Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
SOD: Marlena confronts Theresa
Topic Started: Aug 1 2014, 02:46 PM (3,752 Views)
thepadange

Josephinejms
Aug 7 2014, 03:36 PM
I don't give a flying fuck about Theresa or Brady. Just give me a j&m reunion story. We deserve them focusing on each other and getting back together after all the shit they put us through to try to ruin our couple for the sake of yet another Brady storyline.

Fix J&M!!!!! :soapbox:
I'm pretty sure there will be a J&M reunion.

What I'm not sure about is if there will be a well developed story with at least some depth. Speaking honestly, I don't hold out much hope.
Edited by thepadange, Aug 7 2014, 03:54 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 7 2014, 02:44 PM
Kaha
Aug 6 2014, 11:10 PM
Renaissance Girl
Aug 6 2014, 04:38 PM
IIttu
Aug 6 2014, 04:18 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I can't really see Brady forgiving her, at least now right now. I think when he eventually finds out he's going to hold so much anger against her that he's going to run back to Kristen believing that she's his only savior and the only person who truly loves him. I think it's going to be years and years before Brady would even consider letting bygones be bygones, if even that.
You think Brady would forgive Kristen raping his brother and all the crazy stuff she did to his family but he won't forgive genuinely remorseful Theresa?
This is the guy that forgave Nicole kidnapping Sami's baby with no problem, but COULD NOT HANDLE that offshore account she might or might not have had.
You've got a point there.

Salemites forgive a lot of crazy shit.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Kaha
Renaissance Girl
IIttu
Kaha
Aug 4 2014, 10:03 PM
John wakes up and only remembers when he and Marlena were happy and together. He doesn't remember the period of Kristen's return. After a lengthy recovery, Shane and Kim come back to town and they spend time with their daughter, who's extremely remorseful. Due to her guilt over framing Brady she embarks on a journey to self discovery and decides to deal with her issues. Kim asks Marlena to help Theresa. Theresa agrees to go to therapy she confesses to Marlena what she did to John. Of course Marlena can't say anything because of physician–patient privilege (I am hoping Marlena will act like a real doctor here). Marlena then tells Theresa that she'll transfer her to another therapist due to the fact that she's personally affected by what Theresa did. Theresa reaches a break through and confesses to Brady and John about what she did and she tells him about what happened to her. I haven't thought about the rest but I can see Brady forgiving her.
Why can't a few well-chosen DOOL fans write for this show??? I want this to happen so badly!
I can't really see Brady forgiving her, at least now right now. I think when he eventually finds out he's going to hold so much anger against her that he's going to run back to Kristen believing that she's his only savior and the only person who truly loves him. I think it's going to be years and years before Brady would even consider letting bygones be bygones, if even that.
You think Brady would forgive Kristen raping his brother and all the crazy stuff she did to his family but he won't forgive genuinely remorseful Theresa?
Well, Kristen didn't make Brady think he nearly killed his own father. So, yeah.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

FWIW, I think this is also a J&M reuniting storyline.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renaissance Girl

Yoryla
Aug 7 2014, 05:04 PM
Kaha
Renaissance Girl
IIttu

Well, Kristen didn't make Brady think he nearly killed his own father. So, yeah.
Brady's even more of a dumb ass than I thought. Having your wife whacking your own father and framing your rich husband for it CANNOT be possibly worse than having your fiancee raping your own stepfather and making a video about it - and having it shown in front of everybody at your own wedding! Sure, they're both bad, but seriously?
Online Profile Goto Top

Renaissance Girl

Yoryla
Aug 7 2014, 05:07 PM
Pfft, how is this anyway a J&M reunion story? What are they going to do when John and Marlena get back together? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! They're going to pretty much be in the same boat they were before before all of this happened! And John will just slink back into the shadows and disappear from all view. Drake just should tell TPTB to take a hike and leave this show!
Online Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Renaissance Girl
Aug 7 2014, 05:08 PM
Yoryla
Kaha
Renaissance Girl

Brady's even more of a dumb ass than I thought. Having your wife whacking your own father and framing your rich husband for it CANNOT be possibly worse than having your fiancee raping your own stepfather and making a video about it - and having it shown in front of everybody at your own wedding! Sure, they're both bad, but seriously?
Well, to me, Theresa did something directly *to* Brady. One could say it was even one thing to have him whack John in the head, but she actually framed the man she married for the crime of possibly killing his own father. If Kristen had whacked John over the head, she would have framed Henderson, Maggie, Daniel, whomever, for the crime, but not Brady. And if she had thought Brady had whacked John over the head, she would have still framed someone else for the crime. But not Brady. I just don't believe it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Renaissance Girl
Aug 7 2014, 05:11 PM
Yoryla
Pfft, how is this anyway a J&M reunion story? What are they going to do when John and Marlena get back together? Nothing! Absolutely nothing! They're going to pretty much be in the same boat they were before before all of this happened! And John will just slink back into the shadows and disappear from all view. Drake just should tell TPTB to take a hike and leave this show!
Probably, yes. But they'd still be together.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renaissance Girl

Yoryla
Aug 7 2014, 05:12 PM
Renaissance Girl
Yoryla
Kaha

Well, to me, Theresa did something directly *to* Brady. One could say it was even one thing to have him whack John in the head, but she actually framed the man she married for the crime of possibly killing his own father. If Kristen had whacked John over the head, she would have framed Henderson, Maggie, Daniel, whomever, for the crime, but not Brady. And if she had thought Brady had whacked John over the head, she would have still framed someone else for the crime. But not Brady. I just don't believe it.
I was trying to compare Kristen's actions versus Theresa's actions and which action Brady is most likely to forgive. If Kristen really loves Brady and she wants to do right by him, then fine. But if people really want to root for Kristen to be with Brady, (all oddness and ickiness with her being his almost stepmother aside), you don't have that person go and drug and rape a freaking priest to boot. I'm actually quite surprised that people STILL want Kristen back on the show even after she did THAT.
Online Profile Goto Top

Renaissance Girl

Yoryla
Aug 7 2014, 05:13 PM
Renaissance Girl
Aug 7 2014, 05:11 PM
Yoryla
Probably, yes. But they'd still be together.
Then John and Marlena should leave the show for awhile if TPTB wants to do nothing with them.
Online Profile Goto Top

Yoryla
Member Avatar

Renaissance Girl
Aug 7 2014, 05:17 PM
Yoryla
Renaissance Girl
Yoryla

I was trying to compare Kristen's actions versus Theresa's actions and which action Brady is most likely to forgive. If Kristen really loves Brady and she wants to do right by him, then fine. But if people really want to root for Kristen to be with Brady, (all oddness and ickiness with her being his almost stepmother aside), you don't have that person go and drug and rape a freaking priest to boot. I'm actually quite surprised that people STILL want Kristen back on the show even after she did THAT.
Meh. People have been doing things like that on soaps for ages, and many purely on this show have done far worse things. And I'm going to root for #Bristen forever! :P
Offline Profile Goto Top

Renaissance Girl

Yoryla
Aug 7 2014, 05:22 PM
Renaissance Girl
Aug 7 2014, 05:17 PM
Yoryla
Renaissance Girl

Meh. People have been doing things like that on soaps for ages, and many purely on this show have done far worse things. And I'm going to root for #Bristen forever! :P
I understand if you ship Bristen. That's perfectly okay. I ship different people on this show and so many other shows.

Yeah, I guess it's par for the course on this show so I can at least let some things slide because I can use people's past actions to gauge other people's current actions to see if they're forgivable. I can handle it.
Online Profile Goto Top

The Room Stops
Member Avatar

Yoryla
I don't.

I don't think there's going to be such a thing as John + Marlena + storyline = happening as long as the people currently writing the show are with the show, and Corday remains Corday. I would love to be proven wrong, but no. I think they'll reunite, but I don't think it'll be a storyline. A storyline means they'd have feelings, thoughts, words to say and things to do.
Offline Profile Goto Top

GatesRhiannon
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Played out once or twice a week in :30 to :90 second intervals that add up to about 3:30 to 8:00 minutes of weekly airtime. Where the principals, J&M, rarely get to speak and instead must endure their ex-spouses, children & assorted hospital staff revealing their "feelings" for us.

Heck I wouldn't be surprised if J&M do reunite that it's not off screen and we only get hear about it in a :15 second blurb made in passing by either Eric or, God forbid, Roman (since these writers seem to especially like twisting that rusty, dull knife). Then 2-3 months later. Marlena will return to be an out of character busy-body mother & John will still be MIA until TPTB decide they need to either: A. Again trash him for Brady's sake. B. Trot he & Marlena out for a family holiday so TPTB can say, "See we respect history." C. Have him choke on a chicken bone and die. D. All of the above.

FWIW, I think this "storyline," reunion or no reunion, sucks.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

thepadange
Aug 7 2014, 03:08 PM
Renaissance Girl
Aug 7 2014, 02:38 PM
Kaha
Renaissance Girl

Yeah, because she was the one that hurt his dad and landed him in the hospital in the first place! I think Brady's pissed at Eric because he thinks Eric stole his girl or something. I think there was one time when Eric showed up at Victor's place and he had a fight with Brady over Kristen, and I think some of the things Brady said indicated that he blames Eric for a lot of his problems besides John. Theresa's scared and terrified that she's going to jail and that's why she was so happy when she found out that John was going to be in a permanent coma.

Does that sound like someone who has remorse to you? Does she feel guilt? Yes, I think she feels extremely guilty but it's for a different reason. Does she feel remorse? She barely feels any remorse as it is and she's just terrified that John's going to wake up and implicate her. The writers are clearly not making her feel any sort of remorse at all.

On the other hand, I don't know if it ever crossed her mind that John might not remember anything if he wakes up. I guess that's a clear piece of evidence that she's doing this out of pure desperation. This is one of the main reasons why I've had such a hard time rooting for her in this story. I still like her and care for her very much as a character but it's just so hard.

About Brady, the only reason why he was ever with Theresa in the first place was only because she was Kristen's replacement. He even told Theresa that. As soon as Kristen flies back into town, Brady's going to drop Theresa and run back to her like nothing ever happened. It's pretty clear to me now that he's never really gotten over Kristen. The poor bastard's still madly in love with her. But I can't buy the fact that Brady is the love of Kristen's life. Whatever happened to John, Kristen?
So much has been already said about it, so I only wanted to add this: Theresa not only physically hurt Brady's father but also framed Brady for doing this. This is a clear sign that she doesn't care about him, because you never let someone you care about believe that he/she almost killed his/her father. NEVER. I will accept if he forgives her but I can never accept if he takes her back as his gf.
I don't even buy that Brady cares all that much about his dad. I think he's more upset that he can't remember doing it. I think he's a selfish idiot so I fully expect him to want Kristen back.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Josephinejms
Aug 7 2014, 03:36 PM
I don't give a flying fuck about Theresa or Brady. Just give me a j&m reunion story. We deserve them focusing on each other and getting back together after all the shit they put us through to try to ruin our couple for the sake of yet another Brady storyline.

Fix J&M!!!!! :soapbox:
THIS X a gazillion.

Theresa and Brady are both despicable and I wouldn't blink if they dropped dead.
Edited by Rosebud, Aug 7 2014, 10:38 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Locked Topic