Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Exclusive Interview with Kate Mansi and Blake Berris
Topic Started: Jun 2 2014, 05:32 PM (11,678 Views)
peaches179

lysie
Jun 7 2014, 06:54 PM
AS has totally whined about fan reactions. It was just within the last year that she whined about people bashing her character (not even her) and not seeing her the same way as she does. AS has also given many examples through the years in interviews (both tv and print) of people bashing her in fanmail and to her face, and she's responded to people on twitter several times. She has also written entire blogs about it. I don't know of any soap actor who hasn't at some point complained about fan reactions. Molly Burnett and Casey Deidrick are the two who I think are the worst at responding, though.

And yes. In many cases (though not all) the people who are shocked and appalled by the treatment of poor Kate are the people who treat other actors this same way. Likewise, the people treating Kate this way now are also largely the same people shocked and appalled at the treatment of Ali. It's all pots and kettles.

I don't agree that in this particular instance anyone was whining. That doesn't change any whining that has already happened on social media, though.

Meanwhile, there was another aspect of this interview that I'm surprised no one has bothered to point out yet...

Wow. If I hadn't read this post I would have thought AS was perfect.

Thanks Lysie! LOL.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

peaches179
Jun 9 2014, 09:20 AM
lysie
Jun 7 2014, 06:54 PM
AS has totally whined about fan reactions. It was just within the last year that she whined about people bashing her character (not even her) and not seeing her the same way as she does. AS has also given many examples through the years in interviews (both tv and print) of people bashing her in fanmail and to her face, and she's responded to people on twitter several times. She has also written entire blogs about it. I don't know of any soap actor who hasn't at some point complained about fan reactions. Molly Burnett and Casey Deidrick are the two who I think are the worst at responding, though.

And yes. In many cases (though not all) the people who are shocked and appalled by the treatment of poor Kate are the people who treat other actors this same way. Likewise, the people treating Kate this way now are also largely the same people shocked and appalled at the treatment of Ali. It's all pots and kettles.

I don't agree that in this particular instance anyone was whining. That doesn't change any whining that has already happened on social media, though.

Meanwhile, there was another aspect of this interview that I'm surprised no one has bothered to point out yet...

Wow. If I hadn't read this post I would have thought AS was perfect.

Thanks Lysie! LOL.
LOL, I just finished AS' first book, where she has an entire chapter where she discusses soap crazies.

franciose

Who actually does the writing? Surely not AS herself. She cannot spell "canine".

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

franciose
Jun 10 2014, 07:32 AM
Who actually does the writing? Surely not AS herself. She cannot spell "canine".
I'm not sure about this one, but I just read an interview with her about her latest book where she makes a point to say that she doesn't use a ghost writer so I think maybe she really did.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply