Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Social Media Posts, Week of August 4th
Topic Started: Aug 4 2014, 03:18 AM (28,825 Views)
Miss Rhi
Member Avatar
"If Sami can't find happiness with a Martian, then she can't find happiness with anyone."

General Info:

This thread is for social media posts related to Days. We've omitted "interesting/spoilerish" from the title, but that hasn't really changed: We're looking for posts which help our understanding of the behind-the-scenes, or on the screen, workings of the show. If you're not sure if a post fits, feel free to post it, but an admin may jump in if someone continually posts items which aren't really relevant.

Additionally, the ideal posts for this thread are posts which would not otherwise go in their own thread.. If you're a newer member and not as familiar with what types of items go in separate threads, feel free to PM an admin or put something here with a note, but in general major news items get their own threads. It doesn't matter if we also hear about it in social media. If SOD has an article called "EXCLUSIVE: Ali Sweeney decides to stay", it doesn't matter if they also tweet it. (Ps - she's not staying, as far as we know, but items like that have been put in the twitter thread in the past few months.)

Posting these items:

Tweets: Please link each tweet and then set it off in italics, quotes or a quote box. To link a tweet from the web, click the time stamp ("21m") which will put a link in the address bar. To link a tweet from a phone, click the "..." and choose copy link to tweet. If this is difficult, please at least set off the tweet in quotation marks.

Instagram: We very much prefer that the picture be posted here along with the caption. Please put the caption in quotes. Posting the picture may require uploading it to a service like photobucket to get a link, or you can go to the instagram account on the web. If you are unable to post the picture, please leave a note in your post asking if another member can do it for you. (For example: "Justin Gaston just posted the cover of his last script. His instagram is ____. Can anyone grab it for me?")

Facebook: If on the web, click on the timestamp for a link. If on the phone, please quote the post and follow the instructions for instagram above regarding pictures.

Other social media: (Vine, etc) - Same rules, please try to link if possible, otherwise quote and ask for help posting.

If anyone has names to add to this thread, please PM them to Ellie rather than putting them in the thread. There are unfortunately a lot of fake accounts out there, and we want to verify each account is legit before adding it to this list. (Unfortunately, this is true even if a known Days person tweets someone back.)

We have entered the below list as a "Twitter List" under the DaytimeRoyalty twitter account. To access it, go to

http://twitter.com/DaytimeRoyalty/days-of-our-lives

Then click "Follow this list". It will then appear in your lists.

Thanks! :smile:

Posted Image

Social Media Accounts
Note: We've only included public accounts where one doesn't have to request access.

Official Days Accounts
@Daysofourlives
@NbcDays Instagram: nbcdays

Current Days Cast - from when they start taping to when they stop airing
Kristian Alfonso - @kjalfonso Instagram: kristianalfonso
Camila Banus - @camilabanus Instagram: Camilabanus
Blake Berris - @blakeberris Instagram: blakeberris
Shawn Christian - @ShawnC4Real
Bryan Dattilo @bryan_dattilo
Eileen Davidson @eileen_davidson, Eileen Davidson Facebook
Kassie DePaiva - @KassieDePaiva
Judi Evans - @TheJudiEvans
Justin Gaston - @JMichaelGaston
Galen Gering - @Galengering, Jenna Gering (wife) @jennagering
Deidre Hall - @DeidreHall, The Deidre Hall Fan Page (Facebook)
Bill & Susan Hayes - @DaysHayes
Drake Hogestyn - @DrakeHogestyn, Drake Hogestyn Facebook
Lauren Koslow - @LaurenKoslow
Aaron & Griffin Kunitz Facebook
Wally Kurth - @Wallykurth
Jen Lilley - @jen_lilley Instagram: Jen_lilley
Meredith Scott Lynn - @MeredithSLynn Instagram: Meredithscottlynn
Kate Mansi - @katemansi Instagram: Katemansi
Eric Martsolf - @EricMartsolf Instagram: Ericmartsolf
Casey Moss - @1CaseyMoss
True O'Brien - @trueobrien
Allison Paige - @AllisonPaigeN
Terrell Ransom Jr. - @TerrellRansomJr
Melissa Reeves - @missyreeves4
James Reynolds - @JreynoldsJames
Kevin Riggin - @KRiggin815
Suzanne Rogers - @SuzanneC_Rogers, Suzanne Rogers Facebook
James Scott - @IamJamesScott
Freddie Smith - @freddiemsmith
Chrishell Stause - @Chrishell7
Alison Sweeney - @Ali_Sweeney, Alison Sweeney Facebook Instagram: alisweeney
Greg Vaughan - @greg_vaughan Instagram: gregvaughan
Guy Wilson - @THEguywilson Instagram: theguywilson
Robert Scott Wilson - @MrRobertScott Instagram: robertscottwilson
Ari Zucker - @Ari_Zucker, Ari Zucker Facebook

Writers/Hairstylists/Other Staff
Judie Henninger (Promos) - @heyjude14
Maggie Klaus (Former 'Days Insider') - @TheRealMagstar

Former Days cast active on twitter or Facebook:

Spoiler: click to toggle

Days Contact Info:

It is unlikely SOD will print any letter that bashes an actor/actress, producer or headwriter. Try to be reasonable and respectful with your criticism, but don't be afraid to express your point of view about the show and its storylines.

If the comment line inboxes are full, wait until they're emptied and call back later.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The PR team at Days wants us to let everyone know they check this board daily and they report our feedback to producers. They also check the comment line, so make sure to call it often and leave your feedback about the show!
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

blueskies
Member Avatar

I debated posting this (it's a rather inflammatory comment (not from her)), but since it's the only slight remark Eileen's made regarding the RH offer, I figured it had value beyond, well being inflammatory (and if not, please delete). Some "fan" on FB took a quite hard stance against it and she replied.

I can't figure out how to get a link to the exact post, but here's one to the posts to page,

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152283832591347&id=95364886346
Edited by Miss Rhi, Aug 5 2014, 05:07 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

james0479
Member Avatar

While I'm not in the mood to watch Daniel gloat, sweat, relish and overall be his gross nasty self to a bound and gagged Kristen....or chase after her, etc etc...I AM excited we are one day closer to Ms Krazy With A Heart Of Gold Kristen blowing everyone away when she steps back into Salem. FINALLY. Can't wait!

james0479
Member Avatar

blueskies
Aug 4 2014, 07:11 AM
I debated posting this (it's a rather inflammatory comment (not from her)), but since it's the only slight remark Eileen's made regarding the RH offer, I figured it had value beyond, well being inflammatory (and if not, please delete). Some "fan" on FB took a quite hard stance against it and she replied.

I can't figure out how to get a link to the exact post, but here's one to the posts to page,

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eileen-Davidson/95364886346?sk=posts_to_page
I find it ridiculous for a fan to blast someone personally for a decision they know nothing about. So ya named your child after a soap character. Ummm ok...so?! Eileen obviously has her own reasons for doing this and she knows more about the ins and outs than we do. Some "fans" just blow my mind!

Marlene

blueskies

I've never been a fan of these un-reality, reality shows and doubt I will ever watch RH but why do these fans have to comment on everything? I did enjoy ED's response.

james0479
Member Avatar

The shows are obviously ridiculous and they are what they are but it's a good paycheck (especially for ED as we learned), it's exposure and who cares really. It's a fun thing to do that gets your name out there even more, pays the bills, etc. It's Eileen's decision, she took it and if certain folks don't want to watch it...don't! I don't find it a reflection in any way for or against Eileen. Some fans need to get a life! Eileen responded in the best way. I enjoyed that response too. Just because you watch someone on tv for decades doesn't give you the right to judge their career choices. It truly blows my mind lol.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

It amazes me sometimes how some fans take everything their favorite actors do so personally, as thought they actually know them and expect them to do things the way they themselves would. And then when they don't they act offended and say rude things. Like on DH's facebook she mentioned something about what a politician did and how great it was and someone posted: I'm surprised you're so liberal. I'm paraphrasing cuz I can't remember exact wording. She never even said she was liberal only that she liked what that senator did. The FB idiot just assumed and then made a rude comment.
Edited by Rosebud, Aug 4 2014, 08:47 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

I am not a big follower of 'stars' and I don't go out of my way to connect with them. I don't even say hi when I see them in cafes or airports, which happened few times. But I believe that since fans make a celebrity, then they have a certain right to voice their opinion on whatever their fave is doing. There's an interdependence between a celebrity and their fans that fuels any interaction. And celebs opened the door to be more intimate with their fans. They interact with them on social media which broke the walls between celebs and their fans. A fan's role is not only to share positive feedback but to share disappointments as well. Of course some take it too far. And other than being a bit whiny, I don't think this person went overboard.

nananana7

blueskies

link to the exact post with Eileen's reply

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10152283832591347&id=95364886346

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kaha
Aug 4 2014, 09:05 AM
I am not a big follower of 'stars' and I don't go out of my way to connect with them. I don't even say hi when I see them in cafes or airports, which happened few times. But I believe that since fans make a celebrity, then they have a certain right to voice their opinion on whatever their fave is doing. There's an interdependence between a celebrity and their fans that fuels any interaction. And celebs opened the door to be more intimate with their fans. They interact with them on social media which broke the walls between celebs and their fans. A fan's role is not only to share positive feedback but to share disappointments as well. Of course some take it too far. And other than being a bit whiny, I don't think this person went overboard.
I agree with what you say about the star/fan thing being a give and take. Stars sometimes do benefit and take advantage from the relationship, but when you start to think they are your FRIENDS and you know them personally, then you need to take a step back. Just because you meet them in person does not mean you know them and are friends with them. I think that person that said that to ED was being ridiculous, but they certainly have a right to say it. ED should expect that from people too, especially now that she's going to be on a reality show playing herself. If she gets upset by a tweet then she's going to have a nervous breakdown once RHOBH starts airing, LOL

waterlilly
Member Avatar

I think Eileen has a great advantage on the HW show because she is an actress, she will be playing the part of her "real" self and can really handle the set ups. The ones that are not actresses on these shows really get themselves caught up in the "I'm special" zone and end up looking like fools and messing up their lives (although I don't think they get that). Some have not handled the celebrity part well at all. Eileen will breeze through this and deposit her pay check like the pro she is.

lysie
Member Avatar

If she doesn't want to be judged she's a) in the wrong profession and b) totally signed up for the wrong franchise, lol.

waterlilly
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 4 2014, 09:56 AM
If she doesn't want to be judged she's a) in the wrong profession and b) totally signed up for the wrong franchise, lol.
True dat :cheers:

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Reality show = people judging you. I really like ED, but lord knows I did some major eye rolling when I heard the news.

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
Why can't I learn to say things as short and succinctly as this:-@!

james0479
Member Avatar

lysie
Lol well that's a true valid point. It just amazes me what people will say....although I do wear my guilty pants when speaking of a certain doctor on this show so.... Yea lol

Mean, Mean, Mean!
Member Avatar

The thing is, I am also one who eye-rolled at the news... But I kept that to myself. (Or i might have posted in that thread) But to actually TWEET her and tell her she's lowered her standards ect? that's just sad.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

I know that hearsay isn't supposed to be really talked about if it is not verified, but apparently JS said at the fan event this weekend that there are a lot of Kristen/EJ scenes coming up and that Kristen would play a significant part in how EJ exits.

Was anyone at the event?

Yoryla
Member Avatar

blueskies

Yeah, this is simply out of line no matter what one thinks of her decision to join that show.

While I understand that celebrities should have these media outlets, I wish many times that they would not read the comments at all. Some of them are just vile.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

AlloverSoapFan ‏@AlloverSoapFan 9 h

@heyjude14 Hey Judie, another great promo this week! Been enjoying all of the Kristen promos this far, love them!!! :)

Judie ‏@heyjude14

@AlloverSoapFan thank you more to come

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply