Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
GH: June Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 1 2014, 04:47 PM (8,576 Views)
maconrich
Member Avatar

Two questions: noticed Julian biting his lower lip like Sam does - actually at the same time she was. Is this something new, or just something I've missed?

Second: those who are familiar with MS's work, is it accurate to think she has a wicked talent for "insane eyes" and for possibly portraying a twisted bitch better than pretty much anyone that's currently on GH?
Offline Profile Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Agreed with all of your points Heart.

Morgan is awesome especially when he calls about Sonny. Ava maybe pregnant now but I still wonder if maybe she loses it and we have a fake baby. Ava isn't stupid. She knows this baby is the only thing keeping her alive.

Totally got a weird vibe from Nina. A very Fatal Attraction vibe especially when she finds out about Silas and Sam. There is definitely some motive behind her actions.

Think you might be right about Levi. Lord I hope not, but there are too many flashing arrows pointing at it happening. Although when Levi made the remark about Mac not being Maxie's father, I thought Mac was going yo slug him.

Loving Maxie and Nathan. Part of me wants to see them get together now, but then the tension of waiting could be good too. Loved Diane's remark about him being a keeper.

Amazing job with everyone involved with the passing away of Gabriel. So emotional. I am curious how the aftermath plays out.
Edited by cubsgirl, Jun 5 2014, 08:27 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

meaghan

maconrich
Jun 5 2014, 05:15 AM
Two questions: noticed Julian biting his lower lip like Sam does - actually at the same time she was. Is this something new, or just something I've missed?

Second: those who are familiar with MS's work, is it accurate to think she has a wicked talent for "insane eyes" and for possibly portraying a twisted bitch better than pretty much anyone that's currently on GH?
OMG....yes about MS...When she first showed up on Y&R she was insane when it came to the man she wanted and did everything she could to keep him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

Heart
Jun 4 2014, 10:31 PM
Today was a strong episode.

I LOVE Morgan x3!!! He's the only guy in PC that calls people out on their BS and isn't afraid to say what he need to say and what needs to be said. He gets that from Carly. Speaking of Carly, she really wants Sonny to kill Ava, who wants to do it himself, but that baby is Ava's 9 months insurance.

I really didn't like Nina's official debut. Something about her tells me she's a Madeline Jr. the minute she discovers everything and starts walking. I was expecting Nathan, Silas, and Sam to discover her at the clinic and they share an emotional reunion. Ava's definitely going to have her hands full with her. I'm also speculating Kiki isn't Ava's for the longest since she's trying to get back good with her. I don't think ME did a good job tbh.

I'm starting to think that there's more to Levi and that his intentions on entering Maxie's life wasn't something that just happened. I think he's Mac's long lost son. It explains why he manipulate Maxie emotionally when it comes to certain things in her life, but what really gave it away was when he told Mac that Maxie wasn't really his daughter. John York really did a good job in that scene. The actor that plays Levi really mesh with JY. I didn't find Levi annoying, but rather intriguing.

I'm so glad Nathan was supporting Maxie today and Diane was right, he's definitely a keeper. I'm so ready for them to get serious.

Patrick and Sabrina scenes were very emotional with Gabriel. When his heart stop beating, I cried when the show went off. It was too close to home. Everyone involved did a good job.

I agree with everything you wrote. Even about Levi. Good call about him being Mac's son. Nina is gonna be a bitch ...um....on wheels. Sorry. The way she gave Sam a subtle dig was great although Sam didn't deserve it. I agree with you and 3WishGenie about ME. He's usually more 'present '. I don't often get misty these days but that baby Gabriel stuff was heartbreaking. Felix was great too but I forgot the actor's name in my other post. Haha. Im really enjoying the hell out of the show.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

maconrich
Jun 5 2014, 05:15 AM

Yes to MS in my opinion. I was not crazy about a lot of her later work on Y&R but she does crazy bitch really well. The halting way she spoke at times came across to me as someone who is getting some motor and cognitive skills back after an illness. I liked the wheelchair and the way it sounded like she had been out of the coma for longer than we thought. There was a creepiness to her scenes. I didn't notice the Julian /Sam biting lip thing but really liked Sam in those scenes and the way she didn't shove her relationship to Silas in Nina's face unlike what Mrs Clay did back to her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JDeveraux_91
Member Avatar

Anon
Jun 3 2014, 01:53 AM
Liz can never do anything right in some of your minds, can she? I found it downright refreshing that Liz told Nik that she slept with Ric. That very clearly told me that Liz was strictly confiding in Nik as a friend, nothing more. If Nik was even on her radar as anything else, she would have kept that little detail to herself.
That's because Liz never grows or changes. She has one man in her bed and one on the hook just in case. That has been her MO for years and it doesn't look like it will change anytime soon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Damn!! Im gushing but this show is on fire this week. I loved Ava vs Carly. Carly calling her a whore and then Ava telling Sonny about his "feral ex-wife. Good stuff. Im fascinated by Nina too. I hope we get some Madeline scenes with her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Im still getting used to twitter but some of what Im reading is head scratching! Someone called Sam an "aldulterous ho" for cheating with a woman's husband. If the woman is "dead " I don't think it quite works that way.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Snowing Fan
Member Avatar

If you think the mans spouse is dead it's not cheating.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aquarius
Member Avatar

Another strong episode.

My verdict is in officially in on Michelle Stafford (Nina)... I think she can definitely walk (it just so happened the elevator had problems now she's living with him?) She's manipulating Michael Easton (Silas) and I think he knows it. I think he's dealing with guilt and I also wonder if he think she's unstable. The flowers and the photographs were all part of her manipulations and not to mention the shots she took at Sam.

I really didn't enjoy (Kelly Monaco)Sam today. She's all in her feelings because Silas ex "coincidentally" reentered his life at her son birthday party.

Maurice Bernard (Sonny) and Bryan Craig (Morgan) were amazing today.

Laura Wright (Carly) and Maura West (Ava) were also amazing. I really enjoyed this confrontation between those two. Carly hasn't lost her touch yet. She's still there, it just took Ava to bring the hell raiser out of her. She totally got the best of Ava. I wish she slapped the taste out her mouth. Ava thought she had her by threatening her life and Carly telling Sonny about what she said proved her how wrong she was. In one fell swoop, all of Ava's plans and secrets were unraveled. When Carly wants something, she doesn't stop until she gets it. Carly can get her enemies eliminated without ever pulling the trigger and that means she never gets caught, unlike Ava.

Today seeing Jason Thompson (Patrick) and Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth) have me so infatuated on having them as a couple, but it feels like it's never going to happen. She's always there when he's in need of comfort. Marc Samuel (Felix) being supportive of Teresa Castillo (Sabrina) was also nice to watch.
Offline Profile Goto Top

cubsgirl
Member Avatar

Heart
Jun 5 2014, 06:38 PM
Today seeing Jason Thompson (Patrick) and Rebecca Herbst (Elizabeth) have me so infatuated on having them as a couple, but it feels like it's never going to happen. She's always there when he's in need of comfort. Marc Samuel (Felix) being supportive of Teresa Castillo (Sabrina) was also nice to watch.
I think they should have done this when Robin was "dead". There would have been a ton of drama with Patrick moving on with a close friend when a Robin returned. I don't see it going this way when they know a Robin could come home anytime. Besides I like Liz and Ric more.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

I hope Ava is pregnant with twins, one belongs to Sonny and other belongs to Morgan, just see Carly head explode into a million pieces. Ava was right about Carly in regards to Sonny, period.
The baby death could have been better if both Patrick and Sabrina walked their dead child down to the morgue and some type of gospel music played in the background such as god bless the little child or amazing grace.
Offline Profile Goto Top

maconrich
Member Avatar

Thanks all! I guess in some ways it's good not to know an actor/actress ahead of time, but more often than not it's better to know. - and with this actress I think it's important to know her style. So again, thank you!

I did get the feeling that she was getting some of her cognitive, etc abilities back - but didn't get that feel in the apartment scene (where she seemed to know exactly what buttons to push).

In the park scene I agree that Sam did great and seemed to stop Silas from saying anything a couple of times. The Julian/Sam expression was when Nina asked Silas about his mistress (with wide eyed Alexis in the middle).

Based on what y'all are saying, and the feelings I got watching, it looks like Nina will lay the guilt on heavy for Silas - and since he's been feeling that way for over 20 years it might work for a while? Or not. When Nina starts talking to people on the phone or in person - especially Madeline - I'm sure it'll be game over for keeping Sam out of the picture. Although as pointed out it does seem like she already knows, and if she does it makes Sam's red carpet fall make a lot more sense...

The loss of Sabrina and Patrick's baby hit me hard and all involved did a great job.

Carly going after Ava =s perfection!
Edited by maconrich, Jun 6 2014, 03:44 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tammy
Member Avatar

I get the feeling that GH is going to pull a DAYS and have Ava prego with twins, one will be Sonny's and one will be Morgans lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Tammy
Jun 6 2014, 11:46 AM
I get the feeling that GH is going to pull a DAYS and have Ava prego with twins, one will be Sonny's and one will be Morgans lol.
That's not a DAYS, it's a GUIDING LIGHT, thank you very much!
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jun 6 2014, 12:23 PM
Tammy
Jun 6 2014, 11:46 AM
That's not a DAYS, it's a GUIDING LIGHT, thank you very much!

Tammy was right and i was thinking the same thing, :drunk: On DOOL, Sami twins has two different fathers, EJ is Johnny father and Lucas is Ally father.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

They're both right. GL did it first when Blake had twins by two different father's, Ross Marler and Rick Bauer. They later retconned that and it was discovered that Ross was the father of both twins.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Jun 6 2014, 03:06 PM
They're both right. GL did it first when Blake had twins by two different father's, Ross Marler and Rick Bauer. They later retconned that and it was discovered that Ross was the father of both twins.
Oh sure, because you wouldn't at all be bias towards your loving wife. I demand a recount!
Offline Profile Goto Top

zaritag

Something is up with Nina. She is overplaying the whole whoa is me thing. I believe she knows about Sam and Silas. I believe she is not as weak as she says. It will be interesting to see this play out. Just like another user said, she is Madeline II
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jun 6 2014, 03:08 PM
Grandpa Hughes
Jun 6 2014, 03:06 PM
Oh sure, because you wouldn't at all be bias towards your loving wife. I demand a recount!
She is my wife but you will always be like a son to me, Mikey. ;)
Edited by Grandpa Hughes, Jun 7 2014, 08:59 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic