Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bold goes on Location in Europe
Topic Started: Jul 11 2014, 12:57 AM (622 Views)
DawnElicia
Member Avatar

An Amsterdam newspaper, Het Parool, has reported that "The Bold and the Beautiful" is planning to shoot scenes for several episodes in the region this fall. Though there has been no official confirmation from "B&B" brass and no word on which actors might be involved, Het Parool reported that representatives from the daytime soap were in the Netherlands in late June for consultation regarding the shoot, which they believe will take place in September or October.

Stay tuned to Soaps.com for more on this news as it becomes available.
http://soaps.sheknows.com/boldandbeautiful/news/id/39269/

CBS’ hit soap, “The Bold and the Beautiful” has recently traveled to Dubai, Monte Carlo and Paris for on-location scenes, and it looks like the globetrotting sudser will be at it again very soon, according to executive producer Bradley P. Bell.
“We have a big location shoot planned in October,” the scribe teases to Soap Opera Network. “It’s somewhere in Europe, and I can’t say exactly where just yet, but it’s someplace spectacular!”
Bell is keeping mum on the details and which characters will be involved in the October shoot, but a few foreign outlets are reporting that the secret location will be Amsterdam — which the capital’s film commission has reportedly confirmed.
Though Bell wouldn’t confirm the location himself, he isn’t nearly as hesitant to reveal the secrets behind the show’s ability to travel the world. “We’ve been producing this show in the United States for so long, but we are selling to [many different global stations], so it’s time that we go and visit these other people that are buying the show and watching the show, so we’re really there to pay tribute to our audiences around the world,” he explains. “Whenever the cast travels [like they recently did for the Golden Nymph Awards in France], I basically grab a director, a producer and a local crew, and we shoot. So the cost, really, is covered by the events that they’re a part of, so it’s almost the same as shooting in our studio. We found a cost effective formula of shooting around the world, and it’s so much fun.”
A rep for “B&B” and a rep for Amsterdam’s film commission have yet to answer Soap Opera Network‘s request for confirmation, so stay tuned as this story develops!
UPDATE 9:16 AM PST: A rep for the Amsterdam film commission confirms to SON that “B&B” has been in contact with plans to visit the city for filming.

Read more: UPDATE: Exec Confirms ‘B&B’ Headed to Secret European Location; Possibly Amsterdam? - Soap Opera Network http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/07/exec-confirms-b-possibly-amsterdam#ixzz378XcBbPy
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

Nice to see a soap have money to shoot outside the studios give episodes a richer look besides seeing studio sets all the time. Thanks for posting DawnElicia.

natdot99
Member Avatar

So this is what they did to the actor's salaries that no longer on the show :popcorn:

metitle
Member Avatar

natdot99
Jul 11 2014, 11:27 AM
So this is what they did to the actor's salaries that no longer on the show :popcorn:
yep, :popcorn: my exact thought.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

See nothing wrong with bold going on locations where the show is aired to promote the show.

natdot99
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Jul 11 2014, 07:56 PM
See nothing wrong with bold going on locations where the show is aired to promote the show.

This only started to happening with Texas Battle, Kristin Lloyd, Jacqueline Macinnes Wood, Susan Flannetry, Ronn Moss,Brandon Beemer, and others have left the show. All they did was took the money from these actors salaries, and used it to shoot outside the USA. It sure beats better them traveling to Aspen, CO.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Okay SF retired and choose to leave. As did JMW she said they offered her a lot of money but she turned it down. From the pictures ive seem retweeted she is having fun partying, vacationing, and DJing. TB and the guy who played Thomas went off to do movies and other projects so they let bold go. Without her husband there Dayzee isnt needed. RM has a huge ego who left and thought he couldnt be replaced. Personally i dont think TK is all that great but he is being replaced. So im not blaming it all on Bell.

Fafokahw
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Jul 11 2014, 11:23 PM
Okay SF retired and choose to leave. As did JMW she said they offered her a lot of money but she turned it down. From the pictures ive seem retweeted she is having fun partying, vacationing, and DJing. TB and the guy who played Thomas went off to do movies and other projects so they let bold go. Without her husband there Dayzee isnt needed. RM has a huge ego who left and thought he couldnt be replaced. Personally i dont think TK is all that great but he is being replaced. So im not blaming it all on Bell.
I agree as much as I criticize Bell for many things it's not as if he can make performers stay who clearly want to go. I've even at times taken Mr. Bell's advice of: "If you don't like what you see, you can change the channel." I've come to the realization show runners are going to put on what they want especially if they own the show so I cherry pick scenes that I want to see and what I don't I ignore helps with viewing the show and accepting what I can't change.

KSandru

Fafokahw
Jul 11 2014, 06:26 AM
Nice to see a soap have money to shoot outside the studios give episodes a richer look besides seeing studio sets all the time. Thanks for posting DawnElicia.
I would rather see a soap that offers great storytelling & not have international shoots instead of crap with international shoots - something that The Logan Show, er, Bold and The Beautiful does frequently. :soapbox:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply