Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some Days markets move Days for Meredith Vieira show starting Sept 8th
Topic Started: Jul 31 2014, 06:38 AM (4,261 Views)
Will&Sonny

It has always aired at 1:00 p.m. EST here, as far as I'm aware (at least since 1995, when I started watching it).

Here, The Ellen DeGeneres Show airs at 3:00 p.m. EST, and it is being moved from NBC to ABC, so I'm guessing Meredith will be taking Ellen's spot.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jul 31 2014, 11:50 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Will&Sonny

Oh, The Meredith Vieira Show's actually going to air on ABC in my area (at 10:00 a.m. EST). As GoodnightGracie alluded to, you can check the show's website to figure out when and where it is going to air in your area.

It looks like it's actually not airing at 1:00 p.m. in many markets at all, so that report someone mentioned about NBC wanting it in that time slot might have been wrong. Or maybe they just didn't get what they wanted.
Edited by Will&Sonny, Jul 31 2014, 12:05 PM.

marybee50
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jul 31 2014, 12:02 PM
Oh, The Meredith Vieira Show's actually going to air on ABC in my area (at 10:00 a.m. EST). As GoodnightGracie alluded to, you can check the show's website to figure out when and where it is going to air in your area.

It looks like it's actually not airing at 1:00 p.m. in many markets at all, so that report someone mentioned about NBC wanting it in that time slot might have been wrong. Or maybe they just didn't get what they wanted.
Thank you.In the Baltimore area it will be on at 2PM.So maybe Days is staying at 1 and they will move Dr Oz.

Jason47
Member Avatar

nananana7
Jul 31 2014, 08:00 AM
Your quote is from the webpage of NBC's Washington DC channel. The timechange will be true for them.

But is this true everywhere?

Meredith Vieira is a syndicated talk show, even though many NBC affiliates will be airing it. So, right now, only Washington DC has announced its affiliate will move the Days time slot.

Jason47
Member Avatar

fundays13
Jul 31 2014, 08:28 AM
Why do they keep moving Days around? Originally it aired at 11am in Dallas. Then ladt year it moved to noon. So does this mean its going back to 11? :shrug: :rolleyes:
Every local affiliate decides when they want to air Days and when they want to air syndicated programming.

Jason47
Member Avatar

marybee50
Jul 31 2014, 09:38 AM
In central Maryland,the Baltimore affiliate's day runs 3hrs of Today,Live with Kelly,Access Hollywood,1/2 hr local news,1/2 syndicated,Who wants to be millionaire,Days,Dr Oz,Harvey,and Ellen.It will be interesting to see what goes and where they will put Meredith.

Days right now is on at 1PM,so I guess it will be moved if NBC wants Meredith on at 1.
Other than Today and Days, all the rest of what you listed is syndicated programming.

Jason47
Member Avatar

NBC owns and operates 10 of its many affiliates.

For those 10 affiliates (known as O&O's in the business), based on Meredith Vieira's air schedule:

WRC (Washington DC), WMAQ (Chicago), WCAU (Philadelphia), KXAS (Dallas) and KNSD (San Diego) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 1PM.

WNBC (New York City), KNBC (Los Angeles), WVIT (Connecticut) and WTVJ (Miami) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 2PM.

KNTV (San Francisco/Oakland) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 3PM.

rknudson78
Member Avatar

Thanks for posting that site. It won't affect me. My area will be a local ABC station that it carry it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Graceland
Member Avatar

Hey, at least they aren't saying that Days is being dropped for Meredith completely.

specialcases
Member Avatar
your own "personal" Jesus

Days has always been on at 1pm in Boston....that is, when 7News isn't cutting in with "breaking news" about a snowflake or raindrop

leela46
Member Avatar

Oh for the love of God, another talk show? There's too many fucking talk shows on already. You couldn't pay me to watch even one of them.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dorothy595
Member Avatar

Safensane
Jul 31 2014, 09:51 AM
I don't care what time they air it... I just wish they'd repeat it late at night, either 2:00 or 3:00 am, in case of some interruption from a news bulletin or weather report! Man, I miss Soapnet! :frustration:
You mean like today in the Chicago area when we only got to see the last 12 minutes of the show because of disgruntled worker shooting his CEO for getting a demotion and then killing himself.

There are shooting all the time in Chicago but these news anchors just love to drag it out and hear the sound of their own voices even after all the vital information has been reported.

The show finally came on just as Will and Sonny kissed and I watched it from there to the end (including the commercials) :drunk:

I miss soapnet.
Edited by Dorothy595, Jul 31 2014, 02:36 PM.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

DawnElicia
Jul 31 2014, 09:56 AM
Safensane
I don't care what time they air it... I just wish they'd repeat it late at night, either 2:00 or 3:00 am, in case of some interruption from a news bulletin or weather report! Man, I miss Soapnet! :frustration:
They should make a deal with TVGN.
I completely agree with this... Thank You for saying it!!

Will&Sonny

Safensane
I miss SoapNet, too, and I completely agree that it'd be nice to have another channel airing same-day episodes in case of (completely unnecessary and annoying) preemptions, but the episodes go up around 3:00 a.m. EST on Hulu anyway, so airing them that late probably wouldn't be seen as much of a benefit over what we already have. Something in the early evening or prime time range would be preferable.

CBS owns TVGN and might not be interested in letting Days air on that channel (granted, ABC owned SoapNet, but that was a different situation), but NBC owns E!, Bravo, and Oxygen, all of which would be logical choices for a similar same-day-episodes arrangement.

marybee50
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 31 2014, 12:26 PM
marybee50
Jul 31 2014, 09:38 AM
In central Maryland,the Baltimore affiliate's day runs 3hrs of Today,Live with Kelly,Access Hollywood,1/2 hr local news,1/2 syndicated,Who wants to be millionaire,Days,Dr Oz,Harvey,and Ellen.It will be interesting to see what goes and where they will put Meredith.

Days right now is on at 1PM,so I guess it will be moved if NBC wants Meredith on at 1.
Other than Today and Days, all the rest of what you listed is syndicated programming.
I know that all those shows are syndicated.The discussion at the time was if NBC was trying to get stations to air Meredith at 1pm and what would happen to Days.Because of the link to Meredith's site,I now know she will be on at 2pm.

I tried to find out if my local station has issued its daytime fall lineup,but have not been able to so far.Something will have to be moved or let go,and I don't know if that includes moving Days.It seems to me most of the syndicated shows are popular,but I don't know local ratings and if that would affect any move. :shrug:

Nate
Member Avatar

So is DAYS cancelled in DC? So confused. I don't see where they would move it to.

PALMommy
Member Avatar

fundays13
Jul 31 2014, 08:28 AM
Why do they keep moving Days around? Originally it aired at 11am in Dallas. Then ladt year it moved to noon. So does this mean its going back to 11? :shrug: :rolleyes:
I live in Fort Worth and I never remember it airing at 11 in recent years. I watched it at 1:00 to 2:00 on KXAS until like you said about a year or so ago, but never remember it coming on at 11.

trojangal
Member Avatar

Jason47
Jul 31 2014, 12:33 PM
NBC owns and operates 10 of its many affiliates.

For those 10 affiliates (known as O&O's in the business), based on Meredith Vieira's air schedule:

WRC (Washington DC), WMAQ (Chicago), WCAU (Philadelphia), KXAS (Dallas) and KNSD (San Diego) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 1PM.

WNBC (New York City), KNBC (Los Angeles), WVIT (Connecticut) and WTVJ (Miami) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 2PM.

KNTV (San Francisco/Oakland) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 3PM.
Thanks for the info Jason :D
In Chicago Days switched from 1 to 11 a few years ago right around the time ABC switched GH from 2 to 1.
Right now I think we get Access Hollywood Live at 1, MV will hopefully be an improvement lol

naptown
Member Avatar

Nate
Jul 31 2014, 05:29 PM
So is DAYS cancelled in DC? So confused. I don't see where they would move it to.
NBC4 posted on their site that Days will be moving to noon. I don't know what they'll do with Access Hollywood Live, but the lineup looks like they'll keep the local news at 11 am, Days at noon, and Merideth at 1.

naptown
Member Avatar

blueskies
Jul 31 2014, 09:56 AM
I'm okay with this change! I'm in the Baltimore/DC area and get both NBC stations. And since I only live 10 mins from work, this would be a good excuse to go home for lunch on occasion and/or gym.
I get both Baltimore and DC stations too, Blueskies. I'm in Annapolis (hence the name Naptown, although this show has been a snoozer for quite some time). I usually DVR and watch late at night, but occasionally like to watch live and enjoy the snarky play by play on this board when I'm home. Now the dilemma will be when to watch live and snark if Baltimore still airs it at 1 or DC at 12. I guess I'll have to wait and see when most people are watching and posting. I hated seeing noon play by plays when I wasn't watching until 1.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply