Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Emmys will NOT air on TV this year; To be live streamed over the internet instead
Topic Started: Jun 5 2014, 03:37 PM (2,315 Views)
DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

This show has more potential to be good than any in the last 5 or 6 years, at least. That doesn't mean it will be, but the extra time could be very beneficial if they use it correctly.

Also I'm excited about maybe getting some longer and more uncensored speeches. I just hope they don't let some random go on for 5 minutes and cut short one of the soap people. Its literally all I care about when I watch.

Maybe they will get some good reviews (if they focus the show more) and that could help with how they produce the show next year when its back on TV.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

thepadange

Daytime Emmy Awards ‏@DaytimeEmmys 7m
A #DaytimeEmmys first! YOU get to choose who goes home with the new #FanFavorite award! Stay tuned for details on how to vote!
https://twitter.com/DaytimeEmmys/status/476832539110154240

blueskies
Member Avatar

thepadange
Jun 11 2014, 04:15 PM
Daytime Emmy Awards @DaytimeEmmys 7m
A #DaytimeEmmys first! YOU get to choose who goes home with the new #FanFavorite award! Stay tuned for details on how to vote!
If this is a soap award I don't see how this doesn't go to someone on either Days or GH. Scratch that, doesn't matter if other shows are allowed to be included b/c if any soap person is in it they'll win. I mean seriously how many fans of Dr. Oz will watch the Daytime Emmys online for him?
Edited by blueskies, Jun 11 2014, 04:32 PM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

thepadange
This is not a first for the Daytime Emmy's....they had two fan voted awards back in 2002 for Favorite Couple and Favorite Villain....DAYS took both awards with Bo/Hope (PR/KA) for couple and Sami (AS) for Villain....none of them were even allowed to accept at the stage and instead were given their award in their seat. In fact I believe PR/KA did not even attend the awards due to it being in NY and DAYS being virtually shut-out of nominations.

It was a big waste of time then and I am sure it will be again this year.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 11 2014, 05:08 PM.

OliveAnn

thepadange
Wasn't this done 10 years ago already? So, it's not really "a first" then, is it?

OliveAnn

Mitchapalooza
Jun 11 2014, 05:05 PM
thepadange
This is not a first for the Daytime Emmy's....they had two fan voted awards back in the mid 2000's for Favorite Couple and Favorite Villain....DAYS took both awards with Bo/Hope (PR/KA) for couple and Sami (AS) for Villain....none of them were even allowed to accept at the stage and instead were given their award in their seat.

You beat me to it. Or did we post simultaneously?

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNEHVRAPdTM

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 11 2014, 05:05 PM
thepadange
This is not a first for the Daytime Emmy's....they had two fan voted awards back in 2002 for Favorite Couple and Favorite Villain....DAYS took both awards with Bo/Hope (PR/KA) for couple and Sami (AS) for Villain....none of them were even allowed to accept at the stage and instead were given their award in their seat. In fact I believe PR/KA did not even attend the awards due to it being in NY and DAYS being virtually shut-out of nominations.

Posted something similar to this in the Days social media thread, lol. I knew I wasn't imagining things and that this already happened.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

thepadange
Eeegh... this is so gonna go to Sami.....

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

It might be interesting to see where things stand. Days had the craziest fanbase for most of the SOD awards run, but GH was slaughtering them for a couple years towards the end.

I would have to say that while this board and most boards actually are mostly Days-heavy that GH has a quite a bit higher Twitter population. I don't know about Facebook since I avoid it like the plague. I would say its definitely between these two soaps though. Y&R and B&B probably don't stand a chance even though they're the highest rated soaps. Look where most of their numbers come from...people that fall asleep watching TPIR.

Marlene

Mitchapalooza
Jun 11 2014, 05:09 PM

I'm sorry. That was lame. I know someone mentioned up thread that PR wasn't even there, if they had been on stage to accept, but...

Sorry, it was so bad I'm at a loss for words.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

DiMeraFan67
Jun 12 2014, 09:41 AM
It might be interesting to see where things stand. Days had the craziest fanbase for most of the SOD awards run, but GH was slaughtering them for a couple years towards the end.

I would have to say that while this board and most boards actually are mostly Days-heavy that GH has a quite a bit higher Twitter population. I don't know about Facebook since I avoid it like the plague. I would say its definitely between these two soaps though. Y&R and B&B probably don't stand a chance even though they're the highest rated soaps. Look where most of their numbers come from...people that fall asleep watching TPIR.
Only when the awards were still SOD magazine balloted...the year the awards voting was held online DAYS won every single category they were nominated in and reclaimed Best Show from GH.

As for Twitter....GH official handle has 140K followers while DAYS official handles have 182K.

Y&R has 104K and B&B has 56K.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 12 2014, 10:16 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 12 2014, 10:16 AM
DiMeraFan67
Jun 12 2014, 09:41 AM

Only when the awards were still SOD magazine balloted...the year the awards voting was held online DAYS won every single category they were nominated in and reclaimed Best Show from GH.

As for Twitter....GH official handle has 140K followers while DAYS official handles have 182K.

Y&R has 104K and B&B has 56K.
Wow those follower numbers are flat out pitiful for Y&R and BB.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I guess the followers shows something in Days' favor but twitter almost explodes daily while GH is on and Days just isn't like that. But combining Twitter, Facebook, etc. Days might catch up or surpass GH. I'm assuming this new award is going to be all online voting.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Facebook Followers:

1.) GH = 1,262,856
2.) Y&R = 1,222,665
3.) DAYS = 1,171,128
4.) B&B = 468,248

blueskies
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 12 2014, 12:06 PM
Facebook Followers:

1.) GH = 1,262,856
2.) Y&R = 1,222,665
3.) DAYS = 1,171,128
4.) B&B = 468,248
I find this interesting. B/c this means either,

1. More Days/GH fans really do watch online/other format that isn't counted
2. YR/BB fans just aren't as technologically savy
3. Days/GH have more fans who watch "occassionally"
4. Days/GH fans simply care more about the shows
5. Some combo of the above

blueskies
Member Avatar

DiMeraFan67
Jun 12 2014, 10:45 AM
I guess the followers shows something in Days' favor but twitter almost explodes daily while GH is on and Days just isn't like that. But combining Twitter, Facebook, etc. Days might catch up or surpass GH. I'm assuming this new award is going to be all online voting.
IDK, my twitter does explode when Days is on. Then there's a steady stream at night when people are watching. Although I admit I don't follow many GH fans so I can't compare the two.
Edited by blueskies, Jun 12 2014, 12:29 PM.

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 12 2014, 12:28 PM
DiMeraFan67
Jun 12 2014, 10:45 AM
IDK, my twitter does explode when Days is on. Then there's a steady stream at night when people are watching. Although I admit I don't follow many GH fans so I can't compare the two.
My TL explodes for both shows because I follow the actors and people who watch those shows, but if you just stream the #DAYS hashtag vs. #GH its crazy to see how many more people are discussing GH.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jun 12 2014, 12:25 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jun 12 2014, 12:06 PM
Facebook Followers:

1.) GH = 1,262,856
2.) Y&R = 1,222,665
3.) DAYS = 1,171,128
4.) B&B = 468,248
I find this interesting. B/c this means either,

1. More Days/GH fans really do watch online/other format that isn't counted
2. YR/BB fans just aren't as technologically savy
3. Days/GH have more fans who watch "occassionally"
4. Days/GH fans simply care more about the shows
5. Some combo of the above
I think that especially 2. applies, and even more accurately, I don't think it's necessarily even about "savvyness" but about not being interested in using. Also, Y&R viewers especially are older in average than Days or GH......

Also 1. definitely holds true I think. And also 3.

Y&R especially is a show that is watched every day no matter how horrid and awful that show is, those viewers cannot not watch because it is a big part of their routine.... whereas I think much more Days and GH viewers actually do not watch if they don't want to.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

I agree that GH/DAYS have more occasional viewers than B&B/Y&R....I also agree that they have WAY more viewers who watch the show in other media (not TV) than B&B/Y&R.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply