Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tuesday, August 5th Daily Discussion
Topic Started: Aug 4 2014, 10:14 PM (11,084 Views)
tomsawyer
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 6 2014, 09:12 AM
That said, I do wish there was a little more disappointment in Abby as well - if for no other reason than because she chose to have an affair with that same man. But they are two separate questions in my book. The lack of criticism of Abby doesn't make Sami one bit more sympathetic in my opinion.
Yep. The two women are both bad actors in this scenario and one's bad action doesn't absolve the other from their own. Just because Abby cheated with Sami's fiancee doesn't mean that Sami gets to act like a crazy bitch. And just because Sami is being a crazy bitch doesn't mean that everybody should be excusing Abby's actions. My problem with the current dynamic is that the writers (via the characters in Salem) are holding Sami accountable for what she is doing wrong, but not writing any fallout for Abby for what she did. But it's not surprising, as the writers don't seem very interested in developing Abby as a character.
Edited by tomsawyer, Aug 6 2014, 11:43 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

BeeBee
Member Avatar

Laura B
Aug 6 2014, 08:12 AM
mer4santo
Aug 5 2014, 11:26 PM
tomsawyer
Aug 5 2014, 11:34 AM
Sigh... poor Abby. She really needs more people supporting her.
It baffles the mind that not one person has asked her "what the fuck were you thinking?!?!?"

Yes! That is my biggest issue. Instead of poor Abby, and assuming EJ was at fault, how about you ask the girl WTF she was thinking, how did this happen and why she has once again found herself involved with an older, taken man.
Then, if you want to talk to Sami to get her to back off, how about start with I am so sorry you are hurting and that this has happened to you, what EJ and Abby did was wrong....don't start off attacking and defending Abby, that will just fuel the fire.
Kayla did start off that way and ended up getting extorted.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

The Scorpion
Aug 6 2014, 06:09 AM
for me it's simple :) Sami is totally Alone nobody are there at her side except her grandmother Caroline yet she stands strong, I mean in what world would the son, brother, family members stand on the other woman's side? Only on a soap.lol anyway I root for Sami the other coming across like a bunch of idiots who lack common sense. I also see that this is Sami and EJ's exit storyline and it'll be interesting to see how they exit Salem. I have my suspicions on how it will end :)

One more thing: Sami is true right now, so I see no problem whatsoever with her ​​revenge on the contrary, I might think that she has not done that much yet, she could be even more bad, so to speak. :)
I wonder if Caroline would still be by Sami's side if she knew Sami used sick/dying children to extort her daughter.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

BeeBee
Aug 6 2014, 01:17 PM
The Scorpion
for me it's simple :) Sami is totally Alone nobody are there at her side except her grandmother Caroline yet she stands strong, I mean in what world would the son, brother, family members stand on the other woman's side? Only on a soap.lol anyway I root for Sami the other coming across like a bunch of idiots who lack common sense. I also see that this is Sami and EJ's exit storyline and it'll be interesting to see how they exit Salem. I have my suspicions on how it will end :)

One more thing: Sami is true right now, so I see no problem whatsoever with her ​​revenge on the contrary, I might think that she has not done that much yet, she could be even more bad, so to speak. :)
I wonder if Caroline would still be by Sami's side if she knew Sami used sick/dying children to extort her daughter.
Maybe she would be understand since Kayla wasn't going to act on Abby's obvious breach of hospital policy?
Edited by daysjahvu, Aug 6 2014, 01:22 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
Aug 6 2014, 01:21 PM
BeeBee
The Scorpion

Maybe she would be understand since Kayla wasn't going to act on Abby's obvious breach of hospital policy?
You think Caroline would be okay with Sami threatening to withhold funding for the children's wing of the hospital currently under construction because Kayla would not voluntarily agree to fire Abby and Caroline would stand by Sami under those circumstances?

granolagirl
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
BeeBee
The Scorpion

Well given that Caroline was the one who switched the paternity results of Chloe's baby and pressured Kayla to keep quiet about it, she's not exactly in the best position to get on a high horse about hospital policy, lol.
Edited by granolagirl, Aug 6 2014, 01:37 PM.

BeeBee
Member Avatar

esp13
Aug 6 2014, 09:59 AM
Kaha
Aug 6 2014, 09:44 AM
esp13
Aug 6 2014, 09:25 AM
Kaha
Aug 6 2014, 09:18 AM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deep
And that was Marlena and Jennifer, not Kayla or Adrienne. I'm not aware of Marlena even being involved with Sami or Abby since the wedding. And I don't know how anybody can expect Jennifer to side with Sami over her own daughter. Sami went into major attack mode before Jen even had a chance to try and absorb what happened. I'm sure whatever sympathy Jen might have felt was destroyed in light of how Sami went after Abby. And while Jen generally drives me nuts, I don't think most mothers would have reacted too much differently.
I give Jennifer kudos for being a supportive mother and for giving Abigail a hug after the crazy lady came to her home. It was actually a pleasant surprise for me because, the Jennifer I know a loathe is a judgemental shrew. Look at the way she dealt with JJ. But I expect the rest of Sami's family to give her love and support. They saw the difference and whether Sami was living in her fool's paradise or not, they know she's hurting. They also know Sami is not a rational humanbeing so they should administer to her doses of taugh love.

As for Adrienne, she's not a character, she's a plot devise. Her purpose was to help Will dail his crazy to eleven.
I agree about Sami's family, for the most part. But we have seen Caroline be supportive. Marlena's been absent. Eric's been absent except for one conversation. Roman's been absent. Will is the only one who has been present and actively unsupportive. The only other family member she's interacted with is Kayla and given their lack of any meaningful relationship, Kayla's apparently closer relationship with Abby, and Sami's blackmail, I don't think Kayla's lack of sympathy or support is any real surprise.

As for Adrienne, she and Sami have been shown to have an adversarial relationship; she and Abby have to been shown to be relatively close; and Adrienne didn't find out about anything until Sami had already blackmailed Kayla. So, again, the circumstances don't lend themselves to Adrienne being all that sympathetic to Sami.

The problem really isn't that Kayla, Adrienne, Jordan, and even Will have been against Sami. It's that, aside from Caroline, the show hasn't bothered to get anyone else involved who would naturally be sympathetic to Sami (i.e. her mother or father). So it seems like "Sami's family" is against her when really, the people not sympathizing with her have actual reasons to feel that way and her family has been almost entirely absent.
I agree about Adrienne and Sami.When Sonny and Will told Adrienne about the hook up between Abby and Ej,she is told that Sami went to Jennifer's house and showed the pictures to her then she finds out Sami extorted her friend into firing their niece by threatening to withhold funds needed to complete construction on the children's wing.Adrienne even commented on Sami's history of doing bad things.Abby admits she was wrong and Sami was justifiably angry with her so its difficult to read Abby the riot act when she admits wrong doing and accepts responsibility for her inappropriate behavior when Adrienne knows and mentioned that Sami did much worse in drugging Austin,raping Austin,falsely claiming that Austin was Will's father,falsely claiming Lucas was physically abusing Will,blackmailing Lexie into lying to Carrie about her ability to have healthy children with Austin,etc.When you put Sami's misdeeds and criminal behavior that Sami attempted to justify on one side of the scale and Abby's inappropriate non criminal behavior with Austin and EJ that she never attempted to justify on the other side of the scale,I can see why Abby's family is not bent way out of shape about Abby's behavior.When Will pointed out while talking to Abby that they have all done things that are unforgiveable,I think he was recalling his and Sami's criminal behavior including them attempting to murder EJ which continued up to the time Gabi killed Nick.

daysjahvu
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Aug 6 2014, 01:33 PM
daysjahvu
BeeBee
The Scorpion

Well given that Caroline was the one who switched the paternity results of Chloe's baby and pressured Kayla to keep quiet about it, she's not exactly in the best position to get on a high horse about hospital policy, lol.
Good point, I had forgotten about that.

I guess I just want one person in Sami's corner since everyone else just seems to be so concerned with Abigail... the woman who knowingly had sex with Sami's fiancé and then lied to Sami about the nature of that relationship.

granolagirl
Member Avatar

daysjahvu
Aug 6 2014, 02:00 PM
granolagirl
daysjahvu
BeeBee

I guess I just want one person in Sami's corner since everyone else just seems to be so concerned with Abigail... the woman who knowingly had sex with Sami's fiancé and then lied to Sami about the nature of that relationship.
The thing with a lot of these ladies -- including Sami -- is that they have all cheated and suffered for it, too. That's the biggest reason why it doesn't make sense to me that any of them would get on board with Sami's revenge and making sure Abby wears her scarlet letter. (I wouldn't mind seeing any of them show her more compassion, though.)

Mouse Mom

Let me see here, Sami and EJ are ENGAGED, the engagement has gone shaky, then Sami needs EJ's help to cover up a crime, oh, wait, the victim is alive, then she needs EJ's help to deal with angry, crazy Nick. Okay, then Gabi solves the angry Nick problem by killing Nick. Let's move forward, Sami finds out that EJ did the deed with Abigail. And Sami decides hey let me marry him and then I can ruin him. During this process, Sami uses her kids as part of the revenge plan.
And then, Sami goes all, I have this new voice and I will destroy Abigail and any that don't say poor Sami and bow at my feet.
The thing is, Sami is not getting sympathy because Abigail didn't hurt anyone else. And Abigail didn't even hurt Sami's kids, they are used to people coming in and out of their lives and lots of weddings and divorces. That is normal for them. They love Abigail. She makes cupcakes. She makes Daddy smile. I would like it put to a vote with the kids, kick Sami out and bring Abigail in? Or have cray cray Mommy Sami ignore them and make everyone in Salem hate them and laugh at them behind their backs? hmmm wonder who they would vote for. Of course Allie has Lucas, so she wins anyway.
Sami had no right to set those kids up by telling them oh wedding, real family, happy ending knowing SHE was about to pull it all out from under them. And did she ever think she is not only taking from EJ and Stefano $$$ wise, she is messing with her kids future inheritance? Bet they will love her for that one day, huh? And don't get me started on Sami telling that lie to Adrienne. She made that up pretty fast. Wonder if Sami can spell slander?

Yoryla
Member Avatar

rss
Aug 5 2014, 05:56 PM
Yoryla
Aug 5 2014, 05:49 PM
Nicole is wearing the pearl collar now!!! Lol!

So *these* are the scenes they were filming at the time :blulaugh:
What do you mean "these are the scenes"? Is there a photo and story about the pearl collar? Please share.

Twitter photos in time of when these scenes were filmed. People were a little taken aback with Nicole's pearly collar outfit and the hair was also seen for the first time as *very* short and very blonde. It looks better now on screen though but those pics back then made me gasp! lol!

crookedhalo
Member Avatar

WilSonJAb33
Aug 5 2014, 07:35 PM
Rosebud
Aug 5 2014, 07:29 PM
movingon
Aug 5 2014, 05:59 PM
granolagirl
Aug 5 2014, 11:45 AM

Which is exactly why they should understand how devastating it is and have some sympathy instead of constantly defending the little home wrecker to Sami's face. What Sami did to Adrienne shows she is just desperate for someone to understand and acknowledge what she is going through. If they did I think she would back down just like she almost did after Caroline's visit. I bet even Jordan would snap if everyone in Salem was coming to Kate's defense.
Desperate = Pathetic. It's so childish for her to demand sympathy. Is she three years old?
That another part of the problem in her fight with Will for example that is a good example of Sami demand for sympathy rather then letting people simple show her it while not turning their backs on Abigale Sami demands sympathy in the manner in which is also means that people are in completely agreement with her regardless Abigale. Sami think nothing and opinions aren't separate and she demanded sympathy from Will twice as least the first time was from him and sonny showing up and their apartment ranting and raving about the affair. The second time was with her argument with Will at the D Mansion. And Will reasons for not showing or having much sympathy for Sami I think run much deeper then just this Abigale & EJ affair. Sami forced seconds of sympathy out of Adrienne by lying about Justin having an affair but that only blew up in Sami face since Adrienne turned around and alerted Will which I think means sonny will know soon enough what he mother was told by his mother in law (Sami). I think that Days cut those Will & Sonny scenes off at the wrong point I think we should have seen Sonny learn about Sami's lies to Adrienne.
the problem is even though Adrienne seemed a bit sympathetic, no Adrienne wouldn't go to Caroline, Steve or any guy she was seeing, and got her fired, she's not that much of a bitch.

rss
Member Avatar

Yoryla
Aug 6 2014, 03:06 PM
rss
Aug 5 2014, 05:56 PM
Yoryla
Aug 5 2014, 05:49 PM
Nicole is wearing the pearl collar now!!! Lol!

So *these* are the scenes they were filming at the time :blulaugh:
What do you mean "these are the scenes"? Is there a photo and story about the pearl collar? Please share.

Twitter photos in time of when these scenes were filmed. People were a little taken aback with Nicole's pearly collar outfit and the hair was also seen for the first time as *very* short and very blonde. It looks better now on screen though but those pics back then made me gasp! lol!
Thanks for the response.

Nicole does look weird with the Miss Priss outfit but I guess she had to dress appropriately for the cardinal.

Her hair was either too short or too slicked back but AZ still looked good.

Kaha
Member Avatar

granolagirl
Aug 6 2014, 02:25 PM
daysjahvu
Aug 6 2014, 02:00 PM
granolagirl
daysjahvu

The thing with a lot of these ladies -- including Sami -- is that they have all cheated and suffered for it, too. That's the biggest reason why it doesn't make sense to me that any of them would get on board with Sami's revenge and making sure Abby wears her scarlet letter. (I wouldn't mind seeing any of them show her more compassion, though.)
I don't think anyone wants Abigail to wear a scarlet letter, but I think it would make the story more interesting if there was a single character who slightly disapproves what she did or even shows Sami some sympathy. There are myriads for reasons to disapprove and be disappointed with Abigail. And it's really strange that not a single person thinks, WTH were you doing? I would even settle for Jennifer sharing her worries with Kayla or Adrianne. I don't care if they close ranks because Sami is crazy but to pretend that Abigail is the wronged party is just beyond ridiculous.

Edited by Kaha, Aug 6 2014, 11:13 PM.

S loves EJ

BeeBee
Aug 6 2014, 01:47 PM
esp13
Kaha
esp13
Aug 6 2014, 09:25 AM

I give Jennifer kudos for being a supportive mother and for giving Abigail a hug after the crazy lady came to her home. It was actually a pleasant surprise for me because, the Jennifer I know a loathe is a judgemental shrew. Look at the way she dealt with JJ. But I expect the rest of Sami's family to give her love and support. They saw the difference and whether Sami was living in her fool's paradise or not, they know she's hurting. They also know Sami is not a rational humanbeing so they should administer to her doses of taugh love.

As for Adrienne, she's not a character, she's a plot devise. Her purpose was to help Will dail his crazy to eleven.
I agree about Sami's family, for the most part. But we have seen Caroline be supportive. Marlena's been absent. Eric's been absent except for one conversation. Roman's been absent. Will is the only one who has been present and actively unsupportive. The only other family member she's interacted with is Kayla and given their lack of any meaningful relationship, Kayla's apparently closer relationship with Abby, and Sami's blackmail, I don't think Kayla's lack of sympathy or support is any real surprise.

As for Adrienne, she and Sami have been shown to have an adversarial relationship; she and Abby have to been shown to be relatively close; and Adrienne didn't find out about anything until Sami had already blackmailed Kayla. So, again, the circumstances don't lend themselves to Adrienne being all that sympathetic to Sami.

The problem really isn't that Kayla, Adrienne, Jordan, and even Will have been against Sami. It's that, aside from Caroline, the show hasn't bothered to get anyone else involved who would naturally be sympathetic to Sami (i.e. her mother or father). So it seems like "Sami's family" is against her when really, the people not sympathizing with her have actual reasons to feel that way and her family has been almost entirely absent.
I agree about Adrienne and Sami.When Sonny and Will told Adrienne about the hook up between Abby and Ej,she is told that Sami went to Jennifer's house and showed the pictures to her then she finds out Sami extorted her friend into firing their niece by threatening to withhold funds needed to complete construction on the children's wing.Adrienne even commented on Sami's history of doing bad things.Abby admits she was wrong and Sami was justifiably angry with her so its difficult to read Abby the riot act when she admits wrong doing and accepts responsibility for her inappropriate behavior when Adrienne knows and mentioned that Sami did much worse in drugging Austin,raping Austin,falsely claiming that Austin was Will's father,falsely claiming Lucas was physically abusing Will,blackmailing Lexie into lying to Carrie about her ability to have healthy children with Austin,etc.When you put Sami's misdeeds and criminal behavior that Sami attempted to justify on one side of the scale and Abby's inappropriate non criminal behavior with Austin and EJ that she never attempted to justify on the other side of the scale,I can see why Abby's family is not bent way out of shape about Abby's behavior.When Will pointed out while talking to Abby that they have all done things that are unforgiveable,I think he was recalling his and Sami's criminal behavior including them attempting to murder EJ which continued up to the time Gabi killed Nick.

If Adrienne was talking about Sami drugging Austin and claiming he was Will´s father among other things when she mentioned sami done worse she should have mentioned those things in order for the audience to understand her point of view better, especially since those things happened a long time ago and before Sami got Abby fired I would think Adrienne would have thought that Sami changed, and regardless of what Sami done in the past she was cheated on and Adrienne should have shown her sympathy when she first find out instead of attacking her.

I agree on that she shouldn´t read Abby the riot since Abby has admitt what she did was wrong, but she and other characters don´t seemed to agree with Abby on that since they are calling EJ a predator and that he took advatage of Abby. They shouldn´t put all the blame on EJ when Abby is equally responsible.

Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

What I hate most about Sami's dress: the fact that it doesn't even fit her!

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

S loves EJ
Aug 7 2014, 03:04 AM
BeeBee
esp13
Kaha

If Adrienne was talking about Sami drugging Austin and claiming he was Will´s father among other things when she mentioned sami done worse she should have mentioned those things in order for the audience to understand her point of view better, especially since those things happened a long time ago and before Sami got Abby fired I would think Adrienne would have thought that Sami changed, and regardless of what Sami done in the past she was cheated on and Adrienne should have shown her sympathy when she first find out instead of attacking her.

I agree on that she shouldn´t read Abby the riot since Abby has admitt what she did was wrong, but she and other characters don´t seemed to agree with Abby on that since they are calling EJ a predator and that he took advatage of Abby. They shouldn´t put all the blame on EJ when Abby is equally responsible.
Adrienne (and Jennifer) just assumed that E.J. "took advantage" of Abigail since he is older and more sophisticated than their "sweet little Abigail." They did not know that Abigail PURSUED E.J. and initiated the affair.

concerned
Member Avatar

kay
Aug 9 2014, 09:37 PM
S loves EJ
BeeBee
esp13

Adrienne (and Jennifer) just assumed that E.J. "took advantage" of Abigail since he is older and more sophisticated than their "sweet little Abigail." They did not know that Abigail PURSUED E.J. and initiated the affair.
Poor EJ if only Abby had listened to him when he was saying NO.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

S loves EJ

kay
Aug 9 2014, 09:37 PM
S loves EJ
BeeBee
esp13

Sami did told Jennifer that Abby followed EJ to the shower, but I guess she is in denial about it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply