Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Daytime Emmy Predictions - Industry Experts
Topic Started: Jun 19 2014, 06:10 PM (1,684 Views)
Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

Here are the annual Daytime Emmy winners predictions from 9 of the top industry experts.

#1 Placements only

DRAMA SERIES:
1.) DAYS - 6/9 #1's (Tom O'Neil, Michael Fairman, SOD, SID, Goldderby, We Love Soaps)
2.) Y&R - 3/9 #1's (SoapCentral, Daytime Confidential, Nelson Branco)

LEAD ACTOR:
1.) Billy Miller (Y&R) - 6/9 #1's (Michael Fairman, We Love Soaps, SID, SOD, Tom O'Neil, Goldderby)
2.) Peter Bergman (Y&R) - 2/9 #1 (Nelson Branco, Daytime Confidential)
3.) Doug Davidson (Y&R) - 1/9 #1 (SoapCentral)

LEAD ACTRESS:
1.) Heather Tom (Y&R) - 6/9 #1's (SID, SOD, We Love Soaps, SoapCentral, Daytime Confidential, Nelson Branco)
2.) Eileen Davidson (DAYS) - 3/9 #1's (Tom O'Neil, Goldderby, Michael Fairman)

*For all #1 for HT, ED placed 2nd for all of them. For all #1 for ED, HT placed 2nd for all of them - only category with placements like that*

SUPPORTING ACTOR:
1.) Bradford Anderson (GH) - 4/9 #1's (Michael Fairman, Daytime Confidential, Tom O'Neil, Goldderby)
2.) Scott Clifton (B&B) - 2/9 #1's (We Love Soaps, Nelson Branco)
2.) Steve Burton (Y&R) - 2/9 #1's (SOD, SoapCentral)
3.) Eric Martsolf (DAYS) - 1/9 #1's (SID)

SUPPORTING ACTRESS:
1.) Jane Elliot (GH) - 4/9 #1's (Nelson Branco, Tom O'Neil, Goldderby, We Love Soaps)
2.) Elizabeth Hendrickson (Y&R) - 3/9 #1's (SOD, Daytime Confidential, SoapCentral)
3.) Amelia Heinle (Y&R) - 1/9 #1's (Michael Fairman)
3.) Kelly Sullivan (GH) - 1/9 #1's (SID)

YOUNGER ACTOR:
1.) Chandler Massey (DAYS) - 4/9 #1's (Nelson Branco, Michael Fairman, Tom O'Neil, Goldderby)
1.) Bryan Craig (GH) - 4/9 #1's (Daytime Confidential, SID, SOD, SoapCentral)
2.) Daniel Polo (Y&R) - 1/9 #1's (We Love Soaps)

YOUNGER ACTRESS:
1.) Kelly Missal (OLTL) - 4/8 #1's (We Love Soaps, Tom O'Neil, Goldderby, Michael Fairman)
2.) Kristen Alderson (GH) - 2/8 #1's (SOD, Daytime Confidential)
2.) Lindsey Godfrey (B&B) - 2/8 #1's (Nelson Branco, Soap entral)

WRITING TEAM:
1.) DAYS - 4/7 #1's (Michael Fairman, We Love Soaps, Goldderby, Tom O'Neil)
2.) B&B - 3/7 #1's (Daytime Confidential, SoapCentral, Nelson Branco)

DIRECTING TEAM:
1.) Y&R - 6/7 #1's (We Love Soaps, SoapCentral, Daytime Confidential, Michael Fairman, Tom O'Neil, Goldderby)
2.) B&B - 1/7 #1's (Nelson Branco)

See the rest of the categories and further placements at ----> http://www.goldderby.com/awardshows/experts/daytime-emmys-2014/drama-series.html
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 20 2014, 02:44 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

I'm liking those predictions.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

The story of the night is clearly this:

LEAD ACTRESS - close two-horse race. Either of the two wins will be historic!

DrewHamilton
Member Avatar

While I'm pulling for Davidson to get that win, it's gotta suck competing against Tom.

Will&Sonny

soapcentral.com has their annual predictions up at this point, too, but keep in mind that, aside from Dan Kroll's predictions (which are what Mitchapalooza referenced above), their "experts" have no real industry connections or influence -- they're just site contributors who are basing their opinions on the reels, gut instincts, sentimentality, or whatever.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jun 19 2014, 06:34 PM.

stormymac
Member Avatar

Mitchapalooza
Jun 19 2014, 06:10 PM
Here are the annual Daytime Emmy winners predictions from 9 of the top industry experts.

#1 Placements only

1.) Bryan Craig (Y&R) - 4/9 #1's (Daytime Confidential, SID, SOD, SoapCentral)
Bryan Craig is on GH not Y&R. He's their Casey Moss.

somuchwhatever
Member Avatar
Brotherly Love

stormymac
Jun 19 2014, 07:02 PM
Mitchapalooza

#1 Placements only

Yes, and TBH, it would be a damned shame if he lost to Chandler Massey (who spent the year smirking and phoning it in).

The real tragedy, of course, is that Casey Moss didn't make it past pre-nom. I would have loved to see Bryan Craig and Casey Moss go head-to-head in this category.

Dreamy
Member Avatar

Very interesting! I really hope ED wins.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I don't like that they've all pick Heather Tom to win (or the majority I should say). She has a strong reel, there's no denying that. But is it stronger than Eileen's? idk. I don't personally think so but I admit my own bias.

Really hope Heather doesn't win though.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ShaneDOOLFan

Really pulling for Eileen and DAYS to win!

OliveAnn

I like the predictions for Lead Actress, but I'd be happy if either HT or ED won. For Lead Actor, any of the 3 Y&R men would be a deserving winner in my book. Supporting Actress and Supporting Actor are also fine by me; Bradford Anderson was good in his reel and I generally don't liek his acting style, so I would even be behind him winning.

But, it would bother me if Massey and Missal won Younger Acting categories. I'm sure Missal is usually a good actress, but that reel was bipolar in writing, directing and acting and painful to watch at times. As for Massey, I would be bothered if he won because it would be a win by way of manipulating the rules. He didn't even submit an entire episode; he submitted only 3 minutes from one episode. Yes, he's good in those 3 minutes. Really good, in fact. But, those 3 minutes are not representative of his work last year. The idea is to submit an episode that showcases your best work in the last calendar year and that is a good representation of the body of work you did in that year. This reel is not it for Chandler. He submitted only those scenes that he knew could win him a trophy. I'm not OK with that.
Edited by OliveAnn, Jun 20 2014, 04:38 AM.

Mitchapalooza
Member Avatar
Killing myself slowly

stormymac
Mitchapalooza

#1 Placements only

Whoops my mistake...top post is updated to show GH
Edited by Mitchapalooza, Jun 20 2014, 10:22 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

I've never really watched Heather Tom, yet I really like her. When I see her on awards shows or read her in magazines, she appears such a sweet good lady with a definite adoration for this genre and I respect that. Clips I have seen show she's a damn fine actress. But I would love to see Eileen grab this gold. I wish Eileen had chosen the New Year's Day episode with John in the hotel room as her reel, to me it was her best scenes all year. I hope she wins but regardless, her last and upcoming stints on Days have been praised all over so she's aware she did a fine job and I can't wait to see her again soon. Kudos also to Days for having that much support for a second year in a row Best Soap win! They actually have a great chance, IMO.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

jb1183

somuchwhatever
Jun 19 2014, 09:43 PM
stormymac
Mitchapalooza

#1 Placements only

Yes, and TBH, it would be a damned shame if he lost to Chandler Massey (who spent the year smirking and phoning it in).

The real tragedy, of course, is that Casey Moss didn't make it past pre-nom. I would have loved to see Bryan Craig and Casey Moss go head-to-head in this category.
Casey Moss definitely deserved a nomination over Chandler Massey. Casey owned every scene he was in while Chandler practically sleepwalked through the entire year.

King
Member Avatar

NO. Eileen NEEDS to WIN!

tylerbo20

ED better win when i saw her performance when she was in church talking (screaming) at the picture of jesus i knew she had it.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

ED is still leading the pack substantially at GoldDerby.

HT was closing in on her last week, but now she's taken more lead again. The only category that has more HT predictions is the Experts' category, but even there 3 out of 9 think the award will go to ED. In all the other categories, Editors', All Users, Top 24 Users, they predict ED will win.

Will&Sonny

OliveAnn
Jun 20 2014, 02:23 AM
But, it would bother me if Massey and Missal won Younger Acting categories. I'm sure Missal is usually a good actress, but that reel was bipolar in writing, directing and acting and painful to watch at times. As for Massey, I would be bothered if he won because it would be a win by way of manipulating the rules. He didn't even submit an entire episode; he submitted only 3 minutes from one episode. Yes, he's good in those 3 minutes. Really good, in fact. But, those 3 minutes are not representative of his work last year. The idea is to submit an episode that showcases your best work in the last calendar year and that is a good representation of the body of work you did in that year. This reel is not it for Chandler. He submitted only those scenes that he knew could win him a trophy. I'm not OK with that.
That's your interpretation of the rules, but I'm pretty sure Chandler Massey didn't break any rules. And everyone submits scenes they believe can win them the award -- that's sort of the point. Hell, some soaps (*cough* B&B *cough* GH *cough*) often write certain episodes specifically as Emmy bait.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jun 21 2014, 06:02 PM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Yea, unfortunately the one episode is all it takes. By the rules, the reel is the only thing that matters, it doesn't matter what a person has done throughout the rest of the year. I don't think it's right, but it's the way it works.

OliveAnn

Will&Sonny
Jun 21 2014, 06:01 PM
OliveAnn
Jun 20 2014, 02:23 AM
That's your interpretation of the rules, but I'm pretty sure Chandler Massey didn't break any rules. And everyone submits scenes they believe can win them the award -- that's sort of the point. Hell, some soaps (*cough* B&B *cough* GH *cough*) often write certain episodes specifically as Emmy bait.
That's the thing: he didn't break any rules at all, he just manipulated them. There's nothing in the Daytime Emmy rule book that says, "Thou shallt not cut scenes out of your reel." Actors have been doing that for years, but they usually just cut out one or two weak scenes. Chandler cut everything out but those 3 minutes.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Daytime News · Next Topic »
Add Reply