Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
About.com:Eric's Agonizing Realization
Topic Started: Aug 2 2014, 05:26 PM (2,685 Views)
AmbernOK
Member Avatar

I posted this in another thread, but it needs it's own thread.

This week, Eric is cleared of all charges and makes the choice he wants Nicole!

http://daysofourlives.about.com/od/episoderecaps/fl/Days-of-Our-Lives-Erics-Agonizing-Realization-He-Wants-Nicole.htm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

lysie
Member Avatar

Not to rain on any parades, but this spoiler still stands for the end of the coming week.

Friday, August 8th
Eric tells Nicole he hates her!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

It almost feels like the show was biding time with the atrocious "shredding arc" until Kristen returned to put Ericole back in that good light they were in before she left. I used to be really good at ignoring or shooing away dumb plot drivel but that whole shredding fiasco really burnt my ass, along with Eric's hypocritical boring makeover that happened during it. Ericole was the coolest love story the show had done in forever and man did they ruin it. Can it be redeemed? Apparently so. But it left such a bad taste in my mouth that I'm concerned I won't give a shit when I see these scenes. My hope, however, is that chemistry they once had will shine thru yet again and these actors can bring to life what once was beautiful. A boy can hope.

james0479
Member Avatar

Lysie, I was thinking about that spoiler too. It appears while he wants Nicole, he hates this choice he has because he "hates" how much he loves her. Hate is a strong word so of course he will use it.
Edited by james0479, Aug 2 2014, 05:39 PM.

nananana7
Member Avatar

When combining the existing spoilers with the about.com article ...
I *speculate* ....

Wednesday Aug 6, Eric is cleared of all charges and allowed to become a priest again.
Thursday Aug 7, the bishop asks if Eric still wants to be a priest ... but Eric tells the bishop NO because he still wants Nicole.
Friday Aug 8, he tells Nicole he hates her.

So maybe he chooses not to be a priest ... but then hates Nicole ... because he loves Nicole?

He better not blame her for his own choice.
I really hope he isn't that much of an asshole.

If he tells Nicole Friday Aug 8 that he hates her ..
... how will she react on Monday Aug 11th? That is the question.
Will she tell him he belongs in his own special hell?
Or will he apologize?
I have no idea.
Edited by nananana7, Aug 2 2014, 05:48 PM.

AmbernOK
Member Avatar

He will tell her he hates her but I think that just leads to them having another round of a fraught moment which leads to sex! I really need to see what the spoilers for August 11 say.
Edited by AmbernOK, Aug 2 2014, 05:46 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

AmbernOK
Aug 2 2014, 05:45 PM
He will tell her he hates her but I think that just leads to them having around fraught moment which leads to sex! I really need to see what the spoilers for August 11 say.
Not much.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AmbernOK
Member Avatar

Well, at least he actually makes a choice!! Lol That has to be a first...even though he tells her he hates her later in the week. Once again, this story gives me whiplash!

pagraves
Member Avatar

I'm good with the hate thing, since I don't think he actually hates her. I think he hates himself for being unable to keep his promise to the church because of his craving for Nicole. He's done a whole lot of self-deception over the past couple of years, but he's fast reaching the point where he can't believe his own lies anymore. And the truth about himself is hard for him to deal with. It attacks his self-perception in shattering ways.

People seem to think Eric is a goody goody. He's not. He's selfish and at times controlling (his emotional manipulation of Nicole in the rectory in order to keep her from leaving him or having sex with other men is occasionally breathtaking). But he's also kind and patient. He did give Nicole soul-saving support at a time when nobody else did, he taught her to value herself, a lesson that she's held onto, even in the middle of this mess she's gotten herself into with her lies, and he still to this day defends her to others, even when he can't bear to be around her himself. He doesn't want to love her, thinks he shouldn't, but he does. And I think he's about to have to deal with it.

Eric's twisted in some very interesting ways. It's just not on the surface like a lot of characters. He's more like an iceberg—what you see of him is only a tiny part of the real man, and what you don't see can be unpredictable and even dangerous.

I think he's a much better match for Nicole than people give him credit for.

james0479
Member Avatar

"I hate you because I love you"....that's what it all is obviously. It could've been an sweeping dramatic tearjerker thing to say in the middle of a love story between man, woman and God. But too much nonsense has happened that it's kinda EH at this point. And I was really digging Greg Vaughn but the past months he's come across very bland and boring to me....almost close to an accidental parody. Idk. That's just my opinion. Maybe he was as bored with the contrived bullshit plot crap as I became. However (comma) ill be watching and give it a shot.

fundays13
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 2 2014, 05:36 PM
Not to rain on any parades, but this spoiler still stands for the end of the coming week.

Friday, August 8th
He wants her so he can use her as a whipping post for his failures . So dont give a flying flip about ericole. :sleep2:

james0479
Member Avatar

fundays13
Aug 2 2014, 06:49 PM
lysie
Aug 2 2014, 05:36 PM

Friday, August 8th
He wants her so he can use her as a whipping post for his failures . So dont give a flying flip about ericole. :sleep2:
And that's what's most tired about everything. I get Nicole is one of those characters who messes things up, can't win for losing, etc. But Nicole has been thru ALOT, arguably more heartache than most on this show. She's a strong woman...at least she should be and I'm OVER her being a whipping post for over half the town while people like Sami can go batshit nuts year after year and get away with it. #FreeNicole!

camera shy

I bet because he's having sexual feelings for Nicole he thinks that he shouldn't be a priest and that's why he decides against it, but he still doesn't want a life with her.

james0479
Member Avatar

What could be interesting now is....does Eric go back into the priesthood? It sounds weird and I really don't mean it in a strange way but I found Eric not only more attractive but also an overall better character when he was a priest. Once Ericole could be together (before the shredding nonsense), I felt their chemistry went downhill in a seconds time! Would Nicole go back to work in the convent? Do we start over? I'm curious where they go from here. I wouldn't mind a regrouping to build back up all they ruined.
Edited by james0479, Aug 2 2014, 07:15 PM.

chinkybig

This storyline had such promise, that just went down the drain. Now, it's just B-O-R-I-N-G. The writers just can't write love stories properly: either they make it become insufferable (like this one) OR they ruin a very good thing (John and Marlena).

Sigh.

Cassie1

Well I am very excited about this S/L and I PRAY they don't screw it up! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Ericole! I am ready!

I think they will be amazing now that FETCH has been removed from their storyline! Thank God!
Edited by Cassie1, Aug 2 2014, 07:58 PM.

Renaissance Girl

You know what, they can do whatever they want with Eric and Nicole at this point and I still won't care. As much as I would love to give a shit, the writers are making it so hard for me to care.

Sariah
Member Avatar

I'd much rather have Eric hating Nicole than being indifferent to her as he has been for these last few weeks (months).

Actually, what I'd much rather have is Eric being in love with Nicole but struggling with it because of what she's done.

truluvpassions07
Member Avatar

pagraves
Aug 2 2014, 05:52 PM
I'm good with the hate thing, since I don't think he actually hates her. I think he hates himself for being unable to keep his promise to the church because of his craving for Nicole. He's done a whole lot of self-deception over the past couple of years, but he's fast reaching the point where he can't believe his own lies anymore. And the truth about himself is hard for him to deal with. It attacks his self-perception in shattering ways.

People seem to think Eric is a goody goody. He's not. He's selfish and at times controlling (his emotional manipulation of Nicole in the rectory in order to keep her from leaving him or having sex with other men is occasionally breathtaking). But he's also kind and patient. He did give Nicole soul-saving support at a time when nobody else did, he taught her to value herself, a lesson that she's held onto, even in the middle of this mess she's gotten herself into with her lies, and he still to this day defends her to others, even when he can't bear to be around her himself. He doesn't want to love her, thinks he shouldn't, but he does. And I think he's about to have to deal with it.

Eric's twisted in some very interesting ways. It's just not on the surface like a lot of characters. He's more like an iceberg—what you see of him is only a tiny part of the real man, and what you don't see can be unpredictable and even dangerous.

I think he's a much better match for Nicole than people give him credit for.

Couldn't agree more. I have a soft spot for Ericole and am so disappointed with how the writers butchered what could have been such a touching love story & reunion. I think, regardless of everything that's happened between them, he still loves her because of the "first love" connection that they share. Is that enough to reunite them? Time will tell. :shrug:

ArnoldFinnegan
Member Avatar

Makes sense I suppose. He hates her because now he realizes that he always would have chosen her over the priesthood. But she shredded the evidence, so she took that choice away. And now he doesn't want the priesthood, but he can't forgive her either. So he hates her (for now) because he doesn't want the priesthood OR Nicole, and he's left with nothing.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply