Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOC: DAYS casting two new roles
Topic Started: Jun 5 2014, 12:56 PM (2,697 Views)
Jason47
Member Avatar

DrewHamilton
Jun 5 2014, 03:38 PM
Who chooses these names?!

I'd kill for an Amanda or an Ashley or a Kevin to show up in Salem.
They have to pass the names through legal, so sometimes it's easier to choose a wilder name than the more normal names.

Here's a good recent story about character names and lawsuits:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/nbc-may-be-trouble-parenthood-387696
Edited by Jason47, Jun 5 2014, 03:52 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jaygal
Member Avatar

Lol. Defenders of the Earth theme tune is all I can think about right now.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jun 5 2014, 03:49 PM
DrewHamilton
Jun 5 2014, 03:38 PM
Who chooses these names?!

I'd kill for an Amanda or an Ashley or a Kevin to show up in Salem.
They have to pass the names through legal, so sometimes it's easier to choose a wilder name than the more normal names.

Here's a good recent story about character names and lawsuits:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/nbc-may-be-trouble-parenthood-387696
Oh, wow! I never knew that.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 5 2014, 01:37 PM
I wonder if Mandrake will be a magician....
I'm wondering if Mandrake is also related to the cast call for a roulette dealer?!?

PALMommy
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 5 2014, 01:38 PM
Mandrake.

I hope everyone remembers their earmuffs.
Where's Professor Sprout with a good Silencio when you need her, huh? :wizard:

PALMommy
Member Avatar

Matt
Jun 5 2014, 01:44 PM
Too bad Daphne couldn't be a secret daughter of Tony DiMera named after his mother....
Which is at least marginally better than a Daphne solving crimes with those meddling kids!

am103
Member Avatar

I'd LOVE for Daphne to be a secret daughter of Tony and Anna. A troublesome DiMera teenaged girl who takes a liking to JJ? I approve! Unfortunately, I'd really want Tony and Anna back for that, and since Days barely even gives us scenes with Justin/Adrienne and Sonny, this would never in a million years happen.

Anyways. Dream sequence over. Daphne is probably a friend of Paige's, who will be just as dull as Paige is.

Jason47
Member Avatar

PALMommy
Jun 5 2014, 04:58 PM
Matt
Jun 5 2014, 01:37 PM
I wonder if Mandrake will be a magician....
I'm wondering if Mandrake is also related to the cast call for a roulette dealer?!?
The roulette dealer taped in February and airs July 10, so he has nothing to do with this new call.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
He and his dimples are ALL hers!

'Mandrake'? I'd rather have DRAKE Hogestyn back full time.

Renaissance Girl

am103
Jun 6 2014, 12:23 AM
I'd LOVE for Daphne to be a secret daughter of Tony and Anna. A troublesome DiMera teenaged girl who takes a liking to JJ? I approve! Unfortunately, I'd really want Tony and Anna back for that, and since Days barely even gives us scenes with Justin/Adrienne and Sonny, this would never in a million years happen.

Anyways. Dream sequence over. Daphne is probably a friend of Paige's, who will be just as dull as Paige is.
You know what would be more awesome? What if Daphne is actually a lesbian and tries to go after Bev? Maybe J.J. sees that Daphne is trying to win Bev's affections and would compete with her for her affections. In this scenario we might have a lesbian DiMera girl. Maybe Tony and Anna do not need to be on this show for Daphne to be their daughter. Anna could probably send Daphne to live with her relatives and she could probably live with Stefano or EJ/Sami.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply