Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
SOD: Abigail moves on
Topic Started: Jul 17 2014, 11:23 PM (15,953 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

This week's SOD has an article about Abigail moving on.

A furious Jennifer visits EJ in jail for a stern tongue-lashing. EJ allows Jennifer the chance to vent her anger. Jennifer lets him know that she doesn’t want him having any further contact with her daughter. Kate Mansi says that Abby wants to take responsibility for her actions, but the Hortons have fierce loyalty to one another and will always stand by their family.

Meanwhile, Ben makes a big confession to Abby about his past. Abby is shocked, but Ben’s flawed past doesn’t scare her. Abby sees that Ben is able to see past her brokenness to who she really is, and she wants to do the same for him.

Mansi reports that she is intrigued by this new pairing and loves the psychology of the story. “Abigail is so deeply hurt by someone that she feels so much chemistry for, a man she had so much love and passion for.” She reports that Ben makes Abby feel safe, and that’s the opposite of her past experiences with men. She feels like Ben can see Abby for who she could be without all her mistakes.

Abby works to gain a new perspective on what happened with EJ. Mansi reports, “She knows she was wrong and wants to move forward.” She tries to convince herself that she no longer has feelings for EJ, but she is lying to herself. Her experiences with Chad and EJ have shaken her whole foundation.

Pick up the latest SOD for all the details.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

Very excited for the Jennifer/EJ confrontation! James Scott and Melissa Reeves play very well off of each other.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

tomsawyer
Member Avatar

So EJ is going to just sit there and take Jen's bitching. Man, he has become just a horrible character, hasn't he?

Meanwhile, "for a man she has so much love and passion for"??? I think JS might have dropped KM on her head during her Disney princess moment.

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Yes Abby, move on.

Kaha
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Jul 17 2014, 11:38 PM
So EJ is going to just sit there and take Jen's bitching. Man, he has become just a horrible character, hasn't he?

Meanwhile, "for a man she has so much love and passion for"??? I think JS might have dropped KM on her head during her Disney princess moment.
shower sex?

BeeBee
Member Avatar

I don't have a problem with the story.You can "have feelings" for someone but realize they can lead to nothing so you do move on with the rest of your life.I hope Abby's relationship with Ben moves in a positive direction.They appear to reveal their secrets to one another then decide there is still something worth exploring.With Abby trying to have a relationship with Ben and EJ trying to "win" back his Samanther,perhaps EJ and Abby will have separate Salem lives until EJ exits Salem.Seems weird though given KM's tweet "let the games begin".Oh well,there is always youtube when I need an EJ/Abby fix.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

tomsawyer

Didn't Abby just tell Jennifer that she didn't love/wasn't in love with EJ when they were having sex?

Didn't she just tell EJ it was just sex?

BeeBee
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
Jul 18 2014, 12:46 AM
tomsawyer

Didn't Abby just tell Jennifer that she didn't love/wasn't in love with EJ when they were having sex?

Abby is just trying to conceal from her mother and EJ she still does have feelings for EJ because she knows EJ wants Sami and her mother despises EJ.She is telling each what she knows they want to hear.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Jul 18 2014, 01:47 AM
daysjahvu
tomsawyer

Abby is just trying to conceal from her mother and EJ she still does have feelings for EJ because she knows EJ wants Sami and her mother despises EJ.She is telling each what she knows they want to hear.
Fair enough...that's just not what has been shown on screen, just what KM is telling us. Again a failure of the writing, directing & acting that seems to plague this show.

I'm still trying to get how a girl goes from stringing 2 guys along for months before having sex to falling in passionate love with an engaged guy she has 2 conversations, 3 sexual encounters and who broke up with her twice within in a 24 hour period of Valentine's Day. Abby has some serious issues that are not going to be addressed as long as she and her family continue to blame EJ/Chad for her choices in life.
Edited by daysjahvu, Jul 18 2014, 02:04 AM.

The Scorpion
Member Avatar

Kate's interviews never match what I see on screen, many times I wonder what the hell she's talking about? Love and passion?

S loves EJ

daysjahvu
Jul 18 2014, 02:01 AM
BeeBee
Jul 18 2014, 01:47 AM
daysjahvu
tomsawyer

Fair enough...that's just not what has been shown on screen, just what KM is telling us. Again a failure of the writing, directing & acting that seems to plague this show.

I'm still trying to get how a girl goes from stringing 2 guys along for months before having sex to falling in passionate love with an engaged guy she has 2 conversations, 3 sexual encounters and who broke up with her twice within in a 24 hour period of Valentine's Day. Abby has some serious issues that are not going to be addressed as long as she and her family continue to blame EJ/Chad for her choices in life.

I don´t think the affair was written as love but as hot sex. I do think it has been written later though that Abby has feelings for EJ and that it was more to her than just sex. She seemed to have feelings for her when he catched her after falling down the ladder. She also seemed to have feelings for EJ on thursdays show when she never got a chance to answer Ben if she just been interested in him to get over EJ.

Given it some thought I do think it´s possible that KM in her last interview when she said Abby had feelings for EJ that she wasn´t thinking about the scene when EJ catched her though but just said what she thinks Ejabby fans wants to hear. I think she should have said otherwise that Abby is in denial about her feelings for EJ but that scene made it obvious that she does have feeling for him since Abby mostly have been written to be uninterested in EJ after the affair ended. I think KM could have said in this interview too that Abby has feelings for EJ but are in denial about it, but given her interviews I´m not sure if she is aware that is how Abby is being written or if she says Abby loves EJ just to please the Ejabby fans.

peaches179

In comes Chad............ LOL.

Thanks Lysie!

S loves EJ

tomsawyer

EJ is written to be inlove with Sami and are feeling guilty over the affair and don´t want to loose Sami, so I think it make sense that he would just take Jen´s bitching because he knows he deserves it.

While I can see how EJ pleading to Sami makes him look pathetic he did that with Nicole too after she found out about the griefsex, and with Stefano when he kissed the ring so it´s not just Sami that makes him look pathetic nor is it something new.

BeeBee
Jul 17 2014, 11:51 PM
I don't have a problem with the story.You can "have feelings" for someone but realize they can lead to nothing so you do move on with the rest of your life.I hope Abby's relationship with Ben moves in a positive direction.They appear to reveal their secrets to one another then decide there is still something worth exploring.With Abby trying to have a relationship with Ben and EJ trying to "win" back his Samanther,perhaps EJ and Abby will have separate Salem lives until EJ exits Salem.Seems weird though given KM's tweet "let the games begin".Oh well,there is always youtube when I need an EJ/Abby fix.

Maybe Abby decides to move on and tries to do that but keeps runing into EJ.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

Seriously. Abby is moving on. Rejoice and be glad in it. She's going to be out of EJ's orbit.
None of these actors give straight-forward interviews.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 17 2014, 11:23 PM
a man she had so much love and passion for
Um, really? Love?

Okay...........
Edited by Yoryla, Jul 18 2014, 06:46 AM.

January

I think this schzioed s/l is a problem with having multiple people writing for the s/l. There obviously is one writer that keeps trying to throw a bone to this couple as if they're rootable when I think the head writing team writes it that it was never more than a fling that derailed EJami.

It's pathetic that a writer can go rouge like this and allow this type of interview when it really has no reflection on the overall s/l.

It's the undermining from this type of writer that undermines the show and keeps Days in deadlast. But knowing the history of this show and the politics behind it how can we be suprised. I think it's a curse.
Edited by January, Jul 18 2014, 06:57 AM.

January

I wonder if in a year from now KM is going to be still reflecting on her feelings for EJ and how it changed her overall aura to being a bit darker (rolling eyes)

Taking bets!

Hey I was about to edit that to say "abs feelings on EJ" but I think I got it right after all ^o)
Edited by January, Jul 18 2014, 06:55 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Jul 18 2014, 04:01 AM
Kate's interviews never match what I see on screen, many times I wonder what the hell she's talking about? Love and passion?
In her defense, the s/l has so many holes that actors are forced to speculate and sometimes, indulge in a bit of fanwanking.
Edited by Kaha, Jul 18 2014, 09:06 AM.

marie1969

LOL at little Abigail moving on finally... Bitch please, you should have moved on since you got dumped on valentine day, or when you got slutshamed in the conference room, or after the pregnancy scare or when you found out that Ej put a hit on your cousin. But if you did not move on when Ej married the love of his life right in front of you, I don't know what you tell you other than you are pathetic and desperate with zero self esteem. So by all means, move the fuck on and stop whining about it because nobody gives a shit.

On a funny note, here is a hallmark greeting card quote.: Oh Ej I have so much chemistry for you. Who says that LOL? Good comic relief. :lol:

I can't with that girl.
Edited by marie1969, Jul 18 2014, 06:40 PM.

2Lovely
Member Avatar

Abigail's feelings for EJ are definitely intense, but the word "love" doesn't come to mind when I think of EJABBY. They had some nice conversations and deliciously hot sex, but from what Abby has been saying she finds much of what EJ says and does to be revolting. Can you love someone you are disgusted with? Who the hell knows. Is she in love with the man she thinks he can be? Perhaps, but she shouldn't hold her breath lol.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply