Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Preview, June 9, 2014 - promo video
Topic Started: Jun 5 2014, 08:33 AM (2,596 Views)
nananana7
Member Avatar

Weekly Preview, June 9, 2014 - promo video

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-6914/2787396

Youtube behind the spoiler tag
Spoiler: click to toggle
Edited by nananana7, Jun 5 2014, 09:39 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mouse Mom

WOW! Go Kate!

justforfun

I would think they would want to capitalize on the emotions of Gabi going to prison over this, although I love me some Kate in action.

blueskies
Member Avatar

okay i feel like i stepped into the twilight zone. This seems so far out of left field to me given what we've seen as of late onscreen, lol.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

At first I was excited, then I was scratching me head. I don't really get it, I mean, I thought the only times Kate was really "after sami" is when she was going after Lucas or Austin. ...wait, she did screw up her and Brandon's wedding... but that did kind of involve Lucas with Stan... I dunno.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

I think Kate and Sami faking fight

jam6242
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Jun 5 2014, 09:03 AM
That's the only thing that makes sense.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Hmm.... that's odd

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Jun 5 2014, 08:55 AM
At first I was excited, then I was scratching me head. I don't really get it, I mean, I thought the only times Kate was really "after sami" is when she was going after Lucas or Austin. ...wait, she did screw up her and Brandon's wedding... but that did kind of involve Lucas with Stan... I dunno.
Since when does character history mean anything to this set of writers?

Maybe they are faking it for EJ's sake, but it would be nice if they let the audience in on it. There was a bit of WTFery about Gabi's whole story of being afraid of Nick, we just didn't see it on screen until about 2 nanoseconds before she shot him. All this having to explain the story after it happens that's going on with Days just highlights the crappy writing & direction. The audience should be able to understand what they're watching without it having to be explained later.

camera shy

Maybe that picture of Sami and Kate at the mansion will turn out to be a present from both Stefano and EJ.......the two Mrs. DiMeras.

nananana7
Member Avatar

(found NBC link and added it to opening post)

Marlene

Ok, I'm confused, but what else is new. I know Stefano sent Kate a stunning piece of jewelry. In principle, she didn't want to accept it, but since Kate really doesn't have any principles and it was huge and stunning, she did accept. But other than the gift and the almost aborted dinner, what contact have Kate and Stefano had. I guess this is the beginning of the

Spoiler: click to toggle

arc, but otherwise, I'm still scratching my head.
Edited by Marlene, Jun 5 2014, 10:59 AM.

AmbernOK
Member Avatar

I thought Sami and Kate had become buddies? :shrug:

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

jam6242
Jun 5 2014, 09:28 AM
Partnersincrime
I have to think that is exactly what is happening here. They are faking this 'back to enemies' phase for a reason.....because just 3 weeks ago Kate was not budging from not going back to Stefano...so what changed? I have to think Sami found out about the affair and is using her animosity with Kate to give Ej a sense of security.

camera shy

LuvingLumi
Jun 5 2014, 10:14 AM
jam6242
Partnersincrime
I have to think that is exactly what is happening here. They are faking this 'back to enemies' phase for a reason.....because just 3 weeks ago Kate was not budging from not going back to Stefano...so what changed? I have to think Sami found out about the affair and is using her animosity with Kate to give Ej a sense of security.
AS just said in some recent interview that Sami didn't know about Ejabby and she wasn't plotting revenge. And I think it would be a total failure if the audience doesn't see Sami find out about the affair on screen. You really don't want to see her reaction to finding out?

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

camera shy
Jun 5 2014, 10:25 AM
LuvingLumi
jam6242
Partnersincrime
AS just said in some recent interview that Sami didn't know about Ejabby and she wasn't plotting revenge. And I think it would be a total failure if the audience doesn't see Sami find out about the affair on screen. You really don't want to see her reaction to finding out?
If you are talking about her TVGuide interview she answered that Sami hasn't known about it all along, but she never mentioned that she just found out after Nick's death and I think that is where the disconnect is. Many took it that Sami hasn't known, everything we seen has been sincere and she isn't plotting revenge...but what if she JUST started doing all that right after Nick passed.

I do wonder of late with the 'off camera' reveals if that is what we are in for, and frankly if that's it, what a HUGE FAIL for this show.

MissLola
Member Avatar

Didn't they say somewhere that there was a reason for the fakeout and the real reveal would be totally different? I think that Kami are up to something. But I don't understsnd why they are omiting reveals. They did it with Jenn/Eric maybe they did it with this story too?
Edited by MissLola, Jun 5 2014, 10:43 AM.

mer4santo
Member Avatar

Dear Show,
Please stop telling stories offscreen. They make no lick of sense.
For example:
Kate: "Stefano tried to whack off the cock of my lover, then he gave me a necklace. We're getting married."
The entire audience: "WTF?"

Yours truly,
Mer

KateDiMera
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jun 5 2014, 10:50 AM
Dear Show,
Please stop telling stories offscreen. They make no lick of sense.
For example:
Kate: "Stefano tried to whack off the cock of my lover, then he gave me a necklace. We're getting married."
The entire audience: "WTF?"

Yours truly,
Mer
This.

Also, it makes things seem extra weird because Stefano hasn't been onscreen for 98% of this short-lived "courtship." There better be more to this than meets the eye. Kate is a material girl, but I'd like to think it takes a little more than dangling a shiny object in front of her.

Also Kate vs. Sami is so tired. I was happy we moved on from it. To be honest, at first glance, this whole storyline is just wrought with sexist tropes. Even for this show.

lysie
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 5 2014, 10:38 AM
camera shy
Jun 5 2014, 10:25 AM
LuvingLumi
jam6242

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
If you are talking about her TVGuide interview she answered that Sami hasn't known about it all along, but she never mentioned that she just found out after Nick's death and I think that is where the disconnect is. Many took it that Sami hasn't known, everything we seen has been sincere and she isn't plotting revenge...but what if she JUST started doing all that right after Nick passed.

I do wonder of late with the 'off camera' reveals if that is what we are in for, and frankly if that's it, what a HUGE FAIL for this show.
She said it wasn't going to happen that way though. I'm thinking she flat out lied.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply