Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
True Blood- the Final Season
Topic Started: Jun 23 2014, 09:03 AM (336 Views)
LPS
Member Avatar

Did anyone watch the first episode?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Yep, and I'm pretty pissed off about how they did what appears to be a real death. If I dealt with weeks of mourning fucking Terry, I'ma need a bit more of a response to what went down than we've gotten so far.

LPS
Member Avatar

I only watched the end, what happened to Tara?

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

I guess it's not really a spoiler.

She was either killed off-screen in the opening scenes of the show, which interviews seem to substantiate, or it's a stupid fake-out death. Either way, nobody gave a damn- as evidenced by the fact that by the end of the hour you wouldn't have known anything happened to her, and I just found it annoying.

Mateo
Member Avatar
Punk Cabaret is Freedom

Yeah, I wasn't happy about that either. Aside from that, enjoyed the premiere. I hope we get more of a resolution at some point.

LPS
Member Avatar

I'm not really getting this season. Its seems like they started this season too fast.

RoseVioletDaisy
Member Avatar

Both episodes have sucked IMO although episode 2 was better than the premiere. I loved the Eric/Jason scene, which was so ridiculous and hot at the same time that it was like it existed in it's own universe of awesome, isolated from the crap that is the rest of the show now. Other than that, the only things I've liked so far is Jessica's devotion to Adilyn and Jason playing CSI in that eerie deserted town. Otherwise, meh.

Carrie Preston is great, far better than the material, and Adina Porter is excellent but I just don't care about Lettie May. I cared about Tara.

Man, would I enjoy watching Beeeeeeeeeeeel and Sookuh die. The thought of those narcissistic asses outliving Tara and Eric pisses me off.

px780
Member Avatar
Streetcorner Philosopher

Quote:

Carrie Preston is great, far better than the material, and Adina Porter is excellent but I just don't care about Lettie May. I cared about Tara.

Nicely put. I feel the exact same way about Tara vs. Tara's Mother. Even if there's some twist, as some have speculated, and she actually staked Tara...I don't care. I'd rather see Tara with Pam finding Eric. Then that whole piece of the show wouldn't feel so...tacked on.

There's enough so far to keep me curious about how this wraps up. I'm wondering if something is different about Arlene's blood. I'm hoping a lot of them will die (except Jessica). Plus it's only like 6-7 episodes, right? So it should be quick.

They're relying a lot on daytime soap opera techniques, though. It's distracting. And it makes me miss "Passions."

LPS
Member Avatar

Are the writers setting up for Bill and Suckie to end up together in the end? They might as we'll kill both of them off.

At least we no longer have to see Pam chasing all over the world.

I hate Jason's girlfriend. I wonder why they brought on Sarah?

LPS
Member Avatar

I really wish they would kill off Sam and his boring girlfriend. Why are they bringing back Sarah?

And someone please kill off Sooki before the season ends. What right does she have to get preachy at Jessica. When has Sooki not had a self pity party for herself?

Kenny
Member Avatar

This show should've ended two seasons ago, honestly. It's been spinning its wheels since at least season 5 and this last season is really hard to watch.

Can they please kill off Sam and his boring girlfriend? They serve no purpose anymore. Jason and his vampire girlfriend make no sense, it's totally out of character for him to be so submissive. And I thought he hated vampires? Sookie playing martyr, lecturing everyone and saving the day in every episode like some kind of superhero makes me want to throw something at the TV. Lafayette... why is he still there? He hasn't served a purpose since at least season 4. The only character I still like is Arlene and that's because of Carrie Preston, certainly not because of the writing.

LPS
Member Avatar

I know some hated the finale, but I thought it was decent. I'm glad Bill is dead (the highlight), Jessica and Jason were not a couple, and Sam was barely shown. I am also glad Suckie didn't give up her light.

I use to hate Sarah, but I felt for her towards the end because the vampires started getting all self-righteous around her. How is the shit she did any different?

Eric's ending was strange and short. Also, everyone being coupled off at the end was a little too sweet and simple, IMO.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Primetime Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply