Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Emmys will NOT air on TV this year; To be live streamed over the internet instead
Topic Started: Jun 5 2014, 03:37 PM (2,497 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

http://www.deadline.com/2014/06/daytime-emmy-awards-to-livestream-online/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The show will not be televised this year and instead will be streamed online LIVE at www.daytimeemmys.net on June 22 at 5PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

peaches179

LOL. I could care less. I wasn't planning on watching it anyway. Last year's Emmys was painful to watch.

Thanks for posting, Mitch!

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

I'll watch the stream. You never know how much better it could be without having to do stupid bits for the sponsors or networks.

marybee50
Member Avatar

We Love Soaps has the starting times as 8PM east coast/5PM west coast which is usually the times for ceremonies out west.The article doesn't make that clear. :shrug:

Alin89
Member Avatar

I just hope it's free.

james0479
Member Avatar

At first I was kinda bummed but actually this may be way better. Surely they can't royally fuck up a stream. (Surely.....). I'd watch either way but I'm curious to see how this does and I hope they go all out, show real clips, do it like it used to be done. They have the chance to....really no excuses now. So this may be way better! Here's to them doing it RIGHT and getting massive online viewers. I'm in!

Marlene

james0479
Jun 5 2014, 10:41 PM
At first I was kinda bummed but actually this may be way better. Surely they can't royally fuck up a stream. (Surely.....). I'd watch either way but I'm curious to see how this does and I hope they go all out, show real clips, do it like it used to be done. They have the chance to....really no excuses now. So this may be way better! Here's to them doing it RIGHT and getting massive online viewers. I'm in!

Meet james0479, the eternal optimist :)

talbab1994
Member Avatar

I'm hoping for a show that will celebrate ALL of daytime...not just the one where it's all about talk shows or tons of commercials. I keep thinking that maybe it'll be like a Golden Globe feel in that it's kind of laid back but a ton of fun.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

As long as they're shown somewhere.....

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

This could give NATAS the chance to do this show some serious justice (finally!)...but they always and I mean ALWAYS drop the ball in a major way when it comes to the Daytime Emmy's....I have no faith they can ever do these awards correctly again.

I am happy it is still being shown and we do not have to suffer through network affiliation or network control and whatever stars the networks are trying to whore out shamelessly (remember the HLN hosts singing last year... :facepalm: )
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 6 2014, 10:18 AM.

natdot99
Member Avatar

I just hope the live stream is way better than last year show because it was a hot mess.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 6 2014, 10:17 AM
This could give NATAS the chance to do this show some serious justice (finally!)...but they always and I mean ALWAYS drop the ball in a major way when it comes to the Daytime Emmy's....I have no faith they can ever do these awards correctly again.

I am happy it is still being shown and we do not have to suffer through network affiliation or network control and whatever stars the networks are trying to whore out shamelessly (remember the HLN hosts singing last year... :facepalm: )
LOL... that was AWFUL....... it was below the muzak they play in elevators......

darraholic
Member Avatar

I don't think anything will ever top Vanessa William's infomercial of Vegas awards on the CW.

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'll watch if it's free. I can't imagine paying to watch the stream. Especially since the clips will be posted on YouTube afterwards.

am103
Member Avatar

darraholic
Jun 6 2014, 01:47 PM
I don't think anything will ever top Vanessa William's infomercial of Vegas awards on the CW.
OMG. That was the worst! It was like a brochure for Vegas came to life on my TV.

OliveAnn

This was expected, so I'm not surprised. However, what I'm concerned about is that this year's Daytime Emmys may be one of the last to be held. There are only few soaps left, talk shows hosts, who always been bigger stars than daytime actors, couldn't care less about the awards anymore and not even random cable channels want to air the ceremony anymore. What's also hurting Daytime Emmys is that they're not under the Television Academy (formerly ATAS). If Televison Academy were in charge, maybe Daytime Emmys might have a chance of survival. This way, I'm not optimistic. I hope I'm wrong and that maybe next year we do see a TV event. But, the way things stand now, I wouldn't bet on it.

james0479
Member Avatar

Marlene
Jun 6 2014, 06:21 AM
james0479
Jun 5 2014, 10:41 PM

Meet james0479, the eternal optimist :)
Hahaha!! I hear that all the time then I make a snarky remark to ensure my cred ;). Our luck is they actually DO it right but there's problems with the feed and we are treated to every other nine words...then it'll magically be fine during the segment where Susan Lucci talks about loving one another for 45 minutes, then back to the fuzz. Whether good or horrid, I've already got my box of popcorn.
Edited by james0479, Jun 7 2014, 08:50 AM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Daytime Emmy's telecast preview from CBS SID:

http://cbs.soapsindepth.com/2014/06/daytime-emmy-awards-preview.html

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 9 2014, 02:19 PM
They still don't have a HOST? :shrug: Lord this could really be a trainwreck. Hey James, wanna pass some of that optimism over here? :)

Yoryla
Member Avatar

The actor clips sound nice.... hopefully they'll make it work....

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply