Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Y&R: July Discussion
Topic Started: Jun 29 2014, 06:46 PM (6,798 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JaUHvCQLZfQ

Classic Episode from 1998 featuring Paul, Christine, Grace, Tony, Michael, Diane, Jill, Jack, Sharon, Doris, Oliva, Gina, Phyllis # 2 and Katherine.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renegade_Killerbee
Member Avatar

Why am I supposed to care if Dullan dies? (which, I'm kinda 101% sure he won't)

I wish soaps were more brave these days. More like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones and really killed central characters even if they are played by A-List soap actors.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

I can't believe Ian said with a straight face that Nikki deceived him and caused him emotional distress! :facepalm:
I have a feeling that Mariah will get closer to the Newmans and eventually will be Ian's downfall, of course that could mean years. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I like how Ian drives people absolutely bat shit crazy. He can justify and turn shit around so he's the victim!
Hmmmmmm sounds like he could be a lot of peoples Dad in that town.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lynx612

I actually am enjoying Ian's character. He is the one bright spot right now in this soap for me.
Offline Profile Goto Top

celine12

BlissfulLily
Jul 1 2014, 01:40 PM
I like how Ian drives people absolutely bat shit crazy. He can justify and turn shit around so he's the victim!
Nikki brought this on herself. I am enjoying Ian. She passed Dylan off as Ian's son. How could you not know you slept with a man and got pregnant by him?
Offline Profile Goto Top

eruell

celine12
Jul 1 2014, 04:07 PM
BlissfulLily
Nikki brought this on herself. I am enjoying Ian. She passed Dylan off as Ian's son. How could you not know you slept with a man and got pregnant by him?
If you were watching the show wayyyyyyy back in the early 80's, when Nikki and Paul were teens, Nickki was pretty much the typical "dumb" blonde! Not that that is an excuse, but if you remember how she was back then, who she slept with wasn't anything she kept track of. She and Paul were just kids having fun and got caught up in Ian's cult.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

That's like blaming the victim of a rape. It's not her fault, he's just a good con. He knew he couldn't have kids and yet he went along for the ride hoping to cash in. I like that Leslie basically told him to 'fuck off' when she said she wouldn't sue Nikki.
It wasn't like she made a habit of screwing Ian, he had so many followers. She was a teenager that had a bad childhood to start with.

Knowing he couldn't have kids, his way of thinking was probably ... screw it, screw em all!
Not Nikki's fault
Offline Profile Goto Top

ArthriticBill
Member Avatar

At any rate, Ian had better watch his :censored: around Victor, or he might find himself locked up in a shiny new bomb shelter!!! :tvwatch:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

celine12
Jul 1 2014, 04:06 PM
BlissfulLily
True nikki was pretty stupid to assume that Ian was the father when she had slept with both men, but Ian perpetuated the myth by claiming that Dylan was his son when he knew that was impossible.
You would think SOMEONE would have asked for a paternity test somewhere along the line.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Nikki was still kinda bamboozled by him, she just never questioned.
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

Miss Rhi
Jun 29 2014, 06:46 PM

Classic Episode from 1998 featuring Paul, Christine, Grace, Tony, Michael, Diane, Jill, Jack, Sharon, Doris, Oliva, Gina, Phyllis # 2 and Katherine.

I had totally forgotten that Michael once gave Danny a kidney.
Thanks for posting these clips!

Edited by nananana7, Jul 2 2014, 02:32 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

nananana7
Jul 2 2014, 02:31 PM
Miss Rhi
Jun 29 2014, 06:46 PM

I had totally forgotten that Michael once gave Danny a kidney.
Thanks for posting these clips!

So not only does everyone in town swap bodily fluids at a record speed, but also body parts. lol
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

I wonder if the writers will research/remember that Michael gave Danny a kidney. That would be an interesting discussion between Paul and Michael later ... and I suppose that Dylan and Michael could discuss it. (although I really wish Dylan was portrayed by a better actor).
Offline Profile Goto Top

jjmama
Member Avatar

Anyone else thinks the new Billy looks to old to play Billy?
Offline Profile Goto Top

celine12

Wait someone is too old for Y&R? I thought only the vets were needed on this show. This is one of my problems with the character Paul. He is a waste of time and space. The money spent on this useless character could be used to bring in another hottie like Stitch!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

celine12
Jul 6 2014, 10:13 AM
Wait someone is too old for Y&R? I thought only the vets were needed on this show. This is one of my problems with the character Paul. He is a waste of time and space. The money spent on this useless character could be used to bring in another hottie like Stitch!
nu billy is not a vet, he's only been on the show 10 minutes.
The old guard are the vets, victor, jack, nikki, Ashley, nick, tracie, Paul, etc.
Paul has been on the show forever, I'm guessing his fans don't think he's a waste of "time and space" otherwise he'd have been gone long ago.
Offline Profile Goto Top

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Paul is needed. There are a few vets on that show that I don't like and if I said they were useless on the show there would be hell to pay. They can get rid of Stitch and replace him with... a replacement for Segundo or Zapato.
Can't get rid of Paul, he's of more worth than Stitch. Good looks aren't everything.
Offline Profile Goto Top

celine12

It's because of characters like Paul that Y&R is losing (badly) the 18-34 demo they need to keep this show on the air. That group will not tune in to watch gramps!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Grandpa Hughes
Member Avatar
"Dedicated to the brotherhood of healing. "

celine12
Jul 6 2014, 12:14 PM
It's because of characters like Paul that Y&R is losing (badly) the 18-34 demo they need to keep this show on the air. That group will not tune in to watch gramps!
Of course they will! I have a wide following in that demo! B-)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic