Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Huge Casting Spoiler
Topic Started: Jun 12 2014, 07:57 PM (10,284 Views)
natdot99
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Jul 8 2014, 02:29 PM
EJamandBread
Jun 30 2014, 08:45 PM
JDeveraux_91
Jun 13 2014, 09:24 AM
DawnElicia
Jun 13 2014, 03:05 AM
isn't the cast oversize as it is.
Yeah, it's enormous. They should be cutting the dead weight instead of hiring more big name actors whose role they will screw up.
The huge cast has been a huge asset for GH. They are able to move storylines along every single day because there are so many SL's to choose from. It also allows the show to keep a ball in the air and not bore fans to tears because the writers want the reveal to intersect another SL. It's probably really expensive, but it's helping make GH killer right now.
IMO it's just the opposite. The overblown, oversized cast only worsens GH's storytelling. They shouldn't *have* so many storylines that they can "choose" what to air on which day and which storylines to keep on the shelve for a month.

For example, Nina story been airing since Silas began their relationship over a year ago, and now with Rafe drug addiction. Rafe been gone for months and poof, he has a full blown drug addiction. :shrug:
Offline Profile Goto Top

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

nananana7
Jun 28 2014, 03:26 PM
At the Emmys, June 22nd, Michael Fairman interviewed Billy Miller.

Quote from the article:
As to all the rumors that have surfaced that Miller is heading to General Hospital, Billy replied: "There are all these rumors! I mean, who knows what the future holds . but I love the genre and I hope we can continue to do these things. (Referring to the Daytime Emmys)
End quote.

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/billy-miller-video-interview-41st-annual-daytime-emmy-winner-outstanding-lead-actor/2014/06/26/
He sounds very evasive kinda how MS was not too long ago :blulaugh: I'm sure his arrival to GH is iminent...Can't wait!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sandell

kelly777
Jun 28 2014, 05:42 PM
On this interview ^^ I can't hear very well what Billy Miller said but I thought it was something to the effect that this was the last time for him at one of these events. Anybody else hear that? Plus, I saw on another board where there was a new actor onboard that looked like Steve Burton. I'm kind of wondering if the rumor won't pan out at all whereby Billy is supposed to be going to GH. :shrug: :wtf:
Billy Millers last words to MF was this

""it's been the last time I'll be on this side of the fence" says (BM) Billy Miller"
Offline Profile Goto Top

EJ_SamiFF
Member Avatar

KarmicScales
Jun 12 2014, 08:01 PM
Poor Y&R...GH is almost unrecognizable to me these days, but they sure do have some new powerhouse talent!
Poor GH. I weep for the past.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kelly777
Member Avatar

Sandell
Jul 14 2014, 01:06 PM
kelly777
On this interview ^^ I can't hear very well what Billy Miller said but I thought it was something to the effect that this was the last time for him at one of these events. Anybody else hear that? Plus, I saw on another board where there was a new actor onboard that looked like Steve Burton. I'm kind of wondering if the rumor won't pan out at all whereby Billy is supposed to be going to GH. :shrug: :wtf:

""it's been the last time I'll be on this side of the fence" says (BM) Billy Miller"
Wonder what that means exactly? Anybody?
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

nananana7
Jun 28 2014, 03:26 PM
kelly777
On this interview ^^ I can't hear very well what Billy Miller said but I thought it was something to the effect that this was the last time for him at one of these events. Anybody else hear that?
Sandell
Jul 14 2014, 01:06 PM

kelly777
Jul 16 2014, 11:19 PM
Wonder what that means exactly? Anybody?

I took it as "This is the last time I'll be on this side of the fence"
... and maybe the "fence" is the division between interviewer and interviewee?
Or the division between cameraman/director/producer and actor?
Like maybe if he's ever at the Emmys again, it won't be ... in the same way.
I don't think he was referring to a fence between networks?
It was an odd comment and I just don't know what he meant.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Dreamy
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Jun 30 2014, 08:56 PM
i wish days had the balls to be like GH not just Daniels Lives
DAYS budget is smaller than GH's.
Offline Profile Goto Top

GHFan738

That's true, but its no reason to write only for one character. They have a good cast. They should use it.
Edited by GHFan738, Jul 18 2014, 08:23 AM.
Online Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

GHFan738
Jul 17 2014, 04:56 PM

update.
I thought the quote had gotten in the way,
but nevermind, I see you fixed it.

Edited by nananana7, Jul 18 2014, 11:19 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

GHFan738

Yes. Thanks for pointing that out.
Online Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

tylerbo20
Dreamy
Jul 17 2014, 02:58 PM

GHFan738
That's true, but its no reason to write only for one character. They have a good cast. They should use it.

I agree that there's a lot more that Days could do, even within a smaller budget, to make the show better -- and there's really no need to focus on the character of Daniel. Days does have a lot of talented cast members they could work with.

I don't think that using GH's style of spending money on casting expensive actors .... is what would solve Days' issues. Days needs the writers/producer to support good storylines and not play favorites with actors.
Edited by nananana7, Jul 18 2014, 11:25 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

GHFan738

nananana7
Jul 18 2014, 11:22 AM
tylerbo20
Dreamy
Jul 17 2014, 02:58 PM

GHFan738

I agree that there's a lot more that Days could do, even within a smaller budget, to make the show better -- and there's really no need to focus on the character of Daniel. Days does have a lot of talented cast members they could work with.

I don't think that using GH's style of spending money on casting expensive actors .... is what would solve Days' issues. Days needs the writers/producer to support good storylines and not play favorites with actors.
True. Bringing in expensive actors alone won't help. They could use the tactic of more cliffhangers. Days drags its stories on so long. It would be nice if there were mini cliffhangers along the way, so it feels like you are getting something while you wait for the big reveal. The long lag time with taping, allows for more twists and turns in the plot as well. Yeah the viewers are smart, but I don't think there has been anything that has caught them off guard.
Online Profile Goto Top

EJamandBread
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Jul 8 2014, 02:29 PM
EJamandBread
Jun 30 2014, 08:45 PM
JDeveraux_91
Jun 13 2014, 09:24 AM
DawnElicia
Jun 13 2014, 03:05 AM
isn't the cast oversize as it is.
Yeah, it's enormous. They should be cutting the dead weight instead of hiring more big name actors whose role they will screw up.
The huge cast has been a huge asset for GH. They are able to move storylines along every single day because there are so many SL's to choose from. It also allows the show to keep a ball in the air and not bore fans to tears because the writers want the reveal to intersect another SL. It's probably really expensive, but it's helping make GH killer right now.
IMO it's just the opposite. The overblown, oversized cast only worsens GH's storytelling. They shouldn't *have* so many storylines that they can "choose" what to air on which day and which storylines to keep on the shelve for a month.
Obviously we disagree. Personally I'd rather not see a storyline with little movement than see characters have the same conversation for the 700th time. To each their own, but GH is working for me big time right now and I'm loving the heck out of it in a way I haven't in a long while.

Days needs to spend its money on decent writers. Yes, their sets suck. Their "galas" are redonk and their filming schedule hurts them. But all of that could be overlooked if the stories were good. Which they're not.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Zuh
Member Avatar

nananana7
Jun 28 2014, 05:58 PM
kelly777
On this interview ^^ I can't hear very well what Billy Miller said but I thought it was something to the effect that this was the last time for him at one of these events. Anybody else hear that?

The *text* of the article says
in reference to the Emmy putting a nice cap on his terrific portrayal and time at Y&R .....
Miller stated, "It's bittersweet. This is the end ... of the end ... of the end, it's done. It's been not done, and tonight it's done."

It seems that Billy Miller was saying that winning the Emmy
-- was "closure" of his life at Y&R.

at first I thought he was referring to horrible emmy's .. the end of the emmy's..
But, now I agree with you.. his last emmy from Y&R..
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

nBC/sony better step up and put more money into one of their only shows that is doing good.
Offline Profile Goto Top

paul89

is Monica still there or they just useing her in story .
Offline Profile Goto Top

GHFan738

Monica is still there. We just haven't seen her since Alice was first diagnosed.
Online Profile Goto Top

paul89

ok thanks
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

Billy Miller update,
that really isn't an update.
On the CBS Y&R forum due to statement from that end:
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9140687/1/
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · GH: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic