Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, June 16th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 13 2014, 11:56 PM (12,469 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

This week's clip comes from Oak Alley! Next week's clip will be chosen by the 8th person to post in the tweets thread for the week (unless it's a previous winner)

Discuss!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

What are the spoilers for next week lysie?

lysie
Member Avatar

DaysAddiction
Jun 14 2014, 12:01 AM
They're in the spoiler thread for next week...

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 14 2014, 12:05 AM
DaysAddiction
Jun 14 2014, 12:01 AM
They're in the spoiler thread for next week...
Opps silly me :blulaugh:

nananana7
Member Avatar

lysie
Jun 13 2014, 11:56 PM
This week's clip comes from Oak Alley! Next week's clip will be chosen by the 8th person to post in the tweets thread for the week (unless it's a previous winner)

Discuss!

Ooh awesome clip!
Detective Hope Brady!
Doug looks gorgeous!

james0479
Member Avatar

Wow, classic Bope, that music, going after that Victor Kiriakis! This was before my time but Ive seen clips of this era...such a different show. Good times and nice clip ;)

granolagirl
Member Avatar

"It's been almost a year since your wedding!" In the eighties, this meant DANGER AHEAD, lol.

I also love clips from when Days was more socially relevant, with the gender politics bickering stuff. I just don't find anything to relate to on that level in the show these days, it feels... kind of sterile, in comparison.

(Also have to note Hope getting dressed in the dark...)

lysie
Member Avatar

It doesn't bother me that Hope still calls Doug "daddy"....until I see clips like this and remember that she didn't always call him that. Then it's relatively irksome.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Love all the different sets they used back then.

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

trojangal
Jun 14 2014, 02:55 PM
Love all the different sets they used back then.
I loved all the different characters they used back then. They had their leads, but they also used all of their cast members.
Edited by The Room Stops, Jun 14 2014, 06:11 PM.

Panda Panda
Member Avatar

I miss when the sets actually looked organic and real not the plastic forest of trees and flowers and that one bench that they try to pass off as a park nowadays.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

granolagirl
Jun 14 2014, 01:33 PM
"It's been almost a year since your wedding!" In the eighties, this meant DANGER AHEAD, lol.
For Bo & Hope, their "2nd year of marriage drama" all stemmed from Victor being Bo's biological father. And the dynamic of that Bo/Hope/Victor triangle modified itself as the year went on.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Jun 15 2014, 11:15 PM
granolagirl
For Bo & Hope, their "2nd year of marriage drama" all stemmed from Victor being Bo's biological father. And the dynamic of that Bo/Hope/Victor triangle modified itself as the year went on.
I feel like I'm missing the point here.

Oak Alley
Member Avatar

Surprise surprise, I chose Bo & Hope as my classic clip!! :D For the past week, I've been watching ALOT of different YT vids/storylines with my favorite couple of all time! I've been laughing with them, feeling frustrated, got my heart broken along the way, but all in all I've loved every moment of my homework assignment to find a classic clip :D

When I started watching DAYS back in 1997 with episodes from 1993, RKK played Bo Brady and Hope Williams Brady wasn't even on, and I only liked Bo at that time, he wasn't even a favorite of mine back then. 1994 came and the Maison Blanche SL was on during summer vacation, so for an hour every day I was home watching my soap. Marlena seducing Stefano, John was held captive in the cellar, a strange lady talked to a woman who's face we weren't allowed to see for awhile, but she had a picture of Bo Brady. "Intriguing" I thought. Finally the woman's face were shown and you could see the loneliness in her eyes and then an eyebrow lift, and bam I recognized the actress! Kristian Alfonso from Melrose Place had shown up on my favorite soap, I was thrilled beyond compare because I loved her short recurring role as Lauren Etheridge. She started having more and more scenes with Bo Brady, calling her Gina, now she also shared scenes with Alice Horton, saying that she looks identical to Alice's grand daugther Hope Williams Brady that died 4 years earlier. I was loving ALL of it, and even grew to like Bo Brady more and more as RKK played him. Then one day Peter Reckell played Bo, a different guy playing Bo Brady I had to get used too, but that didn't take long, minutes is what it took, because all I had to do was seeing a scene with Bo reading a letter to him, from his late wife Hope on their wedding day, and then she took over reciting the letter verbatum. I could see in Bo's eyes all the love he had for this woman that now was revealed to be Hope Williams Brady, and I found myself with tears in my eyes when that scene had ended. Now I longed for scenes between those two characters, and with Peter playing Bo I had found my favorite male character in DAYS, and in Hope my favorite female :D

Years came and went and I found out about YT. Searched many vids for anything DAYS related and loved every second of it. Now I could see what happend prior to my watching, and most of it was from the 80's. I saw how they met, had their firt kiss (not a flashback)- I was in pure Bope & DAYS heaven :wub:

The reason why it became that clip, is because it happens prior to Bo finding out, that his biological father is actually Victor Kirikakis. Him wanting to know why he's in the Brady family's life. It's probably also one of the last scenes we see of Howie (?) and Doug giving Bope a wedding present, their own detective agency. I love love love love when Bo says "What about me?" and he lifts Hope up in pure happiness. Their banter back at their loft is also one of the many reasons I love these two together :wub:

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Oak Alley
Jun 16 2014, 03:35 AM
Surprise surprise, I chose Bo & Hope as my classic clip!! :D For the past week, I've been watching ALOT of different YT vids/storylines with my favorite couple of all time! I've been laughing with them, feeling frustrated, got my heart broken along the way, but all in all I've loved every moment of my homework assignment to find a classic clip :D

When I started watching DAYS back in 1997 with episodes from 1993, RKK played Bo Brady and Hope Williams Brady wasn't even on, and I only liked Bo at that time, he wasn't even a favorite of mine back then. 1994 came and the Maison Blanche SL was on during summer vacation, so for an hour every day I was home watching my soap. Marlena seducing Stefano, John was held captive in the cellar, a strange lady talked to a woman who's face we weren't allowed to see for awhile, but she had a picture of Bo Brady. "Intriguing" I thought. Finally the woman's face were shown and you could see the loneliness in her eyes and then an eyebrow lift, and bam I recognized the actress! Kristian Alfonso from Melrose Place had shown up on my favorite soap, I was thrilled beyond compare because I loved her short recurring role as Lauren Etheridge. She started having more and more scenes with Bo Brady, calling her Gina, now she also shared scenes with Alice Horton, saying that she looks identical to Alice's grand daugther Hope Williams Brady that died 4 years earlier. I was loving ALL of it, and even grew to like Bo Brady more and more as RKK played him. Then one day Peter Reckell played Bo, a different guy playing Bo Brady I had to get used too, but that didn't take long, minutes is what it took, because all I had to do was seeing a scene with Bo reading a letter to him, from his late wife Hope on their wedding day, and then she took over reciting the letter verbatum. I could see in Bo's eyes all the love he had for this woman that now was revealed to be Hope Williams Brady, and I found myself with tears in my eyes when that scene had ended. Now I longed for scenes between those two characters, and with Peter playing Bo I had found my favorite male character in DAYS, and in Hope my favorite female :D

Years came and went and I found out about YT. Searched many vids for anything DAYS related and loved every second of it. Now I could see what happend prior to my watching, and most of it was from the 80's. I saw how they met, had their firt kiss (not a flashback)- I was in pure Bope & DAYS heaven :wub:

The reason why it became that clip, is because it happens prior to Bo finding out, that his biological father is actually Victor Kirikakis. Him wanting to know why he's in the Brady family's life. It's probably also one of the last scenes we see of Howie (?) and Doug giving Bope a wedding present, their own detective agency. I love love love love when Bo says "What about me?" and he lifts Hope up in pure happiness. Their banter back at their loft is also one of the many reasons I love these two together :wub:
I totally love your post, as someone who saw Bope from their very beginning as a barely there teenager at age 13 i always find it amazing how much youtube allows for fans to get to know characters either from a time when they weren't watching the show or weren't born. This was definitely one of the last scenes of Howie because the fabulous actor Stanley Brock left the same year in 1986 and passed away in 1991. I loved how he was a wonderful mentor to Bo and their first meeting in 1983 when Bo was desperately trying to always compete for Pop Brady's approval by outdoing Roman and in Bo's mind that meant becoming a detective to best Roman in law enforcement. Anyway love the clip and always enjoy seeing Doug and his princess. Thanks for picking it :D

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Great clip, Oak Alley! Bo & Hope will always be my favorite soap couple. (I miss Bo.)

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

granolagirl
Jun 16 2014, 01:16 AM
Supergirlx2
Jun 15 2014, 11:15 PM
granolagirl
I feel like I'm missing the point here.
My point was that their "danger" wasn't a romantic interloper, but rather an individual whose presence in their lives created drama. lol.
I hated Bo for not telling Hope that he was working with Shane to try to get the goods on Victor, but I LOVED the way Hope's miscarriage was written.

kkratz57
Member Avatar

Coked-up Brady is HILARIOUS!!!

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Brady is on the phone and talking about a deal. He's a little buzzy and using slang. He's hoping the deal will get Victor of his case and texting Theresa and talking to his cocaine.

Theresa in HTS. Gets the text but has time to give JJ & (Paige her niece!) a hard time.

Paige talking to her gorgeous friend. She's hoping her mom will make it to graduation. Friend says are you nervous about her meeting your loser boyfriend.

Theresa startles JJ and mocks him.

Ben and Abigail are still making out. Abigail says it feels right. Ben agrees.

Sad Rafe is still sad over Mama hanging up. Jordan, also sad, sits down and holds his hand. They look at each other.

Sami and Kate continue their argument...we get a repeat of the Mrs. DiMera line and Sami is incensed that Kate might remarry Stefano. (Who owns the mansion these days? Stefano, I guess.)

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Mary Beth, who is really judgey, says JJ is a loser while Paige defends. Paige's mom doesn't know JJ's last name so Paige thinks her mom can't find out. Mary Beth is way too invested in Paige's life and says her mom will find out.

Theresa and JJ snipe.

Brady loves his cocaine and John shows up.

Sami says it will be a cold day in hell before she will share a wedding with Kate. EJ separates them. Kate points out that every time EJ asks Sami to marry him he gets shot, which should be a sign. More snark about history and Sami's history with Kate's sons. Kate leaves and Sami wants her marriage to EJ.
Edited by Honeybees, Jun 16 2014, 11:09 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply