Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Social Media Posts, Week of August 4th
Topic Started: Aug 4 2014, 03:18 AM (29,858 Views)
Rosebud
Member Avatar

Jason47
Aug 8 2014, 03:18 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
Aug 8 2014, 01:17 PM
Im confused by this. It almost sounds like a fake rivalry.
Why are you confused by this? I stated there would be "fake rivalry" or words to that effect as soon as they announced both were joining RH.

Here's part of my post from July 26:

"Remember, up until she was cast on Real Housewives, Eileen's real life off the Days/YR studios consisted of studying her scripts and spending time with her family. Now that she's part of a fake show, her "real life" will now consist of made-up fights and other made-up things that the uncredited writers of Real Housewives come up with."

I just did a quick search on "confidentiality agreement" and Real Housewives, and Radar Online has provided the release form participants must sign:
http://amradaronline.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/rhnj5-appearance-5pgb.pdf

The full story is below, but this sentence pretty much spells it all out:

"The rights granted herein shall also include the right to edit, delete, dub and fictionalize the Footage and Materials, the Program and the Advertisements as Producer sees fit in Producer’s sole discretion,” the opening clause in the contract reads.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2013/09/real-housewives-new-jersey-secret-bravo-contract-exposes-reality-tv-shows-really-made-documents/

This is the “real” world of reality television.

RadarOnline.com has exclusively obtained an unsigned Real Housewives of New Jersey contract for the current season that makes for alarming reading for anyone who wants their fifteen minutes of fame on the popular Bravo show.

Before the cameras begin to roll, participants must agree to the incredibly thorough contract, which has little to no room for negotiation.

Staggeringly, the UNPAID reality show hopefuls agree — via an “appearance release form” — to allow the scenes they participate in to be spun into any story line of the producers choosing!

“The rights granted herein shall also include the right to edit, delete, dub and fictionalize the Footage and Materials, the Program and the Advertisements as Producer sees fit in Producer’s sole discretion,” the opening clause in the contract reads.

What’s more, the document reveals how participants agree, from a legal standpoint, that it’s not the fault of the production company if they’re injured, defamed or have “personal, private, surprising, disparaging and embarrassing” details of their life broadcast — even if those humiliating and “unfavorable” details are not true!

Under the stipulations of the five-page standard contract, participants in Housewives — one of the most popular “reality” shows on the air — agree to the 17 terms, including:
They will not be paid for participating. “I hereby waive any and all rights I may have to any compensation whatsoever.”
The show may expose them to “public ridicule, humiliation or condemnation” and may portray them in a false light.
They shall not talk about the show and what goes on behind-the-scenes — ever — keeping “in strictest confidence” both “prior to, during, or after the taping” all “information or materials.”
They must wear “clothing, costumes, accessories and/or makeup” at the discretion of producers.
Their appearances on the show are “not a performance and is not (considered) employment.” It adds, “I acknowledge that I am a volunteer.”
Footage of them may be “exploited throughout the universe at any time, in perpetuity… without any compensation to me whatsoever.”

Participants also “represent and warrant” they’re in good health and have no medical, physical or emotional condition and agree not to take medication or drugs during filming.

They also sign an undertaking that they won’t run for public office for 12 months after their last scene is shot!

The document was authored by Sirens Project 1224, LLC., the Delaware-based production company behind The Real Housewives of New Jersey franchise.

It exposes how reality television is REALLY made and proves what critics of reality television have often argued — story lines are fake and don’t reflect what truly happened during filming.

Boldly, the agreement states the participant understands “that I am giving up certain legal rights under this agreement, including without limitation, my right to file a lawsuit.”

It adds, “I agree that I will never sue Producer, Sirens Media, LLC (“Sirens Media”), NBCUniversal Media, LLC, Network or anyone because I do not like the manner in which Producer or its licensees or assignees took or used the Footage and Materials or used the Footage and Materials in the Program.”

And if the wannabe reality star breaches the terms and conditions of the deal, the consequences are severe — a minimum $50,000 fine!

“Any breach by me of any of the confidentiality provisions of this Agreement would cause Producer and Network irreparable injury and damage that cannot be reasonably or adequately compensated by damages… therefore, I hereby expressly agree that Producer and Network shall be entitled to injunctive and other equitable relief,” the document reads.

“Accordingly, I agree to pay Producer and Network the sum of Fifty Thousand Dollars ($50,000) per breach plus disgorgement of any income that I may receive in connection with my breach as liquidated damages in the event that I breach any of the confidentiality provisions of this Agreement.”

It all begs the question: Why would someone sign away their life for fame or infamy?

According to the contract, participants “acknowledge and agree that a significant element of the consideration I am receiving… is the opportunity for publicity.”
LOL at all these agreements they have to sign. I think what matters though in the end is that the viewers don't see what the participants agree to. They don't run it at the beginning of the show or the end. So all the viewers know is that these women are being themselves and not acting. Some of us know a lot of it is bullshit, and that a lot of these fights are contrived, but in the end it doesn't matter. They play it as though it is real.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

phloe3

I don't believe a word that comes out of JL's mouth. She is the worst when it comes to interviews. I would say maybe thirty percent of what she says plays out onscreen. I would bet money the actress who plays Melanie is coming back

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Jason47
Aug 8 2014, 03:52 PM
ShaneDOOLFan
Aug 8 2014, 03:48 PM
The producers don't usually fake relationships. Im sure there is just a personality difference. Maybe Lisa is jealous of Eileen's career?
I'll stick with it being one of these things:

The rights granted herein shall also include the right to edit, delete, dub and fictionalize the Footage and Materials, the Program and the Advertisements as Producer sees fit in Producer’s sole discretion,” the opening clause in the contract reads.

The show may expose them to "public ridicule, humiliation or condemnation” and may portray them in a false light.

But if you choose to believe Eileen and Lisa don't actually like each other, you're free to do so.

I won't be watching, but will continue to think any fighting/problems between the two is totally made up by the producers as allowed per those two contract clauses I mentioned above.
I do watch these shows occasionally and while I know that some of the situations and fights/conflicts are invented by the producers, you do get a sense of what the participants are like as people. Their personalities are their own. Since it doesn't seem to be scripted, you can't deny you are seeing what that person is like, even in a contrived situation.

Kaha
Member Avatar

daysmemories
Aug 8 2014, 03:42 PM
Kaha
Aug 8 2014, 11:35 AM
jwsel
Aug 8 2014, 09:48 AM
james0479
Aug 8 2014, 06:25 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deeptheguywilson
Me and the most electric lady I've ever known @katemansi #Days #Abigail #Will

http://instagram.com/p/rXW6C_zPBO/?modal=true

Posted Image

theguywilson
The Horton-ish family! @katemansi @missyreeves and Freddie Smith! #Days

http://instagram.com/p/rXXUa9TPCF/?modal=true

Posted Imageeverywhere
Let's be realistic here. It wasn't just that Melissa Reeves tweeted a picture of Chik-fil-a. She tweeted it on the day that supporters had announced as a national campaign to support te company after the CEO had been criticized for his comments about same-sex marriage. And her tweet wasn't something like "yum, good chicken"; it was “Chick-fil-A today!!!! Loved every bite of it;)!! Land of the free and home of the brave. Love that we all appreciate free speech, right?”

Maybe MR is really obtuse or maybe she is a First Amendment absolutist (though the First Amendment doesn't protect you from criticism of your free speech), but her tweet was plainly intended to make a statement in support of the company and its CEO's statements. Let's not pretend otherwise.
She wasn't only supporting the CEO's statement. The CEO has donated millions to political organizations which oppose LGBT rights. Obviously, he's free to donate his money but the consumers and people who support LGBT rights are free to boycott. MR made a statement in support of someone who's actively doing everything in his power to aid in the marginalization and oppression of gays and lesbian americans. Unless she's dumb (which is a possibility since she doesn't know anything about free speech) and doesn't read anything, her statement was clear. The corporation she was supporting was funding organizations that lobbied against policies that ban discrimination based on sexual orientation in Pennsylvania and other states. That's right, it was not only about gay marriage but about discrimination in housing, employment and other forms of discrimination. The company's political donations was so toxic and odious that they couldn't defend it and after the backlash, they stopped donating to those organization because it actually hurt their bottom line.

I don't think people are slamming all christians, only those who use the bible to justify their hate. And a lot of people are still angry with MR because as Maya Angelou said: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

When people shared their disappointment and anger with her, she didn't even muster a weak "I am sorry if I hurt anyone."

I am not gay but I know history and there were people who were using the bible to oppose marriage between whites and blacks, not long ago. And before that there were people using the bible to justify slavery. Thanks to countless people who protested and SCOTUS ruling in Loving v. Virginia, my mom and dad's marriage is not considered illegal.

So, fuck MR and her bigoted support, she's on the wrong side of history, just like the people who were against Mildred and Richard Loving's marriage.
Im not taking sides here but isn't it "everyone's" right to support whatever cause they want. It would be hypocritical to say she can't have an opinion or support what she wants and than ask of her to do the same for those on the other side of the issue.
She's absolutely free to support whatever cause she wants to support, no matter how odious, but she can't expect not to face any backlash.

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 8 2014, 03:51 PM
granolagirl
Aug 8 2014, 12:16 PM
Kaha
So, fuck MR and her bigoted support, she's on the wrong side of history, just like the people who were against Mildred and Richard Loving's marriage.
^I agree, I think her motives and views were pretty clear. But I understand wanting to let her move on from it, too... She made a mistake, one that I think probably was about her social ties and looking for affirmation. She got slammed for it, and apparently some of her real friends were hurt by what she said, not just us people on the internet. Now years later, it still comes up sometimes when people are unhappy with the writing for Dannifer or Matt Ashford being fired, things that she has no control over and are completely unconnected. I think she's probably a sweet person who is in over her head when it comes to PR and balancing what the fans what to see from her, with her own views. Gay rights are going to move forward with or without her, and it's the kind of issue where a lot of people have had their views evolve drastically in recent years, and sometimes you have to give them space to let that happen. Maybe it never will with her. In the grand scheme of things I don't think it's going to matter.
I don't think her motives were as clear as they seemed. I lived in an area at the time that she would probably fit very well into. Most of the people there truly believed they were supporting freedom of speech and nothing more. Ignorance doesn't excuse insensitivity but sometimes it does explain it. No matter Missy's views on anything (which I'm sure are quite conservative), I have a hard time believing she would have been stupid enough to make a statement like that knowing her audience and coworkers. Regardless, all of that is a far cry from demanding to not be in scenes with certain characters. Fwiw, I also find it hard to believe that she has demanded no mention of Peter or no return of Jason Brooks.
I really hate to harp on this, but let's just say she was one of those people who thought someone was being silenced because of their religious beliefs and nothing more. She wanted to support the CEO's right to religious expression, right? There were plenty of people who didn't know anything about the donations and supporting causes that promote active discrimination against gay Americans. I would think the majority of the people were rallying to support someone's right to his religious beliefs (although those same people would probably overlap with the ones who were against building mosques in their cities, but whatever). Why didn't she say something other than "woe is me! Look at all the vicious people who are attacking me," once she received more information?

lysie
Member Avatar

Kaha
Aug 8 2014, 04:56 PM
lysie
granolagirl
Kaha
^I agree, I think her motives and views were pretty clear. But I understand wanting to let her move on from it, too... She made a mistake, one that I think probably was about her social ties and looking for affirmation. She got slammed for it, and apparently some of her real friends were hurt by what she said, not just us people on the internet. Now years later, it still comes up sometimes when people are unhappy with the writing for Dannifer or Matt Ashford being fired, things that she has no control over and are completely unconnected. I think she's probably a sweet person who is in over her head when it comes to PR and balancing what the fans what to see from her, with her own views. Gay rights are going to move forward with or without her, and it's the kind of issue where a lot of people have had their views evolve drastically in recent years, and sometimes you have to give them space to let that happen. Maybe it never will with her. In the grand scheme of things I don't think it's going to matter.
I don't think her motives were as clear as they seemed. I lived in an area at the time that she would probably fit very well into. Most of the people there truly believed they were supporting freedom of speech and nothing more. Ignorance doesn't excuse insensitivity but sometimes it does explain it. No matter Missy's views on anything (which I'm sure are quite conservative), I have a hard time believing she would have been stupid enough to make a statement like that knowing her audience and coworkers. Regardless, all of that is a far cry from demanding to not be in scenes with certain characters. Fwiw, I also find it hard to believe that she has demanded no mention of Peter or no return of Jason Brooks.
I really hate to harp on this, but let's just say she was one of those people who thought someone was being silenced because of their religious beliefs and nothing more. She wanted to support the CEO's right to religious expression, right? There were plenty of people who didn't know anything about the donations and supporting causes that promote active discrimination against gay Americans. I would think the majority of the people were rallying to support someone's right to his religious beliefs (although those same people would probably overlap with the ones who were against building mosques in their cities, but whatever). Why didn't she say something other than "woe is me! Look at all the vicious people who are attacking me," once she received more information?
I don't know. She should have. Doesn't change anything though. And the original point remains: it doesn't somehow equate to her refusing to be in scenes with Guy and Freddie.

Kaha
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 8 2014, 05:00 PM
Kaha
lysie
granolagirl

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I don't know. She should have. Doesn't change anything though. And the original point remains: it doesn't somehow equate to her refusing to be in scenes with Guy and Freddie.
I never claimed that. I never speculate about behind the scenes stuff since I don't know. Besides, I don't think any of these actors have that much power.

Rosebud
Member Avatar

Kaha
Aug 8 2014, 04:41 PM
daysmemories
Aug 8 2014, 03:42 PM
Kaha
jwsel
Aug 8 2014, 09:48 AM

Posted Image

theguywilson

Posted Imageeverywhere
She wasn't only supporting the CEO's statement. The CEO has donated millions to political organizations which oppose LGBT rights. Obviously, he's free to donate his money but the consumers and people who support LGBT rights are free to boycott. MR made a statement in support of someone who's actively doing everything in his power to aid in the marginalization and oppression of gays and lesbian americans. Unless she's dumb (which is a possibility since she doesn't know anything about free speech) and doesn't read anything, her statement was clear. The corporation she was supporting was funding organizations that lobbied against policies that ban discrimination based on sexual orientation in Pennsylvania and other states. That's right, it was not only about gay marriage but about discrimination in housing, employment and other forms of discrimination. The company's political donations was so toxic and odious that they couldn't defend it and after the backlash, they stopped donating to those organization because it actually hurt their bottom line.

I don't think people are slamming all christians, only those who use the bible to justify their hate. And a lot of people are still angry with MR because as Maya Angelou said: “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”

When people shared their disappointment and anger with her, she didn't even muster a weak "I am sorry if I hurt anyone."

I am not gay but I know history and there were people who were using the bible to oppose marriage between whites and blacks, not long ago. And before that there were people using the bible to justify slavery. Thanks to countless people who protested and SCOTUS ruling in Loving v. Virginia, my mom and dad's marriage is not considered illegal.

Im not taking sides here but isn't it "everyone's" right to support whatever cause they want. It would be hypocritical to say she can't have an opinion or support what she wants and than ask of her to do the same for those on the other side of the issue.
She's absolutely free to support whatever cause she wants to support, no matter how odious, but she can't expect not to face any backlash.
And I would think that if she posted that comment without knowing all the facts then you would think once she found out she would say something to make sure everyone understood she made the comment without knowing, and I don't think she bothered to do that. So I would think she stands behind her comment. Which is her right to do.

ladyofthelake
Member Avatar
Professor-in-training

james0479
Aug 8 2014, 06:25 AM
ladyofthelake
Aug 8 2014, 06:04 AM
The Room Stops
Aug 7 2014, 06:00 PM
normallynorm
Aug 7 2014, 12:24 PM

Posted Image

theguywilson

Posted Image
The only thing that was made clear was that she can be perceived as a moron for publically supporting a bigoted, undeserving, disgusting bunch of assholes who run Chick-Fil-A, but she has not in fact said that she despises gay people. I by no means think she behaved well or spoke clearly during and after that shitfest, but she doesn't deserve to be labeled as a gay basher.

Christians come in all forms, just like Agnostics, Jews, Buddhists and Muslims. I guess it's easier to just see all as one, as certain media outlets like to generalize everything and present it... well, wrongly. I think she was catty and what she did was stupid, but being a born-again Christian and extremely conservative doesn't automatically make her a gay basher or hater. I'd say her tweets, etc, are annoying to me believing what I believe, but I put that on her presentation, not Christianity.

There's always that shitty asshole presenting themselves as one thing, that ruins it for everybody else. And those assholes are everywhere.
:hail: :hail: :hail: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

You know, just like any other stereotype, I get really tired of the automatic assumption that all conservative Christians don't like gays or bash gays. It's like the stupid stereotypes that gays will also molest children (sorry for going there, but there IS that stereotype) or that all blacks are gangbangers or that all Muslims are terrorists.
We have no idea who she knows, or who she might have in her family, that would have her think however she thinks. I'm not Missy Reeves fan by any stretch of the imagination, but I really get tired of stereotypes.
Agreed. Why not just be real for a moment. I'm a gay male who knew he was gay at a ridiculously young age. I remember telling my mom about a boy I liked in 2nd grade. Thankfully she just went with it and didn't condemn me. Her father, my grandfather, was the Sunday School teacher at a local church in our relatively small town. Everyone knew everyone. We were Pentecostal/Church Of God....and I was in church every Sunday morning/night. I was also an old soul of sorts. I remember vividly around 9 years old being at church and my grandfather finished his teaching (which, while Im maybe biased, was always interesting and love filled), the preacher would take over and that's when the kids were to go to the back of the church in a room for children's church. I didn't move. The children's church lady, kinda rudely, tapped my shoulder and said, "You need to come to children's church! This church is for adults!" I said, "I know all about crayons and the story of Jonah and Noah and the whale and the arc. I want to hear this". So she left me WAY alone. Lol. But what I found was alot of hate speak that never made sense to even my 9 year old self after reading the Gospels for myself. I still don't get that. At 35 years old, I'm a non practicing gay male. And what I mean by that is...I see the attraction in the male form and that is what rings my bell, so to speak. I see attraction in the female form and it's beauty yet that bell don't ring. Lol. I don't engage in anything sexual because I just don't desire any form of sexual anything. I'm over it and happy to just be me.

I said all that to say this....I don't find Melissa Reeves did anything wrong. At first when it all went down, I wondered her stance but I also knew she was a Christian and maybe she had been to services like I'd been raised on that preached so hard on how deadly being gay is...without knowing truths. Then, after a few days, I laughed at the whole thing because in essence Melissa Reeves just likes chicken tenders. And she likes the way Chik Fil A makes em. Period. Lol. I personally hate chicken but I do love their waffle fries. A company can make a stance on an issue that hits close to home, but a person can still like what they like. At the end of the day, it's chicken and fries. I don't sense a hateful bone in Mrs Reeves body and as a gay male I don't have any ill will towards her. It's all chicken and fries. Theres bigger chickens to fry in this world. Much love. Xo

I love you.

concerned
Member Avatar

Eric Martsolf @ericmartsolf · 2h
Watch my lovely gal's 48 hour film project trailer....
@mollydollyy
@justinthomasb
@Austinblyon
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RulGqSIXZgM&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RulGqSIXZgM
Edited by concerned, Aug 8 2014, 06:11 PM.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

EM mentioning MB... My mind refuses to go there. It's not happening.

Halloween Family
Member Avatar

throughthehourglass
Aug 8 2014, 06:19 PM
Brady's going to need a shoulder to cry on.

throughthehourglass
Member Avatar

Halloween Family
Aug 8 2014, 06:26 PM
throughthehourglass
Aug 8 2014, 06:19 PM
Brady's going to need a shoulder to cry on.
In that case...

Posted Image

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

KJAlfonso: Happy Friday everyone;)!See you next week ;) hmmm what will happen ? ;)))#Haiden #Days @hfm_jewelry http://t.co/7ololSBkCS
http://twitter.com/#!/KJAlfonso/status/497909737854599168

Posted Image
Edited by Supergirlx2, Aug 8 2014, 11:08 PM.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

I really REALLY want to reply to Jen Lilley's denial tweet with "Oh thank GOD! Melanie SUCKS!!! Thank you SO MUCH for helping us dodge this gadawful bullet!!! XOXO" & see if she replies... :roflol:

On a brighter note...after Kristians tweet, my #Haiden feels!! My #Haiden FEELS!!! :popcorn: :wub:

LovinXtina
Member Avatar

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Aug 8 2014, 09:43 PM
I really REALLY want to reply to Jen Lilley's denial tweet with "Oh thank GOD! Melanie SUCKS!!! Thank you SO MUCH for helping us dodge this gadawful bullet!!! XOXO" & see if she replies... :roflol:

On a brighter note...after Kristians tweet, my #Haiden feels!! My #Haiden FEELS!!! :popcorn: :wub:
Everyone on here should do exactly that lol

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Aug 8 2014, 09:43 PM
Kristian's comments/replies below her latest Instagram post:

kristianalfonso: Lots & lots of Great things ,I'm really enjoying this story line .Lol I can't wait to see what happens next ;))!

kristianalfonso: @bopelove1983 your correct in saying that Aiden isn't a replacement for Bo he stands on his own as Bo did .2 Great characters ;)

(And it's posts/comments like these that make me wonder why anyone would get upset about the little bumps & hiccups along the road to a full-on Haiden romance. I think it's pretty obvious that Hope & Aiden are a couple by NYE (if not much sooner).)
Edited by Supergirlx2, Aug 8 2014, 11:13 PM.

lysie
Member Avatar

Kaha
Aug 8 2014, 05:17 PM
lysie
Aug 8 2014, 05:00 PM
Kaha
lysie

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
I never claimed that. I never speculate about behind the scenes stuff since I don't know. Besides, I don't think any of these actors have that much power.
You may not have claimed it, but that was what we were talking about. ;)

tylerbo20

i hate this show so much

thepadange

Arianne Zucker ‏@Ari_Zucker 1h
Right? Over it ! RT @JustBryBry: @nbcdays @Ari_Zucker The writers need to ease up on Nicole! She's not the only lying whore in town!!!
https://twitter.com/Ari_Zucker/status/497997760423940096
Edited by thepadange, Aug 9 2014, 03:15 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply