Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DR Exclusive Interview with Kate Mansi and Blake Berris
Topic Started: Jun 2 2014, 05:32 PM (11,839 Views)
Restless84
Member Avatar

Deverauxfan
Jun 3 2014, 05:25 PM
Lady Evol
Jun 3 2014, 01:53 PM
Deverauxfan
Jun 2 2014, 10:13 PM
lysie
Jun 2 2014, 05:32 PM
Gabi's role in the Daysaster is also coming out now. Tell us about Abigail's reaction to that.
Kate: She's always had a sort of a strange relationship with Gabi. Abby has the very strange friend instinct where she's always sort of on to her, even with the Chad stuff. But she suppresses it because she wants to believe the best and she wants to believe that her friend is not who she really is. When she finally comes out with it, it’s shocking and devastating and kind of confusing because it’s not like once she finds out she has all this time to reframe her image of her best friend and who she is and then continue a relationship. She finds out and is sort of left by herself to process it in her own mind.

What? Is she talking about that one scene when Hope showed Gabi a picture of Andrew? Abby never followed up on her suspicions, though. :shrug:

I love BB and loved what he had to say. :)
No, when Gabi was faking the stalking, even before she hired Andrew, Abby was all over her shit. She didn't buy it and she kept trying to trip Gabi up and warn Melanie and Chad indirectly. But once Melanie left, they were bffs. It was weird.

Oh, okay. After the whole Andrew thing, Abigail just stopped being suspicious of her. :shrug: But then again her dad died saving her*; so Gabi was the least of her problems.

* They really could have given KM great material about dealing with survivor's guilt and her grief over losing her father. Unfortunately, the writers didn't care and wrote Abby supporting her mom's obsession over Daniel a week later. :(
I agree, I wish they wrote Abigail having to deal with survivor's guilt. The writers really dropped the ball there. It doesn't make sense to me that we didn't see her dealing with the emotional consequences from that tragic and traumatic experience.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

MissLola
Jun 3 2014, 12:29 PM
Good grief! :facepalm: :shutup:

Tell me about it.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Freddie❤

DiMeraFan67
Jun 3 2014, 11:36 AM
January
Jun 3 2014, 11:35 AM
DiMeraFan67
Jun 3 2014, 11:23 AM
January
Jun 3 2014, 11:21 AM
BB never mentioned or gave an example that he had to explain/comfort a loved one, like his mother, why someone wants him fired.
Kate Mansi is the devil because Abby fucked EJ. We get it. Seems like people are just proving her point to me.
It has nothing to do with that though yes, I don't like the fact EJami was saddled with her but if you can't recognize the level of restraint from other actors when addressing criticism/attacks because of their characters, compared to her lack of restraint, I can't enlighten you.

I'm sorry that you can't enlighten me. I wish that you could.
I found it very enlightening when JS himself said KM's Twitter crazies were "fucking idiots." ;)

S loves EJ

concerned
Jun 3 2014, 03:40 PM
S loves EJ
Jun 3 2014, 04:21 AM
Not to me since what would interest me in Abby being pregnant would be to see EJ hold his child and cute scenes between Ejabby and their baby like the ones in the church.

Anyway I think itīs unsually the writers have a woman have a baby with someone they donīt have a future with. I can see Abby having EJīs baby with him gone would give her a story for a while but in the long run it would be more story with him there or if he came back. If Chad were to get together with Abby again for instant and if he was having problems with accepting her having EJīs baby the thing that would really create a problem for him would be for EJ to return, but I doubt the writers know at this point whether or not JS will be back he probably doesnīt know himself, so I donīt see them writing a story where a important character in the story might not be there. If Abby were to get pregnant it would most likely be by Ben or Chad.
Carly and Melanie,
Anna and Carrie.
Lucas and Allie
Chloe and Parker

I donīt know the circumstances when Carly had Melanie (Iīm guessing she didnīt get pregnant on the show but something they wrote 20 years later. I donīt think teenage children bring their parents together in the same way as babies, so maybe the writers are more for writing someone having a teenage child with someone they donīt have a future with they did it with BO/Chelsea) or Anna had Carrie since it was before my time. As for Lucas and Allie I donīt think the writers know at the time whether or not they were gonna write for Lumi in the future, so I donīt think they count, and with Chloe/Parker it depends on when they had Chloe pregnant if they know the actors playing Phillip was leaving otherwise they might have considered writing a future for them.

Anyway it has happend that someone has had a baby with someone they donīt have a future with just not that many times, but itīs even more unsually having someone have a baby with someone that isnīt even on the show anymore. Having someone have a baby with someone who is involved with someone else or who they are not involved with could create angst and drama among the characters (even if the writers miss the boat with Zackīs and Chelseaīs paternity), but you canīt create the same drama with the father gone.

daysmemories
Member Avatar

I liked KMs answer and I'm glad she didn't give a rat's ass about exposing the fucking idiots for who they are and what they did. If you dish out something on the internet you better have the balls to be called out. Yeah I said it. Bb was great too BTW.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

I missed the fun again. Good job, DR! And for what it's worth.....family, fanbase, whatever.......
Mountain, meet molehill.......

Posted Image

January

DJsMommy
Jun 4 2014, 01:29 AM
DiMeraFan67
January
DiMeraFan67
Jun 3 2014, 11:23 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
It has nothing to do with that though yes, I don't like the fact EJami was saddled with her but if you can't recognize the level of restraint from other actors when addressing criticism/attacks because of their characters, compared to her lack of restraint, I can't enlighten you.

I found it very enlightening when JS himself said KM's Twitter crazies were "fucking idiots." ;)
I don't tweet to KM so if you're trying to call me a fucking idiot you missed.

franciose

How charming. And here I thought 8 pages on BB and KM would be all about Blake and Kate's project. Instead, it's a freak-out over Kate's example of crazy "fans" in which she dared to use her "illiterate" mother's puzzlement at some loon calling her a whore, thereby "personalizing" her answer to specifically "throw shade" at one fan base.

Really.

I guess the crux of this differentiation between Blake's and Kate's answers, both structurally the same, is that Blake's answer does not somehow suggest any one group of people who could want him fired, while Kate's somehow does "suggest" who might call her a whore. Why not? I would imagine almost all Sonny/Will fans despised Nick. I don't see any passionate responses blaming BB for personalizing his answer to stick it to them.

January

franciose
Jun 4 2014, 08:43 AM
How charming. And here I thought 8 pages on BB and KM would be all about Blake and Kate's project. Instead, it's a freak-out over Kate's example of crazy "fans" in which she dared to use her "illiterate" mother's puzzlement at some loon calling her a whore, thereby "personalizing" her answer to specifically "throw shade" at one fan base.

Really.

I guess the crux of this differentiation between Blake's and Kate's answers, both structurally the same, is that Blake's answer does not somehow suggest any one group of people who could want him fired, while Kate's somehow does "suggest" who might call her a whore. Why not? I would imagine almost all Sonny/Will fans despised Nick. I don't see any passionate responses blaming BB for personalizing his answer to stick it to them.

No one is freaking out. At least I'm not. And no one said anything about "crazy fans" again the question was regarding negative fanbase feedback. If the question was about "crazy fans" KM's answer would fit fine. But it was the over all negative backlash and not just EJamis have a problem with the s/l there have been others that have voiced disgust towards the pairing too.
Edited by January, Jun 4 2014, 08:54 AM.

peaches179

ladyofthelake
Jun 4 2014, 06:11 AM
I missed the fun again. Good job, DR! And for what it's worth.....family, fanbase, whatever.......
Mountain, meet molehill.......

Posted Image

;)

Restless84
Member Avatar

January
Jun 4 2014, 08:53 AM
franciose

Really.

No one is freaking out. At least I'm not. And no one said anything about "crazy fans" again the question was regarding negative fanbase feedback. If the question was about "crazy fans" KM's answer would fit fine. But it was the over all negative backlash and not just EJamis have a problem with the s/l there have been others that have voiced disgust towards the pairing too.
Really? You seem to be the one who has been freaking out in this thread.

In regards to the story involving EJ and Abby, the overall reaction was positive IMO and still is.
Edited by Restless84, Jun 4 2014, 10:44 AM.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Restless84
Jun 4 2014, 10:34 AM
January
franciose

Really.

In regards to the story involving EJ and Abby, the overall reaction was positive IMO and still is.
I think it would be an exaggeration to say that the overall reaction to Ejabby was/is positive...I would say at best it is split 50/50. On this site it is more positive than with the GA. Between the Facebook comments and the FCC complaints there was quite a bit of negative reaction as well.

And of course, TPTB have sucked all the life out of this storyline by extending it way past its shelf life. Just like the Jordan secret, extended Brady self-destruction, etc.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

daysjahvu
Jun 4 2014, 11:29 AM
Restless84
January
franciose

Really.

I think it would be an exaggeration to say that the overall reaction to Ejabby was/is positive...I would say at best it is split 50/50. On this site it is more positive than with the GA. Between the Facebook comments and the FCC complaints there was quite a bit of negative reaction as well.

And of course, TPTB have sucked all the life out of this storyline by extending it way past its shelf life. Just like the Jordan secret, extended Brady self-destruction, etc.
It was getting people talking.....people were hating it or loving it...no one was indifferent to it....and that is the ONLY thing that matters to the show....when people hated Lucas, or hated Rafe, or hated Ejami, Lumi or Safe....that was also getting people talking and look how much mileage this show got in terms of storylines as a result of that.....I do suspect that if EJ returns to the canvas that they will revisit Ejabby....and the ones on FB that don't like will be just like us not liking Dannifer...if the show does go that route, they'll have to deal just like we deal with the absolute horror that is Dannifer.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 4 2014, 11:33 AM
daysjahvu
Jun 4 2014, 11:29 AM
Restless84
January

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep

It was getting people talking.....people were hating it or loving it...no one was indifferent to it....and that is the ONLY thing that matters to the show....when people hated Lucas, or hated Rafe, or hated Ejami, Lumi or Safe....that was also getting people talking and look how much mileage this show got in terms of storylines as a result of that.....I do suspect that if EJ returns to the canvas that they will revisit Ejabby....and the ones on FB that don't like will be just like us not liking Dannifer...if the show does go that route, they'll have to deal just like we deal with the absolute horror that is Dannifer.
You are so right about the talking part, but if TPTB continue to feed us a steady diet of Dannifer and plot-driven stunts over character-driven stories while destroying long-standing characters, who is going to be left to watch, cheer or complain? I love hearing others opinions on the show, but most days the PBP on here is better than the show itself. That is a sad statement.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

The thing I think that's hilarious in this thread is how BB is held up to be this bastion of professionalism when he (and rightly so, I might add) takes the "fucking idiots" to task more often than KM does. He is not at all shy about calling people out on twitter. Like this tweet, for example.

Actors are paid to bring to life roles that are conceived/created by writers. Throwing hostility at an actor for doing what they are paid to do is stupid, unbalanced, and frankly, all it does is make the fan-base where these wackaloons reside look bad. I applaud when the actors point out they are not punching bags because someone needs to remind the attackers that what they are doing is not OK, civilized, or even sane. And I can't even imagine how horrified the coworkers of the person being attacked must be. Most soap cast members are generally friends or, at the very least, have good working relationships (unless you're at Y&R, apparently).

Personally, I think both BB and KM have shown great restraint both in their ongoing responses on social media and in this interview. If someone came to a social media site on a picture I had posted as a birthday message for MY brother and called me a whore where my mama could read it? Me mentioning it in an interview would be the least of that fucking idiot's worries.

DJsMommy
Member Avatar
❤Freddie❤

January
Jun 4 2014, 08:12 AM
DJsMommy
Jun 4 2014, 01:29 AM
DiMeraFan67
January

Quoting limited to 4 levels deeplack of restraint, I can't enlighten you.

I don't tweet to KM so if you're trying to call me a fucking idiot you missed.
Not sure why you are so touchy, but I wasn't trying to call you anything. I didn't call anyone anything. JS did. :tounge:

Lady Evol
Member Avatar

Restless84
Jun 3 2014, 05:55 PM
Deverauxfan
Jun 3 2014, 05:25 PM
Lady Evol
Jun 3 2014, 01:53 PM
Deverauxfan
Jun 2 2014, 10:13 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepGabi's role in the Daysaster is also coming out now. Tell us about Abigail's reaction to that.
Kate: She's always had a sort of a strange relationship with Gabi. Abby has the very strange friend instinct where she's always sort of on to her, even with the Chad stuff.
No, when Gabi was faking the stalking, even before she hired Andrew, Abby was all over her shit. She didn't buy it and she kept trying to trip Gabi up and warn Melanie and Chad indirectly. But once Melanie left, they were bffs. It was weird.

Oh, okay. After the whole Andrew thing, Abigail just stopped being suspicious of her. :shrug: But then again her dad died saving her*; so Gabi was the least of her problems.

* They really could have given KM great material about dealing with survivor's guilt and her grief over losing her father. Unfortunately, the writers didn't care and wrote Abby supporting her mom's obsession over Daniel a week later. :(
I agree, I wish they wrote Abigail having to deal with survivor's guilt. The writers really dropped the ball there. It doesn't make sense to me that we didn't see her dealing with the emotional consequences from that tragic and traumatic experience.
I think they did something there. It was mixed in with her first chad virginity/break up story. I think he told her it wasn't her fault and she felt better. :p

Yeah they could have done a lot, but deal ion with emotional issues doesn't seem to be their forte. Look at all the great recovery storylines they've missed in the last few years! Jack, Abigail, JJ, Nick, Eric, Brady, Ciara- even Gabi. I'm guessing Allie will be better soon (and completely off screen).

They prefer to have people do terrible things and have no long lasting effects. You'd never guess one of the pillars of the show plays a psychiatrist.

Kaha
Member Avatar

somuchwhatever
Jun 5 2014, 12:47 AM
The thing I think that's hilarious in this thread is how BB is held up to be this bastion of professionalism when he (and rightly so, I might add) takes the "fucking idiots" to task more often than KM does. He is not at all shy about calling people out on twitter. Like this tweet, for example.

Actors are paid to bring to life roles that are conceived/created by writers. Throwing hostility at an actor for doing what they are paid to do is stupid, unbalanced, and frankly, all it does is make the fan-base where these wackaloons reside look bad. I applaud when the actors point out they are not punching bags because someone needs to remind the attackers that what they are doing is not OK, civilized, or even sane. And I can't even imagine how horrified the coworkers of the person being attacked must be. Most soap cast members are generally friends or, at the very least, have good working relationships (unless you're at Y&R, apparently).

Personally, I think both BB and KM have shown great restraint both in their ongoing responses on social media and in this interview. If someone came to a social media site on a picture I had posted as a birthday message for MY brother and called me a whore where my mama could read it? Me mentioning it in an interview would be the least of that fucking idiot's worries.

Personally, I think they're both whinny. They make way too much out of the reactions of few crazies. I think it's better to shrug it off instead of wallowing in self-pity and giving it more weight than it deserves.

Soap fans are not the only ones who write deranged tweets. My 23-year old cousin writes for a political site and she gets the nastiest hate tweets ever. There are a lot of hateful people out there. You just need to learn to shrug it off.
Edited by Kaha, Jun 5 2014, 09:16 AM.

AidanGreensFan

I can't believe people are still 'debating' 'discussing' the 'crazy' fan issue. When you are in the public eye, and you choose to have a public twitter, FB, etc site you WILL be attacked verbally. Fact. Doesn't matter who you are or what you do - what your level of fame is - it's going to happen. Some fans are definitely more crazy than others - in EVERY fan base. I hate to keep bringing up the weed killer and Lauren Koslow - but that was pretty nuts and that was live and in person - not even online! People need to let this go - pro KM fans, those that don't like her, KM herself - it's such a fucking waste of time.

Are people off their nut that they would comment that KM was a whore on her Insta - absolutely! But so is the person that put weed killer on Lauren Koslow's chair. And whoever made the slashing throat motion to JS, etc etc etc The crazies exist and they aren't going anywhere - they have been around for a LONG time. Debating it isn't going to change that.

franciose

AidanGreensFan
Jun 5 2014, 02:42 PM
I can't believe people are still 'debating' 'discussing' the 'crazy' fan issue. When you are in the public eye, and you choose to have a public twitter, FB, etc site you WILL be attacked verbally. Fact. Doesn't matter who you are or what you do - what your level of fame is - it's going to happen. Some fans are definitely more crazy than others - in EVERY fan base. I hate to keep bringing up the weed killer and Lauren Koslow - but that was pretty nuts and that was live and in person - not even online! People need to let this go - pro KM fans, those that don't like her, KM herself - it's such a fucking waste of time.

Are people off their nut that they would comment that KM was a whore on her Insta - absolutely! But so is the person that put weed killer on Lauren Koslow's chair. And whoever made the slashing throat motion to JS, etc etc etc The crazies exist and they aren't going anywhere - they have been around for a LONG time. Debating it isn't going to change that.

It's true that being in the public eye has its occupational hazards. You want this? Then you have to take what ever you get--praise, better jobs, critical acclaim, jealous rivals, fan adulation, fan hatred, stalking fans, supportive fans. Fan is just a shortened form of "fanatic", so, yeah, what do you expect? And the media whereby people send their dis/pleasure proliferate and change so fast.

That's why, for me, discussing the issue as a whole is interesting. How things have changed from a certain respect for a celebrity's privacy (like JFK) to harassment unto death (Diana), how nearly entire populaces have access to such media and use them for information and opining/debating/bullying/stalking/sharing, and the near-instantaneous aspect of communicating.

In this case, it's interesting to read the feedback--and then see the impersonal become quite personal It's so projective of the people who differ and argue/debate about it. It's especially interesting when the issue being discussed concerns a soap opera. This is a genre of feelings. Almost exclusively. So when charged exchanges happen, they are mainly about the feelings of people who are discussing a show about feelings.

Plus, I'm stuck with it for a long time and to the bitter end, so reading things like this are really what gives me the most pleasure from watching Dool. Lots of posters here actually discuss points of law, common sense, technical issues, interesting speculations, and so on.

I'd probably have ditched this show 6-7 years ago without the ability to see what fellow Dool fans think and laugh at the funny posts by clearly smart people who agree with my viewpoints.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply