Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Friday, August 1st Daily DIscussion
Topic Started: Aug 1 2014, 12:03 AM (9,263 Views)
Kaha
Member Avatar

Partnersincrime
Aug 3 2014, 01:59 PM
the only thing jordan knows about sami that she is rafe ex wife that hurt him.
She should also know that Sami saved Rafe's peen and she suffered for it. IMO, Sami has paid her debt to Rafe in spades. And besides, Sami and Rafe have a good relationship. It's not like they hate each other.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

Kaha
Aug 3 2014, 02:03 PM
Partnersincrime
She should also know that Sami saved Rafe's peen and she suffered for it. IMO, Sami has paid her debt to Rafe in spades. And besides, Sami and Rafe have a good relationship. It's not like they hate each other.
most of jordan interaction with sami mostly negtive on screen.so it not supprize jordan acting bitchy to sami but it bit her on the ass

waterlilly
Member Avatar

Bradyclan
Aug 2 2014, 11:34 AM
Terrible Show. This storyline with Dan is going to make me tune out! I have no desire see these two interact with each other much less wrestle. I watch WWE for that!

And Abby keeps annoying me. Just write the resignation letter and move on for Heavens Sakes. Poor little Abby! she got caught and can't handle the consequences of her actions. If you can't take the heat, why did you stepped in the kitchen ? Accept the burns , Mizz Abigail!!
For Cupcakes of course! :cheer:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Holaamigas

Kaha
Aug 3 2014, 02:03 PM
Partnersincrime
Exactly. Sami and Rafe DO have a good relationship...or should I say DID? Because, in her attempt to snark at Jordan she threw Rafe under the bus and unlike EJ, Rafe had full intentions of telling the truth.

waterlilly
Member Avatar

Some people like me want to over analyze the scenes. I'm seeing Jordan still raw from her visit from Clyde and Rafe showing up, Clyde telling her he is not going anywhere and Rafe once again just doesn't have time to listen to her. Sami being Sami, sees Jordan talking to Abbigail and just can't let it go. Underlying emotions take over and everyone acts/reacts badly. Not their finest hour. Other people watching are like thrilled with what they see on their screen and just cheer for their favorite player. I don't really have a point here, just a Sunday ramble. :cat:
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Kinay

Kaha
Aug 3 2014, 12:34 PM
Mason
Aug 3 2014, 11:01 AM
Rosebud
Aug 3 2014, 10:55 AM
Mason
Aug 2 2014, 10:02 PM
I have no problem with the "heroes" being flawed. It makes them human and therefore more relatable. Marlena cheated on her husband, and yet, I still rooted for her in the 90s. But when everyone is going around being a hypocritical douchewad to one another, it's often hard to tell who's the actual antagonist in the story, and it's virtually impossible to want *anybody* to come out on top.
A great example is Rafe. While I am not a fan because I don't really care for the actor and find the character boring (plus he was married to Sami and that's one mark against him in my book), I know he was suppose to be the hero and a good guy, but then they have him inexplicably sleep with Kate after having been practically obsessed with Jordan and wanting her to be truthful with him. WTF? Now I hate him. That's not just being a flawed good guy, that's being a jack ass. Plus then he goes and sleeps with Jordan the next day? And says nothing to her? Rot in hell, Rafe.
Well, even though he was obviously supposed to be the 'good guy', I thought Rafe was a jackass practically from the beginning, so I don't know that I would consider him a good example, lol. IMO, the show hasn't done well with writing for either heroes or villains in a long time, going back to well before Rafe was introduced.
Who are the good guys when it comes to the men of Salem?

Rafe is a jackass who uses his badge to intimidate people and cary on personal vendettas or cover up for people he loves.

Eric is an indecisive, weakling, judgemental douche who acts morally superior, even-though he's as flawed as everyone else

The less we say about Daniel the better

Brady is a man boy who's a colossal moron

We don't know much about Aiden to form an opinion

I am going to leave out the under 25 since they're still young enough to make mistakes
I don't get why the so called good guys shouldn't be allowed to get angry, retaliate or defend themselves when they are provoked. Being a good guy doesn't 't mean being a pushover and a wimp. Unlike the villains they don't go around plotting and scheming ,lying and blackmailing people. Flawed or not, Eric Brady is nothing like his evil twin when it comes to being judgemental and hypocritical. Boring or not,Rafe is a kind and caring man compared to Elvis Demira. Jen may be wishy washy, but she has a right to defend herself and her children from badasses like Theresa,Eve Anne or Sami. There is still a difference between the villain and the good guy in my opinion.
Edited by Kinay, Aug 3 2014, 04:25 PM.

Mason
Member Avatar

Kinay
Aug 3 2014, 04:24 PM
I don't get why the so called good guys shouldn't be allowed to get angry, retaliate or defend themselves when they are provoked. Being a good guy doesn't 't mean being a pushover and a wimp.
That's not even what people are arguing for. Of course they should defend themselves. But 'defending oneself' doesn't mean 'go around town acting like a humorless holier-than-thou jerk just for the sake of doing so' which is often what it feels like these characters do, whether they're a villain, hero, or anything in between.

Renaissance Girl

Kinay
Aug 3 2014, 04:24 PM
Kaha
Mason
Aug 3 2014, 11:01 AM
Rosebud
Aug 3 2014, 10:55 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
Well, even though he was obviously supposed to be the 'good guy', I thought Rafe was a jackass practically from the beginning, so I don't know that I would consider him a good example, lol. IMO, the show hasn't done well with writing for either heroes or villains in a long time, going back to well before Rafe was introduced.
Who are the good guys when it comes to the men of Salem?

Rafe is a jackass who uses his badge to intimidate people and cary on personal vendettas or cover up for people he loves.

Eric is an indecisive, weakling, judgemental douche who acts morally superior, even-though he's as flawed as everyone else

The less we say about Daniel the better

Brady is a man boy who's a colossal moron

We don't know much about Aiden to form an opinion

I am going to leave out the under 25 since they're still young enough to make mistakes
I don't get why the so called good guys shouldn't be allowed to get angry, retaliate or defend themselves when they are provoked. Being a good guy doesn't 't mean being a pushover and a wimp. Unlike the villains they don't go around plotting and scheming ,lying and blackmailing people. Flawed or not, Eric Brady is nothing like his evil twin when it comes to being judgemental and hypocritical. Boring or not,Rafe is a kind and caring man compared to Elvis Demira. Jen may be wishy washy, but she has a right to defend herself and her children from badasses like Theresa,Eve Anne or Sami. There is still a difference between the villain and the good guy in my opinion.
Good guys do have the right to defend themselves, but at the same time they need to possess qualities that makes the audience root for them. If the heroes start to act in a way that pisses off the audience or alienates them, then it's going to be really difficult to cheer for them.

I don't know how people can expect to root for Jen when it comes to Jack's memory when she barely mourned for the guy before she started hounding after Daniel. It just comes off as phoney and contrived.

And it's true that Eric is not even in the same league as his twin sister, but it's not like he's exactly a shining example either. Yes he had a right to be angry at Nicole for what she did, but at the same time he should practiced what he preached and be a bit more compassionate and forgiving of her. His behavior pretty much proves he is not worthy to be a man of the cloth.

And Good God, Rafe. I would have thought he was a decent guy too, but the fact that he barely shows any remorse from sleeping with Kate and then jumping in the sack with Jordan as if nothing ever happened really turns me off. I just can't deal with this guy. He doesn't deserve Jordan at all! He'll be lucky if she even forgives him. I hope she gives it to him good.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Renaissance Girl
Aug 3 2014, 01:29 PM
Kaha
Aug 3 2014, 12:44 PM
lysie
Aug 3 2014, 12:38 PM
Kaha

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I think all of them are young enough to make mistakes, lol. I think that as much as people say they want "grey" characters, that's pretty much all we have. And it's not good. I can root for villains AND heroes but this show is just a bunch of a douchebags.
And the villains are just pathetic. I can't even look at EJ anymore.

I can never root for Stefano because all I think about is him and Kristen discussing her plans to rape a priest and his disgusting fasination with his children's sex life. Ugh! He's nothing more than a gross old man.
Ugh, for me, I never found Stefano particularly rootable. I always saw him as a sadistic, coldhearted, egomaniacal jackass who tortures and murders people for a living. EJ is just plain creepy to me at this point.

Clyde is becoming more and more disgusting by the week and if it does turn out that he raped his own stepdaughter and bore a son with her (Ben), I am going to officially write him off as unrootable.

I can't really get past Kristen raping a priest. That's just nasty.

Rafe is a jackass. If he were to die tomorrow, I won't really miss him.

Jen is an insane, screwed up mess pretty much. Abigail to me is super grating.

I can tolerate Victor okay but whenever he starts calling women sluts and whores, I just want to kick him in the balls. Jennifer Aniston should be ashamed of her father.

One of the few rootable characters on this show left are Sonny, Will, Ben, Jordan, Hope, Marlena, and Eve.
Jennifer is probably okay with it since her father is JA not VK.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

phloe3
Aug 2 2014, 12:41 AM
Is it me or has the Eve music not played the last few episodes that Eve was on?
No, it played on Friday, in the scenes with Maggie. :blulaugh:

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Mason
I have no problem with the "heroes" being flawed. It makes them human and therefore more relatable. Marlena cheated on her husband, and yet, I still rooted for her in the 90s. But when everyone is going around being a hypocritical douchewad to one another, it's often hard to tell who's the actual antagonist in the story, and it's virtually impossible to want *anybody* to come out on top.
This is often my issue aswell. I don't really mind people doing "bad things" or being bitches, etc, but I do *not* want to see hypocrisy. People accusing others and trying to put them down for something they have themselves done or usually, much, much worse is just so ridiculous.

Also, I usually don't ever complain about such a thing (because I usually like to watch them on screen) but it is true that this show has a lot of bad girls currently. There's at least six of them.

I also have to say, that if a character is a "good" character, they're bound to be judgemental. If they wouldn't be, they wouldn't be as "good" as they are. Their values say to them that they have to be against certain things, otherwise they would endorse them. A lot of people are also that way irl. This is why that doesn't really bother me. It's just something that goes with the territory.

Mason
Member Avatar

There's a way to write 'good' characters without making them always come off pious, self-righteous or judgmental in nearly every interaction they have, and this show used to do that (or at least be much better about it). It's in the last 4-5 years that they've really gone downhill with that, IMO.

I think a lot of it has to do with there just not being much of a sense of humor to the show anymore and that includes the characters. Everyone takes themselves much too seriously now, and they all come off so prickly.

JaimeLannister
Member Avatar

tomsawyer
Aug 3 2014, 01:21 PM
Mason
Right. It's a good thing that the heroes are flawed so they don't look like a bunch of Mary Sues, but when a judgmental, douchey attitude comes along with it, it just turns them into unsympathetic jerks. And it seems that's how Days writes most of their heroes nowadays, which makes hardly anybody on canvas rootable.

Abby vs. Sami is the best example of this right now. Maybe Sami was supposed to be the rootable one originally since she was the wronged party, but they had her take her revenge too far and made her into the antagonist in the story. Which would've been fine if they would've written Abby in a rootable way once the tables were turned. But instead, they have her taunt Sami about how stupid she is and that's why her fiancée cheated on her. So now they just both look like assholes, which makes me not care who bests who. Nice work, Days!
I actually think Sami's revenge against Abby has been very lame for her. In a list of all the shit she's done to people, getting Abby fired from a job won't even get an honourable mention.

S loves EJ

JaimeLannister
Aug 5 2014, 06:34 AM
tomsawyer
Aug 3 2014, 01:21 PM
Mason
Right. It's a good thing that the heroes are flawed so they don't look like a bunch of Mary Sues, but when a judgmental, douchey attitude comes along with it, it just turns them into unsympathetic jerks. And it seems that's how Days writes most of their heroes nowadays, which makes hardly anybody on canvas rootable.

Abby vs. Sami is the best example of this right now. Maybe Sami was supposed to be the rootable one originally since she was the wronged party, but they had her take her revenge too far and made her into the antagonist in the story. Which would've been fine if they would've written Abby in a rootable way once the tables were turned. But instead, they have her taunt Sami about how stupid she is and that's why her fiancée cheated on her. So now they just both look like assholes, which makes me not care who bests who. Nice work, Days!
I actually think Sami's revenge against Abby has been very lame for her. In a list of all the shit she's done to people, getting Abby fired from a job won't even get an honourable mention.

I think she means that Sami taking things to far for her to stay as the rootable victim. Still I would think those who liked old Sami would be able to root for now as a rootable villain.

I actually find both Sami and Abby rootable. I was worried before Sami started her revenge that I wouldn´t like it since I gotten use to good Sami and thought it would just makes her look like a terrible person, but I find bad Sami entertaing so far. I don´t think she has taken things to far yet this is the real Sami and how she should be written, and while I think Abby shouldn´t have made Sami look stupid the turtle comment was funny and I like her standing up for herself and saying that Sami´s revenge plan stops here or she will fight back.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply