Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratings for the week of May 19-23, 2014
Topic Started: May 31 2014, 04:14 AM (1,832 Views)
am103
Member Avatar

lysie
May 31 2014, 11:12 PM
am103
May 31 2014, 11:03 PM
Thanks for posting those! Those numbers are not too far off from what we're seeing now. Very interesting. What are the serious chances of TomSell actually getting the boot though? Corday always sounds very satisfied with the work they produce.
Well, until he fired the others he sounded satisfied with them, too. My guess is that the summer is going to be pretty important. They have KDP and ED coming in, and if something doesn't take off then, maybe we'll stand a chance. I have definitely noticed that at least at DR recently, we're starting to resemble the outlook we had at the end of Higley.
The stories aren't necessarily terrible (although some are), but the characters are what's killing me. The writing for them is atrocious! Nicole has turned into a whiny, blubbery mess. JJ is a total bore, which is a complete 360 from when he first started. And don't even get me started on John and Marlena.

I'm praying KDP and ED rock the house, because my interest in the current state of the show dwindles with each passing episode.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

am103
May 31 2014, 11:16 PM
lysie
am103
Thanks for posting those! Those numbers are not too far off from what we're seeing now. Very interesting. What are the serious chances of TomSell actually getting the boot though? Corday always sounds very satisfied with the work they produce.
Well, until he fired the others he sounded satisfied with them, too. My guess is that the summer is going to be pretty important. They have KDP and ED coming in, and if something doesn't take off then, maybe we'll stand a chance. I have definitely noticed that at least at DR recently, we're starting to resemble the outlook we had at the end of Higley.
The stories aren't necessarily terrible (although some are), but the characters are what's killing me. The writing for them is atrocious! Nicole has turned into a whiny, blubbery mess. JJ is a total bore, which is a complete 360 from when he first started. And don't even get me started on John and Marlena.

I'm praying KDP and ED rock the house, because my interest in the current state of the show dwindles with each passing episode.
The stories are weird. They're close to being fine, but they're just not. Do you remember how with Higley, the spoilers always sounded promising but then it was awful? We'd get so excited about some stupid spoiler, and it'd end up being something dumb.

am103
Member Avatar

lysie
May 31 2014, 11:19 PM
am103
May 31 2014, 11:16 PM
lysie
am103

The stories are weird. They're close to being fine, but they're just not. Do you remember how with Higley, the spoilers always sounded promising but then it was awful? We'd get so excited about some stupid spoiler, and it'd end up being something dumb.
Oh yeah. I never understood how all-over-the-place things were around June-ish of 2010 when Alice started to become ill. Higley, in my opinion, had a pretty rocking cast at that time and some lackluster stories. Shane, Anna, Calliope... Jessica Tuck was part of the cast... SO much wasted potential. Although 2011 was simply Higley at her worst. The female characters were just PATHETIC (funny, kinda like right now under TomSell). How do you mess up Carly and Vivian? Ugh.
Edited by am103, May 31 2014, 11:28 PM.

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'd be ok with them dropping Tomlin, promoting Broderick to co-head writer and also promoting Melissa Salmons to associate head/breakdown writer.

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

am103
May 31 2014, 12:57 PM
I hate to say it, but I'm glad to see Days' numbers continue to go down. May Sweeps, in a nutshell, was a total fail. Which makes NO sense, given that you have an affair to be exposed, a murder mystery, siblings with a secret past, etc. May should have totally delivered!

Wake up, TomSell!
Lol that was a lot more action than what we got on Y&R! :tumbleweed: How sad is that.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Miss Rhi
Jun 1 2014, 12:49 AM
I'd be ok with them dropping Tomlin, promoting Broderick to co-head writer and also promoting Melissa Salmons to associate head/breakdown writer.
If I had to make a change, this is exactly what I would try first. Someone is messing with proven storytelling talent and it's most likely Tomlin who actually had some of that himself before. Rather than recycle some team of GL or AMC hacks, move people from within the current team.

T-Love74
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
May 31 2014, 09:02 PM
T-Love74
May 31 2014, 08:52 PM
james0479
May 31 2014, 08:02 AM
Sometimes I wonder what would've happened had GH's writers were at Days. I don't watch GH but I usually hear good stuff about it and damn those numbers say something. On well. I've always loved the underdog so ill remain stuck in Salem.
Let me put it like this. Craptini retweeted a tweet from a viewer that said his writing reminded them
of JER's Passions. I don't think I need to go any further, lol.
Right about now, that would be a step up for Days in the writing department.
I'm sorry, but I don't wanna see stupid mob stuff and silly Scooby Doo mask stories.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

So, those ratings weren't very far off from what there is now.

Man, GH was *really* scraping at the bottom of their barrel back then! I have to say that no matter what I think about the writing currently over there, they've come a long way from that. Luckily for them they got rid of Kill Fucking Phelps just in time.

thepadange

I think that TPTB at "Days" saw it coming and that's why they made some efforts to sign KDP and ED.
But if the numbers for November sweeps are similar to those I think there might be bigger changes.
Edited by thepadange, Jun 1 2014, 07:58 AM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

T-Love74
Jun 1 2014, 07:36 AM
Grandpa Hughes
May 31 2014, 09:02 PM
T-Love74
james0479
Sometimes I wonder what would've happened had GH's writers were at Days. I don't watch GH but I usually hear good stuff about it and damn those numbers say something. On well. I've always loved the underdog so ill remain stuck in Salem.
Let me put it like this. Craptini retweeted a tweet from a viewer that said his writing reminded them
Right about now, that would be a step up for Days in the writing department.
I'm sorry, but I don't wanna see stupid mob stuff and silly Scooby Doo mask stories.
"And I would've gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling kids! " Damn! Some bad Saturday mornings there. I am not a fan of the mask n mob stuff either but ths writing on Days right now is dreadful. It should be coming off as classic soap storytelling but something is always "off".
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Jun 1 2014, 05:15 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

T-Love74
james0479
well i'd prefer that. Admittedly I have preferred TomSell to both Higley and MarDar. They have definitely gone downhill these last few months though especially. I will say I sorta wish they would have put together some amalgamation though b/c I liked MarDar's characterizations, just thought their storylines were boring as heck. Higley can still stay away.
Edited by blueskies, Jun 1 2014, 10:10 AM.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

It's sad to see how many viewers GH and B&B have gained in that period while Days is still treading water. Jordan's secret should be out, the Ejabby sex should be out and Ericole's slow burn should have allowed them to become the next great couple. We should be moving on to Eve's arrival, Kristen's return & Ejami's departure with fresh stories, not shoe-horning them in with all this other crap still hanging around.

ITA with giving Broderick & Salmons more say in this writing crew.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

The big problem for Days is that these are sweeps numbers. If it was just some random week in April, probably not a big deal. But sweeps is usually something the show does well and uses to propel them through the non-sweeps month. May sweeps sucked big time which doesn't bode well for summer. I gotta assume the writers are banking on the returns of Eve and Kristen, as well as whatever huge twist in the Ejami SL that JS has been talking up to drive summer ratings. I guess we'll see...

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
May 31 2014, 09:14 PM
I need someone to talk me down. I'm starting to get hopeful.

you'll be stuck with Dena...so don't get hopeful.

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 3 2014, 09:14 AM
lysie

I'd prefer her.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

So Tomlin is fast approaching "fire-able" rating numbers...at least numbers that got him fired the first time.

I have no hope but to HOPE for the ratings to continue to go down.

DAYS still needs to lose another 150,000-200,000 viewers before I can see them firing this dreadful writing team.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 3 2014, 10:26 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

lysie
Jun 3 2014, 10:14 AM
LuvingLumi
Jun 3 2014, 09:14 AM
lysie

I'd prefer her.
In a way I think her stories weren't AWFUL, her ideas weren't bad ones...maybe a combo of DH and LB would be good?

I have never understood how Corday fired MarDar to hire Whitesell after he fired him as CO-HW under Dena and then hired Tomlin with him who he fired as EP when Dena was there....it baffles my mind....

All I want is new writers for the 50th anniversary...someone who's proven solid....promoting LB would be the ideal thing to do....I've always thought ONE head writer was the way to go...no infighting, no I have this idea but you don't like this idea issue....when JER was there he was in control writing wise...and whether it sucked or was wonderful you could blame HIS writing pen...now we see ourselves wondering who wrote this, if this person wrote for this couple/character or not...etc....
Edited by LuvingLumi, Jun 3 2014, 10:27 AM.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

The plan to save Days part two hundred and forty seven!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply