Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Monday, August 4th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 1 2014, 08:03 PM (9,415 Views)
nananana7

My comments on today's show:
I don't know who was more despicable: Eric or Sami.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

movingon

Not liking what Kate is doing to Rafe and Jordan simply for the fact that the fall out was excruciating to watch and I don't doubt that Rafe confronting Sami and Kate, when he finds out she is behind it, will be equally painful to watch. I found Kate entertaining but am confused as to why she would be interested in Rafe or think she has a chance with him.

It's ironic that both Rafe and Sami were grieving when, rather than turning to their partners, they cheated with the enemy.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

Amanda_gayle
Aug 4 2014, 11:18 PM
Sorry, But the direction of the show is really going to shit. They screwed up Ericole, they screwed up Ejami, AND even those hoping for Ejabby. Dannifer- what can I say that hasn't already been said a million times!!!!!!!! Jarlenna is in a coma, jaige is boring, Thrady has been hit by the dreaded fire poker, Jafe - f'ing cheater...and Rate -- hag trying to snag who? Abby is with Ben who is hot, but c'mon he is meant for Wilson... I can't even .... My best friend is gay telling me Ben is meant for Wilson! oh wait, happy couple - Wilson, but where the hell r they???? Haiden, where r u? Oh but now there's jaiden? Can I PLEASE SEE some love on my screen? I tune in to tune out... So to speak. Angst is okay, but where's the love? Did I miss a couple? Is there ANYTHING left?! This is THE SUMMER of doom. Is there no one but Wilson? (Great, but I personally need more).

Sorry for the rant, give me some reason to keep watching. I get enough doom and gloom from the news.
I remember how we used to call that last Dena Higley summer "the summer of doom", among other things. Ya know, aside from ratings, Corday dropped Higley saying "The show had gotten too dark and I should've stepped in sooner". The show WAS dark and had fallen into mind boggling absurdity (Chloe the prostitute Carly drinking beer from a dumpster and getting punched by a homeless man. WHAT!?!?!). While things aren't that bad (yet) the show is more dark than light and I don't see Corday doing any stepping in.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Aug 4 2014, 08:10 PM
I'm trying to understand why Kristin kept quite when her minion entered the room instead of alerting him to her presence so he could use his gun or physicality to turn the tables on Daniel especially since the other minion was close enough to talk to the one in the storage room.Stupid.
Also stupid that the minion did not turn on the light and check the entire room.I think Kristin got this idiot from the clearance section of Minions R US.If you get what you pay for,this guy is being paid zero dollars and zero cents.
She needs a better minion network. These are just not cutting it.

Handyman

Comments: Nicole should lighten up on Eric. They have a history, let him ponder it unmolested. I like Nicole's haircut!

magicsteacher
Member Avatar

movingon
Aug 5 2014, 02:46 AM
Not liking what Kate is doing to Rafe and Jordan simply for the fact that the fall out was excruciating to watch and I don't doubt that Rafe confronting Sami and Kate, when he finds out she is behind it, will be equally painful to watch. I found Kate entertaining but am confused as to why she would be interested in Rafe or think she has a chance with him.

It's ironic that both Rafe and Sami were grieving when, rather than turning to their partners, they cheated with the enemy.

I am guessing that if Kate had hoped to have any chance with Rafe, she blew that right out of the water with that little stunt she pulled at the Pub. She is acting totally pathetic..hiding in a corner listening to Jafe's conversation and then pouncing in. Stupid.

blueskies
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Aug 5 2014, 07:12 AM
BeeBee
Aug 4 2014, 08:10 PM
I'm trying to understand why Kristin kept quite when her minion entered the room instead of alerting him to her presence so he could use his gun or physicality to turn the tables on Daniel especially since the other minion was close enough to talk to the one in the storage room.Stupid.
Also stupid that the minion did not turn on the light and check the entire room.I think Kristin got this idiot from the clearance section of Minions R US.If you get what you pay for,this guy is being paid zero dollars and zero cents.
She needs a better minion network. These are just not cutting it.
Honestly! Bart would be better.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Thanks to Reese for the Avi♥

lysie
Aug 4 2014, 08:06 PM
The Sami's revenge story reminds me a LOT of the Stan story. Back then she had a good reason for being pissed and hurt, but then the story lost it's foundation because she went after all of these people who weren't at all involved. If they were going to bring back old school Sami, I wish they'd have gone further back. 2005 Sami wasn't fun.
I agree. I remember watching Stan and thinking in the beginning....this is going to be good, she's going to go after Kate and Kate won't know what's coming because she'll be dressed up as a man, working for Tony and she'll bring her down for the wrong she did to her. In the end, she didn't do much to Kate, she focused her efforts on everyone else that she perceived were a problem in her life, or had caused a problem in her life years ago and went after them instead. If she would have focused her revenge on Kate and Eugenia solely then the entire Stan debacle would have been a much better, cohesive story, instead we got WTFery that ended up in a bunker in Iraq with Sami pretty much almost being responsible for killing Lucas, Philip, Shawn, Rex and Brady.....it was just crazy.

This story has the same exact feel....it starts with something many of us have wanted for some time. For Sami to be clever enough again and figure something out before other people figured it out...she did that and she started her revenge on the parties that absolutely deserved it Ej and Abby...but she continues to live with Ej in the house, she isn't getting an annulment, she's leading her children on to thinking that she married this man because she loves and cares for him and wants them all to be a family. She couldn't stop at telling everyone about Abby either....she went on and not only got her fired but threatened to with hold a donation for the sick children's wing at the hospital where coincidentally her own son Johnny's life and his second eye were saved. She ruins Jordan's relationship with Rafe solely because Jordan stood up for Abby. She blasts JJ for his adolescent criminal problems while conveniently forgetting that she got away with attempted murder herself. She lectures people on cheating while forgetting she's also a cheater. She lectures people on morality when her moral compass is completely gone. Frankly the beginning of this story was good for about 1 week, since then it's making Sami look very, very bad......

Hamilton
Member Avatar

magicsteacher
Aug 5 2014, 08:49 AM
movingon

I am guessing that if Kate had hoped to have any chance with Rafe, she blew that right out of the water with that little stunt she pulled at the Pub. She is acting totally pathetic..hiding in a corner listening to Jafe's conversation and then pouncing in. Stupid.
Well as dense as they've been writing Rafe I'd say Kate's maneuver just won points with him. She made it seem as though she's "innocently" backing him up. Even though Rafe was annoyed in the moment just watch, he'll be thanking her for her efforts in trying to take on all the responsibility. The guy has no instincts anymore. :shame:

Hard to believe this is the same man who figured out the baby-switch and was immediately suspicious of Anna in the kidnapping of Sydney. He knows Kate's history and yet dimwit Rafe tra la la's along like she's the most altruistic friend he's ever had.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Ken Adams
Member Avatar

Hamilton
Aug 5 2014, 09:40 AM
magicsteacher
Aug 5 2014, 08:49 AM
movingon

Well as dense as they've been writing Rafe I'd say Kate's maneuver just won points with him. She made it seem as though she's "innocently" backing him up. Even though Rafe was annoyed in the moment just watch, he'll be thanking her for her efforts in trying to take on all the responsibility. The guy has no instincts anymore. :shame:

Hard to believe this is the same man who figured out the baby-switch and was immediately suspicious of Anna in the kidnapping of Sydney. He knows Kate's history and yet dimwit Rafe tra la la's along like she's the most altruistic friend he's ever had.
It's gotta be the Salem water! The longer you stay in Salem, the dumber you get. Rafe, EJ, Brady, Eric are a few. Jordan, Ben, & Clyde may be the next victims.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply