Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Huge Casting Spoiler
Topic Started: Jun 12 2014, 07:57 PM (10,210 Views)
Tash
Member Avatar

Soap Opera In Depth is all over Twitter saying things like this

Soaps In Depth ABC ‏@soapsindepthabc 38m
Folks, dont ASSUME that if Billy Miller joins #GH, it'll be as Jason. He could play another part. Hed make a great Dillon, for example.

Soaps In Depth ABC ‏@soapsindepthabc 34m
Liz, you just learned the meaning of "be careful what you wish for!" #GH

Soaps In Depth ABC
Liz is pushing her LUCK

Could be nothing r something. I would like to see, if this rumor is true, that he is Lucky or Dillion. I like how Sam has moved on. If they hadn't killed AJ, I would have liked to see the dynamic between the brothers. JJ had a great time on GH, but I think he won't be back. My favorite for Miller? Lucky. I think a nice quad would be Lucky, Liz, Nic, Britt. JMO

Offline Profile Goto Top

Crazygirl
Member Avatar

I'm probably in the minority but I think he would have made a good AJ too. I would like to see him go head to head with Sonny and Carly. I don't need him as Jason so we can have another ass kisser for Sonny. No thank you.
Offline Profile Goto Top

natdot99
Member Avatar

Tash
Jun 13 2014, 02:15 PM

Folks, dont ASSUME that if Billy Miller joins #GH, it'll be as Jason. He could play another part. Hed make a great Dillon, for example.

Soaps In Depth ABC
Liz is pushing her LUCK

Could be nothing r something. I would like to see, if this rumor is true, that he is Lucky or Dillion. I like how Sam has moved on. If they hadn't killed AJ, I would have liked to see the dynamic between the brothers. JJ had a great time on GH, but I think he won't be back. My favorite for Miller? Lucky. I think a nice quad would be Lucky, Liz, Nic, Britt. JMO

The TPTB went on twitter stating that MS was not coming to GH and luckily some fans did not believe them. It just a media smokescreen, BM is coming to GH. At least he will be a sexy JM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

The following was not tweeted at anyone in particular. A fan simply tweeted out to the universe ...

Is this Billy Miller rumor to #GH true?

And ... she got a reply from Doug Davidson who portrays Paul Williams on Y&R:

@Wendy_50
yep
https://twitter.com/DougDavidsonYR/status/477301592610197504
Tweet timestamp 9:09 PM - 12 Jun 2014
-------------------
But wait ...
just now ...

From Grey's Anatomy ‏@MerDerS10 44m
to: @nelliebranco @DougDavidsonYR
confirm that billy miller is coming to #GH!

to: @MerDerS10
That's what I heard... But I don't know for sure. He's an awesome actor and an asset to every show he's on. GH would be lucky!
https://twitter.com/DougDavidsonYR/status/477581803180818432
3:42 PM - 13 Jun 2014
Edited by nananana7, Jun 13 2014, 06:49 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

natdot99
Jun 13 2014, 05:38 PM
Tash
Jun 13 2014, 02:15 PM

Soaps In Depth ABC
Liz is pushing her LUCK

The TPTB went on twitter stating that MS was not coming to GH and luckily some fans did not believe them. It just a media smokescreen, BM is coming to GH. At least he will be a sexy JM.
I don't know if its related but Thaoo Penglis said today that he was asked back. Who knows if its related to Jason or perhaps he's back to play out Nathan's paternity with Obrecht or BOTH.
Offline Profile Goto Top

UKDays
Member Avatar

I hope he's Dillon Quartermaine. Can u imagine the hilarious and witty scenes Billy Miller's Dillon would have with Tracy and Ned. I actually tweeted RC last year, when Billy Miller left Y&R, that they should bring him on as a Dillon recast. Billy Miller could reinvent the character like he did with Billy Abbott on Y&R.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tash
Member Avatar

I just know I do not want another Jason. I love Billy, and I would love to see him as Lucky or Dillion. I have just had enough of all these people surronding Sonny. Billy Miller is far more talented than just an ass kisser. If he was quirky like Dillion, think of him with Maxie. They would have the history with Georgie. He would be a Q. He would have history with Lulu. So many oppurtunties
Offline Profile Goto Top

maconrich
Member Avatar

Dillon would be better since he'd fit into the age group that is barely represented (late teens, 20s and available). As for Jason... No.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Billy Miller would be a great Jason Morgan. I'd love it if he came back with his Jason Quartermaine personality and memories back. Would make a recast more easy imho. He could work as Lucky too. Seems too old for Dillon. I don't think there's a story for Dillon at this point, except maybe for Maxie.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Aquarius
Member Avatar

I want him on the show as Jason Morgan or Lucky Spencer. Either way, I hope he gets screen time with Rebecca Herbst
Offline Profile Goto Top

LPS
Member Avatar

Grandpa Hughes
Jun 13 2014, 12:13 PM
LPS
Jun 13 2014, 11:59 AM
He's a good actor, but I think he's a bit over rated.
Im curious to know what you think about MS as Nina now that she's had a few scenes .
I'm a bit biased because I saw Stafford's shitty acting in her final years on YR- the miscarriage scene. Her scenes with ME were over-the-top, especially , the moronic way she talked.

However, some of her scenes remind of Stafford's scenes in the 90s when she was manipulating Danny.... Her acting peak-which is good. Therefore, I will give her more time before I say she is a hit or a miss.
Offline Profile Goto Top

JarlenaLante
Member Avatar

Don't get me wrong---if Billy Miller is any good (I have zero knowledge of CBS soaps) I am not opposed to having a talented actor on GH. However I can't help but feel that Port Charles needs another character roaming around like a fish needs a damn bicycle. If he is coming back as a recast, I am leaning towards wanting him as Dillon. With AJ gone, there's more of a need IMO for more Quartermaines who act like Q's and live at the mansion (Jason is a Q by blood but he ceased being a part of their stories ages ago). They need someone for Michael to interact with at ELQ, and there are rumors we will be seeing more of Ned this summer so if that's true it would be great to see the brothers together. And frankly after Sonny killed AJ I'm beyond ready for his character to have a rest---not to have his number one enabler back in town.

For some reason despite my lack of knowledge of Billy Miller I just can't envision Lucky coming back to Port Charles anytime soon.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

I really dislike this trend of soaps recasting their aged-legacy characters with younger/cheaper versions.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Ifyouleavemenow

My first thought when I read this was that it was David Tom.... That would be a huge mistake... I LOOOOVE the idea of Billy Miller joining, and frankly I don't even care who he plays, I love his acting and he is a friggin hunk!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Heart
Jun 14 2014, 09:51 AM
I want him on the show as Jason Morgan or Lucky Spencer. Either way, I hope he gets screen time with Rebecca Herbst
Want Lucky with Elizabeth, but definitely NOT Jason.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

LPS
Jun 14 2014, 10:01 AM
Grandpa Hughes
Jun 13 2014, 12:13 PM
LPS
Jun 13 2014, 11:59 AM
He's a good actor, but I think he's a bit over rated.
Im curious to know what you think about MS as Nina now that she's had a few scenes .
I'm a bit biased because I saw Stafford's shitty acting in her final years on YR- the miscarriage scene. Her scenes with ME were over-the-top, especially , the moronic way she talked.

However, some of her scenes remind of Stafford's scenes in the 90s when she was manipulating Danny.... Her acting peak-which is good. Therefore, I will give her more time before I say she is a hit or a miss.
Michelle Stafford's acting as Nina has been very,very good. Michael Easton's has been stilted, and very poor acting choices---most of the time looking as if he's pissed off lol.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kevin_Buchanan
Member Avatar

Ifyouleavemenow
Jun 14 2014, 01:00 PM
My first thought when I read this was that it was David Tom.... That would be a huge mistake... I LOOOOVE the idea of Billy Miller joining, and frankly I don't even care who he plays, I love his acting and he is a friggin hunk!
I think David Tom might work as Dillon or Lucky either one.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Tash
Member Avatar

Dillon is too young for Billy Miller, but is the perfect age for Lucky. With all the stories with the Spencer family, I think he will fill in perfectly. I love Jonathan Jackson, I really do, but I do not think he will be coming back to GH anytime soon
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zuh
Member Avatar

GH has a large cast nonetheless they use it very well..
I like the rotation of stories..
The actors like their time to pursue other projects and GH gives the time to them to do that, by having a larger rotating cast..

Y&R does not do that and so they lost MS and BM and others over that fact they are bound in and not free to do other projects..

Then again, Y&R plays the same handful of characters everyday near without fail, never anything or anyone new to give it a lift..
The same stories and people, everyday.

FV would never cast Billy Miller as AJ or Jason..
It is rare a known soap actor, a star, replaces another star on a different soap..
soap stars can go to another soaps in a roll created for them, but never to replace a star/character with a star known character...

new rolls are offered them..
no vet star wants to replace another vet star character.. ..
Offline Profile Goto Top

maconrich
Member Avatar

Tash
Jun 14 2014, 07:19 PM
Dillon is too young for Billy Miller, but is the perfect age for Lucky. With all the stories with the Spencer family, I think he will fill in perfectly. I love Jonathan Jackson, I really do, but I do not think he will be coming back to GH anytime soon
unless "Nashville" tanks, i can't see JJ returning to GH... (and I'm totally loving him there!)

with Billy Miller I've never watched him act and googled to see what he looks like. if the photos that came up are relatively recent, he looks like he could pull off the age difference. A recast of Lucky is possible although JJ and GV are on different shows right now.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic