Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Gabi leaves for prison
Topic Started: Jun 6 2014, 01:01 AM (5,229 Views)
Kaha
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jun 7 2014, 11:49 AM
Kaha
Jun 7 2014, 10:40 AM
tomsawyer
Jun 7 2014, 09:31 AM
WilSonJAb33
Jun 6 2014, 11:32 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
You know, Rafe trying to take over in regards to Ari could actually be a good story. It would fit with his history of trying to insert himself as the father when he thinks the real father (namely EJ) is unfit. If he finds out about Will shooting EJ, Sonny getting the gun to kill Nick, Ejami's plan to off Nick, and everybody's involvement in the cover-up of Nick's drowning, I could definitely see him deciding that Ari needs better parental influences around her. It could start small with his demanding to be involved in more decisions and then escalate if Wilson shows reluctance. To me, that could be a natural conflict based on character history.
That could work if Rafe didn't have questionable ethics. He covered up Sami shooting EJ, Gabi's role in Melanie's kidnapping, and he lied about the paternity of two of EJ's offspring.

In any case, regardless of the agreement, Will still has every right to restrict Rafe access to his daughter. He can visit her but he has no say about anything, except what Will allows him. But I highly doubt they'll have any conflict. I can see Rafe interfering though. Rafe is always throwing shade at WilSon whenever he visits the apartment (grocery shopping, christmas tree, etc) so I have no doubt in my mind that he'll find a way to interfere.
All Rafe wants is to be part of his neice's life......is that a crime? He can help her learn about her Hispanic heritage. And there's no guarantee that Sonny will always be Will's husband and Arianna's stepfather, but Rafe will always be her uncle.
I was responding to tomsawyer's idea of a potential conflict for WilSon and Rafe. I didn't minimize or say anything about Rafe's role in his niece's life. As for Sonny, I think the show has established in many ways that he's more than a step-father to Ari.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sillibella
Member Avatar

Kaha
Jun 7 2014, 04:18 PM
camera shy
Kaha
tomsawyer

That could work if Rafe didn't have questionable ethics. He covered up Sami shooting EJ, Gabi's role in Melanie's kidnapping, and he lied about the paternity of two of EJ's offspring.

In any case, regardless of the agreement, Will still has every right to restrict Rafe access to his daughter. He can visit her but he has no say about anything, except what Will allows him. But I highly doubt they'll have any conflict. I can see Rafe interfering though. Rafe is always throwing shade at WilSon whenever he visits the apartment (grocery shopping, christmas tree, etc) so I have no doubt in my mind that he'll find a way to interfere.
All Rafe wants is to be part of his neice's life......is that a crime? He can help her learn about her Hispanic heritage. And there's no guarantee that Sonny will always be Will's husband and Arianna's stepfather, but Rafe will always be her uncle.
I was responding to tomsawyer's idea of a potential conflict for WilSon and Rafe. I didn't minimize or say anything about Rafe's role in his niece's life. As for Sonny, I think the show has established in many ways that he's more than a step-father to Ari.
Agreed. Anybody who thinks that Sonny is merely Ari's stepfather isn't watching the same show I am or isn't giving the WilSon + Ari story or Sonny's character enough credit, imo. That being said, I think that GG's comment about Rafe wanting to help raise Ari is really being blown up and most likely isn't a big deal at all. Yeah, obviously Rafe is going to let Gabi's incarceration effect him but I still think that the majority of his storyline is still going to deal with Jordan. Her secret isn't going to come out until Nov sweeps and I'm thinking that Rafe will be a part of that. Rafe will probably just want to spend more time with Ari and teach her how to speak spanish and tell her all about Gabi but that's probably about it. I would laugh my ass off if Rafe starts showing up at WilSon's apartment at all hours wanting to spend time with his niece. Just picturing him trying to take over the role of father is really funny. Yeah, unfortunately, it would fit his character but I'm not sure I see it happening this time. Also, Rafe thinking that he would be a better role model for Ari is definitely very laughable. Nobody in Salem is a saint so Rafe thinking that he's better than most Salemites is really ridiculous. GG said that Rafe is on great terms with WilSon so he'll defintely have access to his niece. I don't see that changing any time soon but I do think we might just get more scenes with Ari and Rafe. Maybe he'll be the designated babysitter...
Edited by sillibella, Jun 7 2014, 05:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

sillibella
Jun 7 2014, 05:28 PM
Kaha
Jun 7 2014, 04:18 PM
camera shy
Kaha

Agreed. Anybody who thinks that Sonny is merely Ari's stepfather isn't watching the same show I am or isn't giving the WilSon + Ari story or Sonny's character enough credit, imo. That being said, I think that GG's comment about Rafe wanting to help raise Ari is really being blown up and most likely isn't a big deal at all. Yeah, obviously Rafe is going to let Gabi's incarceration effect him but I still think that the majority of his storyline is still going to deal with Jordan. Her secret isn't going to come out until Nov sweeps and I'm thinking that Rafe will be a part of that. Rafe will probably just want to spend more time with Ari and teach her how to speak spanish and tell her all about Gabi but that's probably about it. I would laugh my ass off if Rafe starts showing up at WilSon's apartment at all hours wanting to spend time with his niece. Just picturing him trying to take over the role of father is really funny. Yeah, unfortunately, it would fit his character but I'm not sure I see it happening this time. Also, Rafe thinking that he would be a better role model for Ari is definitely very laughable. Nobody in Salem is a saint so Rafe thinking that he's better than most Salemites is really ridiculous. GG said that Rafe is on great terms with WilSon so he'll defintely have access to his niece. I don't see that changing any time soon but I do think we might just get more scenes with Ari and Rafe. Maybe he'll be the designated babysitter...
Yes but it Good relationship with Will & Sonny and the simple work of Access about being able to see his niece grow up I wonder how specific or general Gabi was in terms of what that means. If Gabi was to general about it writers would find a way to make conflict there, we were never told the access wording EJ used in regarding to being allow to remain in Arianna's life even if Gabi was dead or out of her daughter life for other reason in this case Jail. He blew it with Gabi, want I don't want to see writers do but that could from drama sake if have Rafe try to make this up to Gabi who in jail by doing right by his niece but failed his sister. I don't think Will or Sonny would look to kindly on Rafe in that instance, also Gabi so called agreement really only works of Rafe continues to respect that fact that Will & Sonny are in fact a family with Arianna. It wouldn't be out of character for Rafe to attempt to try to spend more time with Arianna that the guys got too... if the way Rafe takes Gabi's access to his niece turns out to means babysitting and getting to spend time with her on Days both Will & Sonny work and Rafe does (this I could see Will & Sonny being ok with and I can ever see writers going her). SOD can blow things out of proportion... what I don't want to see and free is it sounds like Rafe touch Gabi a lot in her earlier years what I hope writers don't do is have rafe think its out to teach Arianna to walk when really Will & Sonny should have the right to teach her that as her fathers, if Arianna merely as any child would simple take her first steps on her own and just happens to be with Rafe that is different. My nephew took his first steps and my brother in law wasn't home but my mom and I were there with my sister... when he did.

Days writers I cant' help up wonder if at some point Will & Sonny might need to set some boundaries with Rafe merely because of all Rafe taught Gabi as a child, that he could see his niece as the re-do change no not because Will or Sonny are bad father just that Rafe guilt about Gabi doesn't let him look clearly enough at the length him might wind up going too, after at he seems to push Jordan away when all she wants is to be the person Rafe leans on. Sonny is more of a father to Arianna I think then we've seen others Currently Bo in the end being to Ciara... but might be the parents bio child like the bo/Ciara situation that I point out.
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Jun 7 2014, 06:00 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sillibella
Member Avatar

Kaha
tomsawyer
WilSonJAb33
nananana7
Jun 6 2014, 11:21 PM

Rafe seems to be possible implying he might want more involvement that what Gabi might have set up if that the case that were I think Will might ask the court to change the agreement that Gabi had set up as far as her brother. I don't think Will & Sonny would do so if they had another choice and it implies that RAFE wants to act as yet another parent to Arianna maybe it just a phrasing of the article we have to wait and see what Rafe actual says to his sister...

There is also the issue of the fact of how Rafe takes the word access to mean... which might become an issue in Rafe state of mind. But again unless Rafe seriously over steps I don't think Will is going to do a thing. I think there might be times were Will & Sonny might need to tell Rafe they have family or other plans But from how SOD states things we will have to see how exactly Rafe interprets the meaning that does effect him.

I think Rafe intent with what Gabi put into the custody agreement regarding her brother, Rafe view on what the phrasing means I think won't be seen till Rafe says whatever he does to Gabi. But if he implies wanting actual say in raising her (that could be were Will has an issue) If Rafe keeps it about simply wanting to stay in his nieces life as Gabi asked that I don't think Will have an issue..

SOD seems to imply Rafe might want to take on role as a third parent to the child and what Gabi set up doesn't necessarily allow Rafe that... it just guarantee's he get to be in his nieces life. But Will becomes his daughter primary care taker so depends on the phrasing if Rafe over steps my understanding is that Gabi agreement can be alters either to remove Rafe from the picture all together or futher imply what ACCESS means as Arianna uncle... legally Will on obligated to allow Gabi form the agreement to stand if issues surface with Rafe at least that what my dad tells me , Will would need to ask a judge to change it but I don't see that being a solution Will went to immediately I think it would be a last resort solution.

SOD could be over stating what it is Rafe says to his sister about her daughter... if they are then the are but if Rafe take access to mean several hours every day with his niece then I could see Will having an issue with how Rafe takes what Gabi put in the custody agreement. I think a lot depends on if Rafe suggests to Gabi what his idea of ACCESS means of Gabi wasn't more specific.
You know, Rafe trying to take over in regards to Ari could actually be a good story. It would fit with his history of trying to insert himself as the father when he thinks the real father (namely EJ) is unfit. If he finds out about Will shooting EJ, Sonny getting the gun to kill Nick, Ejami's plan to off Nick, and everybody's involvement in the cover-up of Nick's drowning, I could definitely see him deciding that Ari needs better parental influences around her. It could start small with his demanding to be involved in more decisions and then escalate if Wilson shows reluctance. To me, that could be a natural conflict based on character history.

If you could refresh my memory...how did Rafe throw shade at WilSon concerning the grocery store or with a christmas tree? I sincerely don't remember.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

sillibella
Jun 7 2014, 06:46 PM
Kaha
tomsawyer
WilSonJAb33

If you could refresh my memory...how did Rafe throw shade at WilSon concerning the grocery store or with a christmas tree? I sincerely don't remember.
Rafe thought they should have one, and for whatever the reason he felt the lack of them having one feel on the guys shoulder making the assumption his sister was rightfully busy with his niece there for Will & Sonny should have made sure they had a tree it was just plan stupid.

I agree Rafe doesn't know how NOT to interfere so unless Rafe does so in a big way I don' think Will is going to do anything but if Rafe interferes in a way that even Gabi would've had said something to her brother then I think Will would/will do something. What it comes down to is this yes Gabi made sure that Rafe would remain in his nieces life but custody complete custody due to Gabi being in jail is Will's. A major difference one Rafe might not recognize with some help.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sillibella
Member Avatar

WilSonJAb33
Jun 7 2014, 07:24 PM
sillibella
Kaha
tomsawyer

Rafe thought they should have one, and for whatever the reason he felt the lack of them having one feel on the guys shoulder making the assumption his sister was rightfully busy with his niece there for Will & Sonny should have made sure they had a tree it was just plan stupid.

I agree Rafe doesn't know how NOT to interfere so unless Rafe does so in a big way I don' think Will is going to do anything but if Rafe interferes in a way that even Gabi would've had said something to her brother then I think Will would/will do something. What it comes down to is this yes Gabi made sure that Rafe would remain in his nieces life but custody complete custody due to Gabi being in jail is Will's. A major difference one Rafe might not recognize with some help.
But they did have a Christmas tree. I remember because it was plain but with a few ornaments on it...they've heard of colors other than red and white, right? Judging by his assortment of shirts, I know Sonny definitely has.

Anyway...the grocery store thing with Gabi and Rafe just happened a couple weeks ago, right? Wasn't this at the point where the guys were both down at the police station with Will confessing and Sonny "trying" to pull his husband's head out of his own ass? I could've sworn... :rolleyes:
Edited by sillibella, Jun 7 2014, 09:28 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

sillibella
Jun 7 2014, 09:25 PM
WilSonJAb33
sillibella
Kaha

But they did have a Christmas tree. I remember because it was plain but with a few ornaments on it...they've heard of colors other than red and white, right? Judging by his assortment of shirts, I know Sonny definitely has.

Anyway...the grocery store thing with Gabi and Rafe just happened a couple weeks ago, right? Wasn't this at the point where the guys were both down at the police station with Will confessing and Sonny "trying" to pull his husband's head out of his own ass? I could've sworn... :rolleyes:
You're right about the grocery store comment. As for the Christmas tree, I don't think it was that big a deal. It was around the time when the Coven were worried about Mr. Greetings, before Sonny found out. Rafe and Jordan visited the apartment and before they left, Rafe said to Gabi something like: "tell those guys to get off their asses and get a christmas tree. What are they waiting for?"
Offline Profile Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

sillibella
Jun 7 2014, 09:25 PM
WilSonJAb33
sillibella
Kaha

Not at the time Rafe made the comment they didn't but that year they eventually did
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but do we actually see Gabi carted off to prison?
Edited by DaysAddiction, Jun 8 2014, 02:22 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

DaysAddiction
Jun 8 2014, 02:21 AM
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but do we actually see Gabi carted off to prison?
She hasn't been carted off yet. I don't think she's even seen the inside of a cell.
Offline Profile Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

camera shy
Jun 8 2014, 08:15 AM
DaysAddiction
Jun 8 2014, 02:21 AM
She hasn't been carted off yet. I don't think she's even seen the inside of a cell.
as of Friday' episode it hasn't moved past the day that Gabi confessed and Will was clearly yet. Also I presume that she not been in a jail cell because her confession has yet to be signed since it not late in the Days I presuming that the DA is trying to get it signed the same day once it is written up officially.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

I just read the whole article. Am I crazy to think that the thing that Rafe does is to marry Kate?
Offline Profile Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Jun 8 2014, 04:02 PM
I just read the whole article. Am I crazy to think that the thing that Rafe does is to marry Kate?
Yes because Kate confront EJ & Sami saying there can only be ONE Mrs. Demira and claiming herself at it... it seems like Kate & Stefano might be out to stop EJ & Sami's wedding.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Mouse Mom

Okay, if someone wants to lay blame for the deaths of Jack and Madison at Gabi's door, then you really have to take the chain of accountability back one more step. Who owns the tunnel? I am guessing no matter who owns the building, the city owns the tunnel. So, the tunnel was in disrepair, even to the point of being dangerous. That means the owner of the tunnel was responsible for either maintaining the tunnel or closing it off so non essential persons could not access the tunnel. Oh, then we need to include the inspectors. Pretty obvious the tunnels had not been inspected lately, or if they had, no one followed up to make sure it was brought up to safety standards. Oh, and let us not stop there, the person or entity that originally caused the tunnel to be built, well now, if the tunnel had never been built, the situation could never have happened. Oh, wait, the mom that gave birth to the person that had the tunnel built, she is the root of the problem, if the child had never been born that grew up to have the tunnel built, well, none of this would have happened. See how silly that is? At some point there has to be a reasonable point of accountability, otherwise you could just keep going back and back. I think the blame stops at Andrew. Don't have to agree with me, but that is my opinion.
Edited by Mouse Mom, Jun 8 2014, 11:36 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

Mouse Mom
Jun 8 2014, 11:35 PM
Okay, if someone wants to lay blame for the deaths of Jack and Madison at Gabi's door, then you really have to take the chain of accountability back one more step. Who owns the tunnel? I am guessing no matter who owns the building, the city owns the tunnel. So, the tunnel was in disrepair, even to the point of being dangerous. That means the owner of the tunnel was responsible for either maintaining the tunnel or closing it off so non essential persons could not access the tunnel. Oh, then we need to include the inspectors. Pretty obvious the tunnels had not been inspected lately, or if they had, no one followed up to make sure it was brought up to safety standards. Oh, and let us not stop there, the person or entity that originally caused the tunnel to be built, well now, if the tunnel had never been built, the situation could never have happened. Oh, wait, the mom that gave birth to the person that had the tunnel built, she is the root of the problem, if the child had never been born that grew up to have the tunnel built, well, none of this would have happened. See how silly that is? At some point there has to be a reasonable point of accountability, otherwise you could just keep going back and back. I think the blame stops at Andrew. Don't have to agree with me, but that is my opinion.
I respect your opinion but I have to disagree. I think Gabi is responsible for her own actions. She could have prevented Melanie's kidnapping and the tunnel explosion but she let it get out of hand. This is not to say I think she purposely caused an explosion because I don't think that at all but I think she was the indirect cause of the explosion. In terms of Andrew she panicked which made the situation with Andrew worse. That's just my opinion.
Edited by DaysAddiction, Jun 9 2014, 01:24 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

six
Member Avatar

What it comes down to is whether you could reasonably predict that something would go wrong as a result of your bad act. Having a baby and building a tunnel are not bad acts. I think that the people who were supposed to do something about the fumes and didn't bother are responsible and IRL, they'd have to pay the victims' families. And their actions are almost exactly like Gabi's. It was their responsibility to prevent a tragedy from happening and they didn't bother.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

gailwinters
When I read the entire article I got that feeling too...then I dismissed it quickly because the thought of that is just cray.
Offline Profile Goto Top

gailwinters
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jun 9 2014, 08:26 AM
gailwinters
When I read the entire article I got that feeling too...then I dismissed it quickly because the thought of that is just cray.
Oh, it's definitely cray. That's probably why it occurred to me in the first place! :P

I'm just glad I'm not the only one who had that thought, however fleeting.

Edited by gailwinters, Jun 9 2014, 09:45 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jam6242
Member Avatar

gailwinters
Oh dear. Didn't the summer preview say there would be a surprise pair getting married, or something to that effect?
Offline Profile Goto Top

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jun 9 2014, 10:16 AM
gailwinters
Oh dear. Didn't the summer preview say there would be a surprise pair getting married, or something to that effect?
unfortunately there is Kate & Stefano stuff from the promo that wouldn't fit to the theory that Rafe marries Kate
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Jun 9 2014, 04:29 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic