Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Hello, soap fans -- and welcome to Daytime Royalty!

For those unfamiliar, we are an uncensored community for fans and lovers of the daytime genre. We have a no-holds-barred atmosphere in regards to the shows, writers, actors etc. but we do not allow member bashing in any form.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member, please log in to your account to access all of our features.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
On The Set: Freddie Smith Talks ‘WilSon’ Trouble On ‘Days’
Topic Started: Aug 5 2014, 09:36 AM (1,375 Views)
mrfixit
Member Avatar

On The Set: Freddie Smith Talks ‘WilSon’ Trouble On ‘Days’ And Guy Wilson Hijinks

Video with Freddie's interview

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/2014/08/05/on-the-set-freddie-smith-talks-wilson-trouble-on-days-and-guy-wilson-hijinks/
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deverauxfan
Member Avatar

TFP. I love Freddie! "That's called acting!" :laugh: B-)

Marlene

Is there a secret to getting the video to play?

Well the secret was to try another browser. :)
Edited by Marlene, Aug 5 2014, 10:51 AM.

Kaha
Member Avatar

I love Freddie. He's so adorable. I wish the writers would give him some good material. He totally earned it.

Zea3
Member Avatar

You have to have Xfinity to see the video. Maybe some kind soul will transcribe it for us?

KAM

Zea3
Aug 5 2014, 12:06 PM
You have to have Xfinity to see the video. Maybe some kind soul will transcribe it for us?
No, you don't. I just watched it w/o Xfinity. Maybe try again w/ IE browser. :)

ShaneDOOLFan

Its really nothing that we haven't seen or heard. Will is going to get backlash from Sami for writing the article about their family. I wish they would come up with something more interesting for this couple.

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Member Avatar

"Trouble is coming for our favorite gay couple in Salem.

It’s only been a few months since Will Horton (Guy Wilson) and Sonny Kiriakis (Freddie Smith) walked down the aisle but their relationship is about to hit its first big road bump. And is there any “Days of Our Lives” viewer who will be surprised to find that Will’s meddlesome mother Sami (Alison Sweeney) is involved?

I was on the set of “Days” last week and Smith gave me the lowdown on how Will’s journalistic ambition could spell trouble for everyone, including the young newlyweds. Also, the actor talked about working with co-star Guy Wilson and what Wilson likes to leave in Smith’s dressing room to get under his skin. Sounds like a married couple to me!"

Freddie: "You know, Sonny really wanted to help his husband, so he kinda puts in a good word to get him this dream job. And you know, he went behind his back, but it was only cause it was to help him. And now, the article that he's writing is kind of trashing family a little bit, but it is...you know, it's the hard truth. So Sonny is just really concerned about the backlash that's gonna happen from Sami. When Sami hears somethin, she doesn't just go "Oh, okay" she makes a thing of it. So Will and Sonny, they're just trying to protect their family. And Sonny just wants to make sure everything stays on an even keel."

Someone asks a question - they cut it out, but his response is:

"I think it's like relationships in general. It's like you're trying to balance work, and your personal life at the same time, then you bring family into it. It's...you know, things get crazy. So I'm glad this is actually make-believe and not real life, cause this would be a lot of drama.

Questioner person we don't see: So now that Will and Sonny have been married for a while, it's nice that it's not really even addressed anymore on the show like...such a plot point, such an issue.

Freddie "Yeah"

Questioner dude: They're just another couple on the show.

Freddie: "Yeah. Well I mean, that kinda has been happening every day. Like, for the past three and a half years, I've seen it go from like "Hey Freddie! What's it like playing the first gay character, to now it's like Sonny and Will are fighting, and it's...it's how it should be. You know, I think that the writers and the show and everybody just put together a very tasteful and amazing story. And uh...we're just like everyone else. How it should be, so I'm pumped about it."

Questioner dude asks another question we don't get to hear, but surmising from his answer, it's about the recast from Chandler to Guy.

Freddie: "Yeah, it's been almost a year. Time flies, time flies. No, we get along very well, um, he always comes in my dressing room, and it's just kinda the thing. So he just like hangs out in there, takes naps, and he always leaves his garbage in his room and it drives me up a wall, so it's kinda like we have this real...marriage happening. The kind of little things that we nit-pick on each other, so it's cool."

Another off-mic question.

Freddie: "I think half the time it's on purpose, yeah, cause I'll just walk in and there's stuff there for no reason. Just like an empty container, or a cup of coffee that's just cold and I'm just like 'Come on, throw it out', but he does it on purpose.

Still another question we don't get to hear.

Freddie: "Angry Sonny seems to be a fan favorite. I always see pictures of like...one of these like grilling faces that I give somebody. There's always captions of like 'Don't piss off Sonny!' And uh, so it's just kind of funny that...But no, I mean, the fans are great it's nice to feel all the love."

Questioner dude: Well I think that Sonny is usually is very even keeled, its nice when he does get to...something mumbled.

Freddie: "Yeah"

Questioner dude: And theres a lot to explore about on the show.

Freddie: "Yeah. Oh yeah, oh yeah. And it's fun as an actor to just unload and to be able to yell without any repercussions. I mean, they yell 'Cut!' and it's all like...you know what I mean, so it's nice to be able to play angry every now and then."

Questioner dude: I'll put you on the spot, can you make an angry face? mumble mumble

Freddie: "An angry face? I can get really, really angry if you'd like me to." His facial expression starts to harden. "I'm dead serious." He looks serious at the questioner dude.. "See that's called 'Acting'".

Posted Image

james0479
Member Avatar

^^^. Thanks so much for doing that because I couldn't get the video to play on my phone. I love Freddie, such a nice guy and always seems really excited to talk Days and Wilson. Lol @ See, that's called acting. And that pic....the boy is so cute! Love Sonny!!!

Yoryla
Member Avatar

:P I just love them. I wish they would get a storyline that doesn't involve Sami, but I guess that's bound to happen since she'll soon be leaving. I still suspect the triangle with Ben.
Edited by Yoryla, Aug 5 2014, 05:42 PM.

kay
Member Avatar
Kay

No1_ILoveLucyFan
Aug 5 2014, 02:14 PM
"Trouble is coming for our favorite gay couple in Salem.

It’s only been a few months since Will Horton (Guy Wilson) and Sonny Kiriakis (Freddie Smith) walked down the aisle but their relationship is about to hit its first big road bump. And is there any “Days of Our Lives” viewer who will be surprised to find that Will’s meddlesome mother Sami (Alison Sweeney) is involved?

I was on the set of “Days” last week and Smith gave me the lowdown on how Will’s journalistic ambition could spell trouble for everyone, including the young newlyweds. Also, the actor talked about working with co-star Guy Wilson and what Wilson likes to leave in Smith’s dressing room to get under his skin. Sounds like a married couple to me!"

Freddie: "You know, Sonny really wanted to help his husband, so he kinda puts in a good word to get him this dream job. And you know, he went behind his back, but it was only cause it was to help him. And now, the article that he's writing is kind of trashing family a little bit, but it is...you know, it's the hard truth. So Sonny is just really concerned about the backlash that's gonna happen from Sami. When Sami hears somethin, she doesn't just go "Oh, okay" she makes a thing of it. So Will and Sonny, they're just trying to protect their family. And Sonny just wants to make sure everything stays on an even keel."

Someone asks a question - they cut it out, but his response is:

"I think it's like relationships in general. It's like you're trying to balance work, and your personal life at the same time, then you bring family into it. It's...you know, things get crazy. So I'm glad this is actually make-believe and not real life, cause this would be a lot of drama.

Questioner person we don't see: So now that Will and Sonny have been married for a while, it's nice that it's not really even addressed anymore on the show like...such a plot point, such an issue.

Freddie "Yeah"

Questioner dude: They're just another couple on the show.

Freddie: "Yeah. Well I mean, that kinda has been happening every day. Like, for the past three and a half years, I've seen it go from like "Hey Freddie! What's it like playing the first gay character, to now it's like Sonny and Will are fighting, and it's...it's how it should be. You know, I think that the writers and the show and everybody just put together a very tasteful and amazing story. And uh...we're just like everyone else. How it should be, so I'm pumped about it."

Questioner dude asks another question we don't get to hear, but surmising from his answer, it's about the recast from Chandler to Guy.

Freddie: "Yeah, it's been almost a year. Time flies, time flies. No, we get along very well, um, he always comes in my dressing room, and it's just kinda the thing. So he just like hangs out in there, takes naps, and he always leaves his garbage in his room and it drives me up a wall, so it's kinda like we have this real...marriage happening. The kind of little things that we nit-pick on each other, so it's cool."

Another off-mic question.

Freddie: "I think half the time it's on purpose, yeah, cause I'll just walk in and there's stuff there for no reason. Just like an empty container, or a cup of coffee that's just cold and I'm just like 'Come on, throw it out', but he does it on purpose.

Still another question we don't get to hear.

Freddie: "Angry Sonny seems to be a fan favorite. I always see pictures of like...one of these like grilling faces that I give somebody. There's always captions of like 'Don't piss off Sonny!' And uh, so it's just kind of funny that...But no, I mean, the fans are great it's nice to feel all the love."

Questioner dude: Well I think that Sonny is usually is very even keeled, its nice when he does get to...something mumbled.

Freddie: "Yeah"

Questioner dude: And theres a lot to explore about on the show.

Freddie: "Yeah. Oh yeah, oh yeah. And it's fun as an actor to just unload and to be able to yell without any repercussions. I mean, they yell 'Cut!' and it's all like...you know what I mean, so it's nice to be able to play angry every now and then."

Questioner dude: I'll put you on the spot, can you make an angry face? mumble mumble

Freddie: "An angry face? I can get really, really angry if you'd like me to." His facial expression starts to harden. "I'm dead serious." He looks serious at the questioner dude.. "See that's called 'Acting'".

Posted Image
I believe the interviewer on the video is Jim Halterman.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · DAYS: News, Spoilers & Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply