Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jason47's Weekly Thread: Week of 8/4-8/10; 8/6 UPDATE: Episode rankings since James Scott's debut (5/30/06-7/31/14)
Topic Started: Aug 4 2014, 11:56 PM (2,000 Views)
Supergirlx2
Member Avatar
"Right now what I like most about Aiden is Hope" ~ DC

concerned
Aug 6 2014, 11:55 PM
Supergirlx2
Aug 6 2014, 09:54 PM
Sindacco
Aug 6 2014, 09:48 PM
Supergirlx2
Aug 6 2014, 09:32 PM
^Happy to see Kristian in 4th spot, cause I wouldn't have expected her to be that high.
That said, there's about a 300 episode gap between James & Ali and Ari (& everyone else below). And there's about a 75 episode gap between James & Ali. No wonder everyone who isn't an uber fan of either of them is beyond over them. They really have been over-exposed for years.

I'm sad that it's almost possible that Shawn will bump Kristian out of the 4 spot before James leaves because the TanMan seems to be being primed to take over the over-exposure role.
Yeah, and if you look at the top 10 there are several characters that weren't even on in 2006. Nicole, Daniel, Rafe and Brady all joined/came back in 2008, yet they are so high on the list.

Rafe is so high because of Safe. Nicole is so high because of Ericole. I'm not 100% sure why Brady's so high. And Daniel's so high because of his recent over-exposure with Fetch & his hero complex.
I don't think Ericole is the reason Nicole is so high.
i know. i corrected myself in a post below this one - i meant EJole.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

concerned
Member Avatar

Supergirlx2
Aug 7 2014, 12:00 AM
concerned
Aug 6 2014, 11:55 PM
Supergirlx2
Aug 6 2014, 09:54 PM
Sindacco
Aug 6 2014, 09:48 PM

Quoting limited to 4 levels deepI'm sad that it's almost possible that Shawn will bump Kristian out of the 4 spot before James leaves because the TanMan seems to be being primed to take over the over-exposure role.
Rafe is so high because of Safe. Nicole is so high because of Ericole. I'm not 100% sure why Brady's so high. And Daniel's so high because of his recent over-exposure with Fetch & his hero complex.
I don't think Ericole is the reason Nicole is so high.
i know. i corrected myself in a post below this one - i meant EJole.
Yes I should read to the end of the thread before posting...

concerned
Member Avatar

I'll note the difference between Hope and Nicole is 49 episodes....not 351.

I for one would be super ecstatic if these two shared leading lady status ( both are beautiful and capable of delivering heart wrenchingly great emotional material as well as the fun lighthearted moments).

Though with AZ about to go AWOL they might be equal sooner rather than later.

Marlene

Supergirlx2
Aug 6 2014, 09:32 PM
^Happy to see Kristian in 4th spot, cause I wouldn't have expected her to be that high.
That said, there's about a 300 episode gap between James & Ali and Ari (& everyone else below). And there's about a 75 episode gap between James & Ali. No wonder everyone who isn't an uber fan of either of them is beyond over them. They really have been over-exposed for years.

I'm sad that it's almost possible that Shawn will bump Kristian out of the 4 spot before James leaves because the TanMan seems to be being primed to take over the over-exposure role.

I was about to make the same comment but you beat me to it. I'll add that it's bothersome that SC, GG and EM are all in the top 10 and they were all hired after 2006. Nice to see KA up there but equally disappointed to see DH down at 15th.

Yoryla
Member Avatar

It's surprising that AZ is that high, considering she was gone for two years.

jb1183

Jason, I can't express how much I appreciate the time and effort you spend on making this data available. I'm not sure if any other soap has as dedicated a historian as you are. :applause:

jb1183

1. James Scott (EJ/Santo)...1446
5. Shawn Christian (Daniel)...887
11. Bryan Dattilo (Lucas)...604
65. Matthew Ashford (Jack)...88

:rolleyes: :shame:

Jason47
Member Avatar

jb1183
Aug 7 2014, 10:56 PM
Jason, I can't express how much I appreciate the time and effort you spend on making this data available. I'm not sure if any other soap has as dedicated a historian as you are. :applause:
Thanks, will be fun finishing things up later this year, just in time for the show's 50th anniversary next year!! :)

AidanGreensFan

James has definitely dominated since his arrival - but there were some other numbers that jumped out. For instance kate mansi - if she continues at her average - is on pace to be at 1000+ episodes if she stays as long as James Scott. Even though some have lower numbers if you factor in their years on the show - there has been a definite shift in who is dominating current air time.

Partnersincrime
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
Aug 7 2014, 11:39 PM
James has definitely dominated since his arrival - but there were some other numbers that jumped out. For instance kate mansi - if she continues at her average - is on pace to be at 1000+ episodes if she stays as long as James Scott. Even though some have lower numbers if you factor in their years on the show - there has been a definite shift in who is dominating current air time.
I pretty sure with Molly getting back she will get James record before Kate

AidanGreensFan

Partnersincrime
Aug 8 2014, 04:43 AM
AidanGreensFan
I pretty sure with Molly getting back she will get James record before Kate
No doubt.

Sandell

Thanks Jason47

presley cat
Member Avatar

Jason, I have no idea if I am allowed to post this or not so please delete this post if that is the case.

There was a blurb in the back of SOD that Eileen Davidson has signed for $750,000.00 to appear on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with Lisa Rinna.

Jason47
Member Avatar

presley cat
Aug 8 2014, 05:59 PM
Jason, I have no idea if I am allowed to post this or not so please delete this post if that is the case.

There was a blurb in the back of SOD that Eileen Davidson has signed for $750,000.00 to appear on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills with Lisa Rinna.
Yes, that was the figure I heard her contract was for too.

Kaha
Member Avatar

Thanks, Jason.

This makes so glaringly obvious how little screen time Freddie Smith gets. Pretty soon, Sonny will be surpassed by Anne and Maxine.

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

Sonny is one of my favorite characters. I wish he had more screen time too :(

lysie
Member Avatar

AidanGreensFan
Not quite. That's eight years for James and four years for Molly and three and half for Kate. They "should" both be at roughly half his episode count and neither are anywhere near that. They're pretty much on par with other actors who fulfilled a four year contract with Molly carrying a bit of a lead over the others in that age group and Kate trailing a bit because she hasn't completed those four years. Shawn Christian has only two fewer years than James and he's barely half way to James. No one is at a pace to catch up to James right now. James hit 1,000 episodes in a little over five years, and none of them will be able to do that.

DaysAddiction
Member Avatar

I wish Lucas also had more time on screen too. I mean he is ranked 11th but for some reason it seems like much less than that :shrug:
Edited by DaysAddiction, Aug 10 2014, 02:13 PM.

Restless84
Member Avatar

DaysAddiction
Aug 10 2014, 02:10 PM
I wish Lucas also had more time on screen too. I mean he is ranked 11th but for some reason it seems like much less than that :shrug:
That's because he use to be a regular and now he isn't. :( I don't know why they won't put him back on contract. It's so silly we haven't seen him the last few weeks with this Kami story going on.

lysie
Member Avatar

lysie
Aug 10 2014, 02:08 PM
AidanGreensFan
Not quite. That's eight years for James and four years for Molly and three and half for Kate. They "should" both be at roughly half his episode count and neither are anywhere near that. They're pretty much on par with other actors who fulfilled a four year contract with Molly carrying a bit of a lead over the others in that age group and Kate trailing a bit because she hasn't completed those four years. Shawn Christian has only two fewer years than James and he's barely half way to James. No one is at a pace to catch up to James right now. James hit 1,000 episodes in a little over five years, and none of them will be able to do that.
Oh wait. I read what you said wrong. Regardless, I don't think that's noteworthy. At this point, those particular actors only have an episode count indicative of a new contract. The only thing really remarkable, IMO, is that Freddie Smith doesn't.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply