Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Exclusive Interview with Kate Mansi and Blake Berris
Topic Started: Jun 2 2014, 05:32 PM (11,685 Views)
Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

LOLOL, "You whore." I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when she had to explain soap opera fans to her family. I can't believe that people can't differentiate between character and actor. The education system has failed somewhere, obviously.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Esq

Spencer Hastings
Jun 2 2014, 06:30 PM
LOLOL, "You whore." I wish I could have been a fly on the wall when she had to explain soap opera fans to her family. I can't believe that people can't differentiate between character and actor. The education system has failed somewhere, obviously.
:blulaugh: Some soap fans are a special brand of crazy I remember Josh Morrow told a story about a fan walking up to him in an airport and attacking him because he is a cheater. She was going off on him and he had to remind her its not real and he isn't really Nick Newman

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

It's really disturbing and it's embarrassing to be a soap fan when such imbecility abounds.

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

And that was a good interview!

blueskies
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Jun 2 2014, 06:17 PM
blueskies
Jun 2 2014, 06:09 PM
throughthehourglass
Jun 2 2014, 05:56 PM
It will never stop scaring the shit out of me when fans can't differentiate between the characters and the actors.
See I can generally laugh off the things at this level. When it gets to what Guy deals with though it really makes me nervous and uncomfortable.
Yeah, I feel bad for Guy. But it also makes me uncomfortable when someone calls KM a whore, because unless they think she is a whore, they're obviously referring to Abby. And KM and Abby are not the same person.

Cuckoo.

:peek:
oh yeah it definitely is. I didn't mean to imply it wasn't.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Nice interview, I really like Blake a lot and it's cool that they are doing a play together.

So they dropped the pregnancy story line is sounds like....must have been because JS was leaving?

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I hate how the actors have no clue what to tease nowadays because they're so far ahead in taping. Interviews aren't like what they used to be as a result.

Mansi didn't mention anything about Jack. I wonder if it's even touched upon that Gabi inadvertantly killed Jack. I hope something is said, even if it's nothing too too major since Banus is ushered off pretty quickly after the reveal.

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jun 2 2014, 07:20 PM
Nice interview, I really like Blake a lot and it's cool that they are doing a play together.

So they dropped the pregnancy story line is sounds like....must have been because JS was leaving?
Ya think? I always figured by how many beats they played in just the scare that would be the extent of it.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

mer4santo

It sounds like they may have had bigger plans for it but those scenes would have been around the time that AS announced her departure and when James decided to leave as well. She says they never followed up so it sounds like there was meant to be more but they just let it go.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I do believe that Abby was meant to be pregnant, but they changed the story due to the exits. I think a lot of the story was shifted, but can't prove anything. I'm actually glad that they aren't saddling Abby with this baby if EJ isn't going to be around too. Half of the drama would be a DiMera/Horton/Deveraux baby.

I don't know how you can tell Kate Mansi to stop talking about the crazy fans when she was literally asked a question that set up this answer.

I'm interested to see how Abby reacts to learning that Gabi helped cause Jack's death. I'm glad they're playing this beat because they easily could have just forgotten it with all that's already going on with Gabi's exit.

Not Amused
Member Avatar

mer4santo

Maybe. I'm not sure. From what I heard from a fan at Toronto it sounded like they wrote Ejabby after knowing JS's plans of leaving, since he had let the show know of his plans a little over a year ago. Anyways regardless of the reason I think it was a smart move to scrap it considering Ej was going to be gone anyways.
Edited by Not Amused, Jun 2 2014, 08:21 PM.

uclan
Member Avatar

Great interview!

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

mer4santo

But didn't they know he was leaving a year ago?

gailwinters
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 2 2014, 08:37 PM
mer4santo

You would think that there would be a clear cut answer as to when James told Days he was leaving. He told one of my friends in Toronto that he told them in October.

I wonder if he told them a year ago that he was thinking about not staying, and made his decision official in October.

spartan
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jun 2 2014, 08:57 PM
LuvingLumi
mer4santo

You would think that there would be a clear cut answer as to when James told Days he was leaving. He told one of my friends in Toronto that he told them in October.

I wonder if he told them a year ago that he was thinking about not staying, and made his decision official in October.

This is my guess based on piecing together things and a convo with JS last year. I believe JS was strongly considering leaving two years ago. They were able to entice him to sign on for another year. So even though it seems he made it known that he would be out the door after this last year, perhaps tptb thought maybe he would change his mind again/entice him to stay a little longer.....again. JS then told them in October officially that he would not be changing his mind and would go forward with leaving in May.

I think the game changer for the stories was when AS came out of (seemingly) nowhere with her announcement. That's when I think things could have affected story. Not because of JS's departure.

Good interview! I continue to be so impressed with BB. What a talent and what a smart individual. So glad I was able to meet him in April.
Edited by spartan, Jun 2 2014, 09:15 PM.

Restless84
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jun 2 2014, 08:57 PM
LuvingLumi
mer4santo

I read that he told a producer about a year ago from someone in Toronto, but I think that's different from giving his official word to the show. I thought he mentioned somewhere he told the show he was leaving in October or November. I'm thinking what he said a year ago was probably his unofficial word and he made it official in the fall.
Edited by Restless84, Jun 2 2014, 09:16 PM.

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 2 2014, 05:32 PM
Gabi's role in the Daysaster is also coming out now. Tell us about Abigail's reaction to that.
Kate: She's always had a sort of a strange relationship with Gabi. Abby has the very strange friend instinct where she's always sort of on to her, even with the Chad stuff. But she suppresses it because she wants to believe the best and she wants to believe that her friend is not who she really is. When she finally comes out with it, itís shocking and devastating and kind of confusing because itís not like once she finds out she has all this time to reframe her image of her best friend and who she is and then continue a relationship. She finds out and is sort of left by herself to process it in her own mind.

What? Is she talking about that one scene when Hope showed Gabi a picture of Andrew? Abby never followed up on her suspicions, though. :shrug:

I love BB and loved what he had to say. :)

am103
Member Avatar

Great interview!

I'm hoping somebody can explain this to me. I watched all of 2012, but sometimes I can forget the little details. How exactly is Gabi partially responsible for Jack's death? Wasn't the explosion just some freak thing that happened because of the tunnels? I know that's where Gabi and Andrew were keeping Melanie, but Gabi didn't actually CAUSE the explosion, right? So why would Abigail have such a strong reaction to hearing this news other than the fact that she's Melanie's friend?

S loves EJ

Vicky4Mimi
Jun 2 2014, 06:16 PM
That's a great interview.

I took the "I'm not" as in Kate herself wasn't pg and she can have a drink if she wants... She didn't say "SHE'S not" and she was referring to Abby as "she" in other parts of the paragraph.

I think she is handling the ones JS calls "------- Idiots" in a very classy way. She seems like a sweet girl with a good head on her shoulders.

I can't wait to see what shocking thing happens with EJ and Abby and I gotta say, I hope it includes a baby!

Since she said they never really followed through with that she probably meant that neither her or Abby is pregnant, unless she meant they never followed through with an answer as to whether or not Abby is pregnant, but it seems unlikely that they would make Abby pregnant with JS leaving.

concerned
Member Avatar

S loves EJ
Jun 3 2014, 02:16 AM
Vicky4Mimi
Jun 2 2014, 06:16 PM
That's a great interview.

I took the "I'm not" as in Kate herself wasn't pg and she can have a drink if she wants... She didn't say "SHE'S not" and she was referring to Abby as "she" in other parts of the paragraph.

I think she is handling the ones JS calls "------- Idiots" in a very classy way. She seems like a sweet girl with a good head on her shoulders.

I can't wait to see what shocking thing happens with EJ and Abby and I gotta say, I hope it includes a baby!

Since she said they never really followed through with that she probably meant that neither her or Abby is pregnant, unless she meant they never followed through with an answer as to whether or not Abby is pregnant, but it seems unlikely that they would make Abby pregnant with JS leaving.
Why not I think Abby pregnant with EJ gone would have been a better story than Abby pregnant with EJ there.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply