Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Fan Favorite Returns
Topic Started: Jul 21 2014, 08:33 AM (1,864 Views)
normallynorm

Tricia Cast is back as Nina! YES!!!

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Tricia-Cast-Michael-Fairman-Return-Young-Restless-1084688.aspx
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

normallynorm

I am a huge Nina fan. I only stuck with Y&R through the Maria Arena Bell era because of her. I loved her initial return story involving Phillip's return from the dead, and I was a huge fan of her relationship with Paul. I hated how Josh Griffith split them up (especially since Cricket belongs with Danny), so I stopped watching in November 2012 when Nina left town.

I watched Katherine's memorial episodes last year when Nina and Danny returned, but I was extremely offended that it turned into a wedding for Cricket and Paul. I hope Nina returns happy and healthy. I really wish this was a full-time return (or semi-full-time, like her 2009-2012 stint). There is so much potential with Nina as a character. In addition to her relationships with Chance, Phillip, Ronan and Jill, I could get behind a relationship with Nina and Neil (his best friend was Nina's ex Ryan). I will watch this episodes and take what I can get. The fact that they keep bringing Nina back is a good sign, though.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Nina is one of the most boring characters on the show, IMO. She's another one who hasn't changed her look in 30 years, same hair style, same no makeup, same dowdy clothes style. Unless they update her, she's just another yawn.
Neil and Nina? Talk about snoozeville. :facepalm:

normallynorm

Sammie Jo
Jul 21 2014, 09:16 AM
Nina is one of the most boring characters on the show, IMO. She's another one who hasn't changed her look in 30 years, same hair style, same no makeup, same dowdy clothes style. Unless they update her, she's just another yawn.
I am sorry you don't appreciate Nina. You're missing out. All you did was pick apart her look. Nina is a genuinely-fascinating character played by one of the best and most natural actors on the show. I could watch Tricia Cast read the phone book. Brilliant.
Edited by normallynorm, Jul 21 2014, 09:21 AM.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

normallynorm
Jul 21 2014, 09:20 AM
Sammie Jo
I am sorry you don't appreciate Nina. You're missing out. All you did was pick apart her look. Nina is a genuinely-fascinating character played by one of the best and most natural actors on the show. I could watch Tricia Cast read the phone book. Brilliant.
Whoa, guess I am missing something too! :shrug:

PHICKER

normallynorm
Jul 21 2014, 08:33 AM
Fan Fave??? Not hardly..

The character is as boring as all get out. Who cares!

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Wish that the actress who plays Dru Victoria Rowell and the producers can settle their differences Dru is needed back on the show.

SnowAngel
Member Avatar

Oh man, they've got Nikki going off the wagon again!! :frustration:

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Nina is okay for a very short while then she starts in crying about something and just doesn't let up. Will be nice to see Murph though. Nina and Neil?

Nuck. :yuk: :yuk:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

normallynorm
Jul 21 2014, 09:20 AM
Sammie Jo
Her "look" is her entire personality and acting style. When she was on in the early days, I liked her, but she has never grown since then, she looks almost exactly the same and that looked worked when she was a teen, it doesn't work for a 40+ year old woman who is supposed to be a successful author.
Some style and pizazz would help out a whole lot.
Same with Christine, she's been wearing the same hair style for 30+ years except for one time when she got it cut and looked the part, now she just looks like an aging hippie as does Sharon.
The "look" is very important in setting the stage for the believability of a character.
Nina looks like a tired housewife, not a successful author who lives in California.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Jul 21 2014, 01:54 PM
Nina is okay for a very short while then she starts in crying about something and just doesn't let up. Will be nice to see Murph though. Nina and Neil?

Nuck. :yuk: :yuk:
Maybe Nina and Murphy will hook up? :popcorn:

Drew
Member Avatar
Ewok

She's always been a favourite of mine going back to the 90s, and definitely a major part of that initial MAB year that was actually good.

Tricia Cast can do high emotion scenes like no other.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

This thread was made considerably shorter due to people disrespecting fellow members, attacking each others religious beliefs and replies that borderlined on flat out trolling. It's fine to express dislike about characters but don't take the fact that people dislike or even like a character to the point where you resort to attacking one another. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, just try to remember this is a television show with fictional characters.

Yet again I am posting a link to the DR's board rules since so many member's first defense is having not seen or read them.

http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/boardrules/

3WishGenie
Member Avatar

The last time Nina was interesting was married to Ryan with Jill in her grill about her grandson...which would be the 90s lol.

But yea Nina and Murphy? Whooptidoo. What about Kay's children and grandchildren??? Her REAL family members? Oy.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

I did like when Nina tied Jill up in the coat closet. I think it was Katherine and Murphs wedding and Jill was sloshed.
There were a few Nina moments.

ArthriticBill
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Jul 21 2014, 11:18 AM
Wish that the actress who plays Dru Victoria Rowell and the producers can settle their differences Dru is needed back on the show.
Oooooh. . .now that would be some major pyrotechnics!!! To see her and Hilary go at it. . ! :popcorn: :sweet: :peek:

normallynorm

3WishGenie
Jul 21 2014, 07:03 PM
The last time Nina was interesting was married to Ryan with Jill in her grill about her grandson...which would be the 90s lol.

But yea Nina and Murphy? Whooptidoo. What about Kay's children and grandchildren??? Her REAL family members? Oy.

Brock, Tucker and Mac? Oh yeah..what compelling characters!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

No use for Dru either. Her and Tyler perhaps. She,like MM have no purpose back on the show.
Behind the camera bullshit isn't needed.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

normallynorm
Jul 22 2014, 03:41 PM
3WishGenie
Jul 21 2014, 07:03 PM

Brock, Tucker and Mac? Oh yeah..what compelling characters!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
But they aren't around now, and yes, they were horribly boring.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Jul 22 2014, 04:45 PM
No use for Dru either. Her and Tyler perhaps. She,like MM have no purpose back on the show.
Behind the camera bullshit isn't needed.
Yeah, I think VR has pretty much sunk her own ship like Brenda Dickson did. The drama is supposed to be onscreen, not behind it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply