Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, June 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 2 2014, 11:53 PM (12,884 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 2 2014, 11:53 PM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Holy blondes!

I wish this show would bring back Belle (and Shawn). But I need Martha Madison to be playing her. Kirsten was good as young Belle, but Martha was PERFECT as grown-up Belle. I would have LOVED to see her interact in the whole Eric/Kristen/Brady thing last year!
Edited by am103, Jun 3 2014, 12:05 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
Posted Image

Discuss!
Oh! Marlena and her girls!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Wow, KS really looked good back then.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I agree that KS was the young version of Belle, but I wouldn't want her back anymore as the grown up version of her, MM did a good job of that one and if Belle has to return (not saying I would necessarily want her back at all) MM would be te righter choice.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

lysie
Posted Image

Discuss!
Yea, Kirsten Storms did not work for me from day one.
Offline Profile Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

i liked KS. But I don't care anymore if she's Belle, I just want Belle back and Shawn too. And I don't care if they're together.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I think this was from the luncheon scenes where Marlena gathered all of her children. Rex and Mimi used the opportunity to take DNA samples from Sami and Belle, which revealed Rex and Cassie weren't Marlena and Tony's children. Such a stupid rewrite/twist.
Edited by DrewHamilton, Jun 3 2014, 09:45 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lucky
Member Avatar
Rafe proves EJ is a little bitch

Kirsten Storms was the best Belle. It was never the same after she left. I loved her so much back then and even more now as Maxie.
Offline Profile Goto Top

astropastel
Member Avatar

I can't for the life of me remember who Hopes mother was and google is freezing on me would someone help me out.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

astropastel
Jun 3 2014, 10:01 AM
I can't for the life of me remember who Hopes mother was and google is freezing on me would someone help me out.
Hope's mother was Addie. She was Tom and Alice's daughter.
Offline Profile Goto Top

astropastel
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jun 3 2014, 10:03 AM
astropastel
I knew the family tree just couldn't remember Addie's name. Thank you very much.
Offline Profile Goto Top

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
astropastel
Addie died when Hope was just a couple of weeks old, so no great pictures like this one of Marlena & her girls to conjure up. Of course, she was also Julie's mother with her first husband, Ben Olson.

Once you got me thinking about Addie, I looked up Patricia Barry who played her only to learn that the actress was 53 when she played Addie pregnant with Hope. I never would have thought that...I was only 11 at the time & I just remember her beautiful red hair. So ED coming back with a baby would be right in keeping with old school DOOL. Not that I think she will, but it isn't as far-fetched by Days standards as it seems.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jun 3 2014, 09:44 AM
I think this was from the luncheon scenes where Marlena gathered all of her children. Rex and Mimi used the opportunity to take DNA samples from Sami and Belle, which revealed Rex and Cassie weren't Marlena and Tony's children. Such a stupid rewrite/twist.
That whole story was stupid. It had so much potential because they were finally looking into Marlena's missing years. They should have revealed that Marlena was pregnant when her plane went down and had a child during that time Stefano had her in a coma. They totally f*cked up by making her missing years about Tony (or whoever that was) and those idiotic Gemini Twins.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

I loved the Julie /Doug /Addie triangle and how he really loved both women. One of my favorite soap scenes ever was after Addie died and Doug finally kissed Julie after years! They were so red hot sexy back then!
Offline Profile Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Hope calling Marlena I didn't see that coming at all, I know Marlena is a therapist but who knows but Hope seems all over the place as far as compassion or not having it for Gabi.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
Jun 3 2014, 10:17 AM
DrewHamilton
astropastel
Addie died when Hope was just a couple of weeks old, so no great pictures like this one of Marlena & her girls to conjure up. Of course, she was also Julie's mother with her first husband, Ben Olson.

Once you got me thinking about Addie, I looked up Patricia Barry who played her only to learn that the actress was 53 when she played Addie pregnant with Hope. I never would have thought that...I was only 11 at the time & I just remember her beautiful red hair. So ED coming back with a baby would be right in keeping with old school DOOL. Not that I think she will, but it isn't as far-fetched by Days standards as it seems.
I was 14. I remember Addie thought she was experiencing menopause when she first started showing pregnancy symptoms. I doubt any of the older women airing today would dream of mentioning the word menopause.
Edited by jam6242, Jun 3 2014, 11:18 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

KweenBoda
Member Avatar

I feel so bad for Hope and I have seen a lot of anger for her comments to Gabi but I am sorry she had every right to be angry..Gabi killed Nick more out of fear of going to prison for her previous crimes then it was her own fear for her safety. And yeah CB did some great acting..I just don't have a lot of sympathy for a woman willing to kill to protect her freedom from Prison.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Okay...late to the party thanks to a work call. But...

Marlena has shown up to help a weeping Gabi.

Nicole gives Eric the photo from Eric of Africa back to him. He's really angry and she says she would have kept the secret to her grave because of how much she loves him. It's twisted Nicole logic, and he says yes, he can see that but it's not in a warm way. It's like he's seeing her for the first time.

I was never super invested in Ericole, but I am surprised that this seems to be even in soap world a kind of final thing for them.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

I don't have a lot of sympathy for Gabi either she allowed NICK to learn her secret, if fact I believe that Gabi told Nick the Mel secret ... then she allows Nick multiple time to try to Arianna from Will & Sonny.

But I also get the sense that Hope really doesn't know how to feel the cop in her seems to have one reaction, the mother in Hope another and the family member of Nick yet another
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic