Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Clyde/Kate/Lucas spoiler from Aussie magazine "TV Soap"
Topic Started: Jul 29 2014, 06:33 AM (3,580 Views)
nananana7

There is an article in the Australian magazine "TV Soap" about the Kami plot against the DiMeras. One of the features of the article is a discussion of what Kate is doing when she's distracted from D.E.

This section is about Kate, Clyde, and Lucas. Here is a summary/paraphrase, with a couple of brief quotes:

Kate continues to worry that Clyde might reveal that Kate is the one who brought Clyde to town. But more happens. Kate spends more time with Clyde because she is curious/concerned about him. Kate is somewhat drawn to Clyde; but also starts wondering about his past. She is uneasy. Clyde notices that Kate is uneasy, and therefore he starts to manipulate her. The magazine article says about Kate: "she starts to have an uneasy feeling that she may have gone too far by getting involved with Clyde".

Lucas wonders why his mother is hanging out with someone from a guy from the Ozarks who would seemingly have nothing in common with Kate. The magazine article says: "She assures Lucas that she has led a diverse life, such as the time she was forced to work as a waitress when Victor took everything from her." But Lucas realizes that there must be more going on.

This is from the issue of "TV Soap" dated July 17-31, 2014.
Note: It doesn't give a timeline as to when this spoiler will happen.

===============

It is now Wednesday September 3rd, and this spoiler still hasn't happened yet ...

Still waiting for this to happen ...

Jason47 posted that Lucas is one of the guest stars
(on one or more days)
sometime during week of Wed Sept 3rd through Mon Sept 8.

Lucas wasn't on Wednesday Sept 3rd.

====================
Edited by nananana7, Sep 3 2014, 07:04 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Marlene

Interesting turn of events. I thought Stefano was the only one who could manipulate Kate. I recall their "wedding" and the fear with which Kate went forward with the wedding, knowing that it was her price to pay for Stefano's covering up the mess with poisoning Chloe.

I wonder how this will resolve itself. Someone will have to come to Kate's rescue. Stefano? Maybe Victor? What a great time to bring back Bill Horton. While Lucas will certainly be involved, I wonder if this brings Rafe back into her orbit. Sorry, Rafe and Jordan aren't doing it for me. I also wonder, if with a new "super" villain in town, if this is the end of Stefano. Joe looks great for his age (he's around the same age as my parents) but from what others have posted it seems his health is not permitting him to be around as much.

It's an interesting twist. It's certain that Kate was not expecting that anyone from the Ozarks could ever manipulate the great Kate Roberts Dimera (my apologies to anyone from that region).
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7

Marlene
Jul 29 2014, 07:11 AM
It's an interesting twist. It's certain that Kate was not expecting that anyone from the Ozarks could ever manipulate the great Kate Roberts Dimera (my apologies to anyone from that region).

Yes. The article also says that Kate is thrown off balance to not be the one in control.
Offline Profile Goto Top

camera shy

Kate set herself up to be blackmailed by Clyde. And whats to stop Jordan from telling Rafe how she's been spying on her and broke into her apt.? She's on her way to losing Rafe as a friend.
Offline Profile Goto Top

confusedbyitall
Member Avatar

On the other hand...some more Lucas! :wub: I may start watching again.
Offline Profile Goto Top

monicasblueangel
Member Avatar

yes Lucas, dare I hope he will get more then a blip on the radar screen with this? Looks like he might be the one meddling in mom's affairs for a change.
Offline Profile Goto Top

kch

This would be a fantastic time to revisit Kate's history with Curtis. But, of course they would never do something that reasonable.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Lumi is Light, Lumi is Love ♥

So hoping Lucas comes back from his business trip next week. I seriously can't take the fact that Tomlin just doesn't include him AT ALL.....he didn't talk to Sami, barely exchanged a conversation with Abby, then he leaves and is away for 2 weeks....he SHOULD be involved in his mother's thing.....I just need Tomlin and his bias ass fired.
Offline Profile Goto Top

dockbuddy

Clyde the glide will probably end up dead with poor little Jordan as the suspect. Give it time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Kate continues to disappoint me. She lost her brain when Rafe's peen restored her soul, but I thought she found it again when she started plotting against the Demira men with Sami. Looks like she's still missing her brain.
Offline Profile Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Kaha
Jul 29 2014, 06:04 PM
Kate continues to disappoint me. She lost her brain when Rafe's peen restored her soul, but I thought she found it again when she started plotting against the Demira men with Sami. Looks like she's still missing her brain.
Kate's descent into pathetic-ness is pretty much on par with EJ's.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

concerned
Jul 29 2014, 06:17 PM
Kaha
Why, oh why did they have to have Kate say her revenge on Stefano is in retaliation for Rafe? :( They just zapped all the fun out of her. We actually saw Stefano and Kate fall in love. We saw her devastated when she found out Stefano tested her. He's the man who meant something to her! Stefano is the man who she shared a real relationship. Stefano destroying a love and a world she embraced should be the target because of those actions. This Rafe crap is just that. A big stinky pile.

Kate being drawn to Clyde is interesting because she obviously realizes he's a man of power and means. I can see that appealing to her. I have no idea if she comes to match him when she discovers she's no longer in the driver seat and he starts calling the shots. Maybe they'll have their own cat and mouse game. Anything that moves this story from the redundancy its been in and away from this baloney focusing on Rafe and his soul saving rod will be an improvement.

Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Jul 29 2014, 08:47 PM
concerned
Kaha
Why, oh why did they have to have Kate say her revenge on Stefano is in retaliation for Rafe? :( They just zapped all the fun out of her. We actually saw Stefano and Kate fall in love. We saw her devastated when she found out Stefano tested her. He's the man who meant something to her! Stefano is the man who she shared a real relationship. Stefano destroying a love and a world she embraced should be the target because of those actions. This Rafe crap is just that. A big stinky pile.

Kate being drawn to Clyde is interesting because she obviously realizes he's a man of power and means. I can see that appealing to her. I have no idea if she comes to match him when she discovers she's no longer in the driver seat and he starts calling the shots. Maybe they'll have their own cat and mouse game. Anything that moves this story from the redundancy its been in and away from this baloney focusing on Rafe and his soul saving rod will be an improvement.

I am sorry Hamilton, we're stuck with Kate's patheticness over Rafe's soul saving rod. Stefano humilated Kate so, she actually had a ligitimate reason to humilating him back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

am103
Member Avatar

While I've been enjoying the much-needed humor that Kate has injected into the Sami/EJ/Abigail story, I'm still pretty much hating Kate/Clyde. It's ridiculous that she didn't recognize Clyde's behavior right from the very beginning, and I'm so tired of her obsessing over Rafe. Where's the awesome Kate Roberts who framed Sami for murder, burned down Victor's mansion, and smacked Ian McAllister into the next millennium? I miss her.
Offline Profile Goto Top

jendays
Member Avatar

LuvingLumi
Jul 29 2014, 09:57 AM
So hoping Lucas comes back from his business trip next week. I seriously can't take the fact that Tomlin just doesn't include him AT ALL.....he didn't talk to Sami, barely exchanged a conversation with Abby, then he leaves and is away for 2 weeks....he SHOULD be involved in his mother's thing.....I just need Tomlin and his bias ass fired.
So YES to this. If we don't get a conversation between Sami and Lucas regarding this whole Ejabby thing, it will totally suck. Lucas is supposed to ignore this whole thing REALLY when it involves his whole family. Get REAL writers! :soapbox:
Offline Profile Goto Top

jendays
Member Avatar

monicasblueangel
Jul 29 2014, 09:17 AM
yes Lucas, dare I hope he will get more then a blip on the radar screen with this? Looks like he might be the one meddling in mom's affairs for a change.
It would be great if Lucas meddled in his Mom's affair for once, see how she likes it. Pay back and all!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

Kaha
Jul 29 2014, 09:07 PM
Hamilton
concerned
Kaha

I am sorry Hamilton, we're stuck with Kate's patheticness over Rafe's soul saving rod. Stefano humiliated Kate so, she actually had a legitimate reason to humiliating him back.
Yep we sure are stuck with it. :shame: As soon as they had Kate profess, with tears in her eyes no less, that her purpose in life is to make Stefano pay for trying to emasculate Rafe and NOT revenge for how Stefano humiliated her, my interest in her retribution took a nose dive.

The best thing they could do to elevate Kate out of that horrible dribble is to show us later Kate was playing Rafe at this moment. Her revenge is in fact centered on her need to get back at Stefano for the way he treated her and for the way he paraded his lover in her face. But she is also keeping Rafe close by having him believe she's doing all this for him, so when his inevitable break-up with Jordan happens he'll be more receptive to coming back her way. (Although, I'm SO ready for her obsession with Rafe to start to wane.)

Kate's goal to win against Stefano for her own reasons and to take Rafe away from Jordan to show she can make her more delightfully devious than needing to stand for a mans soul saving penis.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Hamilton
Member Avatar

am103
Jul 29 2014, 09:40 PM
While I've been enjoying the much-needed humor that Kate has injected into the Sami/EJ/Abigail story, I'm still pretty much hating Kate/Clyde. It's ridiculous that she didn't recognize Clyde's behavior right from the very beginning, and I'm so tired of her obsessing over Rafe. Where's the awesome Kate Roberts who framed Sami for murder, burned down Victor's mansion, and smacked Ian McAllister into the next millennium? I miss her.
I think Kate did recognize Clyde's behavior right from the beginning, but she just didn't care what kind of man he was. Her goal was to get Clyde to scare Jordan out of Salem. Kate knew from talking to Clyde, Jordan has been running 8 years from him, so Kate was betting Jordan would flee again if he came to town.

Now that we know neither Clyde nor Jordan are leaving town, I'd like to see Clyde and Kate become tangled together in their scheming. Who knows what could develop from it? Lucas getting involved in his mothers new love life could be a nice turn of events and I would certainly welcome Kate moving on from her obsession with Rafe. Kate & Rafe never made much sense as a pair; especially when they've had to try and stretch it into something it never was by writing things after the fact to try and give it more substance. We saw what it was - sex romps and nothing else . . . and then a coma. Move Kate on.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sindacco
Member Avatar

Hamilton
concerned
Kaha

I don't remember seeing Stefano and Kate fall in love. Kate was blackmailed into marrying Stefano, she was then thinking about poisoning him, then one day they were all of the sudden in love and a happy couple. It always felt forced to me.
Edited by Sindacco, Jul 30 2014, 11:41 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

why these people in charge never bring back Bill Horton ill never understand..Bill/Kate/Laura instant drama right there.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic