Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, August 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 1 2014, 08:03 PM (9,560 Views)
lysie
Member Avatar

This week's classic clip was chosen by am103. The 3rd person to post in next week's tweets thread will choose the next clip.

Discuss!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Loved it.

" Maybe he wants another baby".
Edited by concerned, Aug 1 2014, 10:14 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

And great use of flashbacks.

Nate
Member Avatar

*makes sure I'm the third one to comment* :$

doobug

My daughter was watching dog with a blog and guess who was on. Shawn donivan. What has come of the actor.

Renaissance Girl

Is this the wedding where Victor later told Sonny was his "youthful indiscretion".

Spencer Hastings
Member Avatar

Nate
Aug 1 2014, 10:39 PM
Wrong thread to be the third one in. ;)

nananana7
Member Avatar

wow that was an amazing clip! I wasn't watching that year. So I missed all that.

So much soapiness packed into 16 minutes! LOL
And the ending! Oh my.
Edited by nananana7, Aug 2 2014, 01:43 AM.

Jason47
Member Avatar

doobug
Aug 1 2014, 11:56 PM
My daughter was watching dog with a blog and guess who was on. Shawn donivan. What has come of the actor.
Charlie Shaughnessy? He does a ton of guest spots. Doing a spot on Disney isn't anything to frown upon. It's been doing great ratings-wise in recent years, as summed up here: "Disney Channel ushered in the New Year on a roll ó finishing 2013 as TVís most-watched network among the kiddie set (kids 2-11) for the second consecutive year and pulling its best numbers in tweens 9-14 in its 30-year history"

Nate
Member Avatar

Spencer Hastings
Aug 2 2014, 12:31 AM
Nate
Aug 1 2014, 10:39 PM
Wrong thread to be the third one in. ;)
I know, didn't even realize that was the thrid of this one. :rolleyes:
Edited by Nate, Aug 2 2014, 08:15 AM.

james0479
Member Avatar

Really nice video choice!! This clip is one of the more fun and witty episodes from that timeframe (which I found uneven but the worst was yet to come). This has to be on the top 5 list of least romantic weddings in soap history and I remember cracking up big time with the Housewives Of Victor Kirakis. Nicole and Kate getting a chuckle out of it, all the flashbacks that thankfully didnt have to be reshot because we had all the actresses onscreen...that picture!! Lol. Fun stuff. And look...there's PHILLIP!!! Why in the world is he not on this show now will forever amaze me. And then there's Daniel. The thought struck me...why have Bo on the show, why utilize Drake as John Black, why have Phillip? Why have these great characters when we can just have Daniel?! He can fill in for all strong legacy male characters...just wrap it all into one character: Daniel Jonas. Grrrrrr that is what it feels like they've done in ways. And then there's Melanie in this clip....it's the first time I've watched a clip with Melanie in a loooooong time and I was instantly remembered of one major reason I couldn't stand her: Molly, for the majority of her time on the show, "portrayed" Melanie as a 20 something 9 year old. She was too babyish acting. One can only hope she's matured as an actress over her absence but I'm not holding my breath!

All in all, a fun witty clip and I enjoyed watching it. God I miss Vivian. Such a shame how she left last time especially after pondering the decision to return because Louise Sorel had to make a major move and was concerned about doing so. Needless to say she wasn't thrilled when she was let go. I PRAY we can get her back, even for an arc, during the 50th. Fingers crossed!
Thanks for a great clip!
Edited by james0479, Aug 2 2014, 10:09 AM.

lysie
Member Avatar

This episode got pre-empted, and I was disappointed. What's that like?

am103
Member Avatar

james0479
Aug 2 2014, 10:08 AM
Really nice video choice!!
Thanks! Victor and Vivian's wedding is one of my favorite weddings of all time just because of the fact that all of Victor's wives (which now includes Maggie) were in that room. And we got actual flashbacks to each of their respective Victor weddings! I absolutely loved it. The snarky comments from Nicole and Kate, Victor's vows, and Vivian's excitement (and later, disappointment, which was flawlessly played by Louise Sorel) kept me laughing the entire time! And Nicole's idea for all of Victor's exes to get a picture together? Priceless!

Also, I should note that this was the very beginning of Maggie and Victor's romance, which I absolutely ADORED back then. Unfortunately, the "Magic" hasn't been the same since then, which is incredibly disappointing.

james0479
Member Avatar

am103
Aug 2 2014, 12:03 PM
james0479
Aug 2 2014, 10:08 AM
Really nice video choice!!
Thanks! Victor and Vivian's wedding is one of my favorite weddings of all time just because of the fact that all of Victor's wives (which now includes Maggie) were in that room. And we got actual flashbacks to each of their respective Victor weddings! I absolutely loved it. The snarky comments from Nicole and Kate, Victor's vows, and Vivian's excitement (and later, disappointment, which was flawlessly played by Louise Sorel) kept me laughing the entire time! And Nicole's idea for all of Victor's exes to get a picture together? Priceless!

Also, I should note that this was the very beginning of Maggie and Victor's romance, which I absolutely ADORED back then. Unfortunately, the "Magic" hasn't been the same since then, which is incredibly disappointing.
Yup I noticed that by the looks on Maggie's face. The beginning of Magic was...kinda magical! I loved that odd pairing and found that was like THE story that was being told the right way. Sad that when ya look at them now, that unexpected spark from before is just a faded memory and anyone who watched after Magic began probably just sees them as two side characters that just happen to be together. Oh well. But yea...everything you love about that clip is exactly the things I love about it as well. A very fun episode! ;)

Ocean

Loved this episode. All those flashback of victor's past wifes that was awesome and I loved victor when he said to vivian I do not wanting to give her a wedding ring. I missed old days when most of characters were in one episode ,now right now all we see Fetch everyday with 45 minutes air time. What really happened to my all time favorite show? Gosh I don't want days to get cancel,but looks to me writers wanted otherwise the rating wouldn't drop like a hot mess!

james0479
Member Avatar

One day closer to Kristen getting back in Salem and out of this nonsensical Daniel land of shit. I DO hope it eventually makes sense why this mess took up two weeks.

nananana7
Member Avatar

Personally, speaking for myself ...
I have always loathed the character of Kristen with the heat of a gazillion suns.

I like Eileen Davidson as a person.
I think Eileen Davidson is a terrific actress.
I've liked her character of Ashley on Y&R (if written decently).

But I loathe the character of Kristen.
I don't find the character of Kristen entertaining at all. Regardless of who is writing.

To me, Kristen is a bad cartoon, who ruins everything.

I hate what Kristen did to Marlena and John.

I hate what Kristen did to Brady and Eric.

For some of you, Kristen brings the show to life, and I respect your right to have that opinion.

But for me, Kristen destroys the show. She just ruins it for me.

The only thing I'm grateful for is that nowadays people clip segments of the show onto youtube. So I am now free to skip anything involving Kristen. This makes it much easier than fast-forwarding.

I find Daniel annoying and frustrating --mainly because he's boring ... and I've always skipped his scenes from boredom.

Frankly I've found it very convenient that Kristen and Daniel have been together for the past week -- locked up wherever the hotel is (the city of St. Louis?) where Daniel's medical conference was. It's made it very easy for me to skip their scenes!

I realize that Kristen and Daniel will eventually return to Salem sometime this week. This means that I'll read quick story recaps of whatever is happening with Marlena, John, Brady, Eric, Sami, and Kate --- to see if Kristen is involved -- and if Kristen's in their scenes, I won't watch. If Kristen is not in their scenes, then I'll watch. I loathe her that much.

Frankly, I want Kristen to be ignored and looked down upon. I want her to be thrown in jail and forgotten. I don't want her dominating anything.

If Daniel gets Kristen thrown in jail, I'll be glad she's gone
(but I'll still find Daniel to be boring -- he'll never be a hero to me).

I didn't know where else to post this -- but since this is my opinion about the show in general (and not about a specific episode), I chose to post this here on Monday morning before the show airs.

I really don't think I can comment on a specific episode when I skip watching so much of it.

blueskies
Member Avatar

james0479
Aug 4 2014, 06:57 AM
One day closer to Kristen getting back in Salem and out of this nonsensical Daniel land of shit. I DO hope it eventually makes sense why this mess took up two weeks.
From spoilers it looks like she's only on today and Friday. So I think part of it is just that they aren't on much this week. (Wow, when's the last time we had 3 days of no Daniel?). Will be interesting to see when they get back though! And although I don't think she can be prosecuted for the Eric thing given what Nicole did with the evidence, I would think she could for kidnapping Daniel. Although him kidnapping her after could cause some legal issues for him...I mean, in real life wouldn't that be illegal?

nananana7
Member Avatar

Hope is still my favorite character because she is strong, intelligent, savvy, aware, we actually see her working at her job, she is a single mom, like a real person, and she has complexity. She is a decent person, but complex. (Marlena and Kayla used to be written that way too, and I miss that).

I realize that Hope doesn't get many scenes but ... since I watch only clips on youtube of characters I enjoy, I see more of Hope than I would see if I regularly watched full episodes with her diluted within the rest of the show.

nananana7
Member Avatar

How I watch the show:

I find people who make short youtube clips of certain characters that I enjoy -- and I watch only those youtube clips.

If there are no clips, then I watch on the free version of Hulu.com. I have learned how to leave the room during advertisements on hulu and then come back in the room when they're done, and then skip to only the scenes I want to see.

I cannot even tell you what the actual show is like anymore.

It's very rare that I'll watch an entire episode on hulu and observe the editing etc. and get a real sense of the whole show.

In the old days I'd tape the show on VCR ... and then later on DVR ... and skip the parts that don't interest me. Now I don't even bother with broadcast TV at all. I just watch excerpts on youtube or hulu.

Soaps are just too poorly written nowadays for me to endure the whole episode.

This brings up a point for me. Do producers of shows realize that there are viewers like me who never watch the whole show? Do people like myself have any impact on the marketing of the show ... or am I in an insignificant minority?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply