Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, June 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 2 2014, 11:53 PM (13,274 Views)
The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jun 3 2014, 12:44 PM
am103
Jun 3 2014, 12:40 PM
Dear God. A John sighting 40 minutes into the episode. Days really has no plan for Drake Hogestyn.
You know, I remember John Black having a bit of a wise streak in him. He was never a rocket scientist or anything, but he had empathy. I hate to see him blaming Brady's girlfriend (who has her own problems) who also happens to be one of his best friends' daughter for what is clearly Brady's doing.Yes, we're being shown Theresa offering Brady sex and drugs and encouraging him to take the sex and drugs, but I have yet to see her blackmail Brady (a la JJ) or hold him at gunpoint before any sex or drug taking.

Don't get me wrong. Theresa is consistently portrayed as a shitty person. It's just that Brady's problems are not her fault. He was an addict long before he met her.
Seriously. John's love for Marlena and his kids was his strength and his downfall. He believed in people because when he was lost people believed in him. All it took was one person - Marlena, and so yeah, sometimes he was a little blind, because he chose to believe.

Theresa is helping a person who doesn't actually need any help to fuck up his own life willingly. And neither John nor Marlena would react like this. They would lock him up and try to fix him, and if he refused to take that, then tough.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Jun 3 2014, 01:57 PM
Rosebud
Jun 3 2014, 01:44 PM
Best part of the show for me today was Marlena and Sami. Poor Marlena, once again confronted with the fact that her daughter is an amoral nutcase. And Sami, I swear was on the verge of throwing the affair in Marlena's face to justify another one of her bad decisions.
Well, even if it's the catalyst for Marlena saying to Sami, "Look at who you've become." I mean, honestly the woman's life is in constant turmoil - and I don't mean average stress. . . jail time, attempted murders, fake murders, custody battles, blackmail, cheating lovers. . . it's exhausting.
Well, Marlena dealt with just as bad (if not worse), and she wasn't throwing morals out the window.

I think Gabi confessing all to Marlena is also a nice probably-not-intended nod to Marlena being in the same situation with Stefano in 1985. Feeling so desperate that she believed the only way to stop all the pain for the people she loved was to get rid of him.
Offline Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Jun 3 2014, 02:23 PM
Honeybees
am103
Dear God. A John sighting 40 minutes into the episode. Days really has no plan for Drake Hogestyn.
You know, I remember John Black having a bit of a wise streak in him. He was never a rocket scientist or anything, but he had empathy. I hate to see him blaming Brady's girlfriend (who has her own problems) who also happens to be one of his best friends' daughter for what is clearly Brady's doing.Yes, we're being shown Theresa offering Brady sex and drugs and encouraging him to take the sex and drugs, but I have yet to see her blackmail Brady (a la JJ) or hold him at gunpoint before any sex or drug taking.

Don't get me wrong. Theresa is consistently portrayed as a shitty person. It's just that Brady's problems are not her fault. He was an addict long before he met her.
Like I said in another thread, John should be on the phone with Kim and Shane warning them that their daughter is hanging out with an alcoholic drug user and she's in danger.
It's what the real John would do.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

Matt
Jun 3 2014, 12:17 PM
dear god. Greg Vaughan and a single tear rolling down his cheek. *SOB*
GIF (as promised):
Spoiler: click to toggle
Online Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

DaysAddiction
Jun 4 2014, 04:11 PM
Yoryla
Jun 4 2014, 03:22 PM
LOL Yeah I'm not gonna even read this thread.... tried to but there are just *way* too many things I am disagreeing with. See ya.........
You don't have to leave the thread. You are allowed to disagree. I disagree with people a lot too.
Thanks :blulaugh: Yea I know it's just easier to read things where you know you are agreeing with others. Also I don't wanna get my blood pressure too much up over nothing. lol

Thanks for the support
Edited by Yoryla, Jun 5 2014, 06:47 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Jun 5 2014, 06:46 AM
DaysAddiction
Jun 4 2014, 04:11 PM
Yoryla
Jun 4 2014, 03:22 PM
LOL Yeah I'm not gonna even read this thread.... tried to but there are just *way* too many things I am disagreeing with. See ya.........
You don't have to leave the thread. You are allowed to disagree. I disagree with people a lot too.
Thanks :blulaugh: Yea I know it's just easier to read things where you know you are agreeing with others. Also I don't wanna get my blood pressure too much up over nothing. lol

Thanks for the support
Yeah I know what you mean. It is frustrating at times but I'm happy to reach out to you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 3 2014, 12:57 PM
Who else is ready for the imminent slap that Jennifer is going to receive from Nicole....I know it is coming and I. CAN'T. WAIT.!
And I hope Jennifer knocks the living shit out of Nicole!
:cheer:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renaissance Girl

The Room Stops
Jun 4 2014, 08:32 PM
Rosebud
Honeybees
am103

Like I said in another thread, John should be on the phone with Kim and Shane warning them that their daughter is hanging out with an alcoholic drug user and she's in danger.
I'm confused by this. I seriously thought that Theresa was the one that posed a major threat to Brady because of her gold-digging ways and that John should be worried about her being a danger to Brady. How does Brady's lifestyle pose a threat to Theresa exactly? She doesn't seem too worried about it and how does anyone know for sure if she hasn't been doing drugs back in L.A.?

Maybe she got caught with a possession of a bunch of drugs and she got arrested for that. I watched an episode of "Intervention" the other night and a guy who was addicted to painkillers was going to this place to buy pills every other week and then one day he got caught for possession. His wife was about to leave him.

If I were John and if my son was running around with a gold-digging whore that was supplying him with drugs and was making him worse, I would do everything in my power to make him stay away from her. Hell, I'd send him to rehab if I have to get him away from her bad influence, because that's what Theresa is. A bad influence. As a matter of fact, I read a comment on the IMDB forum for this show that Theresa is actually a sociopath. You know what, that wouldn't surprise me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

marie1969

cryin4days
Jun 4 2014, 08:53 AM
I don't get the arguments that Rafe let his sister down because he had his phoned turned off. They didn't try to call Rafe until Gabi was at the station and had already confessed, and like BeeBee said, idiot Sami found Rafe in seconds. Rafe had been trying to get Sami, EJ, Will, and Gabi to tell him for weeks what was going on with Nick. They all told him the same thing - leave it alone. Even after the attempted rape, Kate and Sami did all they could to keep Gabi from spilling all to Rafe. NOW it's urgent that Rafe pick up his phone. Why the hell didn't they pick up the phone months ago to let Rafe know what Nick was up to with his sister.

Why is their responsibility to tell Rafe what is going on with his own sister? Are they Gabi's babysitter? Last time I checked, Gabi is an adult and If she wanted to confide in Rafe, she would have done so when Rafe was questioning her a couple of weeks ago. She wanted to handle things her way and her way got her straight to prison.

Rafe did let Gabi down. She is a young girl single with a child and Rafe has not been there for her. Rafe knew she was in some kind of trouble and he swore he would find out what was going on and never followed through. Rafe being a super cop, if he wanted to know what was going with his little sister so he can help her, he would have found a way. When he wanted to bust ej, he went out of the country to do so. you mean to tell me he could not follow all the clues leading to Nick.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Holaamigas

DawnElicia
Jun 4 2014, 12:06 PM
Mouse Mom
Jun 4 2014, 09:38 AM
DawnElicia
Jun 4 2014, 05:32 AM
BeeBee
Jun 4 2014, 02:12 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Sorry if you are the officer of the law you are always on duty. I'm just saying his phone shouldn't have been turned off. Just because he h a d the day off he could be needed.
So, Rafe goes on a cruise, he has to take his cell and answer it? If he is getting a root canal and they knock him out for it, he is a bad person if he doesn't answer his cell? Does he get paid overtime for answering his personal cell phone while off duty?
Does the department pay part of his cell phone bill, or do they issue him a cell phone that he has to pay them for any personal usage? Does he carry two cell phones at all times? Inquiring minds want to know.
Going on vacation and having a day off two different things.
Out of all the people who helped lead Gabi astray or let her down in this plotline, Rafe doesn't even make the list.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Renaissance Girl
Jun 7 2014, 07:25 PM
The Room Stops
Jun 4 2014, 08:32 PM
Rosebud
Honeybees

I'm confused by this. I seriously thought that Theresa was the one that posed a major threat to Brady because of her gold-digging ways and that John should be worried about her being a danger to Brady. How does Brady's lifestyle pose a threat to Theresa exactly? She doesn't seem too worried about it and how does anyone know for sure if she hasn't been doing drugs back in L.A.?

Maybe she got caught with a possession of a bunch of drugs and she got arrested for that. I watched an episode of "Intervention" the other night and a guy who was addicted to painkillers was going to this place to buy pills every other week and then one day he got caught for possession. His wife was about to leave him.

If I were John and if my son was running around with a gold-digging whore that was supplying him with drugs and was making him worse, I would do everything in my power to make him stay away from her. Hell, I'd send him to rehab if I have to get him away from her bad influence, because that's what Theresa is. A bad influence. As a matter of fact, I read a comment on the IMDB forum for this show that Theresa is actually a sociopath. You know what, that wouldn't surprise me.
So, you would attack a 20-something year old woman who happens to be the daughter of your best friend and a woman you consider to be your sister because you're worried about her influence on your 40-year old son who's known for his whoring and drug addled ways? And your solution would be to bribe her or skulk around and constantly confront her? Wouldn't you worry about her as well? Maybe call her parents and try to seek help for both of them?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Holaamigas
Jun 7 2014, 10:09 PM
DawnElicia
Jun 4 2014, 12:06 PM
Mouse Mom
Jun 4 2014, 09:38 AM
DawnElicia
Jun 4 2014, 05:32 AM

So, Rafe goes on a cruise, he has to take his cell and answer it? If he is getting a root canal and they knock him out for it, he is a bad person if he doesn't answer his cell? Does he get paid overtime for answering his personal cell phone while off duty?
Does the department pay part of his cell phone bill, or do they issue him a cell phone that he has to pay them for any personal usage? Does he carry two cell phones at all times? Inquiring minds want to know.
Going on vacation and having a day off two different things.
Out of all the people who helped lead Gabi astray or let her down in this plotline, Rafe doesn't even make the list.
Gabi is fully responsible for her actions. The only person who harmed her is Nick. She could've stopped his control in different ways but she chose the wrong solution.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic