Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
about.com interview with Daniel Cosgrove
Topic Started: Jun 6 2014, 02:42 AM (1,599 Views)
thepadange

http://daysofourlives.about.com/od/interviews/fl/Daniel-Cosgrove-If-Its-Written-Delicately-Hope-and-Aiden-Can-Work.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

leela46
Member Avatar

I wonder when this interview was done. I get the impression the relationship still hasn't moved along very far. He does say that Hope is married, I hadn't been sure if Hope and Bo had ever gotten remarried. So if Hope wants to move on with Aiden I guess she'll have to decide to divorce Bo.

I do believe that there is more support for Haiden than DC thinks. Yes there are still fans who will never accept Hope with anyone but Bo. But I'm also reading a lot of support for Hope and Aiden on different message boards. There does seem to be a lot of feeling though that the Bo situation should be resolved before Hope becomes involved with someone else.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar
Someone's been a good girl this year. ;-)

Thanks! Great interview! :D So looking forward to the good Haiden scenes coming up!! :yahoo:

Even though viewers appear to be open to Hope and Aiden, DC is still walking a fine line and he clearly knows and understands that. He comes across as such a sweetheart! He is so humble! :wub:

Marlene

Does anyone know how old the picture of DC is in the article. I didn't recognize him at all. His face appears rounded on TV (at least on mine).
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

I really really like DC and I really am starting to love Haiden....Bo who?

DiMeraFan67
Member Avatar

I'll never be at the "Bo who?" level because I think Bo Brady is one of the top 3 characters in the history of the show. But I fully accept Hope and Aiden as a pairing and I want to see it explored. I do appreciate the slow build, but they could be using Aiden to do other things just so we get to see more of him. It felt like we hadn't seen him for a month before his park bench scenes with Hope. They were really good (although most of the lifting was done by Kristian.)

I see the chemistry and potential. I've always been a Daniel Cosgrove fan anyway and was a big fan of the Scott/Madison pairing at the end of All My Children. I shipped the hell out of them. I'm really interested to see how Salem will be split on things when Hope starts moving on.

We don't know what is REALLY going on with Bo, but as far as Hope is concerned he is just off doing his own things, even if his reasons are to protect his family. He's still not there for all of the things Ciara and Hope need him for. I'm still assuming that Bo is being held captive somewhere and whenever PR does return down the line (he will) that will be revealed. In the meantime I see nothing wrong with Hope getting fed up with this.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

MissFancyFace
Jun 6 2014, 04:18 AM
Thanks! Great interview! :D So looking forward to the good Haiden scenes coming up!! :yahoo:

Even though viewers appear to be open to Hope and Aiden, DC is still walking a fine line and he clearly knows and understands that. He comes across as such a sweetheart! He is so humble! :wub:
Just wanted to say love your Haiden banner :wub: Love Daniel's interview :D

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Love you banner, MissFancyFace. There is a also "haiden page on facebook look it up.

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

Such a great read. The show has done a great job so far with Haiden. I'm really loving them.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

Aaww thanks Fafokahw and rknudson78!! :hug: :hug:

We could and SHOULD be getting more Haiden, instead TIIC continue to shove their precious Fetch down our throats. :bleep: :headbang:

leela46
Member Avatar

MissFancyFace
Jun 8 2014, 01:09 AM
Aaww thanks Fafokahw and rknudson78!! :hug: :hug:

We could and SHOULD be getting more Haiden, instead TIIC continue to shove their precious Fetch down our throats. :bleep: :headbang:
I agree. If Days wants to have forty-something couple on the frontburner, why not have a couple that fans actually like. Yes, there are Bope diehards that are still clamoring for Bo come back. But at least on the message boards I've seen, there's a lot more support for Haiden than for Fetch. I know Days is taking it slow with Haiden, but they will be taping November sweeps soon. I hope Hope and Aiden are in somewhat of a romantic relationship by then.

Love your banner too MissFancyFace.

james0479
Member Avatar

For as long as it's been, if I were Hope I'd have to have some real deep conversations with Bo and if he still decided whatever the hell he's doin is more important at this stage in life than being with me and watching our daughter grow up and helping me with all that's going on then Id be giving John some paperwork to deliver to him. Sometimes the noble thing to do is be a hero for your family and he has basically abandoned them at this point. Move on Hope!

mer4santo
Member Avatar

I didn't know DC from his other shows but I'm liking the character and hope to see more of him onscreen.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

I continue to appreciate Daniel's style of responses in his interviews. He's always very understanding of his position being an outsider with a probable future pairing with the female half of Bope. I have yet to get the sense that he hopes that Haiden will be the greatest couple that ever lived. It's almost like he'd be satisfied if people were just willing to give the couple a chance and not just immediately dismiss them.

I have absolutely no objections to Hope & Aiden's journey to togetherness being a long and slow one. The way they've set things up thus far, they've got both Hope & Aiden not really being in a position to be in a relationship. Aiden's still dealing with the aftermath of his wife's death (or something like that - we'll have to wait & find out the details at some point), & Hope's still technically married (though she doesn't have a clue if Bo's actually alive or not, or if/when he's coming home). It sounds like they're going to explore both Hope and Aiden's individual situations, and maybe have them be there for the other as they go through whatever it is they need to go through.

As I've said before, I'm here for the ride, so long as Hope doesn't get written completely OOC. I'd still prefer Bo be dead, but I may be open to an alternative IF it's written properly and makes sense - that means that we actually see what's going on in Hope's head, not get a summary of her thoughts at some point down the line.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

Thanks leela46! :hug:

10 minutes of Haiden once a week/every other week >>> 5 Days of Fetch and Fetch-lite (Jafe).

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jun 8 2014, 12:48 PM
I continue to appreciate Daniel's style of responses in his interviews. He's always very understanding of his position being an outsider with a probable future pairing with the female half of Bope. I have yet to get the sense that he hopes that Haiden will be the greatest couple that ever lived. It's almost like he'd be satisfied if people were just willing to give the couple a chance and not just immediately dismiss them.

I have absolutely no objections to Hope & Aiden's journey to togetherness being a long and slow one. The way they've set things up thus far, they've got both Hope & Aiden not really being in a position to be in a relationship. Aiden's still dealing with the aftermath of his wife's death (or something like that - we'll have to wait & find out the details at some point), & Hope's still technically married (though she doesn't have a clue if Bo's actually alive or not, or if/when he's coming home). It sounds like they're going to explore both Hope and Aiden's individual situations, and maybe have them be there for the other as they go through whatever it is they need to go through.

As I've said before, I'm here for the ride, so long as Hope doesn't get written completely OOC. I'd still prefer Bo be dead, but I may be open to an alternative IF it's written properly and makes sense - that means that we actually see what's going on in Hope's head, not get a summary of her thoughts at some point down the line.
Since TIIC refuse to give Haiden and their daily/weekly struggles more airtime, a summary of Hope's (and Aiden's) thoughts is the most we can expect.

I can appreciate a slow build, but I don't want to have to wait a whole damn year for their first kiss. Or for them to admit their feelings of more than friendship for one another. That worked back in the heydays of Soaps when they had the luxury of being able to take their time building their characters/couples at a snails pace. Not anymore. And it doesn't look like Soaps will be around in 10 or even 5 years, so it's now or never.

leela46
Member Avatar

james0479
Jun 8 2014, 09:42 AM
For as long as it's been, if I were Hope I'd have to have some real deep conversations with Bo and if he still decided whatever the hell he's doin is more important at this stage in life than being with me and watching our daughter grow up and helping me with all that's going on then Id be giving John some paperwork to deliver to him. Sometimes the noble thing to do is be a hero for your family and he has basically abandoned them at this point. Move on Hope!
Unfortunately Hope can't talk to Bo about the situation. He's so deep undercover no-one can communicate with him. I'm fanwanking what Bo is doing as something of a mid-life crisis. He didn't want to be just a cop anymore, but he still wanted to do something important. I see what he's doing as kind of like the cops who went undercover with the mob years ago. They had to completely cut themselves off from their families, create whole new identities and immerse themselves in their mission. These undercover jobs sometimes lasted years. Bo loves his wife and family, but has this overwhelming need to leave a mark on the world. Besides Bo has run off on adventures and going after bad guys in the past, so this isn't totally out of character.

I appreciate that the writers feel the need to go slowly with Haiden. Thinking of their taping schedule, what we are seeing on screen now was probably filmed back in January before we as an audience were even introduced to Aiden. They had no idea what the response to the character was going to be. Plus I'm sure they are trying to be careful to not anger the Bo fans. But Peter Reckell chose to leave and Kristian/Hope's story shouldn't be held hostage to what his fans want. I'm not saying Haiden should have met and be a couple a month later, but soaps move faster now and this story needs to move faster too.

Soaps may not be around in 10 years, but I'm still hoping Days will be around for another 5 years.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

leela46
Jun 8 2014, 03:08 PM
Thinking of their taping schedule, what we are seeing on screen now was probably filmed back in January before we as an audience were even introduced to Aiden.
You're right. It was. Based on Kristian's tweeted pics, the scenes that aired last week (& the week before) were shot in mid-January.

(which means that, if my assumption about when the Gala takes place is correct, means we should be seeing spoilers for the actual Gala in the next week or two.)

leela46
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jun 8 2014, 03:11 PM
leela46
Jun 8 2014, 03:08 PM
Thinking of their taping schedule, what we are seeing on screen now was probably filmed back in January before we as an audience were even introduced to Aiden.
You're right. It was. Based on Kristian's tweeted pics, the scenes that aired last week (& the week before) were shot in mid-January.

(which means that, if my assumption about when the Gala takes place is correct, means we should be seeing spoilers for the actual Gala in the next week or two.)
I hope you're right about spoilers for the gala being soon. It seems like they've been working on that forever. They better do something about Mr. Dominoes and get the Salem Inn ballroom. I hate to think of the gala being held at the pub or in Horton square. Besides I'm curious to see what the post-gala Haiden story is going to be.

MissFancyFace
Member Avatar

I'm wondering if this gala is kind of replacing the Horton/Brady 4th of July (since it appears that the gala will be held next month)? I would hope not, but I haven't heard anything in spoilers or Summer previews about it. And none of the cast members have tweeted BTS pics hinting at this occasion.

Perhaps I missed something?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply