Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Y&R: Mariah Plots to Get Nick!; spoiler from Daytime Confidential
Topic Started: Jul 28 2014, 05:22 PM (2,115 Views)
BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

People get tired of seeing Sharon get off the hook on everything with her simpering and sniveling.
People get tired of seeing Nick ride in on his white shetland pony to save the damsel in distress AGAIN.
Mariah might hit on him, or he on her but it will be for information for or about Ian.
The "Shickians" are in for a rude awakening.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

My soul problem with this is it's plain sick and creepy and wrong on all levels. Mariah looks exactly like his daughter he raised from 10 to, what, 16? (And having the same actress emphasizes the grossness). If Nick ever, and I mean, ever kisses Mariah, it's like he's kissing his daughter and is attracted to her and that turns him into a sick bastard on all levels. I mean, like someone said, if Nick and Summer had the same situation, I'd be just as sick. I also was wondering at one point about Summer and Noah and if they were going to cross that line and I was prepared to say hell no to that. If I had a son who died and years later his identical twin (of no relation) came to town hitting on me, the mere thought of...I can't even type such sickness. I may be a Shick fan but there has to be limits and I draw the line at incestual storylines. I think it will be one-sided but the moment I feel otherwise or see Nick look sideways at Mariah, I'm out of here.
Edited by Ashtonion, Aug 1 2014, 11:12 AM.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

Isn't it incestuous when someone marries their father-in-law, their brother-in-law?

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

BlissfulLily
Aug 1 2014, 02:05 PM
Isn't it incestuous when someone marries their father-in-law, their brother-in-law?
It's not incestuous by law, but it most certainly is in extremely bad taste.
Remember way back when devon was first brought into the family and he had the hots for lilly?
Neil found out and gave him the "she's your sister" talk, even though they weren't blood and hadn't been raised together.
I consider any family member, blood or not, off limits, especially family members who you have lived with or been extremely close with, like in-laws.

PHICKER

Sammie Jo
Aug 1 2014, 05:54 PM
BlissfulLily
It's not incestuous by law, but it most certainly is in extremely bad taste.
Remember way back when devon was first brought into the family and he had the hots for lilly?
Neil found out and gave him the "she's your sister" talk, even though they weren't blood and hadn't been raised together.
I consider any family member, blood or not, off limits, especially family members who you have lived with or been extremely close with, like in-laws.
It is indeed in extremely bad taste. As I recall, Phyllis has never been involved with Nick's brother Adam or married to him nor married to Victor. But Sharon sure has done all that and she has also been married to Jack and then bedded Jack's brother Billy while she was involved with Jack.

At one point Sharon was boinking Jack, Billy, and Nick during a same time period.

It's all okay because Sharon did it.--- Nope!

Ashtonion
Member Avatar
Mmm....

BlissfulLily
It's not as sick as wanting to bed someone who looks exactly like your daughter, but believe me as a Shick fan or not, I couldn't stand any of that shit Sharon was doing with Jack, Nick, Billy and don't get me started on her and Adam. Then the shoplifting, acting like a loon, etc.. I was appalled with all that crap. I used to think there was no helping her but I'm finally back to enjoying Shick and Sharon and I don't need this gross crap thrown in. I think the Phyllis coming back will provide enough drama. I've never been a big Phyllis fan but she's had her moments, and her and Sharon going at it is always fun and I loved Phack.

Hell, I'm sure already they're gonna break up Shick probably due to this lie hanging over her head that she conveniently doesn't remember. I mean, it's a soap, and I let some crazy shit pass with people that I'd never let fly in real life (that goes for my prime time shows too), but Nick ever being attracted to his daughter's twin ain't one of them.
Edited by Ashtonion, Aug 1 2014, 09:06 PM.

ratfink
Member Avatar

Please no to Nick and Mariah...yuk! :soapbox:

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

Ashtonion
Aug 1 2014, 09:05 PM
BlissfulLily
It's not as sick as wanting to bed someone who looks exactly like your daughter, but believe me as a Shick fan or not, I couldn't stand any of that shit Sharon was doing with Jack, Nick, Billy and don't get me started on her and Adam. Then the shoplifting, acting like a loon, etc.. I was appalled with all that crap. I used to think there was no helping her but I'm finally back to enjoying Shick and Sharon and I don't need this gross crap thrown in. I think the Phyllis coming back will provide enough drama. I've never been a big Phyllis fan but she's had her moments, and her and Sharon going at it is always fun and I loved Phack.

Hell, I'm sure already they're gonna break up Shick probably due to this lie hanging over her head that she conveniently doesn't remember. I mean, it's a soap, and I let some crazy shit pass with people that I'd never let fly in real life (that goes for my prime time shows too), but Nick ever being attracted to his daughter's twin ain't one of them.
I don't think Nick is going to be attracted to Mariah at all, I think he will be horrified that she's coming on to him knowing that she is a dead ringer for Cassie.
At least I hope so.
If they go this route, I guess the next step will be Neil deciding he's in love with Lilly and they'll have an affair or Jill and Cane going after it. :shame: :shame: :shame:

natdot99
Member Avatar

I will give the storyline Y&R number one worst idea ever along with the Diane murder mystery.
It didn't make sense to bring CM back, only to be attracted to Nik since some viewers remember her as Cassie Newman.

BlissfulLily
Member Avatar

They say "Mariah plots to get Nick," not that he falls for it. People are so fast to compare him to other lecherous people that follow the family tree to the top nut.
He's being nice to her for Sharon, no other reason. When I see Nick going along with it and kissing her back, I will come in here and eat my hat with nothing on it.

Sammie Jo
Member Avatar

natdot99
Aug 2 2014, 10:41 AM
I will give the storyline Y&R number one worst idea ever along with the Diane murder mystery.
It didn't make sense to bring CM back, only to be attracted to Nik since some viewers remember her as Cassie Newman.
I wonder if this "attraction" is Ian's idea?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
« Previous Topic · Y&R & B&B: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply