Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some Days markets move Days for Meredith Vieira show starting Sept 8th
Topic Started: Jul 31 2014, 06:38 AM (4,666 Views)
mrfixit
Member Avatar

Edit by Ellie: I'm pasting Jason47's post here to avoid confusion:

NBC owns and operates 10 of its many affiliates.

For those 10 affiliates (known as O&O's in the business), based on Meredith Vieira's air schedule:

WRC (Washington DC), WMAQ (Chicago), WCAU (Philadelphia), KXAS (Dallas) and KNSD (San Diego) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 1PM.

WNBC (New York City), KNBC (Los Angeles), WVIT (Connecticut) and WTVJ (Miami) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 2PM.

KNTV (San Francisco/Oakland) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 3PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

nananana7
Member Avatar

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The moderators replaced the opening post with more up-to-date info, for clarity reasons.

Adding context to my post, since I was replying to a post that is no longer there .....

A member posted a link to
an item that shows info from the channel "NBC4" in Washington DC.
And the post quoted something from that article ...

I had replied as follows:

Your quote is from the webpage of NBC's Washington DC channel.
The timechange will be true for them.

But is this true everywhere?

I saw this in Variety:
"The Meredith Vieira Show" bows Sept. 8.
In many markets, it will be carried in an afternoon block with NBCU's "The Steve Harvey Show" and Ellen DeGeneres' yakker.

That sounds to me like different markets/locations may air Meredith's show at different times.

Edited by nananana7, Aug 1 2014, 10:22 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

So this means DAYS will move to 12 p.m. for those? That is funny, I actually thought the show aired at that timeslot in most markets.

fundays13
Member Avatar

Why do they keep moving Days around? Originally it aired at 11am in Dallas. Then ladt year it moved to noon. So does this mean its going back to 11? :shrug: :rolleyes:

Marlene

In Philadelphia, Days moved to noon last September to make room for Access Hollywood, or something like that. I wonder where Meridith will go. We have an 11AM news program and before that, the never-ending Today show (actually I just can do without the last hour of Today). When Ellen ends, it's news again. So, either Access Hollywood is going or they're cutting back on a news show. Please don't boot Days back to 11. Does anyone recall the old NBC promos with "love in the afternoon"? 11 AM is not afternoon.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

In my area the last hour of Today show is shown right before Days. My time better not change.

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

I don't think this would be true for everyone. In St. Louis, Days used to air at 2. A few years ago it changed to 1 because of Dr. Oz and I never adjusted. Thankfully, it went back to 2 again last year. None of those changes impacted viewers around the country, just those who tuned in to that particular NBC affiliate. I bet this is the case as well.
Edited by Spencer Hastings, Jul 31 2014, 09:20 AM.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I heard Meredith would be appearing at 1 pm.

marybee50
Member Avatar

In central Maryland,the Baltimore affiliate's day runs 3hrs of Today,Live with Kelly,Access Hollywood,1/2 hr local news,1/2 syndicated,Who wants to be millionaire,Days,Dr Oz,Harvey,and Ellen.It will be interesting to see what goes and where they will put Meredith.

Days right now is on at 1PM,so I guess it will be moved if NBC wants Meredith on at 1.
Edited by marybee50, Jul 31 2014, 09:52 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

I also read Meredith will be a 1pm show and that's the time NBC wants all markets picking it up to air it in. Days in my area comes on at 2pm so I doubt ill be affected but I am curious as to what will either leave the typical NBC daytime lineup or how they will shuffle it all around. We get The Doctors here at 1 and they can toss that for all I care lol

rknudson78
Member Avatar

On my NBC station they air some crap in the afternoon with Judge Judy, The Test. Maybe one of those are going off.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Days doesn't even come on NBC in Las Vegas it comes on the CW channel.

Safensane

I don't care what time they air it... I just wish they'd repeat it late at night, either 2:00 or 3:00 am, in case of some interruption from a news bulletin or weather report! Man, I miss Soapnet! :frustration:
Edited by Safensane, Jul 31 2014, 09:52 AM.

DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Safensane
Jul 31 2014, 09:51 AM
I don't care what time they air it... I just wish they'd repeat it late at night, either 2:00 or 3:00 am, in case of some interruption from a news bulletin or weather report! Man, I miss Soapnet! :frustration:
They should make a deal with TVGN.

blueskies
Member Avatar

I'm okay with this change! I'm in the Baltimore/DC area and get both NBC stations. And since I only live 10 mins from work, this would be a good excuse to go home for lunch on occasion and/or gym.

Restless84
Member Avatar

I'm not sure whether it's changing where I live, but I'd love to get it at 12:00. That is more convenient for me.

GoodnightGracie
Member Avatar

I checked my local listings for the Meredith Show on her show's site and it has her listed as coming on at 2pm in my local area. Seeing as Days airs at 1pm here I doubt I'll be affected.

camera shy

I think it's up to each affiliate to decide what shows they want to run. When Passions went off the air here in Baltimore they never ran that Kathy Lee show at Passions' two'o clock time slot. But they run it now at like three in the morning.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

Yep, it's now on at noon in Philly. It was shown at noon more than a decade ago for a bit, probably 1999 or 2000. It was for just a few years. Before that, Days always aired at 1PM. It went back to that sometime in the 2000s, up until last year. I actually prefer it at noon. I don't know why, but I didn't like it when they changed it last time to noon. I think I was just so used to the 1PM timeslot. Now that I'm really invested in the show, I appreciate seeing it earlier now.

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar

I stay in BR, Louisiana Days has always came on @ noon and still does never moved .. :eyeroll:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply