Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
About.com:Eric's Agonizing Realization
Topic Started: Aug 2 2014, 05:26 PM (2,579 Views)
kay
Member Avatar
Kay

AmbernOK
Aug 2 2014, 05:48 PM
Well, at least he actually makes a choice!! Lol That has to be a first...even though he tells her he hates her later in the week. Once again, this story gives me whiplash!
He has made choices before, and then backtracked and changes his mind. He needs to really be sure of what he wants before he makes his decision. He is too indecisive and has to rely on others (Brother Timothy, the Bishop) to make his decision. He needs to follow his heart. He is leading Nicole on, and teasing her. Tells her he loves her and wants to be with her. Then changes his mind and tells her he hates her. Frustrating and annoying!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Reese
Member Avatar
♥ Soulmates ♥

nananana7
Aug 2 2014, 05:45 PM

So maybe he chooses not to be a priest ... but then hates Nicole ... because he loves Nicole?

He better not blame her for his own choice.
I really hope he isn't that much of an asshole.

Eric's probably going to be that much of an asshole. :drunk:

Courtneya6688
Member Avatar

I love eric and nicole because I've waited years to see my girl have someone love her and only her. But eric is no better than all the others she has been with if he continues to treat her this way. If he loves her than forgive her and move on if not then let her go. I'm sad because part of nicole happy ending is her to finally be a mom and she will not get this any time soon with Eric if things don't change soon.

rfsexton
Member Avatar
Queen of Texas

AmbernOK
He will tell her he hates her but I think that just leads to them having another round of a fraught moment which leads to sex! I really need to see what the spoilers for August 11 say.
So do I!!!! When are the Aug 11 Spoilers going to be posted. :redface: :redface: :badmood: :badmood:

missmeka1987_
Member Avatar

Yes during the week of August 11-14 Kristen will officially be back in Salem can't wait to see everyone's reaction :cheer:

james0479
Member Avatar

^^^ Thank God! I need Kristen in or at least on the outskirts of Salem yesterday!!

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

Courtneya6688
Aug 2 2014, 09:53 PM
I love eric and nicole because I've waited years to see my girl have someone love her and only her. But eric is no better than all the others she has been with if he continues to treat her this way. If he loves her than forgive her and move on if not then let her go. I'm sad because part of nicole happy ending is her to finally be a mom and she will not get this any time soon with Eric if things don't change soon.
I too have waited years for Nicole to find happiness. I thought it was finally with EJ before that nasty storyline where Johnny hid under a table. Then Eric came back and the build up seemed great but the writers destroyed them unnecessarily with the shredding. Now I don't know anymore. I just want Nicole to be happy even if it's without a man. I think making her a single mom will do just wonderfully. Eric, who I haven't liked since the reveal of the evidence shredding can disappear for all I care. Ericole can still happen for real but I'm not holding my breath. The way they both dealt with betrayal from the other is like night and day. Eric became so spiteful and unattractive and Nicole, well she's always a sucker for the people she loves and cares about even when they are complete dicks to her, she forgives and actually moves on instead of holding on to their past sins to use against them like they are always using against her. Personally I don't care that Eric realised he really wants Nicole and not to become a priest again because I hope she tells him where he can shove it as she moves on with her life, preferably with someone who can truly her and not hate her or themselves for loving her.

I thought I wanted Ericole to happen by any means necessary but it turns out I don't. Nicole deserves far better.

lazydazes
Member Avatar

I'm here for THIS.
Shaking my trueblue #Ericole pompoms to see my faves in whatever capacity I can.
So ready to watch Eric's struggles. In Eric's defense, at least he is struggling with his feelings. How many times have any of the men in Nicole's past (EJ and Brady) ever lamented, cried, etc. over wanting to be with her? They never have. I'm fangirling over the fact that a man is actually tormented over his feelings for my girl, Nicole. And its clear to me that Eric's all tied in knots. Besides that, I love watching Greg V'S soulful acting and he emotes so well. Of course, Ari will rise to the occasion and sell what she's given.

LuvingLumi
Member Avatar
♥ Jax Teller♥

I actually am looking forward to it. Hoping the fix the mess they made

concerned
Member Avatar

I actually don't have a clue how this is all going to go down.

Whether I am going to love it or whether I am going to hate it.

But I do know I'm going to be tuning in each day in anticipation.

This week really can not come soon enough for me,

FIVE DAYS OF BEING EXCITED ABOUT DAYS,
Edited by concerned, Aug 3 2014, 05:10 PM.

esp13
Member Avatar

All I know is this could have been done so much better. Eric should have never told Nicole he loved her. Instead, Nicole should have found the evidence and cleared Eric. He goes back to being a priest, but with all these doubts. While he's wrestling his conscious, Nicole decides she can never have love and marries some rich guy or something like that. Just as she does that, Eric makes his choice and goes to Nicole. For whatever contrived reason, she can't leave her new husband and maybe tells herself that it's not love from Eric, just lust. So she rejects him - harshly. He goes back to the church.

Over the next few months they have many fraught encounters. Then something happens and Eric realizes Nicole really does love him. But he's made some commitment to the church (beyond just his vows) and can't leave.

After a few more ups and downs, they finally get their timing right. They get together and get a few months of happiness before the next disaster strikes.

At least that is how it worked on the show that plays in my head.

SoapGal1
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 3 2014, 05:39 PM
All I know is this could have been done so much better. Eric should have never told Nicole he loved her. Instead, Nicole should have found the evidence and cleared Eric. He goes back to being a priest, but with all these doubts. While he's wrestling his conscious, Nicole decides she can never have love and marries some rich guy or something like that. Just as she does that, Eric makes his choice and goes to Nicole. For whatever contrived reason, she can't leave her new husband and maybe tells herself that it's not love from Eric, just lust. So she rejects him - harshly. He goes back to the church.

Over the next few months they have many fraught encounters. Then something happens and Eric realizes Nicole really does love him. But he's made some commitment to the church (beyond just his vows) and can't leave.

After a few more ups and downs, they finally get their timing right. They get together and get a few months of happiness before the next disaster strikes.

But we all know the show in your head is ten times better than what's actually playing onscreen.

james0479
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 3 2014, 05:39 PM

That's exactly the road I was hoping they'd take. Kudos to you for "writing" the right story. When it became obvious Nicole was going to destroy that evidence, I think we all knew the show just royally screwed up. There was never need for that because A) it ruined the year of a deeper growth of character for Nicole and B) there was plenty of drama and angst anyway! That story could've written itself. I wonder if the show has looked back on that choice and regretted it in any capacity cuz it SUCKED. While I can't really prove it, I do feel had the Ericole story been told differently after Kristen left, we could've held on to some viewers because it was a story told the right way. Until that damn shredder.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

ehhbbbllll Uhjjkllllj "slobber slobber slobber"

Can't comment, have lost too much blood from my oozing stump!

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

nananana7
When combining the existing spoilers with the about.com article ...
I *speculate* ....

Wednesday Aug 6, Eric is cleared of all charges and allowed to become a priest again.
Thursday Aug 7, the bishop asks if Eric still wants to be a priest ... but Eric tells the bishop NO because he still wants Nicole.
Friday Aug 8, he tells Nicole he hates her.

So maybe he chooses not to be a priest ... but then hates Nicole ... because he loves Nicole?

If he tells Nicole Friday Aug 8 that he hates her ..
... how will she react on Monday Aug 11th? That is the question.
Will she tell him he belongs in his own special hell?
Or will he apologize?
I have no idea.
The other thing is wonder if Eric love for Nicole is so strong that he hates the fact that he been given the change to go back to the priest hood and can't bring himself to actual do it. So he response to that is hating Nicole because he can't stop himself from admitting to the bishop that he is actual in fact in love with Nicole.

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

WilSonJAb33
Aug 3 2014, 10:16 PM
nananana7
I *speculate* ....

Wednesday Aug 6, Eric is cleared of all charges and allowed to become a priest again.
Thursday Aug 7, the bishop asks if Eric still wants to be a priest ... but Eric tells the bishop NO because he still wants Nicole.

Or will he apologize?
I have no idea.
The other thing is wonder if Eric love for Nicole is so strong that he hates the fact that he been given the change to go back to the priest hood and can't bring himself to actual do it. So he response to that is hating Nicole because he can't stop himself from admitting to the bishop that he is actual in fact in love with Nicole.
I don't think he would admit to God that he loves Nicole, because that would mean admitting that his love for Nicole is unconditional, and shit, who's ever loved her like that except for her mom?

What Eric needs is to get his head out of his Fine Little Ass and start reading God's signs and understand that forgiving someone doesn't mean your ok with what they did, I mean hell, the guy was a priest and doesn't understand forgiveness?

To err is Human Eric, to forgive is Devine. Anddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd "slobber slobber slobber"

WilSonJAb33
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
Aug 3 2014, 10:26 PM
WilSonJAb33
nananana7
I *speculate* ....

Or will he apologize?
I have no idea.
I don't think he would admit to God that he loves Nicole, because that would mean admitting that his love for Nicole is unconditional, and shit, who's ever loved her like that except for her mom?

What Eric needs is to get his head out of his Fine Little Ass and start reading God's signs and understand that forgiving someone doesn't mean your ok with what they did, I mean hell, the guy was a priest and doesn't understand forgiveness?

To err is Human Eric, to forgive is Devine. Anddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd "slobber slobber slobber"
well based on spoilers Eric tells the bishop that

Laufeyson
Member Avatar

crookedhalo
WilSonJAb33
nananana7
I *speculate* ....

Or will he apologize?
I have no idea.

Her brother.

I think he's afraid to admit he really does love her because he might view it as a weakness. He's already associating her with sin/evil because of her actions and to admit that he loves a sinful woman is not something that he (with his new outlook in life) will celebrate and revel in it. Eric wants a 'godly' woman or someone who has those good characteristics, qualities and values that Nicole doesn't have. While they were working at the rectory together he thought that deep down she was that woman despite her past and now he thinks he sees her for what she truly is. He's rejecting her and possibly views her as something he needs to be purged from, (this is how I see the development of this story for now). Had he not been a priest, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Eric, I feel will start exhibiting symptoms akin to an addict. He'll always be drawn to her even when he doesn't want to be and is desperate to be free. He will never be free of her, she's in every fiber of his being.
Edited by Laufeyson, Aug 3 2014, 11:35 PM.

concerned
Member Avatar

Laufeyson
Aug 3 2014, 11:21 PM
crookedhalo
WilSonJAb33
nananana7
I *speculate* ....

Or will he apologize?
I have no idea.

Her brother.

I think he's afraid to admit he really does love her because he might view it as a weakness. He's already associating her with sin/evil because of her actions and to admit that he loves a sinful woman is not something that he (with his new outlook in life) will celebrate and revel in it. Eric wants a 'godly' woman or someone who has those good characteristics, qualities and values that Nicole doesn't have. While they were working at the rectory together he thought that deep down she was that woman despite her past and now he thinks he sees her for what she truly is. He's rejecting her and possibly views her as something he needs to be purged from, (this is how I see the development of this story for now). Had he not been a priest, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Eric, I feel will start exhibiting symptoms akin to an addict. He'll always be drawn to her even when he doesn't want to be and is desperate to be free. He will never be free of her, she's in every fiber of his being.
That's kind of epic and romantic - hence I don't imagine it will happen.

jb1183

james0479
Aug 2 2014, 07:15 PM
What could be interesting now is....does Eric go back into the priesthood? It sounds weird and I really don't mean it in a strange way but I found Eric not only more attractive but also an overall better character when he was a priest. Once Ericole could be together (before the shredding nonsense), I felt their chemistry went downhill in a seconds time! Would Nicole go back to work in the convent? Do we start over? I'm curious where they go from here. I wouldn't mind a regrouping to build back up all they ruined.
Yeah, I'm hoping this isn't one of those situations where the angst always plays better than the actual relationship. The chemistry between Ericole when she was working in the rectory with him was off the charts. And I cannot for the life of me figure out why the went with the paper shredding storyline. There were plenty of more organic obstacles for them than turning Nicole back into a manipulative liar immediately after executing a flawless and completely believable redemption storyline for her. It's time for Nicole to have some happiness. Sami has four kids and multiple men waiting in the wings at all times, but Nicole, who has really grown into a much better person than Sami, can never catch a break. I want to see Nicole's dreams finally come true, and I believe Eric is the best person to make that happen.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply