Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Some Days markets move Days for Meredith Vieira show starting Sept 8th
Topic Started: Jul 31 2014, 06:38 AM (4,197 Views)
DawnElicia
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Jul 31 2014, 04:07 PM
Safensane
Jul 31 2014, 09:51 AM
I don't care what time they air it... I just wish they'd repeat it late at night, either 2:00 or 3:00 am, in case of some interruption from a news bulletin or weather report! Man, I miss Soapnet! :frustration:
I miss SoapNet, too, and I completely agree that it'd be nice to have another channel airing same-day episodes in case of (completely unnecessary and annoying) preemptions, but the episodes go up around 3:00 a.m. EST on Hulu anyway, so airing them that late probably wouldn't be seen as much of a benefit over what we already have. Something in the early evening or prime time range would be preferable.

CBS owns TVGN and might not be interested in letting Days air on that channel (granted, ABC owned SoapNet, but that was a different situation), but NBC owns E!, Bravo, and Oxygen, all of which would be logical choices for a similar same-day-episodes arrangement.
True but isnt it owned by Sony the same people who own Y&R.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

naptown
Jul 31 2014, 10:58 PM
blueskies
Jul 31 2014, 09:56 AM
I'm okay with this change! I'm in the Baltimore/DC area and get both NBC stations. And since I only live 10 mins from work, this would be a good excuse to go home for lunch on occasion and/or gym.
I get both Baltimore and DC stations too, Blueskies. I'm in Annapolis (hence the name Naptown, although this show has been a snoozer for quite some time). I usually DVR and watch late at night, but occasionally like to watch live and enjoy the snarky play by play on this board when I'm home. Now the dilemma will be when to watch live and snark if Baltimore still airs it at 1 or DC at 12. I guess I'll have to wait and see when most people are watching and posting. I hated seeing noon play by plays when I wasn't watching until 1.
Ellicott City here :)

I generally read during lunch as it is, but yeah it is nicer when there are more people posting at 1!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Guess that article I read about "Meredith" wanting to be seen at 1pm was wrong. That idea sounded odd to me anyway. I DVR a few daytime tv shows...Days (of course), Dr Phil (guilty pleasure), The View (can't wait for Rosie's return), The Talk (I like the first 20 minutes) and Judge Judy (cracks me up). I can watch all those shows usually in about 1 hour and 45 min lol. While I've found recent talk shows kinda boring, I like Meredith so ill check it out!

Sariah
Member Avatar

Safensane
I don't care what time they air it... I just wish they'd repeat it late at night, either 2:00 or 3:00 am, in case of some interruption from a news bulletin or weather report! Man, I miss Soapnet! :frustration:
I have that - my NBC affiliate airs Days at 1:05 in the morning. So, no preemptions, but it also means that I can't watch the show until the day after everyone else. So I don't get to participate in most discussions until a day late. :)

Will&Sonny

DawnElicia
Jul 31 2014, 11:51 PM
Will&Sonny
Jul 31 2014, 04:07 PM
Safensane
I miss SoapNet, too, and I completely agree that it'd be nice to have another channel airing same-day episodes in case of (completely unnecessary and annoying) preemptions, but the episodes go up around 3:00 a.m. EST on Hulu anyway, so airing them that late probably wouldn't be seen as much of a benefit over what we already have. Something in the early evening or prime time range would be preferable.

CBS owns TVGN and might not be interested in letting Days air on that channel (granted, ABC owned SoapNet, but that was a different situation), but NBC owns E!, Bravo, and Oxygen, all of which would be logical choices for a similar same-day-episodes arrangement.
True but isnt it owned by Sony the same people who own Y&R.
From what I can tell, no. Sony has ownership in Y&R and Days but doesn't have ownership in CBS or TVGN. So they can get involved in things like Eileen Davidson's contract details, but they can't make CBS air Days on TVGN just because they have ownership in both Y&R and Days.

But I could be wrong about that -- it's just my conclusion based on a few minutes of online searches, but maybe I'm looking in the wrong places or didn't dig deep enough. (Note: I did find a few articles from early 2013 that argued that CBS needed to purchase and merge with Sony Pictures Entertainment, but from what I can tell, nothing ever came of that -- it was just an analyst's recommendation based on speculation that Sony Pictures Entertainment might soon be up for sale.)

Jason47
Member Avatar

Will&Sonny
Aug 1 2014, 07:24 PM
Sony has ownership in Y&R and Days but doesn't have ownership in CBS or TVGN. So they can get involved in things like Eileen Davidson's contract details, but they can't make CBS air Days on TVGN just because they have ownership in both Y&R and Days.
Actually, Corday Productions owns a small percentage of YR too, in the agreement they made with Bill Bell to allow him to leave and focus on YR 1973.

From Variety's archives, here's an announcement about YR from the 11/7/72 edition:

CBS-TV reports "The Innocent Years," half-hour daytime drama series, is planned for presentation this spring on the network. "Years" was created by William J. Bell and will be produced by Corday Prods. Inc., in association with Screen Gems. Bell will also serve as head writer. Elizabeth Corday will be exec consultant.
Edited by Jason47, Aug 2 2014, 07:28 PM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Jason47
Aug 2 2014, 07:17 PM
Will&Sonny
Sony has ownership in Y&R and Days but doesn't have ownership in CBS or TVGN. So they can get involved in things like Eileen Davidson's contract details, but they can't make CBS air Days on TVGN just because they have ownership in both Y&R and Days.
Actually, Corday Productions owns a small percentage of YR too, in the agreement they made with Bill Bell to allow him to leave and focus on YR 1973.
So funny you mentioned that because I recalled reading that at some point and just the other day I was wondering if I'd imagined that or if it were true. Cuz I knew I'd read that. As usual, you've read my mind lol. Thanks Jason. That's some interesting info!

Will&Sonny

Jason47
Aug 2 2014, 07:17 PM
Will&Sonny

From Variety's archives, here's an announcement about YR from the 11/7/72 edition:

CBS-TV reports "The Innocent Years," half-hour daytime drama series, is planned for presentation this spring on the network. "Years" was created by William J. Bell and will be produced by Corday Prods. Inc., in association with Screen Gems. Bell will also serve as head writer. Elizabeth Corday will be exec consultant.
Yeah, I worded it as "Sony has ownership in..." instead of "Sony owns" because I knew they weren't the sole owners. But I hadn't seen that announcement before, so thanks for posting it!
Edited by Will&Sonny, Aug 3 2014, 06:45 AM.

nananana7

General Hospital is also changing times the same week -- in some cities:
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9133806/1/

katieb

For anyone in the St. Louis metro area, here is the new KSDK afternoon lineup...

NBC's Days of Our Lives is moving to 1:00 p.m. and there's a shuffling of syndicated programming, with Dr. Oz moving to 2:00 p.m. followed by Ellen at 3:00 p.m. Jeopardy will move to 4:30 p.m. following NewsChannel 5 at 4.

truluvpassions

Why is Meredith Vieira even on TV still? She's such an incredible bore in the first place. The fact that they keep giving her shows to be on is mind boggling. :flipoff: :bs: :thumbsdown: :wtf:

fundays13
Member Avatar

truluvpassions
Aug 20 2014, 01:37 AM
Why is Meredith Vieira even on TV still? She's such an incredible bore in the first place. The fact that they keep giving her shows to be on is mind boggling. :flipoff: :bs: :thumbsdown: :wtf:
Yeah. The woman is a failure since The View. I dont think shes had a tv job thats lasted nore than a couple of years. Shes not a strong enoughdraw to carry a talk show by herself

tylerbo20

most are just trying to find a spot for it before NBC dumps it altogether after the 50th

trojangal
Member Avatar

nananana7
Aug 18 2014, 09:44 AM
General Hospital is also changing times the same week -- in some cities:
http://daytimeroyaltyonline.com/topic/9133806/1/
Yep where I live Days is moving from 11 to 12 & GH is moving from 1 to 2
I wonder if there will be an change in the ratings for either show.
Y & R
& BB are on earlier in the day

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I actually like Meredith. She's one of the better hosts out there.

JoeBucs32

trojangal
Jul 31 2014, 09:52 PM
Jason47
Jul 31 2014, 12:33 PM
NBC owns and operates 10 of its many affiliates.

For those 10 affiliates (known as O&O's in the business), based on Meredith Vieira's air schedule:

WRC (Washington DC), WMAQ (Chicago), WCAU (Philadelphia), KXAS (Dallas) and KNSD (San Diego) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 1PM.

WNBC (New York City), KNBC (Los Angeles), WVIT (Connecticut) and WTVJ (Miami) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 2PM.

KNTV (San Francisco/Oakland) will be airing Meredith Vieira at 3PM.
Thanks for the info Jason :D
In Chicago Days switched from 1 to 11 a few years ago right around the time ABC switched GH from 2 to 1.
Right now I think we get Access Hollywood Live at 1, MV will hopefully be an improvement lol
Looks like Chicago is moving DAYS too -- because Chicago is moving its NBC news to 11:00 am.

nananana7

Bumping this forward because it starts Sept 8th for the affected cities ... reminder for everyone to check local listings before setting up any recording devices.

GH is changing times also Sept 8th in some cities. (not necessarily same cities as Days).

Check your local listings for whatever soaps you watch.

blueskies
Member Avatar

thanks, i had forgotten what day it was happening.

marybee50
Member Avatar

In the Baltimore area of Maryland Meredith's page had shown her show being on at 2pm.Now that our local station,wbal,has issued their schedule,she is coming on at 11am against The View and The Price is Right.Evidently they dropped Access Live.

But what is funny to me,when they show the promos listing the times,they never list Days at 1pm.They just skip around it.So,I'm guessing Days is at 1 and will continue that way.

nananana7

bumping this forward one last time

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply