Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Popular Actor Returns!
Topic Started: Jul 23 2014, 12:09 PM (2,098 Views)
Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

quesla
Jul 27 2014, 03:23 PM
Sammie Jo
Jul 27 2014, 11:09 AM
quesla
Jul 26 2014, 02:59 PM
Sammie Jo
Jul 25 2014, 03:20 PM
if what your saying is true than y & r is at fault because if they choose to keep letting the unions sponsors only 1 race ,and their fine with it. because if you think that other races aren't interested in the entertainment industry .their are plenty of minorities with the certification, education and paid union fees who can't get sponsored .that's no different than 1 walmart employee making the whole company look bad their the face of the brand.
It is true, I worked around the studios for years, I know how it works. I don't know how you think it's Y&R's fault, they have no say over how the unions are operated. They need an electrician, they call the union, the union sends a guy/girl over, they don't get to say, Oh, I want a black guy or an Asian girl, you get whoever is next up for a job, it works by seniority. You can reject the one they send you, and ask for another one until you find someone who fits what you need.
I never said minorities weren't interested, I said the unions control it, not Y&R. Her beef should be with the unions, but she knows better, she'd never work again if she took on the union.
when you are brand you should stand for something no matter who you are contracting with because is what it is seen and heard .everything about you should be beyond reproach and that is why they are responsible. even if they did nothing but investigate and found VR's statements to be baseless say so and be done with it. Because the longer this keeps being ignored by Y &R the longer it will be kept alive if she is wrong shut her down if not they need to handle that too
They did settle this a long time ago, the only one who keeps bringing it up is VR. The show has more important things to do than to dispute her every time she gets on a tear.
If she really thinks she's right, she should file a civil rights suit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply