Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Clyde/Kate/Lucas spoiler from Aussie magazine "TV Soap"
Topic Started: Jul 29 2014, 06:33 AM (3,701 Views)
Hamilton
Member Avatar

Sindacco
Jul 30 2014, 11:40 AM
Hamilton
Jul 29 2014, 08:47 PM
concerned
Jul 29 2014, 06:17 PM
Kaha
Jul 29 2014, 06:04 PM
Kate continues to disappoint me. She lost her brain when Rafe's peen restored her soul, but I thought she found it again when she started plotting against the Demira men with Sami. Looks like she's still missing her brain.
Kate's descent into pathetic-ness is pretty much on par with EJ's.
Why, oh why did they have to have Kate say her revenge on Stefano is in retaliation for Rafe? :( They just zapped all the fun out of her. We actually saw Stefano and Kate fall in love. We saw her devastated when she found out Stefano tested her. He's the man who meant something to her! Stefano is the man who she shared a real relationship. Stefano destroying a love and a world she embraced should be the target because of those actions. This Rafe crap is just that. A big stinky pile.

Kate being drawn to Clyde is interesting because she obviously realizes he's a man of power and means. I can see that appealing to her. I have no idea if she comes to match him when she discovers she's no longer in the driver seat and he starts calling the shots. Maybe they'll have their own cat and mouse game. Anything that moves this story from the redundancy its been in and away from this baloney focusing on Rafe and his soul saving rod will be an improvement.

I don't remember seeing Stefano and Kate fall in love. Kate was blackmailed into marrying Stefano, she was then thinking about poisoning him, then one day they were all of the sudden in love and a happy couple. It always felt forced to me.
I get your point. There wasn't a big investment made in Stefano and Kate's 'love story'. But, at least with Stefano and Kate they did marry and share a home. Kate thawed in her animosity. I don't remember a big turning point either but she definitely became comfortable being a Dimera wife and showed him loving tenderness. She helped him with Chad and tried to keep the family together. This was an investment on her part so I'm fine with her being pissed at Stefano for treating her in a shabby manor. They did say they loved each other.

So as forced as some thought Stefano and Kate's relationship came across this stuff with Rafe is 100x worse. I'm fine with Kate kicking Stefano to the curb for good if that's what she truly wants. I'm not okay with the writers trying to convey she's doing it for Rafe because vindicating him means everything to her when all we ever saw of their relationship was humping for 2 months. There was no attempt at depth with them because there wasn't suppose to be. They didn't share anything other than a bed. It was just about having sex. Kate risking the wrath of Stefano in Rafe's name when all he ever has wanted from her was a booty call makes her completely ridiculous. This declaration doesn't serve her well. And now Rafe's a horny cheating bastard. This part of the story sucks!
Offline Profile Goto Top

fenderbabe
Member Avatar

I would LOVE the irony of Clyde becoming obsessed with Kate and finally cutting off little Rafe. It would be like Final Destination except with Rafe's penis.

Seriously, the only bright spot in this is that Lucas will be showing concern for his mother. Sometimes you wonder if he even cares about her anymore.
Edited by fenderbabe, Jul 30 2014, 05:21 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ LUMI ♥

tylerbo20
Jul 30 2014, 02:07 PM
why these people in charge never bring back Bill Horton ill never understand..Bill/Kate/Laura instant drama right there.
You don't even need to bring Laura immediately, bill/Kate/Stefano would do it
Offline Profile Goto Top

tylerbo20

Jen needs her mom Abby needs her grandma Marlena needs her friend Laura needs to be there
Offline Profile Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

Quote:

This is from the issue of "TV Soap" dated July 17-31, 2014.
Note: It doesn't give a timeline as to when this spoiler will happen.

Still waiting ...

Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

nananana7
Jul 29 2014, 06:33 AM
There is an article in the Australian magazine "TV Soap" about the Kami plot against the DiMeras. One of the features of the article is a discussion of what Kate is doing when she's distracted from D.E.

This section is about Kate, Clyde, and Lucas. Here is a summary/paraphrase, with a couple of brief quotes:

Kate continues to worry that Clyde might reveal that Kate is the one who brought Clyde to town. But more happens. Kate spends more time with Clyde because she is curious/concerned about him. Kate is somewhat drawn to Clyde; but also starts wondering about his past. She is uneasy. Clyde notices that Kate is uneasy, and therefore he starts to manipulate her. The magazine article says about Kate: "she starts to have an uneasy feeling that she may have gone too far by getting involved with Clyde".

Lucas wonders why his mother is hanging out with someone from a guy from the Ozarks who would seemingly have nothing in common with Kate. The magazine article says: "She assures Lucas that she has led a diverse life, such as the time she was forced to work as a waitress when Victor took everything from her." But Lucas realizes that there must be more going on.

While reading this I got a feeling this could lead to Lucas being killed somehow because of Clyde and Kate will be responsible.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

am103
Jul 29 2014, 09:40 PM
While I've been enjoying the much-needed humor that Kate has injected into the Sami/EJ/Abigail story, I'm still pretty much hating Kate/Clyde. It's ridiculous that she didn't recognize Clyde's behavior right from the very beginning, and I'm so tired of her obsessing over Rafe. Where's the awesome Kate Roberts who framed Sami for murder, burned down Victor's mansion, and smacked Ian McAllister into the next millennium? I miss her.
I don't see that Kate's acting OOC. It's just like Kate to be over confident and think she's got it all figured out. She thought she was pretty clever to find Clyde. Why would she question anything about him? She's had her mind made up about Jordan from day one, why wouldn't she think she has Clyde figured out too?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

Ugh! Another stupid plot making Kate seem pathetic and dumb as dirt. What is she going to lose when Jordan or Rafe find out she brought Clyde to Salem? What are the stakes exactly? On the one hand, she'll lose a man who was never hers to begin with. On the other hand, she's putting herself at the mercy of Clyde and his mountain men. Yes, that's a hard choice to make :rolleyes:
Edited by Kaha, Aug 16 2014, 01:33 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

fundays13
Member Avatar

I never understood Kate's childish obssession with doofus bore Rafe. :shrug:

So much time wasted when she could have been involved with someone else in Salem. I think I will relish Jordan exposing Kate with all the Clyde stuff but then again she's the reason Kate was able to pull off all her crap by not being upfront to Rafe about her past.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renee Dimera
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Aug 16 2014, 11:22 AM
nananana7
There is an article in the Australian magazine "TV Soap" about the Kami plot against the DiMeras. One of the features of the article is a discussion of what Kate is doing when she's distracted from D.E.

This section is about Kate, Clyde, and Lucas. Here is a summary/paraphrase, with a couple of brief quotes:

Kate continues to worry that Clyde might reveal that Kate is the one who brought Clyde to town. But more happens. Kate spends more time with Clyde because she is curious/concerned about him. Kate is somewhat drawn to Clyde; but also starts wondering about his past. She is uneasy. Clyde notices that Kate is uneasy, and therefore he starts to manipulate her. The magazine article says about Kate: "she starts to have an uneasy feeling that she may have gone too far by getting involved with Clyde".

Lucas wonders why his mother is hanging out with someone from a guy from the Ozarks who would seemingly have nothing in common with Kate. The magazine article says: "She assures Lucas that she has led a diverse life, such as the time she was forced to work as a waitress when Victor took everything from her." But Lucas realizes that there must be more going on.

While reading this I got a feeling this could lead to Lucas being killed somehow because of Clyde and Kate will be responsible.
Rosebud, bite your tongue! I swear, if they were to kill off Lucas, I'd lead the revolt on the Burbank studios! :blulaugh:
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Renee Dimera
Aug 16 2014, 03:19 PM
Rosebud
Aug 16 2014, 11:22 AM
nananana7

Rosebud, bite your tongue! I swear, if they were to kill off Lucas, I'd lead the revolt on the Burbank studios! :blulaugh:
Sorry, sometimes I have bad thoughts. B-)
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic