Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
July 2014 Episode Rankings & Stats
Topic Started: Jul 31 2014, 04:39 PM (995 Views)
Rosebud
Member Avatar

No wonder I rarely have anything good to say about this show. Thanks, Jason.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

trojangal
Jul 31 2014, 09:59 PM
Kind of surprised to see that GV has been in as many episodes as SC, I really didn't realize
GV had been on so much this year.
That's because it doesn't usually feel like it. Usually whenever Daniel is on, it feels like he is really on.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

naptown
Aug 1 2014, 12:34 AM
Jason, do you know if there are any plans in the near future to cast "cousin Joan" or was she just a plot point to give Paige a place to live before Eve came to town? I think it's stupid that Eve and Paige are still living there if Eve has permanently moved to Salem. Then again, look at all the characters living at the Salem Inn. I find it funny that the only difference between Theresa's apartment and Cousin Joan's is a different backsplash in the kitchen. Even Brady's nasty, crusty blanket he covers up with after screwing on Theresa's couch is in Cousin Joan's apartment. I'm sure I sound like a broken record on this board but these sets are so ridiculously cheap! Does anyone who's been on set in the past year know which set replaced the other half of the HTS?
I think it's strange that they bothered to mention her by name and give her such characteristics, if they were planning to never let her be seen.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

dooldooldool
Aug 1 2014, 03:36 AM
leela46
Aug 1 2014, 03:02 AM
I wonder what's going to happen with the DiMera mansion. EJ and Sami and the children will all be gone. So will Kristen. We hardly ever see Stefano. Chad never seemed to like the place. It's hard to imagine Chad living in that big place all by himself. In fact, the DiMeras don't even own it right now. Will Kate still live there? Do Kate and Sami sell it.? I can't see Days losing the set, but I can't picture who's going to live there now.
Poor Kate has never had a home set to call her own, so it makes sense that they would keep the set for her and use it for all her business meetings and Lucas chats, rather than having her conduct business at restaurants, the town square, and nondescript desk nooks.

The new Chad is bound to be an entirely different "type" than what Casey portrayed. I doubt he will be all DiMera Money/Power Hungry, but his off-screen recovery may have changed more than just the way he looks. Maybe they will finally retcon that his mother Madeline was actually Kate's secret sister, which would explain a whole lot better why Kate was so protective of him when the character first popped up in Salem. Kate and Madeline's visits/chats always seemed deeper than just Two Old Hooker Pals. So Chad could also call the mansion home, along with Lucas.

We also could get rid of the awful Will-Jackson apartment set and move Will and his family into the mansion. And I don't think Rafe and The Ozark Girl are the end run.

So, you plop Kate, Rafe, Chad, Will, Jackson, and whatever stray Kate Kid happens to be on contract at the time all into the mansion. That gives 2-3 storylines a reason to use the set, which seems to be the minimal expectation for set use these days.
I would *love* for Wilson to move in there! They should have their own mansion, and they deserve it, too.

I'm not happy about Kate staying on to live there, but that's probably what will happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply