Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Weekly Preview, June 9, 2014 - promo video
Topic Started: Jun 5 2014, 08:33 AM (2,598 Views)
daysjahvu
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jun 5 2014, 01:04 PM
lysie
Jun 5 2014, 12:38 PM
gailwinters
Jun 5 2014, 12:30 PM
lysie
Jun 5 2014, 12:07 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well, I don't think it's weird that she left EJ out. He bound himself to Stefano with that stupid promise. She asked Stefano to release EJ from his pledge and he refused. I think she decided to do something on her own.

Now after the reveal, who knows how she will react? Her motives may change.

And include Kate instead of her fiance? I think it's weird. There's a lot of issues with that whole backstory, but the biggest one is that Stefano isn't even onscreen. Who the hell cares if he's technically in charge if he's not even there? None of that whole takeover has affected anything, and chances are, Kate and Sami taking over won't affect anything either.
Regardless of if Stefano is in charge, he gave control of DE back to EJ to run so I really don't understand the waste of screen time on absolutely nothing! I take that back, we got MANTWIRL, that was something.
Okay, you had to go and mention the mantwirl , so now I'm missing Justin & his dimples even more.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

lysie
gailwinters
Jun 5 2014, 12:01 PM
I think it's possible that Kami are scheming to take over DE, but it could have nothing to do with EJ/Abby.
Maybe, but it'd be weird that Sami left EJ out. I guess that could be the "twist". He was screwing Abby, and she was screwing him over.

Or she wants to suprise EJ by taking over DE as a wedding gift.

lysie
Member Avatar

mer4santo
Jun 5 2014, 01:04 PM
lysie
Jun 5 2014, 12:38 PM
gailwinters
Jun 5 2014, 12:30 PM
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well, I don't think it's weird that she left EJ out. He bound himself to Stefano with that stupid promise. She asked Stefano to release EJ from his pledge and he refused. I think she decided to do something on her own.

Now after the reveal, who knows how she will react? Her motives may change.

And include Kate instead of her fiance? I think it's weird. There's a lot of issues with that whole backstory, but the biggest one is that Stefano isn't even onscreen. Who the hell cares if he's technically in charge if he's not even there? None of that whole takeover has affected anything, and chances are, Kate and Sami taking over won't affect anything either.
Regardless of if Stefano is in charge, he gave control of DE back to EJ to run so I really don't understand the waste of screen time on absolutely nothing! I take that back, we got MANTWIRL, that was something.
Exactly. And Stefano even apologized and the Nbcdays twitter account just couldn't believe it.

Also, apparently Sami's issue in March was having to live in the house. So she and Kate are going to take over and then....stay in the house she supposedly wants out of?

prufrock
Member Avatar

I think this is all an act and is part of whatever Kate and Sami r plotting for the D'boys. This stems from their private bday party meeting the other week. This actually may end up being pretty freaking good sl for once, I hope so anyway!

six
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jun 5 2014, 12:52 PM
six
Jun 5 2014, 12:42 PM
LuvingLumi
Jun 5 2014, 12:39 PM
six
Jun 5 2014, 12:35 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepwhy couldn't he have the fake reveal with her looking all sorts of hot?
She could have been in the hot dress with beautiful hair and make up from the beginning of the episode....I'm not saying she would change mid scene...that would be stupid and would have given out the fake out earlier than most of us picked it up from.....
That's not on EJ's mind, though. That's on Sami for choosing to wear that outfit in the first place.

And Sami has approached Stefano about giving EJ the freedom to move out.
Sami - actually, Ali - could not have done the physical parts of that episode wearing the sexy outfit from earlier. I'm pretty sure that's the reason for the change.

Yes, Sami talked to Stefano about giving EJ his freedom recently....I think around mid March.
I just noticed the line about the outfit from earlier in the episode. What outfit? The way I remember it, Sami was in the same button down shirt and cardigan for the entire episode.

gailwinters
Member Avatar

six
Jun 5 2014, 01:15 PM
gailwinters
six
LuvingLumi
Jun 5 2014, 12:39 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepwhy couldn't he have the fake reveal with her looking all sorts of hot?
That's not on EJ's mind, though. That's on Sami for choosing to wear that outfit in the first place.

And Sami has approached Stefano about giving EJ the freedom to move out.
Sami - actually, Ali - could not have done the physical parts of that episode wearing the sexy outfit from earlier. I'm pretty sure that's the reason for the change.

Yes, Sami talked to Stefano about giving EJ his freedom recently....I think around mid March.
I just noticed the line about the outfit from earlier in the episode. What outfit? The way I remember it, Sami was in the same button down shirt and cardigan for the entire episode.
She was, but earlier on the same Salem day, she was wearing a sexy blue dress, and then suddenly she was wearing the buttondown and cardigan.

lysie
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jun 5 2014, 01:18 PM
six
gailwinters
six

She was, but earlier on the same Salem day, she was wearing a sexy blue dress, and then suddenly she was wearing the buttondown and cardigan.
I think that not being able to do the physical parts of a scene in a particular outfit is a really pitiful excuse. I'm sure that's the actual reason, but I still think it's pitiful. You don't really get to consider your wardrobe choices before having a conflict. Days never does this, but I think in general on TV and in movies it really adds to the scene when they have to work around the wardrobe.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

The promo looks good in itself, Kate looks amazing.

Although this is kind of a stupid thing to make a promo out of. It's not really a storyline, and there is no rivalry in that, Sami has absolutely no say in who Kate should or shouldn't be marrying.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Kinda weird that they would release this so early already, even though it is possible since they won't air again this week anymore.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

While I like that Kate and Stefano would be remarrying, that is where she belongs anyway, I think this is kind of sudden considering we've barely seen them in scenes together of course due to JM appearing so little. It's a little one-sided.

Ocean

nananana7
Jun 5 2014, 08:33 AM
Weekly Preview, June 9, 2014 - promo video

http://www.nbc.com/days-of-our-lives/video/weekly-preview-6914/2787396

Youtube behind the spoiler tag
Spoiler: click to toggle
Thanks nananana7 for posting it! :)

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

lysie
Jun 5 2014, 01:27 PM
gailwinters
Jun 5 2014, 01:18 PM
six
gailwinters

I think that not being able to do the physical parts of a scene in a particular outfit is a really pitiful excuse. I'm sure that's the actual reason, but I still think it's pitiful. You don't really get to consider your wardrobe choices before having a conflict. Days never does this, but I think in general on TV and in movies it really adds to the scene when they have to work around the wardrobe.
Yeah, that's just BS....kick off your damn heels, rip the damn dress if the scene calls for it..but changing into a frumpy button down and comfy pants so that Sami can throw things around and cry is just not a good excuse...could you imagine...it would have been way more powerful a scene if they would have had her do that....torn her dress, flung her shoes at EJ, the heel would have hit his head....IDK the show seriously hires stunt people for a reason...but no one actually thought the scene could have been better with a those kinds of effects?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply