Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Thursday, July 31st Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Jul 30 2014, 11:17 PM (19,343 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

Posted Image

Discuss!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

I do find myself missing Mickey at times. Haven't heard or read anything about John Clarke in a long time. Wonder how he's doing these days.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

doobug

I was going to ask this last night at the start of the thread so I didn't have pages to go through to find an answer. The topic of sets keep coming up. What ever happened to Bo and Hopes house because that was a large set and also Abe's place. And didn't jennifer live in a different house when she was with frankie before jack came back again

Jason47
Member Avatar

doobug
Jul 30 2014, 11:53 PM
I was going to ask this last night at the start of the thread so I didn't have pages to go through to find an answer. The topic of sets keep coming up. What ever happened to Bo and Hopes house because that was a large set and also Abe's place. And didn't jennifer live in a different house when she was with frankie before jack came back again
They were some of the larger house sets. They weren't planning on keeping the Horton House either, but luckily they changed their minds. They just phased out those 3 sets over the years: Jack/Jennifer's House, which became Bo/Hope's House; Roman/Marlena's House which became Abe/Lexie's House; and the newer Jack/Jennifer House.

Jason47
Member Avatar

lysie
Jul 30 2014, 11:17 PM
Posted Image

Discuss!
Posted Image

Jason47
Member Avatar

james0479
Jul 30 2014, 11:20 PM
Haven't heard or read anything about John Clarke in a long time. Wonder how he's doing these days.
Me either. The most recent thing I could find in a recent search was Mindy Clarke mentioning his 80th birthday party in 2011:

On May 1, 2011, she tweeted:
"Good night! End of the eve. My dad's 80th bday party at the beach! Home sweet home! Xoxo"

and on May 3, 2011:
"I told my dad about all your Bday wishes! Thank you! However Twitter is a bit confusing to him I think! "Huh that's nice, I think"

A year after he retired from "Days", he did this event for his local town in 2005:

http://www.dpcoastalarts.org/news/05-14-05-tea.html

Posted Image

Emmy Award-winning actor John Clarke, the fundraiser’s keynote speaker, supports the effort.

The San Clemente resident has a bachelor degree in theater and a masters degree in television, both from UCLA. Clarke was the first president of Capistrano Valley Symphony in 1984 and has been a longtime advocate of local arts.

“I’d like to see Coastal Arts grow and be a fertile ground for getting people truly involved in artistic projects, whether it’s bringing a painter to a lecture/demonstration or a violinist or chamber group to perform in schools or homes,” said Clarke, best-known as the original Mickey Horton on “Days of Our Lives.”

“The arts always need help, but especially since the (...) government has pulled away from the arts,’’ he said. “It’s important to have arts here for people who can’t get out and travel in that awful freeway traffic to Los Angeles or even the Performing Arts Center.’’

Clarke was the most vocal arts advocate among the several speakers Saturday.
“Arts!” Clarke bellowed without benefit of a microphone at the start of his speech. “It’s all around us. As one professor I had at UCLA said, and I’ll never forget it: ‘Art is anything over and above the utilitarian.’ If you see a spade with nothing to it, that’s not art; but if it has a little bit of paint, it’s art.

“You can disagree with the artist, it can be good or bad, but it’s still art. I once saw a huge painting that was all black. It brought out a negative reaction from me and others. That’s art. It’s not something that’s on a wall but in our hearts. It’s something that reaches out to us. And the beauty of what we have here is the reason why Coastal Arts is here.

“We need to support the arts, because the government won’t. Wouldn’t it be great if we had someone in Washington who thought more about the arts than about the war?”

At that, his audience burst into applause.

“He’s not a Coastal Arts member, but after that speech, we should make him an honorary member,” Wassmann said.

doobug

Jason47
Jul 31 2014, 12:34 AM
doobug
They were some of the larger house sets. They weren't planning on keeping the Horton House either, but luckily they changed their minds. They just phased out those 3 sets over the years: Jack/Jennifer's House, which became Bo/Hope's House; Roman/Marlena's House which became Abe/Lexie's House; and the newer Jack/Jennifer House.
Well they should have repurpose them better. I can't even tell where they are now. I miss those sets. Even marlena's pent house. Its like the only ppl that have homes are jennifer and gang. Grandma brady demiras victor and gang and will and sonny. 3 apt. And a hotel. But theresa apt and apt for eve and paige look alike so I don't think that should count as 2

presley23
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 31 2014, 12:34 AM
doobug
And what a shame it is that they phased those sets out! I miss the days when people were actually seen in their homes, as opposed to the town square, the pub or that generic hotel room. I also miss the pier, Penthouse Grille, Chez Rouge and Wings. And I REALLY miss the Cheatin' Heart being a bar instead of a coffeehouse!!

jam6242
Member Avatar

I miss Mickey. He was one of my favorite characters in the 70s. I loathed that Johnny kid though.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I miss Mickey as well, but can't help but wonder - what ever became of Johnny? Maybe HE'S the bio-father of Tammy Sue & Oliver?? Egad...did I just put that out there??? :lol:

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

jam6242
Jul 31 2014, 06:26 AM
I miss Mickey. He was one of my favorite characters in the 70s. I loathed that Johnny kid though.
I love watching the Marlena aspect - her take him in and being a mommy after DJ, but boy he really was not easy to tolerate. And I miss Mickey. Mostly because I miss J&M having a relationship with the Hortons. They were just as close to the Hortons as they were to the Bradys, and Mickey was just likable, despite being the lamest lawyer in ever.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Rafe shows up at TBD and asks Ben where Jordan is. Rafe thinks she's avoiding him.

Jordan at work...she thinks a patient has returned but it's Clyde. He thinks she's avoiding her Daddy.

Kate visits a sleeping Arianna. Will wants to know how Sami and Kate plotted their revenge. Kate looks...aback.

Victor asks if EJ is curious what companies he needs consultation on.

Sami says she doesn't want to talk to Abigail. Improved Abigail with backbone says she'll do all the talking.

Daniel and Kristen go back and forth.

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Daniel calls Kristen a bitch. He doesn't come off tough or cool. He comes of assholeish. She's non-plussed.

Sami mocks Abigail about getting fired. Abigail seems to get more confident and even grabs Sami...and says she's not afraid of her. Sami thinks she is.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Honeybees
Jul 31 2014, 11:04 AM
Rafe shows up at TBD and asks Ben where Jordan is. Rafe thinks she's avoiding him.

Jordan at work...she thinks a patient has returned but it's Clyde. He thinks she's avoiding her Daddy.

Kate visits a sleeping Arianna. Will wants to know how Sami and Kate plotted their revenge. Kate looks...aback.

Sami says she doesn't want to talk to Abigail. Improved Abigail with backbone says she'll do all the talking.

Thank you for posting the break down of scenes I live in Chicago due to a shooting in a business build NO Days her today for me. And it a Day I want to see since Will is on and it doesn't look like I going to get Days. Guess I will have to check online later
Edited by WilSonJAb33, Jul 31 2014, 11:08 AM.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Honeybees

moral of the story? Everyone thinks Jordan's avoiding them but really she's just at work (this must be why nobody else every works; when they do everyone else in town thinks they're purposefully ignoring them).

Restless84
Member Avatar

Go Abigail! Don't hold back!

Rosebud
Member Avatar

The Room Stops
Jul 31 2014, 10:53 AM
jam6242
Jul 31 2014, 06:26 AM
I love watching the Marlena aspect - her take him in and being a mommy after DJ, but boy he really was not easy to tolerate. And I miss Mickey. Mostly because I miss J&M having a relationship with the Hortons. They were just as close to the Hortons as they were to the Bradys, and Mickey was just likable, despite being the lamest lawyer in ever.
:thumbsup:

Did Mickey die? I have no recollection of what happened to him.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Honeybees

Day three and counting... :yawnz:

Honeybees
Member Avatar

Kate explains that Nick mailed Sami the pictures. Why did Sami reach out to you, asked Will? Kate says because of her business skills. Will asks how they fooled EJ and Stefano. Kate: ego.

Ben says Jordan has not been avoiding Rafe but working crazy hours. Rafe says is that your way of asking me to be patient? Ben says she cares about you. Rafe says I care about her.

Clyde says everyone in town likes her. Jordan says why did people talk to you. Clyde says he told people that he was her father..."Jordan"...and she looks irritated.

Snerk. Kate sold S&E (Stefano and Elvis) Holdings to Victor. Victor needs EJ's consultation. EJ looks shocked....like, seriously "OMG" shocked.

Abigail asks why EJ choose her. Sami said she was nearby and men will say anything to get laid. Abigail smirks and says you know that is not true and that is why you are so scared and angry.

Daniel tries to mock Kristen. She is cool as a cucumber. And there's some contrived nonsense about calling Brady....
Edited by Honeybees, Jul 31 2014, 11:14 AM.

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

Rosebud
Jul 31 2014, 11:12 AM
Honeybees

Day three and counting... :yawnz:
Rosebud your lucky at least you have Days today so far Chicago area does not due to a shooting in a finical building... I am going to have to find it on Youtube later today.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply