Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Emmy Red Carpet hosts casting call...
Topic Started: Jun 5 2014, 01:18 AM (1,631 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

Here's the casting call just posted, looking for hosts for the 2014 Daytime Emmy Red Carpet coverage...

OFFICIAL 2014 DAYTIME EMMYS RED CARPET / SOCIAL MEDIA HOSTS
Live Project
SAG-AFTRA

Executive Producer: Paul Colichman
Executive Producer: Stephen Jarchow
Casting Director: Christopher Donaldson
Shoot/Start Date: June 22, 2014
Pay Rate: $1,000 per day (12 hrs)

Role: 5 Hosts - Male/Female
Info: Millennials (18-35), all ethnicities.Must have strong entertainment news background and/or VERY strong social media following (300,000 followers minimum).Must be available all day on Sunday, June 22, 2014. LOCAL HIRES ONLY. $1,000 per day (12 hr day).
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Only now? It's like two weeks away lol :facepalm:

I have to wonder about these, what kind of a show will it even be....

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

So red carpet event for a non-televised awards show?

NATAS hasn't even cleared press credentials yet and the award show is in 2 weeks, lol.

lysie
Member Avatar

It's too bad none of the soap social media people have that kind of following.

blueskies
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 5 2014, 11:44 AM
yeah. i mean, most of the soap stars don't even have that kind of following on twitter (idk about FB).

am103
Member Avatar

I'm bummed that the awards show isn't televised. I'm still confused about how all of this is going to work though. Will it still be available to see on sites like YouTube after the event is over?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

am103
Jun 5 2014, 12:47 PM
I'm bummed that the awards show isn't televised. I'm still confused about how all of this is going to work though. Will it still be available to see on sites like YouTube after the event is over?
Yes - I think NATAS said if there was no network to televise, the awards would be 100% broadcast online live.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 5 2014, 11:44 AM
AS is the only soap-associated person I know that has those numbers & she isn't a "millennial"

Edit: Just looked up Ross Mathews...he has 494K twitter followers & hits the demo. He at least has soap experience?
Edited by daysjahvu, Jun 6 2014, 10:57 AM.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

Daytime Emmys announces social media hosts:
http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/06/18/daytime-emmys-reveals-social-media-hosts/

(according to the article, they don't seem to know much about soaps)

OliveAnn

Did anyone hear the story about DC and BuzzWorthyRadio being denied press credentials, but these vloggers getting them? NATAS officials are really embarrassing themselves this year. And those vloggers act like immature tweens. Women, you're in your mid-20s. Act like it!

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

nananana7
Jun 18 2014, 04:06 PM
http://daytimeconfidential.com/2014/06/18/daytime-emmys-reveals-social-media-hosts/

So they hired red carpet hosts for the DAYTIME Emmy's who know nothing about daytime or its stars?

Yep snds about right!

These internet "stars" are not going to know who they are even talking to on that red carpet.

Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 18 2014, 05:28 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 18 2014, 05:22 PM
nananana7

So they hired red carpet hosts for the DAYTIME Emmy's who know nothing about daytime or its stars?

Yep snds about right!

These internet "stars" are not going to know who they are even talking to on that red carpet.

at least one of the daytime press said on twitter that they're always next to some host who knows nothing about daytime stars & asks for each one, "should i interview them?"

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Can you imagine, they're standing there with like Deidre Hall, Tony Geary or Susan Lucci... and asking them ridiculous, stupid questions like "So, like, are you a tweeter or an instagrammer?" "So like, what's your favorite Kardashian?"

I mean, DC peeps, Kroll, Fairman, they're limited in what they're allowed to ask and with time... but they CARE and they love the genre.

So stupid. I mean, why even bother if they don't give a shit?

Carly
Member Avatar

nananana7

My first reaction: "WTF?! I've never even heard of these women!" My second reaction: "Wow, these women's social media pages are ridiculous and annoying!"

I'm confused about why these four women were chosen for the job. I examined their Twitter and Facebook pages, and none of them have the "300,000 followers minimum" that was mentioned in the casting call. And since these women have no knowledge of daytime TV, they certainly weren't chosen for their love of the genre.

I wish the job had been given to Martha Madison. I really enjoy her radio show, and she has a lot of respect and enthusiasm for daytime television.

Marlene

nananana7

Loved this line: "I will give my first born to any member of this quartet who can tell me who Beverlee McKinsey was." I think Jamey's first born is safe.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Marlene
Jun 19 2014, 10:04 AM
nananana7

Loved this line: "I will give my first born to any member of this quartet who can tell me who Beverlee McKinsey was." I think Jamey's first born is safe.
sadly I'll be surprised if they even know who Susan Lucci is.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 19 2014, 11:45 AM
Marlene
Jun 19 2014, 10:04 AM
nananana7

sadly I'll be surprised if they even know who Susan Lucci is.
And if they even did, it would be because of Devious Maids, not because of anything else.

Jason47
Member Avatar

nananana7

And we know from the "casting call" that each of them will be paid $1,000. Guess all they cared about was having people who have 300,000 followers, and not people who know anything about the subject they are covering!!

OFFICIAL 2014 DAYTIME EMMYS RED CARPET / SOCIAL MEDIA HOSTS
Live Project
SAG-AFTRA

Millennials (18-35), all ethnicities.Must have strong entertainment news background and/or VERY strong social media following (300,000 followers minimum).Must be available all day on Sunday, June 22, 2014. LOCAL HIRES ONLY. $1,000 per day (12 hr day).

Executive Producer: Paul Colichman
Executive Producer: Stephen Jarchow
Casting Director: Christopher Donaldson
Shoot/Start Date: June 22, 2014
Pay Rate: $1,000 per day (12 hrs)

Nate
Member Avatar

Are you fucking kidding me? Vine girls! WTF.

Bradyclan

I think it's safe to say that we could have done a better job for Free. These people were beyond awful!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply