

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

james0479
Who is Hapka? I have absolutely no clue who that is
Edited by DaysAddiction, May 31 2014, 02:11 PM.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
May 31 2014, 02:33 AM
No clue who that is. :shrug:

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

lysie
May 31 2014, 12:34 PM
I really love that idea!

jam6242
Member Avatar

DaysAddiction
May 31 2014, 02:10 PM
james0479
He played Nathan Horton, who was the son of Maggie's daughter, Melissa.

OliveAnn

DaysAddiction
May 31 2014, 02:10 PM
james0479
Mark Hapka is the actor in the clip above. He played Nathan Horton, Melissa's son, from 2009 until 2011. He was fired from the show when, according to what he claims, he asked that the show give him and his colleagues some work to do, instead of giving storylines to only 5 people and making everybody else supporting players in the background. This was the time when Dena Highley was still writing the show and airtime was extremely unevenly distributed. The only ones who had a storyline were Alison Sweeney, James Scott, Galen Gering, Shawn Christian and Molly Burnett; they were featured all that time, whereas some other people were at times absent for an entire month. This fact was discussed a lot on this board, but Hapka was the first one to openly acknowledge that people working for the show were aware of this fact, as well. He also said that he'd never met Dena Highley during his time on the show, which tarnished her already bad reputation even further and confirmed a lot of things that had been suspected about her.

However, while was mad at the TPTB at Days, he also indirectly encouraged fans to start a campaign to bring him back. Then, a couple of weeks later, Soaps.com claimed to have been infromed by Hapka on FB that he was returning to the show. The same site later shut down the rumor with a very confusing explanation: the message came form Hapka's account, but he claimed it wasn't him who had sent it. Until this day, we still don't know who the real liar in that story is, but some believe the message really did come from Hapka himself.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

I'm totally the cheese standing alone on this, but I really liked Nathan and his character. It was Melanie that I hated in regards to Nathan.

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

PALMommy
May 31 2014, 03:14 PM
I'm totally the cheese standing alone on this, but I really liked Nathan and his character. It was Melanie that I hated in regards to Nathan.
Yeah, I didn't mind Nathan either, but he became completely intolerable when he was all obsessed with Melanie.

lysie
Member Avatar

PALMommy
May 31 2014, 03:14 PM
I didn't mind him at all. But what always comes to mind with him is how he was ALL ABOUT Melanie/Nathan being the next big supercouple and he was basically shipping them any time he opened his mouth, but onscreen he played Nathan as totally in love with Stephanie. It was so weird.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply