Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Weekly Thread: Week of 6/2-6/8; 6/4 UPDATE: Riley Bodenstab back as Cole next week...
Topic Started: Jun 2 2014, 04:34 PM (2,254 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

RILEY BODENSTAB RETURNS AS COLE, THE TROUBLE-MAKING TEEN, NEXT WEEK...

Posted Image

Riley Bodenstab returns to "Days" next week as trouble-making teen Cole. This will be his first appearance since January 8.

JASON47'S FROM THE VAULT: THE "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" PROPOSAL...ALICE HORTON

Posted Image

Pictured above: The three faces of Alice Horton...Mary K. Wells, who turned down the role since she was based on the East Coast; Mary Jackson, who played Alice in the first pilot, and Frances Reid, who became the only Alice "Days" fans ever knew.

Here's how Alice Horton was described in Ted Corday's proposal for "Days of Our Lives"...

Tom's wife, ALICE, is still a strikingly handsome woman. It is easy to believe that she turned down the offers of more than one wealthy young man in order to marry Tom.

Alice had the normal American girl's dreams of comfort and affluence when she married Tom Horton. Even then, as a young ball player, he was making more money than the average family doctor. Alice understood that the time and the earnings Tom invested in his medical studies were both investments in the family's future.

The Horton family never missed a meal, or a mortgage payment. Neither did they ever move out of the rambling frame house the young ball player-medical student bought for his bride. The Horton family has never been able to afford the luxuries enjoyed by the wives and children of most of the other doctors Alice knew.

At first, Tom's lack of 'practical' values was the cause of great distress to Alice. She resented his failure to 'get ahead' - but, being Alice, she kept these resentments to herself. Later, as her children began to grow up, and some of them began to complain that other doctors' children had more good things than they had, Alice found herself defending Tom with all her heart and soul.

In her own mind, Tom had become a noble, visionary creature to whom science and academic honors would always mean more than money. She loved and respected him for it - but she was not about to let any of her children grow up to be as 'impractical' as their wonderful father. She was going to give her children 'firmer goals' in life, 'stronger values.'

'Values' mean different things for Tom and Alice. To Tom, values are things moral, spiritual, and intellectual; one exists to give of oneself to life and to all people, strangers and brothers, who share this life. To Alice, values are tangibles measured by the yardsticks of the marker place: life consists of taking all that life and other people can be forced to yield. However, she is not a taker for her own sake: for herself, she is quite content, but for her family she wants money, prestige, comfort, security. Alice would be truly astounded if she ever found out that, deep down, she and Tom want the same things.

Above all things, Alice wants her children to be 'practical.' Tom has never learned how to be 'practical,' and Alice rarely tries to 'keep his feet on the ground' as she used to when they were first married. Tom is forever bringing home impractical and wildly extravagant gifts for his wife and his children and his grandchildren. The fact is, as their daughter MARIE once observed - that, in proportion to his income, Tom has probably spent more money buying gifts for his wife than any doctor in Salem City. Alice kicks up a fuss with each such display of Tom's extravagance - but she is also frank to admit that she would miss them if Tom 'reformed.'

Now, in the third decade of their marriage, Alice is Tom's most ardent defender - against the world beyond the family circle. She feels he is entitled to far more honors, respect, and fame than he has yet received - and, in her own way, she does what she can to make the world look up to her husband,

On their 30th wedding anniversary, one of their children proposed a toast that summed up the story of their lives together. It ran: "Here's to the marriage that never was supposed to happen, never supposed to last, never supposed to bring a moment of happiness to either of its partners - and this child of that marriage will go to his grave swearing that never has there been a happier marriage in the whole cockeyed history of matrimony."

The Hortons have brought five children into the world...

(Coming soon, find out the first descriptions of the Horton kids!)

FIRST LOOK AT EVE ON A CAST CHART SINCE 1991!

Posted Image

For the full image, please click here: https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10258417_413777208764559_1555730386590412273_o.jpg

JASON47'S FROM THE VAULT: JULY 1987 CAST CHART

Here's the cast chart from July 1987, the month that Eve Donovan made her debut on the show...

Spoiler: click to toggle

For the full images, please click below:

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10354681_413823965426550_303705146320781661_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10402830_413824055426541_2776790679135191919_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10406384_413824128759867_7079327517457766613_n.jpg

Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 6/2/14-Wednesday 6/4/14

Posted Image

Sandra Purpuro made her 6th appearance this week as DA Beverly Jenkins. She appeared in the role for 2 episodes in 2008 and 3 episodes in 2010.

Posted Image

Oliver Keller (John's Stunt Double) was Galen Gering's main stunt double on "Passions" for the show's entire run. Keller lists playing Gering's stunt double for 59 episodes of "Passions", as well as several episodes of "Days."

Bryan Dattilo - Lucas Horton
Allison Paige - Bev Walters
Sandra Purpuro - Beverly Jenkins
Conrad Palmisano - Stunt Coordinator
Oliver Keller - John Stunt Double (new)

A TRIBUTE TO THE "DAYS OF OUR LIVES" CAST OF 1965:

39 actors appeared on "Days of Our Lives" in 1965, during its first two months on the air. Through the years, 29 of them have passed away. No information for Geraldine Lawrence, who appeared as Julie's friend Diane in the pilot episode, has ever been found, but she may still be living. To see pictures and read about the lives of all 39 actors from 1965, please visit http://www.jason47.com/days/1965casttribute.html

Of the nine surviving actors, Maree Cheatham (Marie Horton) continues to act and appeared this year on "Sam & Cat" and "Hart of Dixie." John Clarke (Mickey Horton) has been enjoying retirement since he left "Days" in 2004. Dick Colla (Tony Merritt) met his wife, actress Denise Alexander on the set of "Days" in 1966. He quit acting after leaving "Days" and has been a director ever since. Flip Mark (Steve Olson) stopped acting shortly after "Days" and has been a long-time 911 operator in Arizona. Bill Moneymaker (Larry) worked as a tour guide at Universal Studios and, for many years, helped run The Grange Hall in San Luis Obispo, California. Simone Pascal (Carol Proctor) continues to act and is also a painter and collage artist. Anne Whitfield (Barbara Harris) retired from acting after many years and now lives in Washington. Tammy Windsor (Court Stenographer) was a long-time casting agent in Sherman Oaks, California. Ron Quint (Process Server) continues to reside in California.

Cast members from 1965, pictured in more recent years (left to right): Maree Cheatham, John Clarke, Dick Colla, Flip Mark, Bill Moneymaker, Simone Pascal and Anne Whitfield.

Posted Image

Edited by Jason47, Jun 4 2014, 09:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sandell

Oh wow!!

Thank you Jason !

I was married in 1965., I was only 17 hubby was 18...married 49 years this july..

I told my husband about these actors from 1965 cast, and he said.

"hmm, kind of a "dusty crowd" LOLOl
Edited by Sandell, Jun 2 2014, 05:35 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Principal Guest Stars: Week of Monday 6/2/14-Wednesday 6/4/14

Posted Image

Sandra Purpuro made her 6th appearance this week as DA Beverly Jenkins. She appeared in the role for 2 episodes in 2008 and 3 episodes in 2010.

Posted Image

Oliver Keller (John's Stunt Double) was Galen Gering's main stunt double on "Passions" for the show's entire run. Keller lists playing Gering's stunt double for 59 episodes of "Passions", as well as several episodes of "Days."

Bryan Dattilo - Lucas Horton
Allison Paige - Bev Walters
Sandra Purpuro - Beverly Jenkins
Conrad Palmisano - Stunt Coordinator
Oliver Keller - John Stunt Double (new)

Jason47
Member Avatar

FIRST LOOK AT EVE ON A CAST CHART SINCE 1991!

Posted Image

For the full image, please click here: https://scontent-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/t31.0-8/10258417_413777208764559_1555730386590412273_o.jpg
Edited by Jason47, Jun 3 2014, 07:11 PM.

ShaneDOOLFan

Clyde? Person related to Jordan and Ben?

Hamilton
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Jun 3 2014, 07:20 PM
I thought his name was suppose to be Jeremiah? :shrug:

Jason47
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jun 3 2014, 07:28 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
Greg Jackson is playing Jeremiah. I never said he was Clyde. I specifically mentioned Jeremiah was a recurring actor (and I specifically did not mention the casting call in my press release about Jeremiah), since Clyde is going to be contract. Jeremiah's involved in that storyline, but he's not the one mentioned in the casting call. I don't think anyone picked up on that though. :)

I don't know if they are keeping the Clyde name though or going with another name. So, I thought this cast chart would be a more effective way of saying we are getting a new contract cast member later this month. Sometimes I just have to be more direct!! Have to come up with new ways of announcing stuff. :popcorn:
Edited by Jason47, Jun 3 2014, 07:41 PM.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Could the DA be related to Jenkins the cop?!
(or have the writers just lacked creativity in giving her a last name. lol.)

Jason47
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jun 3 2014, 07:36 PM
Could the DA be related to Jenkins the cop?!
(or have the writers just lacked creativity in giving her a last name. lol.)
She's been around since 2008, does she pre-date the Jenkins cop? It's hard to keep track of all the U/5 cops, since we have a big roster of them.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Jason, do you know who is playing Clyde? If so, can you at least tell us if he's been on a soap before?

(It can't hurt to ask! :) )
Edited by Bright Eyes, Jun 3 2014, 07:42 PM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

Bright Eyes
Jun 3 2014, 07:41 PM
Jason, do you know who is playing Clyde?
Yes, that's why I blacked out his name on the cast chart.

Bright Eyes
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jun 3 2014, 07:43 PM
Bright Eyes
Jun 3 2014, 07:41 PM
Jason, do you know who is playing Clyde?
Yes, that's why I blacked out his name on the cast chart.
Sly dog! :toetap:

Restless84
Member Avatar

Interesting, a new contract actor. So am I understanding correctly that he (Clyde) is going to be involved in Jordan's story?

ShaneDOOLFan

Does the show really need another contract member?

Restless84
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Jun 3 2014, 08:12 PM
Does the show really need another contract member?
Well 2 just left (CB and BB). 2 additional cast members will be leaving in several months (AS and JS).

I honestly don't think Days' cast is too big, especially compared to the likes of Y&R and GH.
Edited by Restless84, Jun 3 2014, 08:24 PM.

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Jason47
Hamilton
ShaneDOOLFan
Greg Jackson is playing Jeremiah. I never said he was Clyde. I specifically mentioned Jeremiah was a recurring actor (and I specifically did not mention the casting call in my press release about Jeremiah), since Clyde is going to be contract. Jeremiah's involved in that storyline, but he's not the one mentioned in the casting call. I don't think anyone picked up on that though. :)

I don't know if they are keeping the Clyde name though or going with another name. So, I thought this cast chart would be a more effective way of saying we are getting a new contract cast member later this month. Sometimes I just have to be more direct!! Have to come up with new ways of announcing stuff. :popcorn:
Okay. Let me see if I got this right.

Jeremiah is country boy from the Ozarks. This is a recurring role played by Greg Jackson and he begins Thursday, June 27th.

Clyde, according to the casting call is:
A short term contract role where they are Looking for a "Winter's Bone meets Duck Dynasty" type - a Kris Kristofferson...Nick Nolte Type. He's a serious man from the Ozarks who can charm almost anyone, particularly those who have no idea how lethal he can be. People who know him are scared of him. He is a man who may be without a conscience and who doesn't care about others and his affect on them. He takes what he wants. When cleaned up, he is very handsome. And he also shows up sometime this month? So two Ozark men? Hmmmm.....

Jason47
Member Avatar

JASON47'S FROM THE VAULT: JULY 1987 CAST CHART

Here's the cast chart from July 1987, the month that Eve Donovan made her debut on the show...

Spoiler: click to toggle

For the full images, please click below:

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10354681_413823965426550_303705146320781661_n.jpg

https://scontent-a-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t1.0-9/10402830_413824055426541_2776790679135191919_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/t1.0-9/10406384_413824128759867_7079327517457766613_n.jpg
Edited by Jason47, Jun 3 2014, 10:14 PM.

ShaneDOOLFan

I really wish they had gotten Ross back for Eve. It would have been great to see her in scenes with Melissa Reeves again.

thepadange

Hamilton
Jun 3 2014, 09:02 PM
Jason47
Hamilton
ShaneDOOLFan

Okay. Let me see if I got this right.

Jeremiah is country boy from the Ozarks. This is a recurring role played by Greg Jackson and he begins Thursday, June 27th.

Clyde, according to the casting call is:
A short term contract role where they are Looking for a "Winter's Bone meets Duck Dynasty" type - a Kris Kristofferson...Nick Nolte Type. He's a serious man from the Ozarks who can charm almost anyone, particularly those who have no idea how lethal he can be. People who know him are scared of him. He is a man who may be without a conscience and who doesn't care about others and his affect on them. He takes what he wants. When cleaned up, he is very handsome. And he also shows up sometime this month? So two Ozark men? Hmmmm.....
Casting call says "short term contract". Not so very usual for "Days" (except for some returns - NB or ED).

Is Eve coming back with her husband LOL?
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jun 3 2014, 10:13 PM
Eve made her debut exactly one week before I made my debut. Must have been a good month. ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply