Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Survivor 29: San Juan del Sur
Topic Started: Jun 4 2014, 09:57 AM (380 Views)
KMan101
Member Avatar

Got some info ...

They had 20 players, 2 were removed before filming began for medical reasons, so they're going with 18 and apparently an uneven gender mix because of it.

Today Probst revealed that Redemption Island WAS AXED! Woo hoo! They did build an arena for it but will use it for something else.

Filming is starting this week so EW (Dalton Ross, of course) is doing his podcast live from Nicaragua and bringing scoops each day.

Here are the links:
Two pre-game medical exits:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/02/survivor-nicaragua-two-contestants-leave/

Redemption Island axed:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/06/04/survivor-redemption-island-axed-for-new-twist-exclusive/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

And speaking of Nicaragua, I had no idea they had a more 'ethnic' theme song for the season before it was made more generic because of concern by I guess CBS? I've heard it, if it's real, and I'd take that anyday. To me the theme really adds to the character of the show and I haven't been happy to see only a title card and a generic theme when they do air the entire opening.

Unusued Season 21 - Nicaragua theme:
http://youtu.be/qhZuArM3ayU

Also, there are fantastic (mostly ... lol) interviews with a LOT of past players. They are audio interviews with a dude from Tasmania. A lot of the early ones are from 2012 but they give a LOT of insight to contestants:

https://survivoroz.wordpress.com/interviews/

Heidik would play again, Neleh would play again, Kelly W. (Borneo) would play again ... you can also hear Steve Wright pretty much go to town on Russell Hantz, Cindy from Guatemala STILL hates Stephenie ... some great interviews with Danni, Kim, Ami, Laura Morett, Tracy Hughes-Wolfe, Kathy Sleckman, Kathy Vavrick-O'Brien, Whitney (South Pacific), Amy O'Hara (Guatemala). He also managed to snag an interview with Greg Buis (as well as Heidik and both were very hard to pen down at the time). And did you know Jane (Nicaragua) was originally supposed to be on Caramoan instead of Dawn? And that Amy would have been on Heroes vs. Villains instead of Candice? That Neleh was nixed from All Stars at the last minute?

Just wanted to share that. Really makes me appreciate a LOT of early boots and past players who were underedited.

KMan101
Member Avatar

Whoops. Meant to post this in the CBS forum.... My bad.

Manny
Member Avatar

Thanks, Shawn, for all the info! I will def try to listen to the interviews! :)

PS I would have LOVED to have Jane instead of Dawn!! Why was the switch made?
Edited by Manny, Jun 4 2014, 02:16 PM.

KMan101
Member Avatar

I haven't gotten through many of the interviews. Not sure about Jane/Dawn. My thought was to give Cochran an advantage (lol) but I think Jane pissed off production somehow, but I'm not sure.

Manny
Member Avatar

Ugh! I wouldn't put it pass them. They adore Cochran..

King
Member Avatar

Interesting.

darraholic
Member Avatar

Jane caused a bit of scandal back in Nicaragua. Her and Sash had some kinda deal about Jane trying to get people to vote for him on the jury or something. I never could stand Jane. I thought she was down right awful with some the remarks she made about people.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

KMan101
Member Avatar

Yeah. At times I liked Jane but then hearing more and more about how she actually was ... doesn't seem the most likable, lol, to put it nicely. I think Season 21 for me ties Season 14 in terms of the least appealing cast ever. Cook Islands and Palau are right up there for me. I know Guatemala gets some hate, as does Exile Island but I think they had better casts.

And apparently Malcolm took Troyzan's spot in Season 26. My god could you imagine being stuck with Troyzan AND Philip AND Brandon AND Cochran? I'd shoot myself.
Edited by KMan101, Jun 6 2014, 07:54 AM.

Manny
Member Avatar

God, I hate Troyzan.. Thank God they chose Malcolm over him.

I kinda liked Jane.. but I don't know what comments she made, so.. :D

darraholic
Member Avatar

I would have rather had Holly instead of Dawn/Jane. Holly was probably my favorite in Nicaragua after Brenda.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Manny
Member Avatar

Oh Holly was cool too.. I would have liked her as well :D

KMan101
Member Avatar

I liked Holly as well. I'd have definitely picked her over Dawn and Jane.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply