Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Emmys will NOT air on TV this year; To be live streamed over the internet instead
Topic Started: Jun 5 2014, 03:37 PM (1,994 Views)
thepadange

41st Annual Daytime Emmy Nominee Reception
http://soaps.sheknows.com/coverage/id/325/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

thepadange
Jun 13 2014, 07:58 AM
41st Annual Daytime Emmy Nominee Reception
http://soaps.sheknows.com/coverage/id/325/
So basically those attending are Y&R/B&B. ED is the only one from DAYS showing up to this and Bryan Craig is the only nominee from GH showing up.
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 13 2014, 10:54 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Quote:

Daytime Emmy Awards@DaytimeEmmys · 46m

We're so excited to announce the host of this year's #DaytimeEmmys - The one and only, @kathygriffin!

omg i love this. Not only will she be a pretty good host (imho), we'll get snarky comments later. I'm still curious who the young soap starlet was who passed out in the bathroom last year during the show!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

NATAS reports the website has now been made to be more "user friendly". Also,

"For the first time NATAS publicly acknowledges that there will be a red carpet presentation, which Soap Opera Network has learned will take place beginning approximately at 5:30 PM EST/2:30 PM PST through 7:30 PM EST/4:30 PM PST. You’ll recall NATAS put out a casting call for hosts of its red carpet/social media presentation last week. The awards itself will begin at 8:00 PM EST/5:00 PM PST.

In addition to the red carpet presentation, users of social media are being asked to use hashtag #DaytimeEmmys, where they can follow all things related to the Daytime Emmy Awards now through the conclusion of Emmy night."

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Kathy Griffin is the PERFECT person to host this. At least the show will be hilarious!

ShaneDOOLFan

http://emmyonline.com/day_41st_review_videos

These are the two shows that all the shows submitted for Best Daytime Drama.

blueskies
Member Avatar

ShaneDOOLFan
Jun 13 2014, 10:20 PM
http://emmyonline.com/day_41st_review_videos

These are the two shows that all the shows submitted for Best Daytime Drama.
thanks! watching the Days ones now, I'm realizing people might wonder if the eppis are out of order given Brady and Kristen have just exploded in the first and they are exploding in the second.

Another thought, when exactly is the last time we saw Parker?

Edit: gawd I forgot how much I hated that they kept cutting into the wedding with Cameron/Jordan and Abby/Daniel. At least Nicole/Rafe made some sense given what she was upset about. Totally detracts from the second eppi, imho.
Edited by blueskies, Jun 14 2014, 09:58 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

so i doubt she'll read it, but I tweeted Kathy Griffin a link to the Days nomination vids, I hope she'll actually watch all of them (the other shows too) so she'll have some soap material too.

blueskies
Member Avatar

so i just finished them, and the Y&R and Days reels are just so different it's tough to compare. I can't say I'd be surprised if YR won, but Days has very strong reels of their own.

I'd probably rank them,

1. Days
2. Y&R (it's 1 storyline, that's it; I don't think one story should get you the emmy)
3. OLTL
4. B&B

I really found the tv show stuff on B&B tedious. The confrontation was pretty good though.

OLTL was good, but it was a bit slow in places. All in all I thought it was a strong showing.

My last comment is watching all the other submissions really makes me realize how much less money Days has. It's production values just really aren't as good as the rest. Although I'm guessing the Y&R scenes (with the cars, and probably the parking lot and market) were set up just for that sequence, so they probably had gone all out for that. And OLTL trying to move online, I know they poured a lot into it. It just makes me wish Days could do some more group shoots mainly.

Edit: last comment about the reels, OMG I forgot how cute Lumi are! I miss them :(
Edited by blueskies, Jun 14 2014, 02:15 PM.

ShaneDOOLFan

blueskies
Jun 14 2014, 02:03 PM
so i just finished them, and the Y&R and Days reels are just so different it's tough to compare. I can't say I'd be surprised if YR won, but Days has very strong reels of their own.

I'd probably rank them,

1. Days
2. Y&R (it's 1 storyline, that's it; I don't think one story should get you the emmy)
3. OLTL
4. B&B

I really found the tv show stuff on B&B tedious. The confrontation was pretty good though.

OLTL was good, but it was a bit slow in places. All in all I thought it was a strong showing.

My last comment is watching all the other submissions really makes me realize how much less money Days has. It's production values just really aren't as good as the rest. Although I'm guessing the Y&R scenes (with the cars, and probably the parking lot and market) were set up just for that sequence, so they probably had gone all out for that. And OLTL trying to move online, I know they poured a lot into it. It just makes me wish Days could do some more group shoots mainly.

Edit: last comment about the reels, OMG I forgot how cute Lumi are! I miss them :(
totally agree. The emmy should go to DOOL because both episodes involved much of the cast and several storylines. Thats what a Daytime Drama should have, not just one noted.
Edited by ShaneDOOLFan, Jun 14 2014, 08:54 PM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Jun 12 2014, 01:13 PM
blueskies
Jun 12 2014, 12:25 PM
Mitchapalooza
Jun 12 2014, 12:06 PM
Facebook Followers:

1.) GH = 1,262,856
2.) Y&R = 1,222,665
3.) DAYS = 1,171,128
4.) B&B = 468,248
I find this interesting. B/c this means either,

1. More Days/GH fans really do watch online/other format that isn't counted
2. YR/BB fans just aren't as technologically savy
3. Days/GH have more fans who watch "occassionally"
4. Days/GH fans simply care more about the shows
5. Some combo of the above
I think that especially 2. applies, and even more accurately, I don't think it's necessarily even about "savvyness" but about not being interested in using. Also, Y&R viewers especially are older in average than Days or GH......

Also 1. definitely holds true I think. And also 3.

Y&R especially is a show that is watched every day no matter how horrid and awful that show is, those viewers cannot not watch because it is a big part of their routine.... whereas I think much more Days and GH viewers actually do not watch if they don't want to.
i had to go and look at the FB pages for the other three. GH and Days have very similar interaction levels, about 10K people "like" each post. Y&R though is shockingly low around 3.5K, and B&B (which admittedly has less than half of the likes the other three do on FB) is down around 3K per post.

For the bigger daily eppi posts though (like the Gabi/Ari pick from a few days ago) Days got over 23.5K likes. For their storyline based posts, GH got up to 20K for this, "Alexis has Julian rethinking his life of crime as the PCPD closes in, today on #GH."

I admit I find this fascinating. I wish someone would profile the fans for each, I feel like we'd discover deep patterns.

concerned
Member Avatar

Wow I had forgotten how great that first ep was.

Love Lucas and Will and Baby Ari

So glad to see Nick and Gabi in it.

Oh and of course I love the flashback to Johnny suggesting Eric marry Nicole.
Edited by concerned, Jun 15 2014, 12:07 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

The 5/30 eppi is really soap gold.... there is everything that was right in the soap world during that time

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply