Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Tuesday, June 3rd Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 2 2014, 11:53 PM (12,886 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I do actually feel bad for Gabi and think she is kinda dumb anyway so when she felt trapped she couldn't come up with a better plan than to just eliminate Nick. However, I don't see why anyone is saying Hope was bitchy towards her. Nick did horrible things, but Gabi murdered a member of Hope's family. Hope was right in what she said because things didn't have to go the way they did. There were other ways to deal with Nick, but Gabi surely wasn't smart enough to come up with those on her own. Looking at the people who Gabi is around all of the time, its no wonder that she chose murder as her way to solve her problem.
Edited by DiMeraFan67, Jun 3 2014, 11:21 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

I will give the writers credit in that even though I think that the shredding did not fit with Nicole's previous commitment to clear Eric and the genuine selflessness Nicole had shown with regard to Eric that seemed a product of her wanting to be the best to him. But the writers are trying to show her reasoning. AZ is selling it, too.

Eric asks her what she was thinking and how she was feeling when she kept the secret from him. She says it was hell and she was torn about about it and wanted to tell him. She is very intense. She wanted to tell share what she did with him.

He says God (Daniel?? LOL) has done her a great service by revealing this secret because she's not going to be tormented by it.

Brady and Theresa had sex on the floor. They are going out for food and then going to come back for more sex. Eric looks at what I think is a vial of cocaine. Then, he tosses it on the coffee table.

Sami blames Jordan for Rafe not having his phone on. Jordan says you don't know Rafe very well if you think I talked him into that and that Sami has more to worry about Rafe.

Ben tells Abigail that Sonny is not coming in to the club today. Clueless Abigail says that he, Will and Gabi probably need time. They talk about Nick pointing to someone in the square and wonder about the case.
Edited by Honeybees, Jun 3 2014, 11:30 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

EJ thanks Hope for bringing Marlena. Rafe bounds in demanding to know why EJ is there. EJ says he's representing Gabi and Rafe accuses him of a conflict of interest.

Gabi tells the story of her relationship with Nick to Marlena and how good it was at first but then he became obsessed. But there's a flashback of Sami telling her never to tell anyone about the river and attempted rape. Marlena says their conversation is confidential. And I am proud of the show for pointing out how shitty it was for Sami (and Kate) to not allow Gabi to simply go to the police at any point during and after the river incident, since she was in the least amount of trouble given his physical and mental abuse toward her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jun 3 2014, 11:29 AM
EJ thanks Hope for bringing Marlena. Rafe bounds in demanding to know why EJ is there. EJ says he's representing Gabi and Rafe accuses him of a conflict of interest.

Gabi tells the story of her relationship with Nick to Marlena and how good it was at first but then he became obsessed. But there's a flashback of Sami telling her never to tell anyone about the river and attempted rape. Marlena says their conversation is confidential. And I am proud of the show for pointing out how shitty it was for Sami (and Kate) to not allow Gabi to simply go to the police at any point during and after the river incident, since she was in the least amount of trouble given his physical and mental abuse toward her.
So this is how Marlena learns what Sami and Kate did to Nick. But because of the confidentiality no one else in Salem will know. :ermm:
Online Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

It occurs to me that there's a theme on the show with people being told not to tell about crimes/mideeds (Gabi and Andrew, Will shooting EJ, the river and even the EJabby affair) and it totally blowing up. And in all those cases, the person was heavily pressured by someone to not say anything.

Ben admits he looked at Abigail's modeling photos on line and she's embarrassed and he says she looks more beautiful now.

Hope tells Rafe that EJ insisted on Gabi having representation at all. Meanwhile, EJ gets his asshole card back when he tells Sami that it's in Gabi's best interest not to talk about the river.

Hope meanwhile tells Rafe that diaper bag not being in the hospital tipped her off and there was powder residue in the bag. (Kudos for having a scene that explains that that actually seems normal. Of course, Rafe would want to know about the evidence.) Hope says she did it.

Nicole cries and justifies and says "say something." Eric yells "I can't."
Edited by Honeybees, Jun 3 2014, 11:39 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jun 3 2014, 11:34 AM
Honeybees

So this is how Marlena learns what Sami and Kate did to Nick. But because of the confidentiality no one else in Salem will know. :ermm:
I wonder if in the Salem-verse Marlena will be allowed to discuss this with Sami. In RL, she wouldn't. But I would like to see that scene.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Theresa suggests that Brady should go to the boy's room and powder his nose. He says no at first, but then says yes and hands him the cocaine. John over hears and sits down to talk when Brady goes.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jun 3 2014, 11:37 AM
jam6242
Jun 3 2014, 11:34 AM
Honeybees

I wonder if in the Salem-verse Marlena will be allowed to discuss this with Sami. In RL, she wouldn't. But I would like to see that scene.
I'm guessing yes. That was probably the only reason the writers pulled Marlena into this, lol.
Online Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Jordan arrives at the club and says hi to Ben and Abigail. She does not say anything about Gabi and gets coffee and leaves them alone. Abigail leaves after flirty banter. Ben asks Jordan what's wrong.

Marlena: Sami was there? And Gabi tells the story and paints Sami and Kate look really bad. She says everything about the river including Nick coming to.

Eric asks if she has the evidence. She says Daniel has it. He says "He wouldn't even trust you with it?" (Duh, score one for Daniel being smart) Eric says I'm leaving you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Nicole tries to stop Eric but he says she took his choice from him.

Theresa tells John that Brady and her are not his business. He says my son will always be my business.

Gabi tells Marlena that Nick knew who shot him and that when he came into the square it was like the Christening all over. She said then he died and it was quiet and that now that he was gone they could all love each other again. She says they all love each other Kate and Will. And she says she loves Sonny. That they were all family. Then Rafe comes in. There's no words and she just weeps in his arms.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Jordan tells Ben about Gabi. She says that she felt it wasn't her place to tell Abigail. They agree she was going to be upset.

Abigail runs into EJ. He says the murder has been solved.

Marlena tells Hope that Gabi was not insane but she was hopeless and helpless and that any psychiatrist will say Gabi was not insane but there were mitigating circumstances. For plot reasons, Sami is there. Hope leaves and Marlena gives Sami a really cold look and Sami says "What's wrong?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Brady in HTS and he tells John to get lost. John says I'm not going to let this happen to you. (Hmmm..John, it's not happening to Brady. Brady is actively doing it.) Brady and John punch each other.

Jordan tells Ben she was relieved to hear Ben didn't do it. He says he can't believe she thought that.

EJ says he can't tell Abigail who did it because he's representing the person. He leaves but Abigail gets a text and looks shock.

Gabi weeps and says she's sorry to Rafe.

Oh, good on the writers. Marlena says I can't tell you what Gabi told me. Sami says..."but she told you about...you need to understand..." Marlena asks "Is there something you'd like to tell me?" Sami says no. Marlena coldly walks away.

Eric leaves a weeping Nicole and as he goes the picture from Africa shatters in it's frame and Nicole weeps.

And that's it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Well, some non dumb moves by the writers today, I must say.

CB is still slaying it.

I especially like that the river incident was really put onto Sami and Kate and portrayed as a god-awful thing to push Gabi into.

Rafe notices that EJ probably has a conflict in representing Gabi (even though he doesn't know about the river, does he?)

And again, even though I don't like that Nicole shredded the documents, given her long redemption, AZ is selling it.

Oh, and if Jordan keeps standing up to and then blowing off Sami, she might turn into my new favorite character.
Edited by Honeybees, Jun 3 2014, 12:34 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

This is the first time I've gotten to watch Days live since my semester ended!

EJ looks terrible
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

Brady, Theresa, if you were going to the trouble to grab the sheets off the bed, you could've just fucked IN THE BED. smdh
Online Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

I am here for more of Camila Banus tearing up the screen today. Ericole looks like it's even going to be good today too.

I'm so over Brady.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

"Arianna doesn't read or write. I'm not going to be able to hold my daughter through e-mail."

Wow! Great dialogue for Gabi.
Edited by am103, Jun 3 2014, 01:10 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

CM is just nailing it AGAIN today! My heart is legitimately breaking for Gabi
Online Profile Goto Top

Matt
Member Avatar
Classic Soap Fan

although I hate this entire Chyka evidence story, I have to commend both GV & AZ for playing the given material for all it's worth
Online Profile Goto Top

jewlmc

Honeybees
Jun 3 2014, 12:01 PM
Well, some non dumb moves by the writers today, I must say.

CB is still slaying it.

I especially like that the river incident was really put onto Sami and Kate and portrayed as a god-awful thing to push Gabi into.

Rafe notices that EJ probably has a conflict in representing Gabi (even though he doesn't know about the river, does he?)

And again, event. n though I don't like that Nicole shredded that documents given her long redemption, AZ is selling it.

Oh, and if Jordan keeps standing up to and then blowing off Sami, she might turn into my new favorite character.
Because Gabi has no Will or mouth of her own, right? Who pushed her into hiring Andrew to have Melanie kidnapped?
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic